Primrose

By annamurphy112808

After Prim's parents' sudden death, she was sent to foster care by a loving mother who owns a flower shop. He... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 6

11.6K 253 60
By annamurphy112808

"May, I'm heading out with Jed again today. I'll be back before dinner." I call out to her as she waters her plants.

"Again? Where to? You guys have been spending a lot of time with each other lately. Is there something going on that I should know of?" May questions me.

Trust me, there is a lot going on. I guess now's the time to drop some tiny hints to her. "We're just going to hang with some of Jed's friends. They're guys but trust me, they're like Jed." I reply.

She narrows her eyes at me. "Okay, don't come home too late. And call me if you need anything." She says as I give her a smile and a small wave. Jed texted me that he's already here parked in the parking lot. I make my way over to his car and slide in.

"Hello, Prim. You ready for you're workout today?" Jed asks as he drives out of the parking lot.

"I guess. And you promised me not a lot of running." I say glaring at him.

"Whatever you say, princess." He says. Jed speeds down the road until we reach the underground gym. He parks the car and we both head outside and into the training area.

"Prim, you came back. Couldn't get enough of this?" Nash says motioning to his body. I roll my eyes and laugh.

"You wish." I retort back, punching him on the arm playfully.

"I do." He says. "So, there's this fight coming up. It's a fundraiser and we donate the money to families who are in need of supplies. I know Heath would probably freak out if you ever wanted to join but, the offers up if you want to."

A fighting match? If I do join and come home with bruises all over my body, May would definitely find out a way to know what I have been up to. "I don't know. I mean I just started learning and I don't want to push it you know?" I question back.

"You don't have to do it. It's just a thought of what we could do to help other people. We're all planning on doing it so you are welcomed to watch the match." Kade adds.

"I'll for sure come. I wouldn't miss it for the world." I respond.

"Great. But Prim's here to workout, not sign up to fight someone else." Jed chimes in. "Okay, as I promised, less running. So 1 lap around the place." 

I groan in annoyance as we warm-up before we begin our running. 

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

"Punch harder. And remember what we told you about not using your shoulder." Jed yells as I put more force into punching the punching bag. Sweat beads start to form as I begin to grow tired.

"I need a break," I say as I grab my water bottle and almost down the whole thing. "Is Heath coming?" I ask. I've been here for about an hour and still no sign of him. I wonder what he's up to. I feel a little disappointed with Jed's answer.

"He says he's a bit busy tonight. His mom set him up with some chick. Good luck to him." 

Oh. I mean I can't blame him. His mom was the one to set him up with her. Wait why should I feel sad in the first place? It's not like Heath likes me. Maybe tolerates me but nothing more. Just focus on getting into good shape Prim, don't let your mind drift to him.

 "It's getting late. You wanna head out to dinner with us before you head back home?" Nash asks a hopeful gaze in his eyes.

With a sigh, I nod my head. I haven't eaten anything since this morning. I guess filling myself up with a large water bottle really fills up your appetite. I grab my belongings and follow the guys out the door to Nash's car. 

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

"I'm home!" I yell as I get inside the house. The lights to the kitchen are still on, meaning that May is still awake.

"Hi, did you have fun?" She asks me.

"Yep," I respond. I feel like telling her what I've been doing these past few days right now, it just feels right. But I don't have the nerve to even bring up the subject of boxing to her.

"You look tired. You should head up to bed." She says after a moment of me just staring off into space. I nod my head and with a yawn, I tiredly make my way upstairs. I take a quick shower and flop down onto the comfort of my bed.

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

It's been one week. One week of me secretly learning how to box and me dropping subtle hints to May about this. I have mentioned to May how I've been working out. Leaving behind the detail about me learning how to box. I've also mentioned to her about Jed's friends and how they're the ones I've been hanging out with. 

I slump down onto the floor after doing ten push-ups. Yes, that's how out of shape I am. "Get up." Heath orders, nudging my side with his foot.

I mumble a 'no' before burying my face in the crook of my elbow. "You only did ten. You got fifteen more to do." He says as he places my water bottle down in front of me.

Just then the door bursts open and a loud, high-pitched voice echoes throughout the room. "Heath! There you are, baby! Your mom told me you might be here." 

My head snaps up from the floor to find a tall, model-like-looking girl, with way too much makeup, probably a boob job, and lip filler standing in front of the door with her hands on her hips. Heath groans lowly, causing things to happen to my core. Stop it, Prim, he is taken.

"Sasha, what're you doing here?" He asks with a happy sarcasm lacing his voice. I can see right through his smile. He looks devasted by her. 

"I came to see you, silly." That Sasha girl says as she runs up to him and hugs his torso and places a kiss on his cheek. "What have you been up to?" She asks. I get up from the floor and her eyes stray to me. Her grey eyes harden and her lips grow into a thin line. "Hi? Who are you?" She greets me.

Great, here we go. "I'm Prim. Nice to meet you." I say hoping to get off her bad side.

"Uh-huh. And Prim, what are you doing in here? With my boyfriend?" She asks as she makes her way to the punching bag and pushes it slightly. She says my name as if it's poison. I roll my eyes at her response.

"I'm working out. You know, trying to get into shape without having to go see a plastic surgeon." I fire back at her. Does she really think that Heath and I have something going on? Because if so, then she is way off the chart.

"Excuse me? You have---"

"Sasha." Heath's voice says, cutting her off. "Don't. Why are you here?" He asks, a bored expression on his face.

"Well, you know it's my birthday coming up. I thought you would want to do something fun for me, you know?" She asks.

"I have something planned, don't worry. Let's get you home." He says as he ushers her out the door.

"By Prim." She waves at me and walks out of the room. Huh, so that's the famous Sasha.

I wave goodbye to her as Heath holds the door open for me. "See you." He says as he exits the door with Sasha. He just ditched me. I sigh as I flop down on the floor. The door opens again and I'm too lazy to even turn my head to face whoever came into the room. I feel a presence slide down next to me.

"You seem worn out." A voice says to me. I turn my head to see Nash lying down, facing the ceiling.

I sigh out. "Yep. Heath just left with his girlfriend." I say as I close my eyes.

"Bummer."

I prop myself on my elbows and turn to face him with a curious look on my face. "Why?" I ask confused.

"I see the way you look at him. It's obvious, even Kade knows it. It sucks that he has a girlfriend, he missed out a chance with you," Nash says finally turning to face me. A warm smile breaks its way out onto my lips.

"It's okay. He doesn't even like me in that way anyway." I say as I lean back onto the floor.

"You're so positive about this. If I were to like someone and they ended up getting into a relationship before I even got the chance to ask them out, I'd feel like a piece of shit. That's what I like about you." Nash says, he leans over and brushes a few strands of hair away from my face.

I look up into his eyes. "Thanks," I say. He keeps his hand still on my cheek. This is getting awkward. Like really awkward, but I can't seem to break his contact. His gaze drops to my lips before meeting back to my eyes, just then the door bursts open yet again. Nash quickly drops his hand and gets up from the floor.

Heath comes back into the room and stares at us. "Forgot my keys." He says looking between Nash and me. He gives Nash a final glaring look before slamming the door behind him shut.

"I should probably back head out. Wouldn't wanna keep Kade waiting." He says, laughing awkwardly. I nod my head before waving him off.

As soon as the door closes behind him, I blow out a deep breath I didn't even know I was holding. I hope things don't change between Nash and me.

♠︎ ♠︎ ♠︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

649 46 29
His hand stayed on mine as he pulled out back on the road and I could feel the embarrassment creeping up my cheeks. "I'm sorry." I said. First I was...
26K 1.5K 59
7 months after the tragic death of her father, Hayley Jones finally feels like she can breath again. After giving up drinking and partying, things ac...
390K 16.4K 26
She didn't reply and I felt her finger move across my skin, lower, and almost all the way down my lower back. A shiver coursed through my body, stran...
1.9M 46.5K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...