ᴇᴘʜᴇᴍᴇʀᴀʟ | Harry Potter X Re...

By padfootsQuill

After Y/N Black's mother was murdered along with the Potter's and her father was wrongfully sent to Azkaban... More

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ
00- 𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔢
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔡 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯
-ʏᴜʟᴇ ʙᴀʟʟ ᴅʀᴇꜱꜱ-
- 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯 -
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯
-𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯-
58
59
60
61
62
63
64

29

20.6K 607 2.3K
By padfootsQuill

𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚖 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 <𝟹

"Y/N dear" Molly said quietly, shaking her awake. Y/N drowsily sat up and saw Hermione sitting tiredly at her bed rubbing her eyes, and Ginny was still sprawled across her bed in a deep sleep.

"I'm going to go wake the boys-"

Suddenly Y/N was wide awake. 

"Don't worry Mrs. Weasley! I'll take care of that" Y/N said holding back a grin as she stood up. 

"Oh- thank you dear" Mrs. Weasley said with a small smile, "Hermione dear will you wake Ginny?"

"Of course Mrs. Weasley" Hermione said as she swung her legs off of the bed. Mrs. Weasley walked out and down the the kitchen to finish preparing breakfast.

Y/N scooped some rabbit food dropping it into Splotch's cage and reached for the water cup on her bedside table.

"And what exactly do you plan on doing with that?" Hermione asked leaning on the bedpost to Ginny's bed. 

"A bit of revenge" Y/N smirked and stepped out into the hall with a grin. She took a couple steps and then she reached the door. 

Y/N slowly turned the door handle in an attempt to make as little noise as possible. She pushed the door open and saw Fred, George, Ron, and Harry each sleeping on bed that were crammed into the small room.

So peaceful, so calm, so quiet.

Not for long.

One of the things that Y/N loved the most about staying with the Weasley's, was the use of magic.

Underage wizards legally are not able to do magic outside of school. 

However..

The ministry is only able to track magical signatures, not who performed the magic. It's pretty easy to detect who used the magic in a muggle household, but in a magical household where magic is always being used, there's no way to tell who used it. 

Y/N figured this out in second year when she had found Fred and George secretly spraying water at gnomes when they had to de-gnome the garden.

"What are you-" Y/N spotted Fred and George pointing their wands at the tiny gnomes who were running around frantically to avoid getting hit by a wave of water

Fred and George looked at each other wide-eyed and stuffed their wands into their pockets.

"You're going to be expelled!" She said worriedly.

"What is she talking about Freddie" George said with a grin.

"I have absolutely no idea Georgie" Fred said matching his grin.

"Fine then" Y/N smirked. "I'll just go tell your mu-"

"NO!" They both shouted, jumping to their feet. Fred and George shared a glance, gave each other a small nod, and leaped towards Y/N, seizing her by the arms.

"Let go of me!" She protested as they both dragged her to a nearby tree. Fred conjured a rope and tied her down to the tree.

"Swear that you won't ever tell anyone" Fred said, for once in his life looking very serious.

"I won't have to tell- You'll just be expelled!" She huffed, crossing her arms over the thick rope tied around her abdomen.

"Swear to it!" They both demanded.

"Fine! I swear I won't say anything!" Y/N said as she leaned her head on the tree behind her.

Fred and George looked at each other as if they were silently assessing whether they should trust it or not. The ultimately decided to explain why they were able to use magic without the ministry knowing.

Then they released her.

She raised four large water droplets from the water cup and levitated them above each of their faces. 

With a last grin she flicked her wrist and the droplets dropped down, drenching each of their faces with water.

"BLOODY HELL-" shouted Ron. He and Harry shot up, frantically rubbing the water off of their faces.

Fred and George sat up looking very frustrated that their sleep was interrupted and shot their eyes at Y/N, who was at the doorway smirking.

"Y/N!" They all shouted, glaring at her.

"Good morning!" she smirked as she held back her laughter. Fred stood up and darted towards her but ended up tripping on a deck of exploding snaps and fell. 

George laughed at him and Y/N gleefully stepped out of the room. 

Ginny drowsily poked her head out of her room with a grin. "Water?"

"Yup" Y/N grinned stepping back into the room to get changed.

***

Mrs. Weasley was stirring the contents of a large pot on the stove, while Mr. Weasley was sitting at the table, checking a stack of large parchment tickets. He looked up as the they all entered and spread his arms so that they could see his clothes more clearly. 

He was wearing a sweater and a very old pair of jeans, slightly too big for him and held up with a thick belt.

"What d'you think?" he asked anxiously. "We're supposed to go incognito — do I look like a Muggle?"

"Yeah," said Harry and Y/N.

"Where're Bill and Charlie and Per-Per-Percy?" said George, failing to stifle a yawn.

"Well, they're Apparating, aren't they?" said Mrs. Weasley, heaving the large pot over to the table and starting to ladle porridge into bowls. "So they can have a bit of a lie-in."

"So they're still in bed?" said Fred grumpily, pulling his bowl of porridge toward him. "Why can't we Apparate too?"

"Because you're not of age and you haven't passed your test," said Mrs. Weasley. 

"You have to pass a test to Apparate?" Harry asked.

"Oh yes," said Mr. Weasley, tucking the tickets into the back pocket of his jeans. "The Department of Magical Transportation had to fine a couple of people the other day for Apparating without a license. It's not easy, Apparition, and when it's not done properly it can lead to nasty complications. This pair I'm talking about went and splinched themselves."

"Er — splinched?" said Harry in confusion.

"They left half of themselves behind," said Mr. Weasley, spooning large amounts of treacle onto his porridge. "So, of course, they were stuck. Couldn't move either way. Had to wait for the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad to sort them out. Meant a fair old bit of paperwork, I can tell you, what with the Muggles who spotted the body parts they'd left behind. . . ."

"Were they okay?" Harry asked, startled.

"Oh yes," said Mr. Weasley. "But they got a heavy fine, and I don't think they'll be trying it again in a hurry. You don't mess around with Apparition. There are plenty of adult wizards who don't bother with it. Prefer brooms — slower, but safer."

"But Bill and Charlie and Percy can all do it?"

"Charlie had to take the test twice," said Fred, grinning. "He failed the first time, Apparated five miles south of where he meant to, right on top of some poor old dear doing her shopping, remember?"

"Yes, well, he passed the second time," said Mrs. Weasley.

"Percy only passed two weeks ago," said George. "He's been Apparating downstairs every morning since, just to prove he can."

"We've got a bit of a walk," said Mr. Weasley.

"Walk?" said Harry. 

"What, are we walking to the World Cup?" Y/N asked.

"No, no, that's miles away," said Mr. Weasley, smiling. "We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to gather without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup —"

"George!" said Mrs. Weasley sharply, and they all jumped. 

"What?" said George, in an innocent tone.

"What is that in your pocket?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't you lie to me!"Mrs. Weasley pointed her wand at George's pocket and said,

"Accio!" Several small, brightly colored objects zoomed out of George's pocket; he made a grab for them but missed, and they sped right into Mrs. Weasley's outstretched hand.

"We told you to destroy them!" said Mrs. Weasley furiously, holding up what were unmistakably more Ton-Tongue Toffees. "We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!"

"Accio! Acci-" Mrs. Weasley caught onto Y/N's eye and immediately remembered the conversation from the previous day. With a soft sigh she placed the candies onto the table making everyone stare in shock.

"Just don't use them on anyone, I don't want you both to get in trouble with the ministry." Mrs. Weasley said as she slid the pile towards them.

Fred and George's eyes grew wide, they nodded and they eagerly snatched the candies which had taken them 6 months to develop and stuffed them back into their pockets.

Mr. Weasley was staring at his wife, he thought that she had gone mad.

Fred and George were ecstatic, they had planned to do their business but having Mrs. Weasley no longer opposed to the idea, made everything much better.

Mrs. Weasley kissed Mr. Weasley on the cheek right before they left, "Well, have a lovely time," said Mrs. Weasley "I'll send Bill, Charlie, and Percy along around midday," Mrs. Weasley said to Mr. Weasley, as he, Harry, Y/N, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny set off across the dark yard after Fred and George who had taken a head start.

It was chilly and the moon was still out. They trudged down the dark toward the village, the silence broken only by their footsteps. The sky lightened very slowly as they made their way through the village. Y/N's hands and feet were freezing. Mr. Weasley kept checking his watch. They didn't have breath to spare for talking as they began to climb the hill.

"Whew," panted Mr. Weasley, taking off his glasses and wiping them on his sweater. "Well, we've made good time — we've got ten minutes. . . ."

"Now we just need the Portkey," said Mr. Weasley, "It won't be big. . . . Come on . . ."They spread out, searching. 

They had only been at it for a couple of minutes.

"Over here, Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it!" Two tall figures emerged on the other side of the hilltop.

"Amos!" said Mr. Weasley, smiling as he strode over to the man who had shouted. 

Y/N walked besides Hermione and Ginny as they followed. 

Mr. Weasley was shaking hands with the wizard who was holding an old boot in his other hand.

"This is Amos Diggory, everyone," said Mr. Weasley. "He works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think you know his son, Cedric?"

Hermione and Ginny glanced at Y/N with small smirks. Y/N glared at them knowing what they were insinuating.

"Hi," said Cedric, looking around at them all. Everybody said hi back except Fred and George, who merely nodded. 

"Long walk, Arthur?" Cedric's father asked.

"Not too bad," said Mr. Weasley. "We live just on the other side of the village there. You?"

"Had to get up at two, didn't we, Ced? I tell you, I'll be glad when he's got his Apparition test. Still . . . not complaining . . . Quidditch World Cup, wouldn't miss it for a sackful of Galleons — and the tickets cost about that. Mind you, looks like I got off easy. . . ." 

Amos Diggory peered around at the three Weasley boys, Harry, Y/N, Hermione, and Ginny. "All these yours, Arthur?"

"Oh no, only these," said Mr. Weasley, pointing out his children. 

"This is Hermione, friend of Ron's, Y/N also friend of Ron's" Amos seemed to have recognized the name. "— and Harry, another friend —"

"Merlin's beard," said Amos Diggory, his eyes widening. "Harry? Harry Potter?"

"Er — yeah," said Harry.

"Ced's talked about you, of course," said Amos. He glanced at Y/N, almost as if saying that she was also spoken about.

"Told us all about playing against you last year. . . . I said to him, I said — Ced, that'll be something to tell your grandchildren, that will. . . . You beat Harry Potter!"

Harry remained silent. It was obvious he had no idea how to respond.

Cedric looked slightly embarrassed."Harry fell off his broom, Dad," he muttered. "I told you . . . it was an accident. . . ."

"Yes, but you didn't fall off, did you?" Said Amos, slapping his son on his back. "Always modest, our Ced, always the gentleman . . . but the best man won, I'm sure Harry'd say the same, wouldn't you, eh? One falls off his broom, one stays on, you don't need to be a genius to tell which one's the better flier!"

Cedric sent Harry and apologetic look.

"Must be nearly time," said Mr. Weasley quickly, pulling out his watch again. "Do you know whether we're waiting for any more, Amos?"

"No, the Lovegoods have been there for a week already and the Fawcetts couldn't get tickets," said Mr. Diggory. "There aren't any more of us in this area, are there?"

"Not that I know of," said Mr. Weasley. "Yes, it's a minute off. . . . We'd better get ready. . . ."

He looked around at Y/N, Harry and Hermione."You just need to touch the Portkey, that's all, a finger will do —" With difficulty, owing to their bulky backpacks, the ten of them crowded around the old boot held out by Amos Diggory. 

"Three . . ." muttered Mr. Weasley, one eye still on his watch,"two . . . one . . ."

It was an odd sensation, it felt as if a hook wrapped around Y/N's abdomen had been suddenly jerked forward. Her feet left the ground. They were all speeding forward. Ron staggered into Harry and they both fell over.

As Y/N's feet hit the ground, she nearly fell over herself but a hand clasped around her wrist helping her steady her balance.

"Thank you" Y/N said as Cedric let go of her wrist.

"No problem" Cedric said with a grin, "I didn't know you were coming"

"Yeah I didn't know until a couple days ago" Y/N grinned.

Y/N and Cedric continued talking, they walked a bit further ahead than Ron, Harry, Hermione and Ginny. 

Ginny and Hermione were smirking at the sight of Y/N and Cedric walking together.

"What are you smirking at" Ron asked Ginny with a raised eyebrow.Ginny rolled her eyes. 

"How could you possibly be so daft?" she motioned ahead making both Harry and Ron notice Cedric and Y/N.

Ron didn't seem to notice much and merely shrugged, though Harry did see how close they seemed. 

He noticed little things, like how their shoulders would slightly brush with every step they took and how they were both smiling and seemed to be enjoying their conversation.

It felt weird, indescribable. Unsettling almost. Harry most definitely didn't like it.

That he was sure of.

 After about twenty minutes, a small cottage came into view. Beyond it, Y/N could see shapes of hundreds and hundreds of tents, rising up the slope of a large field.

They said goodbye to the Diggorys and approached the cottage door. A man was standing in the doorway, looking out at the tents, it was obvious that he was a real muggle.

"Morning!" said Mr. Weasley brightly.

"Morning," said the Muggle.

"Would you be Mr. Roberts?"

"Aye, I would," said Mr. Roberts. "And who're you?"

"Weasley — two tents, booked a couple of days ago?"

"Aye," said Mr. Roberts, looking at a list taped to the door. "You've got a space up by the wood there. Just the one night?" 

"That's it," said Mr. Weasley.

"You'll be paying now, then?" said Mr. Roberts.

"Ah — right — certainly —" said Mr. Weasley. He retreated a short distance from the cottage and beckoned Y/N toward him. 

"Help me" he muttered, pulling a roll of Muggle money from his pocket and starting to peel the notes apart. 

"This one's a — a — a ten? Ah yes, I see the little number on it now. . . . So this is a five?"

"A twenty," Y/N corrected him quietly, knowing that Mr. Roberts was listening 

"Ah yes, so it is. . . . I don't know, these little bits of paper . . ."

"You foreign?" said Mr. Roberts as Mr. Weasley returned with the correct money. 

"Foreign?" repeated Mr. Weasley, confused.

"You're not the first one who's had trouble with money," said Mr. Roberts, examining Mr. Weasley closely. 

"I had two try and pay me with great gold coins the size of hubcaps ten minutes ago."

"Did you really?" said Mr. Weasley nervously.

Mr. Roberts rummaged around in a tin for some change.

"Never been this crowded," he said suddenly, looking out over the field again. "Hundreds of pre-bookings. People usually just turn up. . . ."

"Is that right?" said Mr. Weasley, his hand held out for his change, but Mr. Roberts didn't give it to him.

"Aye," he said thoughtfully. "People from all over. Loads of foreigners. And not just foreigners. Weirdos, you know? There's a bloke walking 'round in a kilt and a poncho."

"Shouldn't he?" said Mr. Weasley anxiously.

"It's like some sort of . . . I dunno . . . like some sort of cult," said Mr. Roberts. "They all seem to know each other. Like a big party."

At that moment, a wizard out of thin air next to Mr. Roberts's front door.

"Obliviate!" he said sharply, pointing his wand at Mr. Roberts. 

Instantly, Mr. Roberts's eyes slid out of focus, and a look of dreamy unconcern fell over his face. 

"A map of the campsite for you," Mr. Roberts said calmly to Mr. Weasley. "And your change."

"Thanks very much," said Mr. Weasley. They trudged up the field between long rows of tents. Halfway up the field stood an extravagant confection of striped silk like a miniature palace, with several live peacocks tethered at the entrance. 

Y/N was almost sure she saw a glimpse of white-blonde hair inside.

A little farther on they passed a tent that had three floors and a short way beyond that was a tent that had a front garden attached, complete with birdbath, sundial, and fountain.

"Always the same," said Mr. Weasley, smiling. "We can't resist showing off when we get together. Ah, here we are, look, this is us." 

They had reached the very edge of the wood at the top of the field, and here was an empty space, with a small sign hammered into the ground that read 'weezly'

"Couldn't have a better spot!" said Mr. Weasley happily. "The field is just on the other side of the wood there, we're as close as we could be." He hoisted his backpack from his shoulders. 

"Right," he said excitedly, "no magic allowed, strictly speaking, not when we're out in these numbers on Muggle land. We'll be putting these tents up by hand! Shouldn't be too difficult. . . . Muggles do it all the time. . . . Here, Harry, Y/N, Hermione, where do you reckon we should start?"

Harry, Y/N and Hermione had never been camping in their lives. However, they managed to work out where most of the poles and pegs should go, and Mr. Weasley got thoroughly overexcited when it came to using the mallet, they finally managed to construct a pair of shabby two-man tents.

It was rather small for the amount of people they had, Harry and Hermione seemed to have noticed this too and shared wary glances.

Hermione gave Y/N a quizzical look as Mr. Weasley dropped to his hands and knees and entered the first tent.

"We'll be a bit cramped," he called, "but I think we'll all squeeze in. Come and have a look."

Fred and George walked in first, followed by Ron, and then Ginny and Hermione, and lastly Harry and Y/N.

Both Y/N and Harry's jaws dropped. They had walked into what looked like an old-fashioned, three-room flat, complete with bathroom and kitchen. 

"Girls choose a bunk and unpack" Mr. Weasley said motioning to the room. 

"Ron get out of the kitchen" Mr. Weasley said with a small roll of his eyes. "We're all hungry"

"Yeah get out of the kitchen Ron!" Fred and George said sitting at a table as they took out a stack of exploding snaps.

"Feet off the table!" Arthur said.

"Feet off the table!" Fred and George said in sync as they moved their feet off and them put it right back.

Y/N stared at the giant tent in amazement, magic never seized to impress her.

"I love magic" Harry said with a grin.

***

"We'll need water. . . ." Arthur said tapping his chin.

"There's a tap marked on this map the Muggle gave us," said Ron "It's on the other side of the field."

"Well, why don't you, Harry, and Hermione go and get us some water then" — Mr. Weasley handed over the kettle and a couple of saucepans — "and the rest of us will get some wood for a fire?"

"But we've got an oven," said Ron. "Why can't we just—"

"Ron, anti-Muggle security!" said Mr. Weasley, his face shining with anticipation. "When real Muggles camp, they cook on fires outdoors. I've seen them at it!"

Harry, Ron, and Hermione set off across the campsite with the kettle and saucepans. Now, with the sun risen  they could see the rows of tents that stretched in every direction. 

They made their way slowly through the rows, staring eagerly around. 

Their fellow campers were starting to wake up. First to wake were the families with small children. Y/N had never seen witches and wizards this young before. 

A tiny boy no older than two was crouched outside a large pyramid-shaped tent, holding a wand and poking happily at a slug in the grass, which was swelling slowly to the size of a giant fish. 

As they got closer to him, his mother came hurrying out of the tent.

"How many times, Kevin? You don't — touch — Daddy's — wand!"

Y/N and Hermione shared looks of amusement and they continued on.

"Er — is it my eyes, or has everything gone green?" said Ron. They had walked into a patch of tents that were all covered with a thick growth of shamrocks. 

"Harry! Ron! Y/N! Hermione!" A voice said.

It was Seamus, He was sitting in front of his own shamrock-covered tent, with his mother, and Dean.

"Like the decorations?" said Seamus, grinning. "The Ministry's not too happy."

"Ah, why shouldn't we show our colors?" said Mrs. Finnigan. "You should see what the Bulgarians have got dangling all over their tents. You'll be supporting Ireland, of course?" she added, eyeing Harry, Ron, Y/N and Hermione.

When they had assured her that they were indeed supporting Ireland, they set off again, though, as Ron said, "Like we'd say anything else surrounded by that lot."

"I wonder what the Bulgarians have got dangling all over their tents?" said Hermione.

"Let's go and have a look," said Y/N, pointing to a large patch of tents upheld, where the Bulgarian flag — white, green, and red — was fluttering in the breeze. The tents here had not been overloaded with plant life, but each and every one of them had the same poster attached to it.

A poster of a face.

"Krum," said Ron quietly in admiration.

"What?" said Hermione.

"Krum!" said Ron. "Viktor Krum, the Bulgarian Seeker!"

"He looks really grumpy," said Hermione, looking around at the many Krums. 

"Really grumpy? Who cares what he looks like? He's unbelievable. He's really young too. Only just eighteen or something. He's a genius, you wait until tonight, you'll see."

"Got a little crush do you?" Y/N teased with a smirk.

"Oh shove off" Ron said turning a bit pink and rolling his eyes.

"Just put them on, Archie, there's a good chap. You can't walk around like that, the Muggle at the gate's already getting suspicious —" said a ministry worker as  Harry, Ron, Y/N and Hermione had reached the tap fountain.

"I bought this in a Muggle shop," said the old wizard stubbornly. "Muggles wear them."

"Muggle women wear them, Archie, not the men, they wear these," said the Ministry wizard, he pointed at  striped trousers.

"I'm not putting them on," said old Archie in annoyance. "I like a healthy breeze 'round my privates, thanks."

Hermione, Ron, Harry and Y/N were overcome with fits of the laughter. 

Ron nearly toppled over a large rock.

They filled their buckets and kettle pots.

Walking more slowly now, because of the weight of the water, they made their way back through the campsite. 

Here and there, they saw more familiar faces: other Hogwarts students with their families. 

"You've been ages," said George when they finally got back to the Weasleys' tents.

"Met a few people," said Ron, setting the water down. "You not got that fire started yet?"

"Dad's having fun with the matches," said Fred

Mr. Weasley was having no success at all in lighting the fire, but it wasn't for lack of trying. Matches were littered all over the ground around him, but he looked as though he was having the time of his life.

"Oops!" he said as he managed to light a match and promptly dropped it in surprise.

"Come here, Mr. Weasley," said Hermione kindly, taking the box from him, and showing him how to do it properly.

Y/N played several rounds of exploding snaps with Fred and George. A match of wizards chess with Ron (which he threw a fit when Y/N beat him)

At last, the fire was ready, and they had just started cooking eggs and sausages when Bill, Charlie, and Percy came strolling out of the woods toward them.

"Just Apparated, Dad," said Percy loudly. 

"Ah, excellent, lunch!"

They were halfway through their plates of eggs and sausages when Mr. Weasley jumped to his feet, waving and grinning at a man who was striding toward them. 

"Aha!" he said. "The man of the moment! Ludo!"

"Ahoy there!" Bagman called happily. "Arthur, old man, what a day, eh? What a day! Could we have asked for more perfect weather? A cloudless night coming . . . and hardly a hiccough in the arrangements. . . . Not much for me to do!"

Percy hurried forward with his hand outstretched. 

"Ah — yes," said Mr. Weasley, grinning, "this is my son Percy. He's just started at the Ministry — and this is Fred — no, George, sorry — that's Fred — Bill, Charlie, Ron — my daughter, Ginny — and Ron's friends, Hermione Granger, Y/N Black, and Harry Potter."

"Everyone," Mr. Weasley continued, "this is Ludo Bagman, you know who he is, it's thanks to him we've got such good tickets —" Bagman beamed and waved his hand as if to say it had been nothing.

"Fancy a flutter on the match, Arthur?" he said eagerly, jingling what seemed to be a large amount of gold in the pockets of his robes. 

"I've already got Roddy Pontner betting me Bulgaria will score first — I offered him nice odds, considering Ireland's front three are the strongest I've seen in years — and little Agatha Timms has put up half shares in her eel farm on a week- long match."

"Oh . . . go on then," said Mr. Weasley. "Let's see . . . a Galleon on Ireland to win?"

"A Galleon?" Ludo Bagman looked slightly disappointed, but recovered himself. "Very well, very well . . . any other takers?"

"They're a bit young to be gambling," said Mr. Weasley. "Molly wouldn't like —"

"We'll bet thirty-seven Galleons, fifteen Sickles, three Knuts," said Fred as he and George quickly pooled all their money, "that Ireland wins — but Viktor Krum gets the Snitch. Oh and we'll throw in a fake wand."

"Boys," said Mr. Weasley under his breath, "I don't want you betting. . . . That's all your savings. . . . Your mother —"

"Don't be a spoilsport, Arthur!" boomed Ludo Bagman, rattling his pockets excitedly. "They're old enough to know what they want! You reckon Ireland will win but Krum'll get the Snitch? Not a chance, boys, not a chance. . . . I'll give you excellent odds on that one. . . . We'll add five Galleons for the funny wand, then, shall we. . . ."

Mr. Weasley looked on helplessly as Ludo Bagman whipped out a notebook and quill and began jotting down the twins' names.

"Cheers," said George, taking the slip of parchment Bagman handed him and tucking it away carefully. Bagman turned most cheerfully back to Mr. Weasley.

***

They spent the rest of the afternoon sprawled on the couches in the warm tent and playing cards games.

By dusk darkness spread, the Ministry seemed to have bowed to the inevitable and stopped fighting the signs of magic now breaking out everywhere.

Salesmen were Apparating every few feet, carrying trays and pushing carts full of extraordinary merchandise. There were luminous rosettes — green for Ireland, red for Bulgaria — which were squealing the names of the players, pointed green hats bedecked with dancing shamrocks, Bulgarian scarves adorned with lions that really roared, flags from both countries that played their national anthems as they were waved; there were tiny models of Firebolts that really flew, and collectible figures of famous players, which strolled across the palm of your hand, preening themselves.

"Been saving my pocket money all summer for this," Ron told Harry as they, Y/N and Hermione strolled through the salesmen, buying souvenirs. 

Though Ron purchased a dancing shamrock hat and a large green rosette, he also bought a small figure of Viktor Krum, the Bulgarian Seeker. The miniature Krum walked backward and forward over Ron's hand, scowling up at the green rosette above him.

"Wow, look at these!" said Harry, hurrying over to a cart piled high with what looked like brass binoculars, except that they were covered with all sorts of weird knobs and dials.

"Omnioculars," said the saleswizard eagerly. "You can replay action . . . slow everything down . . . and they flash up a play-by-play breakdown if you need it. Bargain — ten Galleons each."

"Wish I hadn't bought this now," said Ron, gesturing at his dancing shamrock hat and gazing longingly at the Omnioculars.

Y/N reached into her coin bag and pulled out 90 galleons. She now had essentially an unlimited amount of galleons that she was able to pull out of the Black Vault.

"9 pairs," Y/N said handing the galleons with a grin.  

Ron looked like he wanted to protest, he didn't necessarily like when Harry or Y/N bought things for him. But his desire for the souvenir prevented him from doing so.

The saleswizard grinned giddily and handed each of them a Omniocular.

They went back to the tents. Bill, Charlie, and Ginny were all sporting green rosettes too, and Mr. Weasley was carrying an Irish flag. Fred and George had no souvenirs as they had given Bagman all their gold. They were all ecstatic when Y/N handed them each an Omniocular. 

"It's time!" said Mr. Weasley, looking as excited as any of them. "Come on, let's go!"

_______________________

𝔈𝔭𝔥𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔩

________

"ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴀꜱᴛ"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 616 35
This story is currently being edited and the new version will be posted on AO3 when it is complete x For 12 years she believed her parents to have be...
2.5K 83 8
"But if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first whoever did." ________________________________________ IN WHICH, IRIS BLACK the daughter...
21.7K 1.3K 89
when sahithi Willson dies in a car accident she came in to the world of favourite series harry potter and she came to change the fate of the story...
216K 4.1K 65
a sirius black love story *currently editing* ••• i do not own the rights to any of the characters except maude collins and her family ••• #1 in fanf...