One Last Time - I'll Make It...

By Hoe4oneD5

After nearly six years on hiatus Harry, Liam, Louis and Niall all put their solo careers on hold to get back... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Zayn
Chapther 2 - Louis
Chapter 3 - Liam
Chapter 4 - Niall
Chapter 5 - Zayn
Chapter 6 - Harry
Chapter 7 - Liam
Chapter 8 - Louis
Chapter 9 - Niall
Chapter 10 - Zayn
Chapter 11 - Harry
Chapter 12 - Liam
Chapter 13 - Niall
Chapter 14 - Louis
Chapter 15 - Zayn
Chapter 16 - Harry
Chapter 17 - Liam
Chapter 18 - Louis
Chapter 19 - Niall
Chapter 20 - Zayn
Chapter 21 - Harry
A/N
Chapter 22 - Louis
Chapter 23 - Liam
Chapter 24 - Niall
Chapter 25 - Harry
Chapter 27 - Louis
Chapter 28 - Liam
Chapter 29 - Zayn
Chapter 30 - Niall
Chapter 31 - Harry
Chapter 32 - Louis
Sequel!

Chapter 26 - Zayn

1.4K 32 1
By Hoe4oneD5

"What was that?"

Harry just stormed out as if he had somewhere to be. He looked torn between a state of rage and desperation. I'm guessing he'll let the rage win.

Being angry is easier than being in pain.

I look over to where Lottie, Phoebe and Daisy are sat huddled together. When we learnt that Louis was gonna make it, Daisy broke down. Her legs just gave out as she fell to the floor.

I itched to go check on them, try to comfort them to the best of my abilities. But none of them have even looked at me.

I know this isn't about me, but about Louis. So I'm doing my best to keep my feelings about them in check. But I can't ignore the blow it is to learn that they still hate me.

I can't say I blame them for hating me after not showing up after their mother passed. Not that I had much of a choice in the matter, exactly.

To my surprise, Lottie gets up from her seat next to the twins, making her way to where I'm stood by the entrance to the waiting room.

I peek behind me to see if Harry might have come back and she's on her way to her instead. But I'm the only one here.

She looks so much like Jay did.

My heart aches for her and her siblings. They've lost so much.

"Um. Can I talk to you for a minute, Zayn?", she asks timidly, fiddling with the hem if her sweater.

"Of course.", I blurt out immediately, mentally smacking myself.

"Please sit.", I urge her when she keeps standing after I've sat down myself, gesturing to the seat next to mine.

Lottie nods, finally sitting down. She hesitantly meets my eye, hers red from tears.

She opens her mouth to speak, but I rush out, "I am so sorry Lottie. I understand if you want me to leave.", knowing if I don't say anything now, I never will.

Her eyes widen a fraction as she looks at me in disbelief, "No, no. That's not what I wanted to say at all.", she tells me, "I was gonna say that Lou called me yesterday and told me to not be mad at you anymore. He didn't say why, just that I should give you a chance."

"He did?", I ask in complete shock, feeling my heart beat faster in stress.

I was really not prepared to talk about this today. But if she's willing to give me a chance to redeem myself, I'm sure as hell gonna take it.

I've missed her.

Before I left the band, whenever we got to see our families, Louis would visit mine with me and I'd come to Doncaster with him.

All five of us know the other's families pretty well, but Louis and I never wanted to be away from each other longer than necessary.

We'd often have barbeques and invite the lads down as well.

I would like to think they kept doing it after I left, but I don't know. I wasn't there.

Lottie looks at me expectantly, clearly wanting an explanation.

"What do you wanna know?"

-

After Lottie and I talked, Liam and Niall came back from wherever the hell they were, Niall looking like a man who just came back from the dead.

He was extremely pale, dark, heavy bags and bloodshot eyes.

He practically tackled me to the floor when I stood up to greet him, informing me of all the ways he would hurt me if I ever 'pulled a Louis' on him.

Guess we're calling getting in a car accident while drunk 'a Louis', now.

After reassuring him that I wouldn't, I persuaded him to come with me back to my place. Stating that he looks like a dead fish that's been out of water for weeks.

I offered Lottie and the twins to come too, but they declined, insisting on staying at the hospital in case something happened with Louis.

I'll just bring them some clean clothes in the morning. Even if mine are probably way too big for them.

We arrived at my house an hour ago, Liam going straight to bed. Not without I grabbed his wrist on his way up the stairs, pulling him to me to give him a kiss goodnight, His cheeks became a bright shade of pink. He's truly adorable.

And handsome. And kind. And funny. And smart. And thoughtful. And sexy. A-

"Zee.", my silent fawning over Liam is interrupted by Niall shoving me off the sofa.

"Excuse you.", I scowl at him from the floor, seeing the shit-eating grin on his face. "What?"

"Nothing."

"You pushed me off my own fucking couch for nothing. Seriously?", I snap, getting slightly aggravated.

Niall raises his hands in surrender at my tone, "Wow, wow. Calm down, mate. I was kidding."

"You think this is funny?", I squint my eyes at him as I'm lifting myself off the floor. What the hell is funny about this?

"No. What I think is funny is you looking like a love-struck puppy. Choosing to sit down here with me instead of laying next to the person making you seem like a teenager with a massive crush.", he explains, not managing to hold back the smile fighting its way back to his face.

"I feel like it too.", I mumble, not thinking about the fact that I said it out loud.

"I knew it.", Niall nearly shouts in my ear before he's practically flying off the sofa and up the stairs like a god damn boomerang. Only he doesn't come back after I hear him shout something at Liam, muffled by the distance.

I shake my head in amusement. Liam's not gonna be very pleased with Niall now. He hates being woken up before he's supposed to.

After not even two minutes, the sound of feet coming down the stairs echoes throughout the otherwise empty house, Liam sitting down next to me. A sour expression on his face.

"What's wrong, luv?", I rest my head on his shoulder in hopes of hiding the way my lips curve upwards.

Liam sighs, his body relaxing into mine, head leaning on mine, "He woke me up by yelling about how sexy I think you are, which, well he was right about that. Then he rolled me out of bed and went to sleep there himself."

I can practically hear the pout in his voice, struggling to contain the laughter forming in my chest.

I clear my throat, "Does it make you feel any better if I tell you that before he went upstairs, he pushed me off the sofa and yelled at me too?"

Liam nods, taking my hand and bringing it to his lips, pressing a soft kiss to it.

The butterflies forming in my stomach must be on crack from the insane feeling they cause, making me feel lighter than a cloud.

I am so gone for this man.

"You know I love you right, babe?", Liam mumbles against the back of my hand, his warm breath fanning over the skin, causing goosebumps to erupt on my arms.

I feel my cheeks heat up from his words as I nuzzle my face on his shoulder, his smell comforting as ever, "And I absolutely despise you.", I say sarcastically.

"Heyyy!", Liam whines in faux hurt. "Why are you being so mean?"

"Just stating the truth, luv.", I shrug, a huge smile on my face.

"Idiot."

-

A/N

Hey!

This is just a filler, really.

I felt the need to write at least a little joy into the story now. It got really dark all of a sudden.

This wasn't supposed to happen, but it did :(

But hey, a little but of Ziam never hurt anyone.

Our Song comes out tomorrow!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I'm also getting a proper desk, but that's not the point. Tomorrow should be a great day.

Also, the photos from set today are just...stream Back To Life by Zayn.

Any who, I hope you like this update and are taking care of yourselves.

Don't hesitate to message me if you want.

TPWK!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

- Emily xx

me when all the photos came out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 671 20
COMPLETED Harry is still mad at everything and everyone and just wants to forget about the time he spent in One Direction and the day everything fell...
937 8 10
Nearly 14 years since One Direction formed, the group chat is active once again. Harry and Louis have moved in together, with Louis and Harry co-pare...
42K 1K 55
It's the year 2020 and One Direction is still on hiatus, but their contract with Modest!Management ended. Larry can finally come out and Louis and Ha...
1.3K 38 6
It's been 2 years since the hiatus, 2 years since the fight. In 2 years a lot can happen and even more can change. Harry and Louis are living proof...