๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐Š๐˜ ๐๐”๐’๐ˆ๐๐„๐’๐’...

By queensassy20

โ› ๐—•๐—˜๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—” ๐—–๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—”๐—š๐—ข ๐——๐—˜๐—ง๐—˜๐—–๐—ง๐—œ๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ž๐—ฌ ๐—•๐—จ๐—ฆ๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ฆ ๐—œ ๐—ก๐—˜๐—˜๐——... More

๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง.
๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ - ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ธ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐˜๐˜„๐—ผ - ๐—ฎ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ.
๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ - ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜†๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ๐ญ๐ฒ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ÿ

๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž.

3.9K 108 2
By queensassy20

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter twelve. 8:30 pm.

Hank, Antonio, Maxine and Jay walk onto the scene of the bombing that took place at Chicago Med and they look around at the horrible mess.

"Terrorism?" They hear someone from DHS ask one of the FBI guys.

"Possibly" the FBI guy says, "the ambassador to Syria was checked into Chicago Med for a liver transplant. Alim Al Safir. That's his security detail over there. One of them flashed his weapon as a fireman"

Hank and Antonio look at each other and they walk over to them. Jay and Maxine stand behind the security guys while Antonio and Hank stand in front of them.

"Hey, friends" Voight greets, sarcastically, "I'm aware of your sidearms. I have one of my own"

"We're diplomatic protection within our legal right to bear arms in this country" one of them says.

"Not today. I'm gonna take your weapons from you. This isn't a question. You do anything that makes me the least bit uncomfortable, I will end you, do you understand?"

"We are diplomatic protection from the Syrian Arab Republic!" He says, then looks around at the four police officers, "we will cooperate any way we can"

Antonio, Maxine and Jay take away their guns when the FBI walks over to them and he says, "we're gonna want first crack at questioning" then walks away.

"I'll wait my turn. Just know it's coming" Voight tells them.

~~~

"First bomb detonated at 8 am on the dot." Chief Boden, from firehouse 51, explains to the intelligence team, "second bomb located in a rental car. Cars still there"

"Who dismantled the bomb?" Jay asks.

"We did"

"Check it out. If they got anything I wanna be notified first." Hank tells Jin, who nods his head and walks away.

"How many confirmed dead?" Erin asks.

"Eighteen dead. Fifteen in critical condition. Three employees unaccounted for. The sign ups for the charity race had just started before the bomb detonated. We may have more civilians buried beneath the rubble, but there's no real way of knowing right now"

Adam comes running over to the group and says, "FBI special agent in charge wants all the bosses in the command center."

"Alright. Everybody inside" Voight says, as everyone does as told.

~~~

"I was gonna do the transplant" Dr Alec Whillhite says as he and Maxine walk down the halls of the hospital.

"On the Syrian ambassador?" Maxine asks, writing in her notepad and Alec nods his head, "Alright, did you see anything that looked out of place? Do you remember?"

"Uh, well, he had his guys."

"Guys?"

"He's an ambassador. He had guys." Alec says making the two stop, "and the next thing I knew the ground shook, like it was an earthquake. Uh, I thought for a second I was back in San Francisco."

As Alec gets paged, Maxine puts her hand on the doctors shoulder before he walks away.

~~~

"Both males enter a white four door sedan and head out the southeast exit of the lot" Al tells the team who are back in a conference room, "um, do we have security video?"

"Uh, the security office was in the impact zone. Database is gone. As in gone, gone" Mickey says.

"Second car with the bomb was rented out of some dirt lot company in Milwaukee." Jay explains, just getting off the phone, "the name on the credit card on the rental agreement came back bogus. And there's no security video at the company. Or so they're saying. So Milwaukee PD's heading over there to investigate"

"Sumner you dealt with all these anti government nutcases when you were working undercover at the NATO protests, am I right?" Hank asks.

"That's right"

"Alright, beat the bushes."

Maxine and Erin walk into the room past Sumner who leaves and Bishop says, "guys, we just heard Burgess was here when it happened and her niece is in the ICU"

Everyone looks at each other in shock and Hank asks, "how bad?"

"Not good" Erin says.

The team heads down to the waiting room where Kim and Kevin are and Erin puts a hand on the brunettes shoulder and says, "hey"

"Hey" the officer says, standing up from her seat.

"Hey" Voight says. Ruzek engulfs the girl into a hug then says, "we just heard. What are they saying?"

"A ruptured liver. She's...there...there's a list or something. A donor list. They're trying to match."

"They don't know who did it? Anybody taking credit?" Atwater questions.

"Okay" Jin says, walking into the waiting room, "the lab got a print off the duct tape of bomb number two. Came back to a Paul Watts. VLD has him registered at 5225 South Laramie. I secured a no knock search warrant."

"Alright, give us five minutes before you notify the feds about that print" Hank tells Jin who nods his head then he looks over at Atwater, "they need you out on the perimeter."

And with a hesitant look from Kevin, and reassurance from Kim, he walks away.

"One more thing. The second bomb was set to go off at 830 pm. Bombers screwed up somewhere" Jin states.

"We're gonna ask for forgiveness instead of permission today. You understand? We're not slowing down for anything. I mean anything. No ones gonna give a damn once these bastards are caught. Alright, let's go"

🪩🪩🪩

As everyone gets to the address where Watts lives, they rush out of their cars, vested up with their long guns and Erin shows everyone a picture of the guy and says, "this is who we're looking for. Apartment 1A"

"Okay. Careful of wires and traps. Anything's possible" Hank says, as someone leaves the building with their hoodie up over their head.

"Hey, what's this?" Antonio questions.

"Hey! Hey!" Voight shouts, as they follow after the guy who heads to his car.

"Hands on the wheel" Mickey shouts, as he opens the drivers side door along with Jay who opens the passenger side.

"Keep your eyes on me" Jay orders. Mickey takes the hood off and says, "it's not him"

"Clear!" Voight says.

"What the hell is going on?" The guy questions, taking heavy breaths. Mickey pats him on the chest and says, "our bad. Have a good day" then walks away along with the team.

As they enter the apartment building, Al test strips the door for any harmful chemicals then says, "Well, it's clean. I can't make any guarantees, though."

Voight looks at everyone who nods their heads and Jay kicks in the door, "Chicago PD!"

As everyone clears out the apartment, Maxine calls out, "Body!"

Everyone walks into the room to see Watts sitting in the chair, dead and blood splatter everywhere.

"Call it in" Hank says. Adam nods his head and says, "on it"

"This wasn't a suicide" Maxine states, "guns on the right. Cell phone clip and wallet are on the left side of the belt. He has no burn from the muzzle flash, no gunshot residue on his face. Somebody had to shoot him from five feet away? They set this up"

"Alright, call Jin and Sumner. I want to know everything about this guy. First movie he ever rented right down to the last breath mint he bought. Everything"

🪩🪩🪩

Now back at a conference room at the hospital, Hank walks into the room from not getting anywhere with the FBI special agent in charge and asks, "what do we got?"

"Jin did a cross match on Watts for known associates" Antonio says.

"Alright"

"Turns out Watts was trolling the websites of some pretty heavy duty anti government groups. We pulled the names of some people that he had repeated contact with." Sumner says.

"Haven't been able to actually access the content of the emails" Jin says, holding up a tablet, "I was just able to get addresses." then he starts showing the team some photos.

"Hold on hold on. Wait a second. Go back." Al says, telling Jin to go back to the last picture, "yeah. That's him. That's the guy"

"What guy?" Voight asks.

"The guy who told me two dark skinned guys in sunglasses were leaving the scene. That's the guy. He's here"

As the team goes down into the pit, where they do quick and small fix ups where they see the suspect at the nurses desk.

"Pat Vaughn?" Maxine says, as she and Al walk over to him.

"Yeah"

"Would you mind coming with us for a minute?"

Pat looks over at Al who gives him a sarcastic tight lip smile and says, "I just checked out"

"We just have a few follow up questions."

"Of course. Sure" he says, then in a matter of seconds, he takes out a knife and holds it up to Maxines neck, who struggles under his grip.

"Hey! Hey!" Al says, as everyone else takes out their guns.

"I'm walking out of here." Pat says, slowly walking backwards as the team moves forwards, "Back up!"

"Don't go any further, Vaughn." Hank says.

"I got nothing to lose"

"Okay. What are you hoping to gain? What, do you think we're gonna let you drive out of here?"

"I got no problem slitting her throat. Especially a cops"

"Easy"

Vaughn turns his head to see Joe Cruz from firehouse 51 walking towards him and he jerks back and shouts, "back up!"

"Hey man. What's going on here? We're just trying to save some people" Cruz says.

"Shut up!"

"Listen. Let's just talk this out, alright? You wanna walk out of here you can walk out" Voight says.

"Don't say another word!"

Cruz looks at Peter Mills who nods his head and shouts, "hey!"

Mills then knocks him over the head and Maxine elbows him in the throat and he falls to the ground. Hank catches the detective and says, "you alright?" and Maxine nods her head.

"You alright?" Mills asks.

"Yes, thank you" Maxine says, who is then engulfed in a hug from her best friend, "I'm okay, Adam. I'm okay"

Hank looks at Al and whispers, "find me a room"

"This guy involved?" Cruz asks, as Jay handcuffs him. Maxine nods her head and says, "Yeah. Looks like it"

"Just bring him into any firehouse in the city. We'll take five minutes, alright." Mills says, as Hank and the others walk away with him.

"We'll find some answers from him. I promise" Maxine says, "thank you"

Jay catches up with his partner and says, "hey, look at me" making Maxine turn around, "you good?"

Maxine hums and says, "yeah" then walks away.

~~~

After "talking" with Vaughn, Voight wipes off his bloody knuckles with a towel and says, "Vaughn said him and Watts were both hooked up with a guy named Ted Powell."

"Ted Powell. I know that name" Sumner states, "he was big in the anti government fringe. So was his dad"

"Why did Watts get killed?" Ruzek asks.

"Vaughn and Watts were both in charge of setting off two separate car bombs. Both bombs were supposed to go off tonight. Watts at 8, Vaughn at 830. Watts must've rigged his wrong cause it went off this morning."

"8 pm was gonna be the gala for CPD and the CFD brass, right?" Mickey says, "first bomb was set to get them, second bomb was set to get the first responders."

"What else you get out of him?" Antonio asks.

"Vaughn said that Powell had some master plan that he didn't share with him. So this wasn't the end of it." Voight says. Jin shows Hank a picture of Powell and says, "here's Powell"

Voight sighs and says, "I saw him outside the hospital with the crowd. He was here too. Alright, let's check out his dad."

🪩🪩🪩

"Powell. Correct" Maxine says to the guard at Stateville as they look over the computer, while Antonio goes to talk with Frank Powell.

"Okay. How far back?"

"As far back as they go. Five years."

"Okay" he says, clicking his mouse on the name, and a picture pops up, "I'm gonna just need my supervisor to approve. Um, he should be back..."

"Have you been watching the news today, man? Do I need to run down the list of the dead?" Maxine says and the man sighs, "thank you"

🪩🪩🪩

"Yeah, I got it. I'll call you back" Jay says, hanging up his phone, "A Ryan Wilcox visited Powell's dad in prison three times in the last six months. Max did a work up on him, he's loosely affiliated with various anti government groups. Explosives background from a stint in the army. Jin, she was gonna send you something"

"Yeah, I got it" Jin says, typing on his computer, "Wilcox owns a garage in an industrial area where 96th meets the Calumet River."

"Alright, have Antonio and Bishop meet us at the garage" Hank says, then looks at Jin, "you stay here, feed us what we need. And keep Graff in the loop"

🪩🪩🪩

As the intelligence team stands in front of the door at the garage owned by Ryan Wilcox, Al tests the door for any harmful chemicals and Erin says, "is there people talking in there?"  

"A radios on" Antonio says.

"It's positive for Barium nitrate" Olinsky says.

"Let's try the roof" Mickey suggests.

"Alright. Grab the fiber optic" Hank says.

As Mickey drills a hole into the plaster of the roof to get a camera into the building to check it out, Ruzek asks, "Now, what happens if the plaster falls and sets off the bomb?"

"You'll be the first to know"

Adam rolls his eyes, "thanks"

"Do your thing" Mickey says, as Adam slides the small camera through to check out the garage. Mickey takes out his walkie and says, "front, side and rear door are all rigged. So is the roll up. Wires and 50 gallon drums attached to each. Short version, do not breach"

"We could rappel down"

Back on the ground, Adam drops a bag and Voight says, "Alright, we don't need the whole team going in"

"I'll do it" Adam offers, "just took the class in the academy. Aced it" then he holds up his hand for a high five with Maxine, who just shakes her head at him, "sorry"

"Well, I need two. Any volunteers?" Hank asks and Jay and Sumner raise their hands and he points at Halstead, "you"

As Jay gets suited up, Maxine walks over to him and says, "be careful"

"Always" he smirks then walks away with Antonio.

As Jay and Adam get to the roof to rappel down, Max and Erin stay by the back door with Sumner and Voight and Maxine whispers, "So, how's it going with Severide?"

Erin smiles and says, "It's good. We're taking it slow"

"Good"

"How's it going with Mickey? He seems sad . . . more than usual"

"We're slowly becoming friends . . . I hope"

"Ryan Wilcox is here" Adam says, through the walkie, "multiple gunshot wounds."

"How long has he been dead?" Erin questions.

"I'd say a day"

"Max" Jay says.

"It's Powell tying up more loose ends" Antonio says, through his walkie, where he stands on the roof with Al.

"They left a lot of stuff behind."

"They never thought it'd be found. They figured this whole block would be a crater." Voight says. Adam looks through some papers on a desk and says, "Wilcox purchased a white cargo van about two months ago."

"There were three timing devices purchased" Jay says, "I'm not a pessimist, but there's a damn good shot that there's a third car bomb out there in a white cargo van"

"If the second bomb was supposed to go off at 830 pm, maybe the third bomb was set to go off at that time, as well." Mia says.

"What time is it now?" Hank asks. Max looks at her watch and says, "7:55"

~~~

"29 minutes and counting. I'm listening, but I don't hear dick." Hank says to his team, once Jay and Adam got out of the building and multiple patrol cars show up.

"The hospital parking lot?" Adam suggests.

"Fully vetted" Al says.

"Blowing up the district would be too risky. A bomb would be sniffed out in seconds" Mickey says.

"Firehouse?" Sumner suggests.

"Not enough victims" Jay says, stuffing his hands into his best.

"Powell wanted high ranking police and firefighters dead. Most of them planned on attending the 10k gala." Maxine says.

"Yeah. And where would the rest be tonight?" Hank says.

"Headquarters" Antonio says.

"Bullseye"

🪩🪩🪩

After arresting Powell and dismantling the bomb. The intelligence unit heads back to the hospital to sit with Burgess to hear any news about her niece.

Maxine sits in between Mickey and her best friend who wraps an arm around her, and leans her head on his shoulder.

A couple minutes later, the doctor walks into the waiting room and everyone stands up and he says, "the operation went as well as could be expected. There's a good blood flow to the liver and the other bleeding has stopped. She's got a long road ahead of her, but, uh, it's looking good"

Kim starts crying. Maxine takes a deep breath of relief.

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine goes to grab a beer from her fridge when there was a knock at her door, then she hears it open, "Maxie? The good looking best friend is here"

Maxine rolls her eyes when she sees Adam walk into the kitchen and says, "well, if you're good looking, I must be gorgeous"

Adam smirks and says, "true" then he sets down a pizza and a six pack, "I brought pizza and more beer. After a day like today. Thought we could use it"

"Yeah. Today was hard" Maxine says, tears starting to blur her vision. Adam frowns, cupping her face, wiping away the tears, "it's gonna be okay. You did amazing today. Knife to your throat an all" he tried to joke, making Maxine let out a throaty laugh.

"Please stay with me tonight. Like when we were kids"

"Yeah. Of course. Anything for you"

authors note;

writing fluff is my favorite thing to do I swear 🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 39 8
One shots about our favorite copsโ˜บ๏ธ Requests are always accepted, I'll write almost anything but if I don't think I can write something I'll let you...
45.6K 1.9K 65
โ› ๐—œ'๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—•๐—˜๐—˜๐—ก ๐——๐—˜๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—ช๐—œ๐—ง๐—› ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ž๐—ฌ ๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐— ๐—ฌ ๐—ช๐—›๐—ข๐—Ÿ๐—˜ ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—™๐—˜. ๐—•๐—จ๐—ง ๐—ช๐—œ๐—ง๐—› ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ-๐—œ ๐—–๐—ข๐—จ๐—Ÿ๐—— ๐—ก๐—˜๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ž ๏ฟฝ...
157K 2.4K 34
OC x Antonio Dawson โœจCompleteโœจ