One Last Chance

By AFallensDesire

There are five packs in America and all soon to be alphas are 18. All females around their age are brought to... More

One Last Chance
Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Eighteen

2.6K 106 7
By AFallensDesire

New chpter is up! Also, we have posted a new book, check it out! 

Don't forget to vote and comment!

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 18

Ashton

I was blissfully ignorant of the tension that was building up in the room ever since Belle left. Cameron came back, spending his time glaring at each of us as he finished his meal. Blake seemed as if he was torn between glaring at me and dozing off, but he mostly dozed off. Reece was... well, Reece. He had a stupid smile on his face as he peered off into space, and I had a funny feeling it had something to do with Maddie, while Cole merely looked at all of us as if we were a bad soap opera that was arranged just for his amusement.

I don’t really know what I was eating, it might as well been nothing more than a bowl of cereals, but whatever it was it tasted well. I was an ass that was thoroughly focused only on the fact that she didn’t push me away once in the last twenty-four hours.

I almost missed it when a sudden wave of fear rolled over me. It was strong and potent, pushing back all of the others emotions. The only thing rivalling it was the rage I sensed that closely followed the fear. Belle.

With that one thought my breakfast was long forgotten as I rushed forward, growling warningly as Blake and Cameron tried to follow me. Blake looked torn between ignoring my warning and trying to attack me right then and there, and Cameron merely proudly rose his nose and went to sit down again.

I groaned in frustration as I felt Blake follow me anyway. Still, I ignored him as I rushed over the ground. One of the guards was foolish enough to try stopping us, the other backed away when they saw two pissed off Alphas coming their way, and earned himself a new pair of claw marks from me and a punch form Blake.

The others just shook their heads at him, not bothering to fight us. I broke through the doors, spotting Belle on the couch of the living room. I could no longer feel fear rolling off her, but there was still a sense of dread and insecurity littering the room.

“Belle?” I whispered as I approached her. “What happened?” I sat next to her as gently as I could and put my hands around her. She surprised me again when she didn’t move away, and leaned into me instead.

“I... It’s nothing.” She breathed against my neck as she cuddled even closer to me. I could feel as Blake tensed behind me, clearly annoyed by the way Belle was acting. I felt like purring, and immediately scolded myself for feeling that way while she was clearly hurt.

“Just tell us, Belle.” He said, softer than I expected him to.

“It’s just... Head Luna was here.” She whispered, completely explaining why the feeling of dread before was so thoroughly unnerving.

 There was a surprised intake of breath behind us as I felt Cameron’s presence. He obviously ignored my warning and came anyway too. “My mother was here?! What did she do?!” Belle hesitated, and he didn’t like it. “Just tell me.” He hissed and I growled, not really liking the tone of his voice.

Belle sighed and looked away from me. Cameron growled in rage and turned around, obviously ready to leave. “Fine then, I’ll ask her myself.” He but out and I immediately felt Belle tense in my arms as he exited the room.

She tried to get up and I growled, holding her down. She started to protest, but before she could I quickly scooped her in my arms and stood up, ignoring the protesting Blake as I went right past him. I followed after him as quickly as I could without hurting Belle.

It wasn’t really the fastest pace though. We lost sight of him, and I had to rely on my sense of smell to follow him. When we finally caught up with him he was facing his mother, the look on her face was nothing like her usual cocky demur.

“What did you do to her?”

“What... what are you talking about honey?” She chirped, she looked nervous facing her son.

“Belle. What did you do to her?” He growled, getting hold of her hand, judging by the way she winced he wasn’t really gentle.

“What are you talking about? I came here to see your father!” She protested, her lips pursing as she glared at her son.

“Don’t lie to me!” He shouted, and I felt his wolf swim to the surface as his eyes shone amber. I was surprised he would use his wolf on his own mother.

She glared at him as their wolves clashed, her eyes shone with bluish light as well as her son’s wolf forced her own to the surface. His wolf finally won over hers and she surrendered, frowning at him. “I just put her in her place!” She shouted, wiping her face of previous emotions only to show her real, ruthless side.

“What did you say to her?!”

“I told her to stay away from you! Both her and Annabelle!”

Cameron looked taken back by her words. “But, why?”

“Our family has nothing to do with the likes of them!”  She shouted, shoving her son away and showing the true face of her wolf as she easily overpower his.

He hissed in surprise as he fought against her force to regain control. I growled allowing my wolf to join his, siding with him reluctantly. The only reason I did it was because she had threatened Belle. I felt Blake do the same, and I felt the Luna easily get overpowered by three Alpha wolves, the only reason she could parry her son was because he still wasn’t a full Alpha.

“You don’t have the right to tell me who I’ll chose as my Luna!” He growled. “And if you ever come close to her you’ll regret it.” With that he retreated his wolf, and his mother scurried away glaring at all of us as if we killed her husband or something like that, since she obviously didn’t care about her son.

“Ash, put me down.” Belle whispered, looking at Cameron who seemed to suddenly go completely still after the leave of his mother.

I complied with a sigh, putting her down on the ground. She winced slightly as she put her weight onto her left leg, still, other than that she looked completely fine.

I suppressed the need to growl as she went to his side and hugged him. He hugged her back with no hesitation, and I felt proud of myself when I heard Blake growl for not giving into instincts. It’s just the way Belle was, feeling bad for everyone.

“It’s okay.” She whispered. “Thank you.”

“I’d do anything for you, Belle.” He breathed back and I tensed.

I watched as they hugged for a second longer but when his hands started sliding dangerously to the south I stepped in.

“You’re still naked, Belle.” I said, failing miserably to keep the edge of a growl out of my voice. Luckily, she blushed and stepped away from him immediately. “We should head back to your room.” I sighed. “You’re still hurt.”

I offered to carry her back, but Blake quickly butted in. “She’s still naked, Ash.” He said bitterly and Cameron chuckled. I rolled my eyes, but made no further attempt to carry her again.

We made our way back to the house in silence. Cameron left us when we entered the house, and Blake excused himself, saying he had to do something. He glared at me as he left, obviously not liking he had to leave.

She hesitated by the stairs, and blushed for a second before she turned to face me. “Could you, you know, help me?” She whispered, blushing stronger.

I nodded and slowly picked her up. She put her hands around my neck, and I started up the stairs as slowly as I could, giving my best not to hurt her more than she already was. Once we reached her room I put her down, feeling uneasy as I held her.

She pushed open the doors and walked in slowly, she still wasn’t quite sure on her feet, but she could walk just fine. The room was surprisingly empty, and I wondered if that had anything to do with Reece. Knowing Meddie it might as well been the truth.

She slumped onto the bed and grimaced, showing me that the walking took its toll on her. Taking a couple of seconds to rest she quickly got up again, making her way to the wardrobe. “Would you mind turning around?” She asked sarcastically.

I blushed, turning around as I waited for her to change. “You can turn around again.” She whispered, and so I did, only to blush more.

She looked a bit embarrassed standing there in her T and panties only, but I had to admit I didn’t mind it at all. She fidgeted under my gaze and made her way back to the bed, still blushing. “Is there something wrong?” She whispered, looking away from me.

“You’re beautiful.” I breathed as I approached her. She looked up at me and grimaced, but her face quickly melted away to something I couldn’t decipher when she saw the look on my face.

“Even like this? I didn’t have a shower in forever, and I almost died yesterday...” She trailed of, gazing into my eyes.

I chuckled. “Even like that.”

“But... I’m all... icky...” She whispered again, and I chuckled at her choice of words.

“I don’t mind.”

Our foreheads were touching by then, and I could taste her breath on my lips as her breathing became uneven and her pulse spiked up. Slowly, I bent down and kissed her neck, earning a surprised gasp from her followed by shivers as she slipped her hands around my neck.

“You’re beautiful Belle.” I whispered again, and she dragged my lips to hers in response. I kissed her slowly and passionately, still, I tried not to move so that I don’t hurt her, making the kiss torture for me as I yearned to deepen it. 

“And this is my room.” I heard someone breathe outside. A second later the doors opened and Maddie staggered into the room, clinging onto Reece as they kissed. They broke off the kiss and grinned at each other like idiots, that is before they spotted the two of us. I really don’t know who was more shocked. Maddie went as far as to screech and hide behind dumbfounded Reece, who just stared at us as if we were monsters about to eat him.

“Maddie?” Belle asked, successfully keeping her face straight. She removed her hands from my neck and I took a less embracing position on the bed.  “Is this what you’re doing while your best friend in the whole wide world is hurt and bedridden?” She asked, arching her brow.

“I... I... I...” Maddie stumbled over her words. “Hey! It’s not like you’re the one to talk! Aren’t you supposed to be hurt and bedridden?! Not making out with Ash!” Maddie stuttered, still blushing even though she managed to regain some of her composure.

“Ummm, maybe we should leave, Reece?” I said, trying to get out of the crossfire. Belle wouldn’t have it though.

“Stay.” She hissed, fixing me with a glare, and I obediently nodded my head yes. “Good doggy.” She cooed, causing me to blush in embarrassment. “And now you! Explain!” She demanded turning to Maddie.

Isabelle

“Well..um...we started to talk and badabing badaboom kissing city! So, how are you?” she asked scurrying away from Reece to sit opposite me.

“Bitch please,” I sighed taking Ash’s hand and pulling him onto the bed next to me. He stumbled but sat with a smirk while I pointed to the space next to Maddie with a look at Reece.

“What is this?” he asked sitting with a sigh. “Couples therapy, Isabelle style?”

“No Belle style therapy is beating the crap out of you,” Maddie grinned.

Reece glanced at me startled and I smiled back. “Speak boy, since when you been wanting my girl?”

“Scary doesn’t suit you, Belle. Speak properly,” Ash chuckled.

“Hush!” I hissed at him. “I am being momma here! I need to know his intentions with my girl!”

“What about your intentions with Belle, Ash?” Maddie shot back with a sly grin. I glowered at her.

“Not my life in the spot light tonight honey, it’s yours. Now speak Reece, don’t make me hit you,” I smirked at him when he looked at Maddie uneasily. “I’ll warn you now, if you are just playing her I will rip it off and shove it down your throat, ya hear?”

“I’m not playing her,” he growled at me and I blinked.

“Don’t growl at her,” Ash warned but I shushed him with an impatient wave of my hand. He frowned at me but shut up.

Maddie smirked at him and mouth ‘Whipped’ with a cheeky grin. I quirked a brow back at her and looked knowingly at Reece.

“Look Belle, I’m not going to hurt her,” he said running his hand through his hair. “When you were hurt the first time I comforted her, we got to talking and hit it off. Went on a date and yeah, now this. So,” he shrugged and blushed when I went, like every girl would, ‘awwwww’.

“Belle shut up,” Maddie hissed.

“Na-uh, honey you ripped me a new one when I told you I like the idiot beside me,” I pointed to Ash.

“Hey,” he complained and I grinned at him.

“It’s true,” turning back to Maddie I smirked. “So it’s payback baby.”

“No,” she groaned.

“Reece, wanna hear a funny story about your girl?”

“Sure,” he replied wrapping an arm around Maddie who blushed bright red and cuddled into him.

“Well when we were younger, I gave her a dare fully confident that she wouldn’t do it,” I began.

“NO!” She shouted lunging at me but Reece held her back with a chuckle.

“Well anyway to make a long story short, while in class I got a text from a desperate Maddie telling me she was stuck and needed my help.”

“Stuck where?” He asked curious when Maddie groaned hiding her face in her hands.

“The dreaded boys’ toilet!” I giggled and winced. “Fuck.”

“Stop laughing,” Ash chided.

“I can’t help it,” I whined. Grabbing the nearest arm to me, I pulled it around me and he grinned tugging me close. “Better.”

“Much,” he murmured against my hair.

“Ahem,” Reece coughed and I grinned.

“She somehow ended up locked in the cubical from first period until lunch,” I turned to her. “I don’t know how you survived listening to guys-.”

Ash covered my hand. “Going too far there Belle.”

“Anyway,” I sang. “I got this dodo to get all the boys out of the bathroom so I could sneak in and save the day!”

“You’ll be dead by the end of this day!” Maddie hissed.

“Please,” I scoffed. “You can’t beat me.”

“Wanna bet?”

“Bring it,” I smirked but Ash picked me up and set me in his lap. I frowned at him and tried to get out of it but he nipped at my jaw and wouldn’t let me move.

I glanced over at Maddie to see her in the same predicament. We sighed and she winked at me. I stuck my tongue back out at her.

“Ya know,” I said to Reece. “If you don’t choose her, that will hurt her.”

Silence descended as I stared at him while he squirmed uncomfortable. Maddie hopped off his lap and went into the bathroom. The start of the shower was heard and when I next spoke.

“I’m deadly serious when I say this, if you are only showing her interest now for the hell of it and don’t pick her,” I snarled softly moving out of Ash’s lap so I knelt before him. “I will kill you, alpha or not. I will not watch my friend suffer.”

“Like she had to watch you suffer?” he quipped and still.

“Reece,” Ash growled warningly.

I sat back and just looked at him. My face void of all emotion not giving anything away. Ash went to pull me back to him and I stood moving away from both of them.

“What?” Reece questioned. “You’re an idiot and an ass, Ash. Acting all high and mighty when you don’t even know what you feel for her. I know Maddie is the one I want. Can you say the same?”

“You had no right to say that,” Ash hissed at him.

“It’s the truth,” Reece spat. “You’ve blind to it for all those years yet now when Blake wants her you suddenly feel differently for her? Isn’t that a little strange?”

I stiffened at that. A small part of me, the anxious self-conscious part latched onto Reece’s words and ate them up. What if he’s onto something? What if Ash only wants you because someone else does? What if-?

Shut up!  I snapped back shaking my head furiously.

“Shut up,” Ash echoed out loud in rage.

 I snatched a robe, Maddie’s since she’d stolen and hidden mine somewhere, and pulled it on. I sat on Maddie’s bed quietly and watched the two face off.

“What? Won’t answer the question, Ash? Am I right?” Reece quizzed.

“I’m warning you,” Ash rose to his feet and Reece quickly followed. The tension rose with them and I huffed as I heard the shower turn off as Maddie listened in.

“Please, I don’t give a shit about your warning. I want to know are you playing Belle?” Reece questioned in a low growling voice.

My eyes darted to the bathroom door and I frowned. Why was Reece suddenly caring about me? One word: Maddie. Had she put him up to this?

“It’s none of your business. I would never-.”

“Hurt her?” Reece chuckled darkly. “You already have, dumbass. Stop lying to yourself! Have you even properly apologised to her? Huh? Other than saying ‘you’re sorry’?”

Ash darted a glance at me and just clenched his fists.

“If you really cared for her you would have done something for her! Taken her out?” Reece threw his hands up in the air in frustration. “God! You are pathetic!”

“Enough,” I whispered.

They ignored me of course.

Ash snarled and wrapped his hand around Reece’s throat. “I said shut up and I meant it. This is none of your concern!”

Reece shoved him away and he stumbled. “It is!”

Before they could attack each other, I glowered at the bathroom door and screamed “ENOUGH!”

Both alpha’s froze and turned to me. I silently pointed to the door. “Get out.”

“Belle,” Ash whispered.

“No, don’t! I want to be alone! Now get out!” I shouted standing and pushing them both to the door. “I don’t want to talk to you!”

“Isabelle, I didn’t mean to-,” I cut Reece’s apology off my shoving him so hard he tripped over his feet out of the door.

“Well you did,” I shook my head and folded my arms turning to Ash.

“Belle I-,” he swallowed and ran his hand through his hair. “I need to...I don’t know how to...ugh, I’m not doing this right.”

“Then leave,” I said.

“No, I want to-.”

“Well I don’t,” I murmured. “Please go.”

He raised his hand but let it fall again and sighed heavily before leaving with a last glance at me. I shut the door behind him and blinked back pointless tears.

I clenched my hand on the handle when the bathroom door opened. The metal warped and dented and I let it go staring at the mess I’d made.

“Belle, I-,” Maddie murmured.

I turned and let her see what I was struggling to hold back. Her eyes widened in shock and I laughed bitterly at her. “I hope you’re happy.”

“Belle I-,” she tried again but I brushed past her into the bathroom and slammed the door shush. Only when I was in the shower did I let the dam break and the tears fall. I couldn’t hold back the flood of emotions that followed and I sobbed knowing that Maddie and possibly everyone else could hear it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 180K 39
Jade Emmerson was born to two wolf parents but has a dormant gene that practically makes her human. When she found out Cameron was her mate she insta...
3.1K 51 6
Reese was born an abomination. A Freak. Or so she'd always been told by the pack of seaside wolves she'd been born into, including the pack's leader...
695K 22.4K 37
There once were two wolves who each lost a mate. Against all odds, they were brought together through an arrangement. Emerson, Alpha of the Ni...
2.2K 23 29
I will switch to other POV throughout the story. Non-traditional ABO, Alpha, Beta, Omega Dynamics. Trigger Warning Explicit smut in details through...