─06.

We'll be taking a small look at Hyunjin's life in this chapter (=^ェ^=)
-🌺

Please read the note at the end <3

-

"Used to...? What happened to her..?" Seungmin asked. Hyunjin looked down at the shorter's word, millions of memories of a specific day crashing at his mind.

"She passed away."

"Oh- umm I- I'm- sorry for asking..."

Hyunjin stared at the red bunch of roses for a moment, "it's fine." He smiled.

Hyunjin reached for his phone on his pocket, glancing at the time. "It's almost 6, I better get going."

"Yeah, although we didn't really even start the project." Seungmin giggled, followed by Hyunjin giving a small laugh as well.

Hyunjin opened the door, turning around before leaving.

"Thanks." He smiled. "For today. Tell your dad his flower shop is amazing."

Seungmin, though being startled, smiled. "Anytime."

Hyunjin was about to step out when he was interrupted by Seungmin calling out his name.

"Wait, Hyunjin."

"Yeah?"

He handed him a red rose,

"You can keep the rose. It matches your outfit." He smiled.

Hyunjin stared at the rose with widened eyes, speaking as he came back to his senses.

"Hey- no I can't do that, your father's business loss-"

"Don't say that, one rose won't do any loss. Plus you like roses so," He put his hand above Hyunjin's

"consider it a gift from a friend" He smiled.

"Your driver is waiting, you better get going." Seungmin said as Hyunjin, still shocked, made his way out.

Seungmin couldn't keep the wide smile to himself, letting it out as soon as the older boy left.

Maybe Hyunjin is different.

-

Meanwhile when Hyunjin walked out he saw his driver waiting for him, he got in, looking at his wristwatch which showed 6:30.

He sighed, thinking his dad is probably not home again.

He smiled and mumbled a thank you to his driver and going in, the loneliness instantly hitting him.

It was the opposite of the pleasing scent of flowers from 10 minutes ago.

Flowers that always made him feel lively and energetic, but honestly Seungmin made him feel even happier.

Being next to him bloomed an incredible feeling on Hyunjin's chest.

Almost like he wanted to be with him more.

And? How has he never felt it when throwing insults at the boy during school for 4 years?

It's different, not the venomous emotion he felt when he sticks his tongue out at him. Right now all he felt was butterflies flying around his stomach everytime he smiled.

'What are you doing messing things up in my brain...kim seungmin...'

They're supposed to be enemies.

Aren't they?

He turned on the lights, questioning to himself where the maid was, cause if she was home then she must not have had the lights out.

That's when he saw her coming with a bunch of groceries.

"Sorry young master, I went to get some groceries since there weren't many things to cook."

"Nothing to apologize for, it's fine. By the way... Is dad coming by any chance?" He asked with a hopeful voice.

"Oh- um... Sorry to dissapoint you sir, but he can't come today."

"Of course not... What did I expect..." He threw his bag on the couch, running upstairs to his room, plopping on his king sized bed.

He thought about what his dad could be doing right now, probably talking to people who he likes way better than Hyunjin and are worth spending time with unlike Hyunjin.

He sighed. It's been years since he has actually spent time with him, well, except when he's not scolding him for his horrible grades.

Getting bored, he got up from his bed and went downstairs, taking a tour of the gigantic mansion.

The huge hallway was nicely decorated with beautiful paintings and pictures of various sizes and colors.

He stopped when he saw a specific one. It was a picture of him as a 7 year old. His dad was holding him with an expressionless face. No smile, no emotion.

Then he came across a picture of his parents on their first date.

His dad was smiling.

His dad always looked so happy when he was with her. Hyunjin also wanted to see him smile at him for once. Too bad, he's just a disappointment.

Everything would just be better if I wasn't born.

Then he came across the middle of the hallway. There contained the biggest picture. It was a picture of his mother.

She was everything. She was beautiful, kind, lovely, sweet, and everything a person could ever ask for.

He missed her.

Too much.

He doesn't let his tears fall. She always taught him to be strong. She taught him to hold on and believe in himself.

He got up, looking at the giant clock hanging on the wall, already time for dinner.

He was in no mood to eat right now, his appetite was ruined. So he told the maid to keep the food on the table and went to his room.

He wasn't gonna eat.

Maybe he will. All alone, again. He hated sitting at the huge dining table that could fit at least 30 people all by himself.

Maybe dad will be home tomorrow.

And with that being the last thought on his mind, he goes to sleep.

-

𝘼;𝙉

Hey my cute little munchkins.

So I just wanted to say that I hope you're enjoying so far. I'm really sorry if things are going too fast.

Can you tell me if it's too early for Hyunjin to reveal his story to Seungmin or should I do few chaps later?

Also, I wanted to tell you that I won't be able to update much for the next month :(( I'm really sorry.

I'll still try my best to update ( ̄3 ̄)~

Thank you so so much for reading. I really appreciate all of you lots <33

Have an amazing day, Jas loves you!

-🌺

(p.s if u read that painting scene from another one of my books that I unpublished no u didn't)

-𝙈𝘼𝙎𝙆𝙀𝘿-