Newtmas ~One Shots~

By GladerA24

Enjoy! More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.

6.

2.4K 45 3
By GladerA24

Part2

~No One's POV~

Chaos was the only word that could describe the Glade at the moment.

The doors of the maze were all wide open, letting the grievers enter the Glade freely and attack the gladers. Everyone had seeked shelter inside the council, all stacked up in the small space as they listened to see if the grievers were still there. They had nearly lost Chuck and they had just lost Alby to the grievers.

Thomas didn't waist any time though, not bothering to see if the beasts were still there and tried to follow the griever which had taken Alby. He stumbled outside the room, stopping dead in his tracks when his eyes fell on the sight in front of him.

The glade was completely destroyed. Fire burning everywhere and silence, dead silence, filling the night air. The other gladers had hurriedly followed after Thomas only to have the same reaction and look around the Glade in despair.

"Gally?" Thomas asked as he saw the teenage boy walk furiously towards him just before throwing his fist in Thomas' face. The brunette fell to the ground from the blow but also from the shock, not having expected that but soon he was back on his feet, listening to Gally accusing him.

Thomas stood there, thinking about what the other was saying and that maybe he was right, maybe it really was his fault. He looked at Newt, the blonde trying to calm Gally down and holding him back with the others to prevent him from attacking Thomas again, and wondered how he would react if they discovered that he had a part in all of this.

He needed to know. Thomas had to know if he was at fault here. So without thinking twice, he snatched the needle that was in Chuck's hand and slammed it into his thigh, a loud yell of pain escaping his mouth just as Chuck and Teresa both screamed his name in horror at what he had just done. Thomas could vaguely hear Newt tell him that he was going to be okay as he cried and held his hand just before Thomas lost consciousness.

~In Thomas' mind~ Flashback~

I was walking in the corridors of WICKED's headquarters, heading discreetly towards Newt's bedroom. I crossed paths with a few guards and doctors, nervously greeting them and behaving as confidently as I could to not raised any suspicions towards me and my presence near the subjects' rooms.

Room 109 soon enough came into view and I was about to reach for the door handle when I heard footsteps coming my way. I dropped to the ground quickly to pretend I was tying my shoelaces and doing so until they walked passed me and turned around the corner, leaving me alone again. I stood back up and reached for the handle again, turning it and entering the room only to find it empty.

Panic rushed through my veins as I took in the empty space and stood frozen in place for a few minutes before coming back to my senses and running as fast as could towards the surgery rooms. I tried to stay focused and not let in too much fear as I could not let anybody know how affected I was being by this, they would do bad things Newt.

I kept running, ignoring the looks I received as I did so and after another two minutes running, the surgery rooms came into view and I slowed down, breathing in and out to even my breathing again and hide the fact that I had ran all the way here. I opened the door and walked inside, seeing thankfully only a few nurses and Newt, lying down onto a table, straps gripping his ankles and wrists so that he wouldn't move.

"What are you doing here?" A nurse asked with a raised eyebrow, standing next to me. "You're not supposed to be in here"

"It will only take a few minutes, I need to talk to the suject" I said as confidently as possible and she chuckled.

"Right" She said, dragging the word a bit as she said it and shook her head at me.

"Let him" A voice ordered from behind me and I saw the nurse's face lose all its color and the smile faded from her face.

I turned around and saw Ava Paige standing there. Her eyes left the nurse and fell on me, a small smile taking place on her lips as she looked at me.

"Go say goodbye to him, Thomas" She said and I stared at her with wide eyes and she chuckled. "I have eyes and ears everywhere, of course, I was going to find out about the two of you eventually" She announced and I looked down at my feet.

"But you said-"

"I know what I said" She cut me off, thinking back to the day Thomas and a few others had started working for WICKED when they were old enough to. She had told them that they couldn't make or stay friends with the subjects, let alone date them. "I made an exception for you. You're the best of all of them, you deserved to have someone special, even if it was only for a little while. Now go"

Without wasting time, I turned around and walked to Newt, ignoring everyone else. He turned his head towards me and his eyes widened before tearing up.

"Tommy" He said, his tears falling down his cheeks quickly and I had to hold back mine. I took a hold of his hand and kissed his forehead gently.

"I'm so sorry" I whispered, putting my forehead against his and closing my eyes, not wanting to believe I was going to lose him forever. In only a couple of minutes he will not remember me, remember us.

"It's not your fault" He replied and I scoffed but he kissed me, shutting me up before I could even argue with him and I completely melted into the kiss, enjoying our last few moments together. "It's not your fault, love"

"I love you, Newtie" I told him, holding his face tenderly in my hands. "I have something for you" I whispered, making sure no one could see and checking if Ava Paige was looking at us. Thankfully she was not and I turned back to Newt, taking two things out of my pockets. I held it up so that he could see and his eyes softened and a small sad smile took place on his lips.

"Tommy" He whispered and I smiled, my lips trembling as I attached the chain around his neck discreetly. "You didn't have to"

"I wanted to" I replied. "My name is engraved into yours and your name is engraved in mine" I said, putting the other ring which was not attached to a chain in his hand so that he could slip the ring on my finger. With a bit of difficulty, since his wrist was strapped to the bed, he finally put the ring on my finger and held my hand again.

"I love you" He whispered and I kissed him again just as Ava called my name, telling me that it was time for me to leave. Newt started to panic and tears fell down my cheeks as I held onto his hand desperately.

But as I was refusing to leave, two guards came up to me and seperated us, dragging me outside the room while I was wrestling in their grip to go back to my love without success.

And that night, when I was laying in my bed, all I could think about was those screams Newt let out when I was dragged away. I could still hear him calling for me, telling me to not leave him and that he loved me. I cried so much that night and for the next two years, I spend my entire days and nights, looking after Newt through the cameras inside the maze.

~End of flashback~ Thomas's POV~

I opened my eyes, squinting as the sun hit my face and blinded me as I slowly sat up. I looked around to see that I was in the pit with Teresa.

"What the hell were you thinking?" I heard Chuck say and I snapped my head to the wooden bars preventing us from leaving to see Chuck, Minho and Newt crouching in front of us.

I stood up as quickly as I could and rushed to Newt, my hand reaching through the bars to cup his cheek and hold his face gently. He blushed slightly, looking taken aback by my actions since no one knew about us.

"I remember" I whispered and he stared at me, realisation hitting him as he teared up. "I remember everything, you, us."

"Really?" He asked in a whisper as well and I smiled sadly at him.

"Yeah" I replied. "I gave you the ring the day you were sent here" I told him and his hand went up to his neck, gripping the ring tightly. "I loved you since we were children"

"What?" He asked and I knew what he was silently asking.

"We grew up with WICKED" I informed and he looked at me in shock. "I wasn't allowed to be friends with you after.."

"After what?"

"After they made me work for them" I said, closing my eyes in regret. "They told us that we couldn't stay friends with the subjects and nobody knew we were dating all those years. 5 years" I smiled at the last statement. "I love you so much, Newtie, I'm so sorry"

"It's not your fault" He whispered and a flash of the last time we spoke before the maze came to mind and I smiled sadly again, looking up at him.

"You said that to me before we got seperated" I told him and he smiled back.

"Well, I was right then too" He replied. "I love you too by the way"

"That's really sweet and all but we kind of have a problem here" Minho said, snapping us out of our small bubble and looking at us with a blank face, gesturing to the pit even though a ghost of a smile could be seen on his face.

"He's right" Newt said and we started to plan something for us to leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.9K 1.3K 20
Another mazerunner story for you all:) x
Yours By Nya

Fanfiction

1.3K 55 1
A Teen Wolf x The Maze Runner Newtmas Story 💞
16K 405 28
Newtmas But it's teenwolfxmaze runner Stiles is Tommy but lost his memory or something like that