YAMIRNA

By Blackmermaid44

A miracle is it is for yadava princess to luminate the burning gold. But how could he let the gloom fill his... More

Author's Note
ARRIVAL
THE ENTRY
PAIN
MEETING
THOUGHTS
RETURN
DWARKA
YAJNASENI
SWAYAMVAR
INSULT
HASTINAPUR
RAJYASABHA
STUDENT
ALLIANCE
WAITING
TEMPLE
ABDUCT
SHOCK
REALIZATION
ALONE
READY
WORDS
TASK
WIN
MARRIAGE
FAREWELL
ANGA
START
MESSAGE
SORROW
FAINTED
GUILT
APOLOGY
ADVISE
MISSING
TALK
INDRAPRASTHA-1
INDRAPRASTHA-2
INDRAPRASTHA-3
INDRAPRASTHA-4
PROMISE
SISTER
GUESTS
STALKING
BROTHER
DECISION
CONFESSION

REJECTION

2.6K 137 30
By Blackmermaid44

With wide eyes Radhanandhan sensed the extra added lightweight around his neck, a long garland of lotuses rests proudly on his chest. His immediate gaze met with the bride who stood infront of him....he took another few moments to comprehend what exactly happened. He stared her in pure shock and surprise, confused more at the relief flooding on his heart. Why??

Unable to hold his gaze she shyly looked down and found it interesting to stare his lotus feets. A slight blush was so prominent.

Everyone shocked at the scene unfolded. All had their jaw dropped to the ground. Shakuni's one closed eye opened wide along with the other in utter shock. It took some moments for him to again close that one eye in realization, Now he just got the entire picture in clear. A slight smirk grazed on his lips seeing the newly wed couple.

The couple got their attention waver away from each other by the shouts by all sides. Shishupal's enraged voice directed at her," Yamika....how dare you?? You married that Suta!! You are a disgrace to Yadavas!! "

Rukmii supported Shishupal, " You just insulted all the Kshatriya Kings!! "

That infuriated the other Kings and started to shout at the bride. One said purposely to jab the Jyesht Kaurava, " What a pity!! She just rejected Yuvaraj of Hastinpur for a Suta!! "

Another one howled, " Did she thought we are inferior to that Sutaputra? "

All said in unison, " She must get punished for this arrogance!! "

Yamika frowned and tried to hide away from their cruel gaze. All of them continued their shouting. Karna was in a daze....he just couldn't differentiate what reality is?? Did she garlanded him?? Is she really his wife now??

Suddenly the entire arena shook by the sudden shake of earth . All are looked up to the source only to find an fuming Balram who stood there with his mace on shoulder..... All cowardly hurried back to their seat mentally cursing themselves for forgetting who the bride really was.

Balram shouted aloud, " If you all forget....This is Dwarka.... My sister do what she wishes, still anyone want to question her?? "

All became numb to speak and lowered their heads. Balram continued in his thundering voice, "  We have already made it clear bride will marry the one who completes the task!! As you all can see Angaraj is the one!! One who completed the task....if you all still against the idea of this Swayamvar then be ready to face my wrath!! "

Duryodhan fisted his hand with a tightened jaw. She just tricked him....she proved it, she sure is the true sister of Sreekrishna.

All Kings got terrified at the threat and left in hurry. Now the arena left with Pandavas, Shakuni, Dushasan, Ashwattama and Duryodhan. All of them reached down where Yamika and Karna standing. Yamika were agonized by the insults thrown to them, she didn't expected such an disapproval from the persons she never even met before. And sure the blank stare from Karna all the while did nothing to help her worry.

Shakuni broke the silence by saying, " Dwarka naresh...... Maybe you can silence others!! Still Angaraj have the right to ask about this act of insulting!!! "

All were still confused at what happened and Shakuni's words amplified it more. Balram stated, " Gandhar Raj.... Make it clear!! "

Shakuni smirked at karna whose gaze is still fixed on Yamika and asks, " Angaraj......are you willing to marry this girl??

I don't think so!! Why you have to accept this girl who never hesitated to insult your mitr!!

And she garlanded you when she realised she can't marry her lover!! She made all those Kings insult you!!  "

.

.

.

Finally Karna's gaze moved from Yamika to Shakuni with a look of shocked realization, now that makes sense. For a moment he thought of all the positive possibilities and were trapped by that innocent face. Now after recalling everything that happened he is so sure what Gandharraj said is true only. No way he could accept someone as self oriented and arrogant as she to his life.....she will ruin them.

Yamika were in pure horror seeing him thoughtful. Gandharraj is no fool to not to understand who she loves by now, so he playing that dirty game....he manipulating him. Why??

Shakuni coward away from Balram's intense glare, still both brothers chose to remain silent. This is a fight she alone have to walk through by the choice she made. Womens were all in worry and anxious at the drama taking place at the occasion of such a grand swayamvar Aryavart could ever witness.

Yamika felt speechless at her love's expressionless face. Draupadi asks in behalf of her, " Gandhar Raj....You can't say something you are not sure of!! "

Shakuni replied in his cunning tone, all the while fixing his gaze on Karna, " What I said is the seeing through truth only Putriii......your friend loves Nakul, she arranged this task for your husbands to participate!!

But unfortunately we stopped them and in revenge she chose Angaraj to insult and degrade him and his mitr!! "

Yamika murmured in disbelief, " What?? Nakul?? "
She worriedly looked Draupadi who don't know how to control the situation in hand. She hates the helpless look on younger's face.

Karna's palms were in a fist and he were sweating profusely. He couldn't help the face of the woman appeared on his mind, Vrushali.....years of waiting. There marriage is a day away, all arranged, a girl with dreams waiting for him. And this is his fault to invest into this girl infront of him so much....who did nothing but pathetic princess things. He is a man who vowed to marry only one woman!!

And Shakuni's words that still echoed on his ears did nothing to help " She loves Nakul...chose Angaraj as a rebound!! "

That was the final straw for Yamika as she became furious and said, " Gandhar Raj.... You don't make sense and so in wrong.....The one I loves is none other than King of....."

But she couldn't complete her words as Karna's strong and sharp words pierced her ears and heart all in once, " I can't accept her!! "

He felt so disgusted at himself....even after all of this he still hates to hear her saying someone else's name. What a pity!!

Everyone shocked on his words...how can't, a bride can't be rejected by the one she garlanded, Now he is the only one bound to marry her. Yamika were so frozen in shock. That was so unexpected. What she dreamed and what she got!! All those wishes and prayers went in vain. She still gathered herself knowing any moment soon she will break. Her vision were already in blur, silent tears poured. A beautiful stone statue with raining eyes is she is.

Shakuni smirked seeing his plan is working. He need them to break and finally he himself will stitch them up.

Now Balram just couldn't stay silent as his furious voice went out, " Angaraj....Do you know what it will cost you of the words you just said? You shouldn't have participated if you can't marry her!! "

Karna too replied in a equal ferocious tone, " All I did was completing the task in behalf of mitr!! Never thought to become a rebound!! "

Balram said pissed, " If am right you are one of the invited guests and what word in ' the person who completes the task can only marry her ' that you can't understand?? "

Karna asks sarcastically by sending a sharp glare at the direction of Nakul, " You expect me to marry a girl who loves someone else?? Sorry am not the one to do that!! "

Yamika closed her eyes at such harsh words....she felt the immense pain eating her alive. Krishna remain silent with a sad face on the thoughts of more of the events to come, she have to go through a lot. His Yaami doesn't deserves this!!

Both Balram and draupadi wanted to correct him and say the truth. But are they in place to tell him that.

Surprising others Bheem spoke, " Yaami just kept her word by marrying the one who completed the task!! You are in no place to reject her.... She is a princess!! Gem of Dwarka!! How could the coal from the slum could even know it's worth!! "

His words only infuriated Karna and Arjun's next words were like oil spilling on fire, " Angaraj.... Aren't you a warrior with morals?? How could you turn your back onto Yamika who is now your responsibility!! "

Karna stood same not acknowledging their words....now he is truly concerned over his mitr's yet another insult here in this Dwarka. Dushasan and Ashwattama were in angry with the younger princess. Same was in the case of Duryodhan.

Yudhishtir finally tried to persuade the supposedly groom in a calm voice, " Angaraj....This is your dharma!! There standing a girl who chose you as her better half.....fulfill your dharma!! Marry her!! "

Karna emotionlessly stared him and turned to look at the mandap that beautifully decorated to organise the  marriage which was on the corner of the entire vast arena. He took off the garland from his neck and thrown it to the sacrificial fire that flamed high on the middle of mandap. Yamika felt her heart is set to fire with that soft garland and she looked him in disbelief, is he really hate her that much?? What she even done??

Karna turned again to Yudhishtir and taunted in reply, " It's her lover's Dharma to marry her....in that case ask your brother to marry her!! "

Yamika felt suffocated and Druapadi held her feeble form. Kunti looked the entire situation helplessly not knowing how to deal it....which of her son should marry Yamika??

Nakul who was silent all the while said furiously , " I won't let this unfortunate fate befall upon her on my name!! I do have the spine to accept this helpless girl here!! "

All became shocked. Really?? Prince Nakul ready to marry someone who garlanded another men?? He may face crude remarks from society, though his heart is made of gold to save the girl from this cruel rejection.

Now that was not something Shakuni expected and gritted his teeth in anger, he won't let her slide away from their side that easily!!

Finally the bride who were about to collapse if it was not for Draupadi,  Yelled out, " Enough!! "

All stopped their arguments and silence invaded in rush. They all looked Yamika who harshly came out from her Krishna's hold aggressively.

For a moment she looked them all with anger glazing eyes. All she saw was pity and taunt. And she just won't let these self oriented hypocrites here decide her future. Neither she need anyone's pity nor she deserves his hatred.

Her gaze end up on both Karna and Nakul. Those hazel orbs were drowned in anger and pain....why??and now she could see the love and adoration dripping from Nakul's eyes, oh.... How happy would have she if King of Anga held such soft feelings for her. She is a fool who never considered the possibility of him not liking her in that way.

She harshly wiped those drops of agony from her cheeks and all determined looked Karna to say in a strong voice, " Angaraj!! You became my husband the moment I garlanded you...... It's not so wise of you to suggest someone else to marry your wife!!

I understood you can't accept me...your wife, Am fine with that!!

All of you stop it already....Don't force him for something he never desired in the first place!! "

Karna opened his eyes wide in shock.... Why she can't marry Nakul?? He is still ready to accept her....what's wrong with this girl??

She continued in a shattered voice, " Today Dwarka prepared to bid farewell for me. No Yadavi would stay behind her home on the day of marriage, I too won't!! "

She stopped for some moments making others confuse of what her decision will be.... She said without much of expression, " This rejection means am at fault and I would like to redeem myself by sacrificing me to the sacred fire!! "

All became shocked. What's she even saying?? Sure what happened to her is not fair yet giving up herself is not appreciable. Shakuni tsked....the girl is so serious about the suta friend of his nephew....Good!!

Revati shouted in horror, " Yaamiii! "

Draupadi recalled Yamika's words earlier of ending her life if she can't marry the one she loves!! Draupadi shook her head in disbelief....this girl is so stubborn.

Subhadra went crazy and scolded the younger,  " Yaamii...How dare you?? Go back to the palace right now!! We elders will decide further about the Swayamvar!! "

Balram too joined her in a persuading tone, " Yaamiii....dear.....Married or not, you will be always Dwarka's pride!! If anyone here had lose anything it's not you for sure!!

My little princess deserves much more!! All the happiness in the world!! So don't talk anything serious like death and go to your chamber!! "

She ignored them and stood stoned, their words did nothing to change her mind. Balram tried once more, " I promise you sister, everything will go as you wished....I won't hesitate to slay whoever it is for you!! "

Dushasan and Ashwathama gulped at that. Shakuni's eyes glazed....yes that's what he wanted, this girl holds such power over Mahabali Balram and no way they gonna lose her, neither she will get what she wants.

All defeated she looked her siblings with a soft smile and joined her palms infront of them to say, " Forgive me....But maybe this was the fate I waited all the while!! Let it be....please!! "

The very moment she turned in a swift motion and strode towards the fire in mandap. Krishna still stood expressionless and his strong gaze were on Karna.

Karna were still processing what she said, he couldn't believe his ears. Which princess will go this far for a mere win over his mitr. He couldn't deny the worry itching on every fiber of his being.

Kunti approached him worriedly to plead for her niece, " Putr.... stop this madness!! accept or not, she is your wife!! "

Nakul cried out all terrified by the sight of fire blazing high each step she took forward, " Angaraj!! Have some mercy and do something!! "

Meanwhile Revati insisted her husband, " Arya...This is crazy!! Do something....our...our Yaamii!! "

Balram caught up with the waves of anger as he yelled, " Suyodhan....Wait for me to burn your Kingdom from it's root!! Your doom awaits!! "

Dushasan gulped in fear. Shakuni's eyes went wide....he won't let things go that far and nodded to Duryodhan who understood the meaning behind it and turned to his mitr to say, " Mitr.... accept her!! "

All sighed in relief, The SutaKing won't go against the words of his dear friend. But all confused seeing him still standing frozen to the spot. He heard nothing.....words of Yamika echoed on his ear in a loop.

A warm touch on his shoulder made him blink back to reality and panicking he switched his eyes between Krishna and Yamika who heading towards the fire as if it is the most awaited moment of her life.

Krishna grabbed his attention saying calmly, " Angaraj....The loyalty you sworn to death blinded you enough to not to see the truth!! "

Karna looked him blankly still keeping an eye on Yamika via the corner of his eyes. Her gait were determined and powerful yet soft, so like her.

Krishna asks sharply, " Which warrior would reject the Kanya who entrusted him enough with her life by garlanding him?? Every princess could chose the one she wants to marry in her Swaymvar!!

You still think what you doing is right?? "

Karna couldn't form any words out of his mouth. He stood gaped and chest were heaving up and down. Each step she took forward made him sweat profusely. He....he have to do something, he wants to stop it.....stop her!!

Krishna said softly, " Oh please stop being in denial!! close your eyes and search in you!! "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 11.8K 48
Whilst she was questioned and insulted by her own people, an inner hope kept her alive that he will return and take her to his house one day. On the...
26.7K 1.2K 25
Love has the power to heal.. don't you agree.. I believe it is and here the story...
21.2K 498 5
He was just a charioteer's son, who had a rich friend, and she was the Princess of Panchal, about to wed another man. Though it was love at first sig...
42.8K 1.8K 6
Looking at the central attraction of the city The howrah bridge from him glass cabin, he sees the peaceful night and shimmering lights Making it look...