Beauty, Roses and Attitude (T...

By Daydreamwithme

Annabelle Marie De La Viviane. She’s beautiful and too wealthy for her own good. Anyone who lays their eyes o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 8

172 13 2
By Daydreamwithme

Chapter 8

After we’ve finished our meal, he leads me down several streets to a destination that he kept quiet about. We made small talk and as we walked and the stares didn’t lessen, in fact, it’s as if everyone stopped what they were doing and then just looked at us. I try not to be fazed by it but it’s kind of hard not to be when literally, it looks like almost everyone in town is outside today.

“That’s where I fell and broke my ankle.” He points towards a spot in front of a book store. I shake my head, uncrossing my arms. “Where you in a hurry?” I ask. “No, I wasn’t looking where I was going.” I burst out laughing at his misfortune and clumsy persona.

“Who does that?” I splutter unattractively. “I do.” He mumbles and a light tint of pink covers his cheeks.

“Anyway-“He coughs, driving the conversation away from his past misfortunes “-here we are.”

I look away from him and my gaze falls to a small quaint house. It’s definitely small enough to fit inside the mansion I live in and I couldn’t possibly imagine someone having to live in such a small place.

However, the odd decorations, the random but in place splatters of paint that decorated the side of the house, the mailbox that messily says “Huttmane family”, the different flowers that coloured the garden and the smile on Adam’s lips tells me that it’s enough to be his home.

“It’s wonderful.” I say.

“Thanks.” He shrugs, opening the wooden and worn out fence in front of us.

There’s such a huge contrast with his house and mine. An example would be our fences. While his stands a small five feet, mine stands proud over 10 feet tall, not letting anyone in and out…unless you’re Adam.

“Make yourself at home.” He mumbles slipping his key in the doorknob, jingling it for a bit before opening it. It creaks for a second but I don’t take notice of it when I see what’s inside.

The walls are painted and hang with memories of Adam and Fiona and another man who looks like Adam. His father probably. There’s a desk near the front door and it’s also filled with memories such as medallions, school certificates and even a goofy picture of a small Adam. I unknowingly smile, walking down the short hallway while looking around. Fiona did such a great job with explaining and describing everything to me because just as I expected, the kitchen is to my right and the small living room with only a couch, a small coffee table and a television in it are to my left. Everywhere I look, there’s a story. It’s another thing contrasting between our two houses.

 While his holds stories, mine is completely bear of tales. Every little mess of mine is cleaned or immediately fixed the next day, leaving the house completely spotless and no memories traced. I’ve got no photos or medallions to display even in my room. I’ve got a fully furnished house but it seems as if it’s completely bare now that I’m here at Adam’s.

“Belle.” He pokes me and I jolt away from my trance. He’s standing in front of me with a questioning look. “Um, I was just wondering which movie you want to watch.” He holds up a box filled with smaller containers. “A movie?”

“Yes, Belle. We’re watching a movie.” He sits me down on the sofa before plopping himself beside me, handing me the box filled with smaller containers. I lift one up and inspect the slim, rectangle object. “What’s this?” I ask.

“Holy shit, you weren’t kidding when you said you’ve never watched a movie.” He mumbles to himself. “Open it.” He says.

I look at the box again, flipping it and looking at it at the bottom and at the top. I decide to pry it open from the top and when it wouldn’t budge, I look at Adam helplessly. However, he’s too busy laughing to the point that there are tears coming down his cheeks.

“What’s so funny?” I huff, shoving him and he laughs even harder.

“It’s just that-“He gasps for air “-you don’t know how to open a DVD container!” He resumes on laughing as I hit him repeatedly on his arm.

When he’s finally calmed down a little, I glare at him, crossing my arms together. “Aw, Belle. Here I’ll show you.” He picks up one of the small containers and smoothly opens it by putting both his thumbs at the side and pulling. Inside, there’s a CD.

“Oh.” I mutter, doing the same with the DVD in my hand.

He smirks at me and I roll my eyes, closing the container with a click. I sift through the DVD’s; trying to look for one that interests me.

“What? Robots?” I mutter, bringing up a case saying ‘Transformers’. I place it to my side and I notice how Adam is not saying anything, just staring at me. “What?”

“Nothing. Just keep on looking for a movie you want to watch.” He shrugs, leaning back on the couch.

It’s been a few minutes of me shuffling through the selections and Adam has gone to the kitchen to make some snacks for the both of us.

I hold up another case that doesn’t have a very colourful background. I feel on it and it looks like it’s just stuck on paper. I flip it over to see the writing ‘Adam’s fifth birthday.’

“Hey, Adam?” I call out. I can see him from here and he looks back to where I am. “Yeah?”

“What do I do next?”

“You’ve chosen one already?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay you see the remote there?” I nod, reaching for it on the coffee table. “Press the green button.” I did as he told and I’m greeted with a blue screen from the television. “There’s a DVD player beside the TV. Press the on button.” He instructs and the microwave beeps. “Okay, then put the CD in the slot.” He says, walking to the couch with a bowl of popcorn in hand. I shield the DVD case away from him, quickly putting in the CD.

“What did you cho-“

“Mommy! Mommyyy! Look I’m a cupcake!”

 He stares at the DVD in my hand, terrified. He quickly stands up but I rush to get him to sit back down. “Belle.” He warns me.

“You have a cupcake dear, you’re not a cupcake yourself.” A much younger version of Fiona laughed.

“Please shut up and watch.” I plead.

“But! But-I’m a cupcake cos I ate one!”

“Jesus Christ you were so precious.” I coo and he groans, shielding his eyes with his arm.

“That’s not how it works, Adam.” The man behind the camera said. I look at the screen confusingly as it cuts to the camera being placed on top of something. There’s a face looking directly at the camera.

“Ready?” He said, going over to where Adam and Fiona are.

“No wait! My cupcake!” Small Adam pouted, struggling to break free from his mother’s hold.

“Say cheese!” The man said. “Cheese!” Both Fiona and the man said. “Cupcake!” Grinned little Adam.   

Adam chuckles from beside me and I tear my eyes away from the screen and to him. “I was such a dork.” He mutters, scratching his neck. “You still are.” I point out, grabbing one popcorn and popping it in my mouth.

The next few minutes, I couldn’t possibly prepare for.

“He died a couple of years ago.”

“Sorry what?”

“My dad.” He nods towards the TV where it displays a hyper Adam after finishing his cupcake. Fiona is running after him and I could hear the faint laughter of his dad in the background.

“How did he die?” I whisper, looking back at Adam. He doesn’t look sad or anything, he’s simply giving me a small smile.

“Tuberculosis.”

“You mean-“

“Yeah, just like what my mom has.”

I regret being stubborn and playing the video. I feel like the worst possible human being ever and it probably shows on my face because Adam immediately comforts me. Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around?

“Hey no its okay. Sorry for bringing that up and I’m honestly fine.” He reassures me. I shake my head, feeling tears pricking my eyes. How many times have I cried today?   

“No it’s not okay. I’m terribly sorry for putting that CD in.” The first few tears fall and I’m immediately wrapped up in a warm embrace. “Hey, don’t cry.” He coos this time, rubbing my back comfortingly. My arms are locked in place by his body so I couldn’t really wrap my arms around him. I could only nuzzle my nose at the crook of his neck, trying to stop the tears.

“I’m so sorry.”

“Hey it’s okay, it wasn’t your fault.”

“No, for what I’ve done.” I push him away, wiping my tears away.

“What do you mean?”

“For being such a b*tch to you when we first met.” I say. “No, I understand its ok-“

“No it isn’t.” I insist, standing up. “I want to start again. This time I want to introduce myself properly.”

“This isn’t really necessary Belle-“

“Hi, my name’s Annabelle Marie De La Viviane but you can call me Belle.” I put my hand forward for him to shake. He just looks at it before speaking again. “You do know how incredibly cliché this is right?”

“I know.”

He grins, shaking his head.

“Adam Huttmane. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Belle.”

 Author's Note

he he he

Hi. 

Like I told y'all before, there will probably be another chapter or two for their adventure outside the mansion. 

But can we all please take a moment to realise how cute small Adam is. 

Thanks

Stay pretty my daydreamers! Unless you're a dude! Then stay handsome!

Vote

Comment

Love you xxx

:)  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...