Lyra

By _Annika_Bautista_

Lyra was the quiet one in her group of friends. She rarely tells her secrets to her friend, because she just... More

Chapter 1 - Intro
Chapter 2 - Changes
Chapter 3 - Seen
Chapter 4 - Those Dark Eyes
Chapter 5 - Not Scared
Chapter 6 - Missing
Chapter 7 - Crossed Out Eyes
Chapter 8 - Haunting Memories
Chapter 9 - Never
Chapter 10 - Lyra's secrets
Chapter 11 - ...
Chapter 12 - Little boy
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 - A burned boy and a journal
Chapter 15 - First page, first questionnaire
Chapter 17 - Heaven's mother is a liar
Chapter 18 - Signs of insanity
Chapter 19
Author's note:

Chapter 16 - Lana

27 1 0
By _Annika_Bautista_

"Nevaeh, wake-" She stopped at the doorway, staring at me. "-up."

I secured the bandages around my right hand with a clip and I looked up at her. "Good morning." I greeted her with the most ginger I can manage.

"What happened?" My mom asked as she walks in, closes the door bahind her and took my hand in her hands. "Tell me what happened."

I touched a magical book that burns anything that touches its pages. "Woke up in the middle of the night, reached over my end table for my glasses, knocked down my make-up pouch and all of the sharp things dropped on my hand." Of course, it was a lie.

She looked over my shoulder and saw that my end table was neat and clean, the rarely used make-up pouch organized and not a trace of blood. "How come it's clean? Isn't that hard to clean up 'cause of your hand?"

Fuck off, mom. And you think I couldn't do it with a hurt hand? Really, you're just trying my patience.

"Mom." I looked straight into her eyes. "I managed to do it, okay?" I rolled my eyes. Gosh, moms are so annoying.

She just stared at me for a minute and put a smile on her face. "Okay, then. You have to go or go or else-"

"Yeah, yeah. I know the drill." She giggled and patted the top of my head.

Sometimes, mom is just so weird.

She went out and left me to get ready. So, I take Lyra's journal and other things I needed and put them in my bag.

It's gonna be a long day.

* * *

People are annoying.

"Hey, Bea. Hey, Bea. Hey, Bea. Hey, Bea."

"What?" I finally asked. There's no point in ignoring the annoying.

"How can you do that?"

"Do what?" She asked, a confused look on her face.

"Ignoring people that are very annoying."

"I don't." It was my turn to give a confused look. She sighed. "I don't ignore them, I listen to them. I listen to their rants and never answer back."

How, Lyra, how? It's hard. The urge to answer back is too much to bare.

"What happened to your hand?" Victoria pointed to my bandaged hand, that still throbs and twitches at times.

"An accident in the middle of the night."

"Really? What happened?" I sighed and told her what I told mom.

"Make-up must have hated you." Jasmine remarked and tossed her hair back. Like I said, annoying people.

"Next time, be more careful."

Ugh.

"Alright, Jasmine." I ducked my head and rolled my eyes.

Sure, I'll be more careful. In fact, I'll be even more careful when it actually happens!

"Oh my gosh! I just remembered!" She tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear and put her hands on the table. "You all know that my dad owns a recording industry. So, in my 17th birthday he's going to record me singing and he's going to send it to a music scout."

Pssh, keep dreaming bitch. Your voice sounds like a dying animal.

I still don't get why we keep her in our group. Well, she is the one who suddenly sat with us in 7th grade, she can go whenever she wants. But, she stayed. And it annoyed all of us.

"Stephanie." I called for Stephen.

"Don't call me that." He grumbled.

I chuckled. "How much time do we have until we go to class?" I asked him.

He checked his watch. "Uh, 15 minutes, why?"

"Text me when you're going to Lit." I told him and took my bag and went outside the cafeteria.

I went outside to the back of the school. I swept away snow on the stone bench and sat down, I took out Lyra's journal.

I opened it to the next page to find it blank. I tried doong the same thing I did a while ago, but nothing happened. Just then, a word written in bold, cursive font appeared.

Ink

Ink. Do I have to write something? I took out my pen case and slid one gel pen out. I tried touching the page with the tip of the pen, a snall dot of black ink was left behind. Then the text appeared, just like how it did with the other page, but starting from the top.

August 11, 2014

Ugh, Sunday, I hate that day. It's not that it's the day before Monday, which others hate because they are lazy and don't like to go to work or go to school. It just reminds me of something.

"Hey, Nevaeh." I looked up from the journal.

"Hi, Lana." I greeted back.

Despite disturbing my reading, I was quite happy to see her. She was that one girl who was different from others and she seemed special.

She's the emo, or goth, or whatever. She wears black a lot and never goes a day without accessories and one ear with no ear ring. The only article of make-up she puts on is eyeliner, mascara and lipstick, and of course, it has to be dark colored.

She was wearing a black crop top with a heart that had thorns sticking out of it and two knives stabbed into it with a jacket over, she was wearing grey tights and a black skaters skirt and a coat finished her outfit with matching boots, which is typical. Her hair had purple streaks and she wore fingerless gloves and her nails were painted black. Gum lay between her two rows of teeth as she stared at me.

"Isn't that Lyra's journal?" She asked, her arms crossed.

"Yep."

"Hmm, I never thought that she had the same taste as me." She stated.

A puzzled look appeared on my face and I queried, "What do you mean?"

She stuck her hand out and gestured for the book. Hesitantly, I handed it to her and watched as her hand twitched when she finally held the book. "Whoa, and she's into witchery also."

"What?"

She sighed and blew into her gum, creating a bubble and immediately popping it. She sat down next to me and brandished the journal. "See these marks on the cover, these aren't just designs -and I guess you've probably known that. This is ancient writing. Satists in the early ages made it up, and legend says that it even reached Hell itself, making it the writing system of the Underworld. Only Satists that lived many years back know about this, and to you, demons and the devil don't exist, but they supposedly know how to write this."

I was going to ask how she knows about these signs -which I've only known now that they aren't design, but I've completely forgotten what she's like. She is a goth, she must be crazy about things like these.

"And how about the witchcraft?"

She chuckled. "I wouldn't call it that. These signs are insignes that shows us that whoever casted the protection spell is not a regular witch. Who knows, maybe the one who casted the spell was a demon." She took a deep breath and continued talking, "Whoever touches this piece of leather and paper well get electrocuted. The first electrocution will only determine if the person who is holding it is as the same kind of its owner. Once the spell finds out that the holder is not the same kind as the owner, it will send millions of shock through the body until it releases it. And if the person does not stop touching it, he or she dies."

My jaw dropped open and I was left to drill holes into her skull as she examines the journal. And then she smiles at me and looks down at my bandaged hand.

"Close your mouth, you don't want the frostbites to freeze your tongue, do you?" She smiled at me and pushed my chin up to close my mouth.

"W-What-" I was cut off by the beeping of my phone. I took it out of it's pocket of my bag and saw that it was a text from Stephen. I looked back at Lana and saw that she wasn't there anymore.

A shiver ran up my spine and I quickly finish up the journal entry.

Sunday reminds me of a person that I want to forget. Every Sunday, we go out or call each other. But now that she lives in a cabin, miles away from other houses and civilization, she is isolated. The only times we see each other is at school, but we don't talk to each other.

Clearly, she doesn't want to talk to me. Or she wishes that she never did meet me. I know that having my mother as her nurse when she is being taken to her check ups reminds her of me, which is a bother.

But to hell with her! I have more friends...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Invictus By Ellie

Teen Fiction

868 59 7
"Anybody who would get near her would turn into Icarus that came too close to the sun." •••• Those monsters conceal themselves behind a mask of norma...
888K 39.7K 146
"There is no evil in sorcery. Only in the hearts of men." - Merlin Almost everyone in the wizard community know who the Weasley Family is; an old lin...
60.2K 1.9K 43
Lyra Malfoy is what everyone expects her to be. Rich, stuck-up, and a traditionalist pure-blood by heart. But she is also beautiful, intelligent, and...
181K 4.5K 26
Lyra Black is the daughter of Sirius Black. She's been through a lot throughout her seventeen years of life. As soon as she turned seventeen, she ran...