Who's there? (TAEKOOK)

By dreamistaekook

Jeon Jungkook, a person who always as far as he remembers was alone and lonely. One day he moves out into a n... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter (M)

Chapter 17

3.9K 274 95
By dreamistaekook

The next morning the acts of the previous day were repeated. Taehyung's Ggukie was nowhere to be found because Jeongguk decided to leave early again.

Of course he prepared breakfast for the silver-head, and left a note with words that were not new to Taehyung. The house simply felt silent and empty.

Taehyung knew something was wrong. Something was up with his Ggukie but he just didn't know what because the latter just wouldn't voice it out.

Now Taehyung may be a soul but he definitely wasn't a psychic and he obviously couldn't read minds. He wasn't assuming but by watching the younger's behaviour he knew that the situation was anything but normal.

He huffed loudly and then sat down on the couch with the pancakes which were on his 'I am the best' engraved plate which were now on his lap. He munched on it angrily and cursed Jeongguk under his breath because the latter deserved it. Why wouldn't he? Why was he ignoring Taehyung?

Fine. Two can play a game. If Jeongguk is ignoring him then Taehyung will give him the taste of his own medicine. He will ignore Jeongguk too. If the younger can, he can as well.

But then he can't help but think again. Why would he be ignoring him? Is it because of the dates? If so, he can just tell Taehyung and maybe he could give Jeongguk a break from these dates for now.

Communication. One word but is stronger than the strongest person in this world. Jeongguk needed to communicate with Taehyung to know what was happening or what went wrong but the younger one avoided the entire communication thing.

"Ah Ggukie! My head is aching thinking about your ignorance towards me." Taehyung groaned, placing the plate on the table and leaning backwards on the couch.

He started pouting evidently and threw his fists in the air aggressively.

"Is he forgetting that he can't touch me but I can? Let him come back, I will smack his head. How dare he avoid me?" Taehyung mumbled to himself again and stood up huffing and dashed into his bedroom.

Whereas a sulking Jeongguk stood in the cafe, glaring at the coffee machine. Why wouldn't he sulk? He was avoiding the love of his life, his beautiful silver-head ghost, his gorgeous turquoise eyed best friend.

He knew he was missing him. It just has been a day of him ignoring the silver-head yet here he is feeling extremely down and suffocated. He doesn't want to---he doesn't have the will to avoid the silver-head but if he doesn't, his heart hurts more.

But how long can he run away? How long can he avoid the problem, how long can he avoid and run away from Taehyung? Because at the end of the day, him avoiding Taehyung was also hurting his heart.

His morning doesn't begin without taking a glance of the silver-head's pouty sleepy face, his breakfast isn't complete without sharing pancakes with the elder not before bickering, his work doesn't start until and unless he makes sure he said bye to the silver-head before leaving yet here he was, not doing that for just two days and he is completely miserable.

He knows he is being petty and anyone would advise him to just communicate and get over the problem. But is it that easy? Is communication always that easy? What would he tell the silver-head? Love me because I love you? Is that what he will say? Because that's the only thing that can make his heart feel at ease.

He sighed and worked on the order placed in front of him. Love is not the only thing in life, money is important too and for that he needs to work. But today he is extremely distracted. His mind keeps telling him that he shouldn't be this petty and not punish the silver-head of something which is not in his hand. Feelings don't build up, they grow.

A constant pull between his mind and his heart was making him distracted from the real world where he needs to work. His mind tells him to stop avoiding the silver-head and act maturely whereas his heart convinces him to do whatever he is doing because it's okay to act immature sometimes.

"Guk? Hey Guk?" Jack's worried voice made its way to Jeongguk's ears but faintly.

Jeongguk was still too engrossed in his own thoughts that Jack's appearance was a bit too overwhelming.

"Guk!! Are you listening?" Jack almost screamed in the ravennete's ears which finally made Jeongguk face him.

"I-Is something wrong?" Jeongguk asked when he saw an unimpressed Jack standing in front of him.

"I should ask you that. Is something wrong because this is the third time this morning that you have misplaced orders." Jack said as he raised his eyebrows.

Jeongguk stared back blankly at Jack. He did that?

"Oh? I-I didn't mean to, I-I guess I was just a bit l-lost." Jeongguk replied, mumbling looking at his fingers.

"That's why I am asking, Guk. Is something wrong? Is something bothering you?" Jack asked, his eyebrows frowning due to worry.

"Uh--- well---" Jeongguk didn't know what to reply because how would he explain his situation---more like he was tired of trying to explain his situation. He didn't want to.

"Look Guk, Grace Noona is very lenient on us---especially you. But we shouldn't take advantage of that. If something important is on your mind then I understand you're distracted but if it's not then I don't really support this behaviour of yours." Jack said as he sighed at the ravenette's lack of response.

"What are you both boys chatting about?" Grace asked as she walked towards the counter with a wide smile on her face.

"Good morning, Noona. Not chatting, just Jeongguk seems distracted, something is on his mind." Jack replied as he sighed again.

He is not snitching on Jeongguk but he cares and he knows that if Jeongguk really is going through something then he should talk about it.

"Oh, is it? Well what's wrong my boy?" Grace asked as she raised her eyebrows.

"I am sorry, Noona. I'll pay attention to work now." Jeongguk replied immediately, avoiding eye contact.

"Is it important?" Grace asked softly.

Jeongguk just stared at her with confused eyes in reply.

"Whatever is on your mind, is it important?" Grace rephrased her sentence and asked.

Jeongguk stilled for a moment and knew what Grace was exactly asking.

"Yes. He is important." Jeongguk replied, inhaling a deep breath.

"Then what are you doing here being distracted? Get out of here and solve your important matter. Go go!" Grace literally shooed the ravenette as Jack watched the situation unfolding in front of with sheer amusement.

Grace was lenient on everyone but she definitely had her favourite and no, Jack isn't complaining.

Jeongguk blinked a couple of times as Grace looked at him with raised eyebrows. A smile made up to Jeongguk's lips as he dashed out of the cafe.

He was going to stop being petty.

When the door of the apartment opened loudly, the silver-head freaked out and was startled. No he wasn't scared but what if it's a thief? But he immediately calmed down when he heard the loud 'I am home.'

Taehyung wanted to run out of his room and jump on the younger one and hug him but he didn't as he simply pouted. Jeongguk was avoiding him and so was he now.

"Taehyung~~" Jeongguk's sing-song voice was heard from the drawing room, knowing a bit too well that he was advancing his room.

"I am home~~" He said again with the same singing voice.

Taehyung looked at the closed door of his bedroom with expectant eyes but then he suddenly remembered how the ravenette had been shoving him aside with a cold shoulder, how was he avoiding him. So he just crossed his arms on his chest and looked away from the door, huffing.

"Alright then, I guess I have to drink the strawberry smoothie alone~" Jeongguk's teasing voice made up to Taehyung's ears again.

Taehyung immediately dashed out of his bedroom and glared at the ravenette who was grinning at him.

"I will smack that grin out of your face, you absolute annoying brat! You think I am stupid? I know very well you hate strawberry smoothies so you wouldn't ever drink that." Taehyung yelled as he glared at the ravenette with clenched fists, tightly wrapped around his sweater paws.

"Well it at least brought you outside of that room." Jeongguk replied as he grinned some more.

"Listen you dumb replica of a bunny, I told you last time you're not a jerk but from yesterday, you have been behaving like one and that wants me to throw hands at you." Taehyung yelled at the top of his voice, almost ready to throw hands.

Jeongguk shivered due to the anger the silver-head was radiating but it was so hot as well.

"Why don't you throw yourself on me or better, I can pick you up and throw you on the bed." Jeongguk's mind kept giving him ideas at a very wrong time.

"If you think, you can get away with avoiding me, ignoring me then you are abso-fucking-lutely wrong." Taehyung yelled again not caring at how the ravenette was staring at him at the moment.

"Who wants to get away from you. Right now I want to pin you to the wall and kiss you senseless. But wait, I can't touch him. So much for picking him up or kissing him senseless." Jeongguk's mind danced happily and then destroyed its own mood within a second.

"Taeee~~~ calm down." Jeongguk replied as he shoved all the sensual thoughts at the back of his head. For now he needs to tame an angry ghost.

"Calm down? CALM DOWN? How fucking dare you? You think I am a joke? You avoid me like I am some pest and then think you can gain my forgiveness with fake strawberry smoothie." Taehyung screamed, rage evident in his voice yet hurt flashing in his eyes.

"Alright, I know it's my fault, I am so sorry but I genuinely was busy. Also, who told you the strawberry smoothie was fake, baby bear?" Jeongguk asked as he narrowed his eyes at the elder.

Taehyung's words were stuck in his throat because Jeongguk did not just call him baby bear. And not only that, he loved the way it sounded and rolled out of the younger's tongue. He felt layers of pink dust all over his cheeks and neck. His fists automatically unclenching.

"I seriously brought you a strawberry smoothie, I wouldn't ever lie to you my baby bear." Jeongguk said with a wide smile.

Shivers ran down the silver-head's spine. His eyes turned small, his heart felt like it would jump out of its place. He could feel heat rising to his cheeks and the tip of his ears. Is the weather getting warmer?

My baby bear. Taehyung's anger flew out of the window, maybe out of both their worlds because all that clouded the silver-head's mind with haze was baby bear but more than my before it.

"G-Give me my smoothie." The silver-head uttered softly avoiding any type of eye-contact with the younger.

Jeongguk smiled warmly and forwarded the drink which he made sure to bring by bribing Jack again before he left the cafe in a hurry.
You didn't hear it from him but he ran back to the cafe just for the drink.

"Next time you decide to avoid me, you better give me a heads up or else I am disappearing without your knowledge to scare you." Taehyung replied with a pout on his lips, as he stared at the smoothie in his hand.

"I wasn't, Tae. I was just a bit busy with--uh things." Jeongguk replied as he fidgeted with his fingers.

What was he thinking when he thought avoiding the elder would be good?

"I knew you were a meanie but you're becoming heartless day by day." Taehyung uttered glaring at the ravenette with a pout.

Jeongguk just chuckled and shook his head.

His heart was not in its place anyway so he definitely in one way or another was--is heartless.

"Tae, I am really tired as I woke up really early, so can I take a small nap? We could do something together after I wake up? I won't be going to the library today." Jeongguk asked as he saw the silver-head happily sipping the smoothie.

"Yes Ggukie, go ahead. You look tired as well." Taehyung replied as he passed a worried glance towards the younger.

Jeongguk smiled and nodded his head as he left the drawing room. Everything seemed normal, everything seemed like it was back to okay.

But only it wasn't and Taehyung knew it. He knows it because he saw how Jeongguk didn't comment on how angry Taehyung was. He didn't tease him when Taehyung evidently blushed in front of him, how Jeongguk's eyes didn't wrinkle small, and his nose didn't scrunch up when he smiled because it didn't even reach his eyes. That's how Taehyung knew that nothing was normal, nothing was okay but the ravenette tried his best to make it look normal, make it look domestic.

Taehyung placed the smoothie on the table and sighed staring at the closed bedroom door of the raven-haired male.

Ggukie, why are you in front of me, talking to me, calling me your baby bear yet I am hopelessly missing you?

Somewhat soft right?🤧🤧 They will get better!🥺🥺

I PURPLE YOU!💜💜💜💜

Love,
Miri!😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 138K 67
Worldwide superstar V had it all. He was young, rich, and famous - he got everything and anyone he wanted. But living the life of a high-profile play...
73.7K 4K 23
Jeon Jungkook, an arrogant prosecutor who thinks of himself as the most intelligent person on earth and his junior Kim taehyung the most humble and t...
179K 11.8K 43
"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you. But I just want to be your friend." "Do you think I don't see the heart eyes you make everytime you look at me? You...
41.3K 962 29
A story full of ups and downs... "Welcome to Hell KOOKIE " 😈 "Why...hyung...why"🥺 An egoistic person who can show you living hell if you hurted his...