Another Forever

By mahumwrites

"Say it." He whispered, stepping closer to me. "I love you too." I finally admitted, my cheeks flushing dark... More

n o t e
c h a r a c t e r s
p r o l o g u e
1 | h i m
2 | c o l l i s i o n
3 | s c a n d a l o u s
4 | c h e e r f u l
5 | l a h o r e
6 | m e h n d i
7 | m i n e
8 | g o n e
9 | r e m i n d e r
1 0 | g r i e f
1 1 | p r o p o s a l
1 2 | r u d e
1 3 | a w k w a r d
1 4 | n i k a a h
t r a i l e r
1 5 | d i s a p p o i n t m e n t
1 6 | u n d e r s t a n d i n g
1 7 | r e c e p t i o n
1 8 | a l o n e
1 9 | c u d d l e s
2 0 | s i l e n c e
2 1 | a d v a n c e s
2 2 | m e m o r i e s
2 3 | c o n f u s i o n
2 4 | s a r e e
2 6 | l i e s
2 7 | t r i p
2 8 | s u n s e t
2 9 | a f r a i d
3 0 | f a m i l y
3 1 | c l o s u r e
3 2 | a f t e r m a t h
3 3 | c a t a s t r o p h e
3 4 | c r u e l
3 5 | h a n g o u t
3 6 | a p o l o g y
3 7 | s u r p r i s e
3 8 | f e e l i n g s
3 9 | i n - l a w s
4 0 | f a r
4 1 | d i l e m m a
4 2 | c u d d l e s
4 3 | g a l a
4 4 | t r u s t
4 5 | a n g r y
4 6 | a c c i d e n t
4 7 | b l u s h
4 8 | d a r k
e p i l o g u e

2 5 | q u e s t i o n s

7.3K 552 262
By mahumwrites

• n o o r •

I started my day with stealing a book from Faaris' library. After spending half day with the book, I called his driver to take me for some grocery shopping. On my way back, I took a walk in a nearby park and breathed in the fresh air of Seattle.

After coming back from outside, I cooked Chicken curry for dinner. This time, my roti didn't get burnt and its shape was almost round. Proud at my accomplishment, I patted myself mentally and then went to take a bath.

I was in a good mood today so I felt like dressing up in nice clothes. I chose the floral maxi I had accidentally ordered online without thinking if I'll get a chance to wear it outside. Curling the ends of my hair, I applied a little makeup and made my way downstairs.

As if on cue, the door to the apartment opened and Faaris walked in. Without realising my presence, he made his way to the couch and collapsed on it. His hair was a mess, as if he had run his fingers through them multiple times, and the top buttons of his shirt was undone. Exhaustion was clearly written on his face.

Shaking my head, I poured water in a glass and made my way to him. "Assalam o Alaikum." I said and placed the glass in front of him.

"Wa Alaikum Assalam." He said and that's when he finally noticed me and his eyes took notice of my preparation. His mouth opened momentarily but it took him few seconds to finally phrase his thoughts. "Are we going somewhere?" He asked.

Rolling my eyes, I walked away from him. "No. I just felt like dressing up." I said and turned on the stove.

After a minute or so, I felt him appear behind me. His masculine spicy scent enveloped me as he leaned over my head and looked into the pot. "It smells good." He whispered and his deep voice hit straight in my ears.

I angled my neck to stare at him and found him towering over me from behind. "Go freshen up. I'll set the table." I said and walked past him to the refrigerator to take out the raita.

He disappeared for about ten minute and during that time, I set the table and took a seat on one of the two chairs. When he returned, he had changed out of his work clothes into trousers and a black T-shirt that was stretched over his torso. I hate to admit but black colour looked great on him.

He took the seat opposite to me and served some curry in his plate. I did the same and got busy in enjoying the food.

"How was your day?" He asked.

"Good. Yours?" I asked.

"Good." He said. I nodded and focused my attention back to my plate.

°°°°°°°°°°°

• f a a r i s •

'Say something idiot.' My inner voice said to me.

'But what?' I asked.

'Anything.' That voice replied.

"I had a meeting today." I said.

'That's the best you can come up with?' The voice clapped.

"Oh, okay. About what?" She asked.

"Finances." I said. "Just boring stuff."

"Oh." She said.

'Loser.' The voice said.

"I went to park today. There I met an old lady who lives next block. She was really nice and she said I could visit her anytime." She told me.

That's a start. Take that, inner voice.

"Nice. Mom and Dad are coming back next week." I told her.

"Yeah, I called her yesterday." She replied.

'More. You want to talk more. Don't go silent now.' The voice in my head advised.

"The roti isn't burnt this time." I said.

Not that, dumbhead.

"Thanks?" She said in confusion.

"Not that it tasted bad before. You have great taste in your hands." I added before she could misinterpret my words.

"Thanks." Her cheeks went pinkish and she lowered her head. "Do you want coffee?"

"Sure. But I'll make it. You go and wait for me in the bedroom." I said.

"But---"

"And get your questions ready." I added. At this, her lips widened into a smile.

It took me about fifteen minutes to get the coffee ready and clean up the kitchen. Once I entered the bedroom, I found Noor standing in front of the window.

First, that saree and now this dress, one might think she was doing it to torture me. It was taking everything in me not to show her how much I was attracted to her. And it wasn't my fault to begin with. She was stunning, with a beautiful face, long dark hair and a ravishing body. Any man's blood will start pumping if his wife looks like that but he doesn't have the authority to touch her.

I took deep breaths to keep my mind clear from all the perverted thoughts. The more I look at her, the more it makes me want to touch her and hold her and make her mine. But that can't happen, not in the near future at least. So hold your horses, Faaris Humayun Shah.

"Are you coming?" She asked, breaking the chain of my thoughts. She had shifted to the bed and was sitting cross-legged.

"Yeah." I said and made my way to my side of the bed. I placed the tray in the middle and hopped on my side.

"Favourite movie?" She started.

"Men in black. Yours?" I asked.

"A walk to remember." She replied.

"Such a cliché." I said.

"Whatever. I like it." She shrugged and then tasted the coffee. "It's delicious. I expected worse"

"Thanks." I rolled my eyes and then asked, "Best friend?"

"Sarah. She was my university friend." She replied. "Yours?"

"I have just two friends. Ali and Hayat." I replied. At Hayat's mention, there was an obvious shift in her mood. Her eyebrows furrowed and her nose scrunched up. "I am going to meet her this Friday."

"Are you planning to tell her about me?" She asked.

"Yes. That's why I am taking her for lunch. She deserves a proper explanation." I said.

"Hmm." She nodded and then changed the topic. "Why didn't you visit Pakistan much?"

I ran my fingers through my hair as I searched for a proper answer. How could I tell her I hated visiting Pakistan because of her? Because in each visit, she and Usama got closer to each other and I hated being left out.

"The weather there is too hot." I lied.

"We have winters as well." She crossed her arms in front of her chest in annoyance.

"Don't take it personally." I said.

"I will. I'm a patriot." She said.

"That you are." I said and leaned against the bed, facing her.

"I don't understand why you hate Pakistan." She pouted.

"I don't hate Pakistan, Noor. It's my country. I was born there and I spent my childhood there. How could I hate it?" I argued.

"Then?"

"It's complicated." I said.

"Complicated my foot." She said under her breath and I smiled at how angry she gets at this topic. The sweet, shy Noor, ready to fight against anyone who would say anything against her dear country.

"Next?" I said.

"Your turn." She said.

"No, it's yours." I replied.

"Liar." She said and put the tray aside, copying my position and scooting a little closer. Her feminine scent was tickling my nostrils, making me hyperaware of her presence beside me.

"Fine. Your favourite childhood memory?" I asked.

She thought for a second, and then started speaking. "Remember that time you guys came from US for the first time. We went to Murree for the weekend and it started snowing?"

"Yeah, I remember." I said. "You and Usama spent the whole day making snowman behind our hotel and then he got really sick the next day."

The lights in her eyes dimmed at Usama's name but she recovered fast, for which I was proud of her. "Yeah. And you told my Mom that we were playing with snow. I got the scolding of my life. How could you?"

"What? Did I lie?" I grinned.

"Snitch." She said. "Next. My turn. What are you passionate about?"

"My business. Making my name in Seattle. I want everyone in Textiles to know who is Faaris Shah." I said.

"Wow. That's really ambitious." She stared at me in awe. 

"Yeah. My turn. If you could move back to Pakistan, would you?" I asked.

"With you?" She asked.

"No. Why would I go back? I'm settled here." I said.

"Why would I go alone? I'm married to you." She said in a duh tone.

"No, I mean, let's suppose if we get divorced and---"

"Don't ever say that again, Faaris." Her face contorted all of sudden.

"No I mean suppose---"

"I won't." She spat. "Marriage isn't a joke to me."

Something tugged inside my chest at the confirmation that she was willing to spend the rest of her life with me. Love or not, there was something in this relationship that I could always count on and that was her loyalty.

"In the West, divorce might be a common thing but back in my house, I wasn't taught to break a marriage just because of a minor inconvenience. I'm in this for life, yours and mine." She said and my heart doubled up in size. I wanted to hug her so bad but I knew I couldn't do it, not yet.

"So am I." I said and her frown relaxed at this. "It was just a hypothetical question. I won't ask it again."

"Thank you." She replied. "Go to sleep now."

"Are your done?" I asked, feeling a little disappointed. I wanted to talk to her more, although I had to wake up early morning and it was probably best if I go to sleep.

"No, we will continue this tomorrow night." She said.

"Okay." I said.

"Good night." She said and walked over to the closet.

"Good night." I turned off the lamp of my side. "And Noor?"

"Jee." She said. Haaye!

"Um... You look beautiful. Buy more dresses like this." I said.

Her back was towards me so I couldn't see her face but I knew she was turning into a blushing mess.

"Okay." Her meek voice came and she rushed into the bathroom.

Tonight, we took another step towards being a normal couple. It was fun getting to know her and I was already looking forward to tomorrow night, and every other night of my life that I'll spend beside her.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Aww 🥺🥺🥺 I'm loving their late night sessions. Are you?

Vocabulary:

Jee: Yes.
Haaye: There is no literal meaning of it. It's an exclamation like aww (but in a romantic way).
Murree: A holiday destination in Pakistan
Raita: A yoghurt based condiment.

Noor's dress (Don't expect any scandalous dress in this story, except maybe when... Uhm... 😏😏)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

420K 28.4K 33
NOOR SHEIKH "He always loved her and he still love her, I was never his priority" MUHAMMAD DAIYAN MALIK "You are nothing but a replacement of my firs...
1.2M 69.1K 54
โ€ขcompletedโ€ข When I was six, Baba had got me my first doll. I vividly remember her, my best friend. I had named her Sameera, she had huge eyes and wor...
224K 8.5K 47
Getting dressed I grabbed the hodni (scarf) as a mere source to cover my shame, he pulled me out of the room. With the pain all over my body especial...
581K 26.7K 22
"Y-ye a-aap k-kya..., (W-what a-are y-you..)" I abruptly shut up as I saw him giving me a hard look through the mirror. Lowering my eyes, I tried my...