A CONNECTION

By VelvitaRose

This is a love/action/Fanfiction of the tv show tangled the series AKA Tangled adventures. It's of Varian and... More

Prologue - The before
Chapter 1 - A nice WARM welcome
Chapter 2 - A Silent cry for help
Chapter 3 - A long lost friend
Chapter 4 - You are amazing the way you are
Chapter 5 - Don't poke the bear
Chapter 6 - That awkward moment when you find out feelings exist.
Chapter 7 - There is always more to learn
Chapter 8 - The past that haunts us
Chapter 9 - A sweet surprise
Chapter 10 - A heroic romance
Chapter 11 - Love is in the air
Chapter 12 - Revisiting the past
Chapter 13 - Getting used to Corona
Chapter 14 - A start to an exhausting day
Chapter 15 - A romantic exhausting day
Chapter 16 - A Haunting Gang
Chapter 17 - A chained battle
Chapter 18 - Now there's nothing left to lose
Chapter 20 - The last chance to do what's right
Chapter 21 - A Goodbye (the final chapter)

Chapter 19 - A final fight

231 12 45
By VelvitaRose

THANK GOODNESS I HAVE VERY DESCRIPTIVE WORDS!!!!! I STILL HAVE MORE CHAPTERS!!!!! Sorry... I was expecting the chapter after this to be the last one... but I went kinda crazy in this one. So enjoy! (2116 words if you are curious) 

💙💜

Cassandra and Varian both looked at each other with a smirk on their faces. When the guys got close enough, they started preparing their arrows. Cassandra stepped in front of Varian and shot three arrows and the guys who were running their way all stopped as the arrows grazed all three of their sides.

"Varian you alr-" Cassandra turned around to see Varian was no longer there and when she looked over she saw him running on higher ground and throwing alchemy balls at the men making them freeze in place. "HEY!!!!" Cass shouted to Varian in a playful way hoping her arrows would be enough.

"WHOO HOO!!!! IT'S SO GREAT TO NOT BE STUCK WITH YOU AGAIN!!!!!!" Varian shouted happily just enjoying the moment. That's when he looked back to see the guys starting to corner Cassandra.

Cassandra was slowly backing up. But then she pulled out her sword. "You boys want to dance?" She said with an evil grin on her face. "AAR-" Cassandra went to start swinging her sword when she was grabbed by some kind of hand that took her. When she looked up she had been taken by Varian who had some kind of rope wrapped around beast Ruddiger so Varian could hang upside down and hold onto Cass.

Cassandra looked up at him irritated as she wanted to hurt the other guys, but her anger died out when she saw Varian's bucktooth smile. "Hey, Cassie!" Varian said holding onto her still upside down while Ruddiger was running around taking out some of the men. Cassandra gave Varian a smile and he helped her up.

Cassandra and Varian both got on Ruddiger and Cassandra was holding onto Varian until Ruddiger started slowing down. Cassandra grabbed her bow and held it up. Varian needed something to use but he didn't want to use all of his alchemy this early.

"I don't know what to use," Varian said digging through his backpack.

"Take this!" Cassandra slammed her bow and Varian's chest causing him to wobble a bit when she pulled out her sword and jumped off Ruddiger.

With a perfect landing she looked at all the men... "Oh, I'm going to enjoy this." Cassandra held up her sword and started fighting with all her strength.

Varian was still on Ruddiger's back. Varian had the bow attached to a sash that went around his back. He pulled out a small leather rope that had metal and buckles on it everywhere. Varian looked at Ruddiger and said, "You ready for test twenty-seven!" Varian used the rope that was still wrapped around Ruddiger and used it to stay stable as he walked over to Ruddiger's neck. Varian put a small circular metal ball attached it to his fur. He pressed a small button on it and it became a beast Ruddiger sized collar. Varian attached the leather rope where the leash would normally go.

He attached the remaining pieces on his boots his alchemy belt and his sash that was on his back. Varian was now completely stable and let Ruddiger run around as much as he wanted. Varian grabbed the bow and arrow and held it in his hands. Still shaking a bit from all this "excitement" he closed his eyes....

He pictured Cassandra's smile, her laugh that she made when he said a bad joke, how red her face would turn if he looked at her. He slowly opened his eyes, stronger than ever, he held up the bow. He could still feel Cassandra's hands on his, and in his ear, he could hear her still say "Remember to pull back with your elbow pointed, and three.... Two... one... fire!" Varian shot four arrows and each one got caught on a guy's shirt pulling each of them back to the floor.

Varian looked over to see Cassandra fighting with all her strength. He gave her a smile, and mumbled to himself, "That's my Cassie."

Varian looked over to see Eugene fighting with Rapunzel, both looking out for each other and enjoying the other company.

Varian looked at them, then looked at Cass.... He wished they were like that. Varian smiled as he took off all of the leather rope except for the one on his back. He swung himself off of Ruddiger's back to the floor. He took off the final leather rope on his back and started running towards Cass. He looked back at Ruddiger while still running. "You know what to do bud!!!" Ruddiger ran off with a large growl.

Varian continued running when he looked in front of him was a wall and he tried to stop but his collar was grabbed, and he was pulled over to the side and when he gained his sense of direction again, he saw Cassandra standing there who had pulled him out of there. "Hey, nerd. Next time look where you're going." Cassandra said smiling and holding up her sword.

Varian noticed their setting he stopped Cass from swinging her sword and looked into her eyes. "May I have this dance?" He said while holding out his hand. Cassandra took it happily.

"Of course." Both Cassandra and Varian looked at each other and instantly knew what to do. Varian grabbed her waist and pulled her in. AND DANCE FIGHTING THEY WENT!!!!! Cassandra and Varian were working together again. It was like the handcuffs had never left. They still had A CONNECTION.

Both of them were so in sync. Cassandra and Varian were working together. Varian looked at Cassandra as they both fought together. "You're better than you were than last time Cassie," Varian said with a smirk. "Have you been practicing with another guy?" He said in a joking manner.

Cassandra kicking guys with her high kicks as Varian spun her around. When he dipped her looking into his eyes she said, "Don't worry. There is no one else I know who would look like an idiot while dance fighting." Cassandra said when she saw someone about Varian and she kicked them making herself do a flip and there was so much movement going on but once it all stopped she was now dipping Varian. Varian flustered Cass booped his nose and said, "I wouldn't have anyone else."

Varian gave her a nice warm smile when he picked himself back up and him and Cass continued. Both of them got lost in the eyes of the other. When Varian saw someone going to kick Cassandra's back, and he knew it would've knocked the air out of her, with his quick reflexes he yelled. "LOOK OUT!!!!!" Varian pushed her out of the way and Cassandra was knocked back. When she looked back at Varian as she rubbed the bruise that was on her forehead from hitting it on a rock.

Cassandra looked over to so Varian on the floor grunting in pain. Cassandra saw someone about to finish him off with a sword

"YOU STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!!!!!" Cassandra yelled, pulling out her sword and her adrenalin rush kicked in.

She grabbed her sword and ran over to Varian and protected him as he was curled up in a ball on the ground and couldn't see much as he felt dizzy. Cassandra used her sword and knocked the man's sword out of his hand's grip.

She gave him a glare and said, "You want to mess with me!?!!" The man seemed a little frightened but reached for his other sword but when he looked over it was gone.

The man looked back at Cassandra and she was holding his sword. But she gave him a smirk. "Goodnight!" She pulled back her arm and punched him in the face knocking him out. Cassandra was proud of herself and she turned around to Varian to see him still curled up and holding himself.

Cassandra put her hands on him, and she brushed back a bit of his hair so she could see his face. "Hey... you alright?" Varian tried to uncurl himself back flinched in pain from every movement. When he looked up his hand was covered in blood, it was drenched. With blood dripping off his hand he tried to move.

Cassandra immediately put her hands on him telling him to stop. "WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!!?" She shouted sounding angry but worried for her Varian.

"T-The-They GAH!!! T-They got my w-week point." Varian said moving as much as he could showing that his side was bleeding again. "apparently being k-kicked in the already w-wounded side doesn't end well..." Varian said with a fake chuckle.

Cassandra wanted to laugh with him but couldn't. Her eyes started tearing up wondering if there was anything she could do. Then she thought of something, "THE QUICK HEALING POTION!!!!" She shouted at him.

"W-What? Cassie I-"

"I DON'T CARE WHERE IS IT!!!!!" Cassandra shouted cutting Varian off.

"It's in the back pocket of my backpack..." Varian said getting weaker and dizzier by the second. The world started spinning and Varian closed his eyes.

Cassandra was digging in her backpack as she saw his eyes start to close. "VARIAN STAY WITH ME!!!!!"

Cassandra's words were the only thing keeping Varian fighting. Varian was trying his best to hold on but didn't have much time left. Cassandra recognized the bottle's bright glow. She grabbed it and walked over to Varian.

She didn't understand how it worked.... Panicking and her hands shaking she didn't know what to do. But.... Varian whispered hoping Cassandra could hear... but she was so panicked she didn't hear him whisper. "I....love you, Cassandra..."

Cassandra freaking out paused... she saw Varian had stopped breathing and she just moved his hand and poured the whole bottle on his wound.....

.....

Varian didn't move. Cassandra's shoulders dropped and she came closer to him and put his head on her legs and held his head up.

Resting her forehead on his she started crying... "I need you, Varian.... I... I need you here..."

....

"No need to cry, Cassie." Cassandra opened her eyes realizing she was looking directly into these beautiful blue eyes. "But you always were the sentimental type," Varian said in a joking manor.

Cassandra grew the biggest smile on her face and gave Varian a giant hug out of relief. Exhaling over his shoulder letting out all of that stress that had built up inside of her she squeezed him tightly.

Varian hugged back. Cassandra stopped. "Wait? Your side?" Cassandra moved and Varian showed his side which was once a bleeding mess, what now just a deep cut that had a scab formed around it.

"I guess my chemical works," Varian said with a bucktooth smile. Cassandra smiled back at him, but she heard something coming their way and she helped Varian stand up.

Cass looked around trying to find out where it was coming from and she looked upon a really high hill.

Both Cassandra and Varian looked over at the hill. One guy who came up running towards them without looking Cass just punched him in the face causing him to pass out.

Varian and Cass heard the screaming get louder and louder. When they saw about the same amount of men they had just fought coming. They were way fully armed. But Cass's eyes locked onto the leader.

Cassandra pulled out her sword and started running into battle when she felt a familiar hand grab her wrist. She turned around to see Varian holding her wrist stopping her. "What are you doing?!" Varian shouted.

"I'm going after the leader!" Cass said excitedly to attack him.

"Why!?!" Varian shouted back confused.

"Why?! Haven't you seen what he did to us, Varian! I'm not taking pity on him!" Cassandra shouted getting a little frustrated as the men got closer.

"SO YOU WANT REVENGE!!!! CASS WE HAVE BEEN DOWN THAT ROAD BEFORE AND-"

"I AM NOT A VILLAIN!!!! HE IS!!!! HE THREW US IN PRISON VARIAN!!!! HE SLICED YOUR SIDE!!!! HIS MEN BLEW UP YOUR HOME!!!! HOW DO YOU NOT WANT TO GET BACK AT HIM!!?!?!?" Cassandra shouted at Varian out of panic.

"WHO IS TO SAY WE DIDN'T DESERVE IT!!!!" Varian shouted in defense. "CASSIE WE'VE DONE WORSE THINGS THAN HE HAS AND EVER WILL!!!!! I KNOW I DESERVED EVERY LITTLE THING HE DID!!!!!" Varian shouted.

"SO NOW YOU'RE ON HIS SIDE!?!?!?"

"THERE ARE NO SIDES CASSANDRA!!!! WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS IF HE'S A VILLAIN THEN SO ARE WE!!!!!!! LOOK AT ALL THE MEN WE'VE INJURED!!!! HOW WE DESTROYED THAT PRISON THAT WAS BASICALLY THEIR HOME!!!! TO THEM WE ARE THE BAD GUYS!!!!!" Varian shouted causing Cassandra to hesitate but snapped herself out of it.

"I'm sorry Varian." Cassandra yanked her hand out of his grip and held her sword out and got ready to go after the leader. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 196 22
A story between two friends as they face difficulties and hardships, but also love. *I know that sounds cheesy but I got nothing* Please tell me if t...
39.6K 849 20
Varian has been in jail for a while and when he escapes, he becomes friends with Rapunzel again and gets a new power. Will he be able to unlock the m...
31.5K 584 34
Just some Varian x Female Reader one shots, that's all! I hope you all enjoy ☺️ Tangled the Series does not belong to me!
31.1K 871 20
Just about 1 year after his fall and arrest, Varian alone in the darkness of his cell, longs for one thing. Meanwhile Cassandra's now endless power r...