๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐Š๐˜ ๐๐”๐’๐ˆ๐๐„๐’๐’...

Door queensassy20

โ› ๐—•๐—˜๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—” ๐—–๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—”๐—š๐—ข ๐——๐—˜๐—ง๐—˜๐—–๐—ง๐—œ๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ž๐—ฌ ๐—•๐—จ๐—ฆ๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ฆ ๐—œ ๐—ก๐—˜๐—˜๐——... Meer

๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง.
๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ - ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ธ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐˜๐˜„๐—ผ - ๐—ฎ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ.
๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ - ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜†๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ๐ญ๐ฒ.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ÿ

๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ.

4.7K 130 11
Door queensassy20

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter six. conventions.

After getting out of the shower and getting changed, Maxine grabs her gun from its safe, under the night side table, and puts it in its holster.

The brunette girl walks out into her living room to see her partner getting off of her couch and she laughs, "long night?"

"You tell me? Sorry, I fell asleep on your couch again" he says, rubbing away the sleepiness from his eyes.

"I know, second time this week." She jokes and he gives her a look, "kidding. You can always sleep on my couch if you need too"

Jay smirks, "thanks" then he grabs his jacket from the back of the couch, "I should go home and change before shift" as he walks towards the door, "see you there"

🪩🪩🪩

Mickey walks into the district, giving an officer a fist bump then says, "morning, Sarg"

Trudy nods her head then sees Erin and smiles, "Erin. Good morning"

Erin just waves at the desk sergeant, following her partner up the stairs to get to the unit and Mickey says, "have you noticed that Platt, like, loves you for some reason?"

"Do you own a suit?"

"Yeah. Why?"

Erin puts her hand on the palm scanner and says, "you're going with me to my high school reunion." then when the caged door buzzed for her to enter, she opens it and says, "also, we're engaged" then she continues up to the unit. Mickey gives his partner a blank stare and says, "wait" following her up the stairs.

Maxine locks her car and heads inside the roll up where Adam catches up with his best friend and says, "Hey smiley"

Maxine goes to look at her best friend, her smile still visible on her face and says, "hey"

"Why are you so smiley?"

Maxine shrugs and says, "no reason"

Adam raises an eyebrow and says, "uh-huh" before they head up the stairs to the unit.

~~~

"Media's calling him the riverwalk killer." Voight explains to his team, where he and Dawson stand in front of the whiteboard where pictures and a birds eye view of the riverwalk are posted, "Mayor is flipping out on the superintendent, who's flipping out on the Chief. None of that matters to me. Two young women are dead and we're out through something so horrific...it ain't gonna happen again."

"There's no witnesses. Area central searched every crime scene and came up blank on physical evidence." Dawson explains.

"Pods?" Adam asks.

"Zero"

"Detectives from special victims unit in New York are en route right now to help out." Hank says.

"They also had two victims killed in their city two days apart. And traffic cameras picked up a male, white, 5'10, wearing a hoodie, following both victims. But they couldn't get a clear visual on his face" Erin says, sitting at her desk, where Maxine was standing behind her, leaning on the windowsill.

"What about registered sex offenders?" Jay asks.

"Nothing pops. Plus no DNA yet, off any of the victims" Jin says.

"Hey. We're not waiting around for that. We get proactive. Boots on the ground. I want everyone working the river, looking for suspicious behavior. Dress the part" Hank orders.

🪩🪩🪩

After finding a suspect at the river walk, Adam slams him against the car as Jin and Voight approach the others on the sidewalk and Mickey says, "Theo Mitchell. And I don't think he's our guy"

"Based on?" Hank asks. Mickey holds up a few evidence bags and says, "found four wallets and three watches on him. He's a pickpocket, a purse snatcher. Four arrests in the last ten years along those lines."

"And nothing violent. No rape, no murder. Not even sexual assault" Maxine explains.

"What!" The man exclaims.

"What do you think?" Hank asks Antonio.

"Let's bring him in"

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine walks into the locker room to see Mickey closing his locker and she says, "hey, thanks for splurging at the diner the other night"

Mickey laughs and says, "anytime"

"Hey, um, I was thinking . . . would you wanna go to Molly's with me once the case is finished?"

Mickey raises an eyebrow and says, "are you asking me out Bishop?"

"Whattt? No. Just a friendly drink with a couple co workers is all"

"You know i'd love to Max. But erin practically demanded I go to this high school reunion with her"

"Oh" she simply says, twisting her thumbs around each other, "okay, yeah"

"Is that alright?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?" Maxine then clears her throat, "we should, um, get back to the bullpen. Those New York detectives should be here soon" then she walks away leaving Mickey very confused.

~~~

"Hey" Hank says, walking over to the two detectives from New York who are walking up the stairs with Burgess, "appreciate you coming"

"Of course" Rollins says, giving the man a handshake.

"Hank Voight" he tells Fin, giving him a handshake.

Once everyone says hi and exchanges names, Fin says, "You guys are nice. What's up with that battle ax downstairs?" making everyone chuckle.

"There isn't enough time in the day" Al says.

Once everyone gets settled in, Fin and Rollins stand at the whiteboard to get ready to discuss the case and Fin says, "start looking for patterns, obviously. Why New York and now Chicago? Is this guy a salesman, and this just happens to be his route? Maybe an interstate trucker"

"Yeah. The only commonality that we could find that might be worth pursuing is, there was a manufacturing trade show convention in New York, at the time of our rape murders. Now, that convention is now here in town, at the Rettendon center?" Amanda says.

Maxine looks at Adam, and punches his arm for the way he was gawking at her. "Ow"

"Stop it" she whispers.

"Rittenhouse. Yeah" Voight says, going to grab the file from the blonde to give to, "Jin"

"On it" Jim says, taking the file and leaving the bullpen. Maxine crosses her arms and asks, "so who is this guy? What are we looking for?"

"This perp has been elevated to serial killer status. I mean, in terms of the rape murder, there are five different profile psyches. I think we're looking at an anger retaliatory rapist." Rollins explains.

"Why the ear?" Adam asks, "I mean, I get that he's a sadistic son of a bitch and everything, but is he trying to establish some sort of cred? Or..."

"Usually as a souvenir, or a trophy. Sometimes they even make shrines." Fin states.

"Yuck"

"How long we have you guys for?" Hank asks.

"As long as you need" Rollins says.

🪩🪩🪩

After Theo Mitchell ids a suspect from a list Jin got. Maxine and Jay head over to the hotel to talk to him.

While they wait for conference to be over, Maxine sits next to her partner on the bench and Jay looks over at her and says, "you know what I think?"

"And what's that?"

"Besides this hangover I'm trying to get rid of. I think you like having me over at your place, so you can get me drunk and have your way with me"

Maxine laughs and says, "oh yeah? I'm pretty sure I could have my way with you when you're sober, thank you"

"Oh, so you do want to have your way with me?" He laughs. Maxine rolls her eyes and says, "shut up" then she notices the doors opening and she stands up, waiting for their suspect and she points to a tall, blonde male and says, "there"

"Jeffrey Baker" Maxine says, as they approach the male.

"Yes?"

"Detectives Bishop and Halstead. Chicago PD" Maxine says, showing her badge.

"Apparently, There's been some damage to your hotel room. Housekeeping made a complaint. Would you mind coming with us to talk about it?" Jay says. Baker scoffs and says, "I didn't do any damage to my hotel room"

"Great. You can clear all that up, down at the district" Jay says, standing aside, making a clear path for the taller man to walk past him, "after you"

🪩🪩🪩

"How long have you been in town?" Maxine asks, as she and Jay sit and talk with Jeffrey Baker in interrogation.

"Five days" he answers.

"Hmm. From Saint Louis." Maxine says, unscrewing the cap of a water bottle to pour into a plastic cup.

"That's right"

"Have you been to the riverwalk at all, Jeffrey?" Jay asks.

"What does that have to do with my hotel room?"

"I'll ask you again, you been to the riverwalk?"

"I have"

"When?"

Jeffrey laughs and says, "forgive me. But I get the sneaking suspicion that I'm not here about a hotel room."

"Why else would we bring you in?" Maxine asks, taking a sip of the water.

"I haven't the foggiest"

"Oh. Would you like some water?" Maxine asks, passing the blonde man a bottle and a cup.

"No, thank you"

"What days and times were you at the riverwalk?" Jay asks.

"Do you get the internet here?" Baker asks, making Jay raise an eyebrow, "cause there's this great video, on YouTube, by this law school professor. And he's very articulate, and he makes a very compelling and convincing argument. It's called, 'don't talk to cops'. No offense"

Jay quickly gets up from his chair and gets into Baker's face and says, "you're not in Saint Louis, Jeffrey. We've had two rape murders here in the last few days, where the women were mutilated. Now, you're gonna answer some questions about that." making the blonde man grin, "wipe that stupid smile off your face"

"I will remove the smile, as requested and tell you, very seriously, that you have the wrong guy"

Maxine leans forward, sliding a pad and pen towards the suspect and says, "we want the time and dates you were at the riverwalk"

Antonio opens the door and peeks his head in and nods for them to come out. As the detectives get up to leave, Maxine points to the notepad and says, "get writing"

Maxine closes the door behind them, meeting Antonio in the hall who says, "There's been another rape down at the riverwalk. Victim survived. She's at Chicago med"

~~~

"Okay, so if the perp was rational, I mean, he'd leave town, knowing that the heat is on." Rollins says, leaning on the corner of Jules' old desk, "but there's a good chance he's not. So, most likely, he's angrier. He's more fixated because his needs went unmet."

"He probably has a good idea that he left DNA under the victims fingernails. And it's only a matter of time before he gets ID'd. So he's gonna need to strike soon, while he has a chance" Fin says.

"Alright. Hospitals and clinics. Check with foot patrol down at the riverwalk. Beat the bushes on this guy" Hank says.

"Hey. Where's Burgess?" Antonio asks Jay and Maxine, who are talking at their desks. They both shrug and Jay says, "haven't seen her"

🪩🪩🪩

After some excellent police work by Burgess, the intelligence unit does a stake out at the hotel fauntleroy.

"Halstead and Bishop" Dawson says over his walkie, where he sits in the car with Voight in the front of the hotel.

"Parked. We got eyes in the back" Jay says.

"Jacobs and Lindsay"

"Parked on the side where the emergency exit is" Erin states.

"O and Ruzek?"

"Lobby. Vance is not in his room" Al says.

"Stay put" Hank says.

"Hey, I was thinking" Jay says. Maxine rolls her eyes and says, "again?"

"Nice"

"Kidding. What?"

"There's some movie premiere tomorrow night. My friend gave me tickets. Says he can't make it. You wanna go with me?"

"Really? What movie?"

"It's the new captain America movie"

Maxine smiles big, "seriously? Hell yes"

"Sweet"

"Mackinaw island" Erin blurts out.

"What?" Mickey says.

"That's where we met. I was at a leadership conference, and you were picking out property for a summer retreat."

"Of course I was"

"It all went down at the grand hotel, fireworks, candlelight."

"This is good. This tells me a lot about you" Mickey jokes.

"I am adding color to our story. It's just like undercover. The details sell it."

"Yeah. Just like going undercover"

"What?"

Mickey laughs and says, "it's ridiculous"

"You have no idea what kind of bitches these girls can be"

"Jeffrey Baker just walked into the lobby" Adam says over his walkie.

"Take him" Hank says.

A couple minutes later, Als voice appears over the walkie, "suspects exiting out the front door"

Hank starts the engine and takes off, going to block in the blonde male who is running from Al.

Dawson gets out and asks, "what are you doing here, Jeffrey?"

"Just out for a stroll" he answers. Dawson starts to pat him down when Adam runs out and says, "lady at the front desk said he was asking what room Neil Vance was staying in"

"Where's Vance?" Voight asks as Antonio cuffs him.

"I want a lawyer"

🪩🪩🪩

"Bakers from Saint Louis, Vance is from Shreveport. Not sure how they would have met" Antonio says, as everyone is gathered around the whiteboard.

"Some deviant chat rooms, most likely" Fin states.

"Baker travels for his conventions. Maybe Vance meets him there. Bakers the lookout, while Vance does the crime." Mickey says.

"It's a dyad" Rollins says, then looks around at the others, "when both partners plan and commit the crime together. But there's usually a dominant-submissive relationship."

"Like the Columbine killers, the DC snipers, the menendez brothers, those two yahoos who blew up the Boston marathon." Fin says.

"Yeah. The dominant force is psychopathic and/or sadistic. The submissive partner is depressed. He's dependent. And the leader is gonna be charismatic, you know, enthusiastic. He's looking for a follower to manipulate. While the subordinated, he's vulnerable, he feels lost, he needs someone to lead him."

"Bakers the dominant one. Guaranteed" Maxine states.

"Where's Baker right now?" Fin asks.

"He's in the interview room. All lawyered up" Adam states.

"Not for long. Put him in the cage." Hank says, walking away. Fin furrows his eyebrows and leans in closer to Bishop and asks, "what's the cage?"

Maxine raises an eyebrow and the detective immediately stops asking.

🪩🪩🪩

After Hank gets Baker to tell him where Vance is. The intelligence team heads to the navy pier and gather around Voight who says, "spread out"

After what seems like forever, searching through the crowd for Vance. Ruzek calls through the walkie that he spots him, who then starts running and grabs a woman, pointing a knife at her.

While Ruzek talks Vance down, Al, Mickey and Jay set up on a two tier bus with a sniper rifle.

"al, if you have the shot. Take it" Hank says. And a minute later, that's what Al does.

🪩🪩🪩

"That was so good." Maxine beams as she and Jay leave the movie theatre.

"Tell me about it" he says, as they stop on the sidewalk, "hey, you wanna grab a bite?"

Maxine places her hands on her stomach and says, "I think I ate too much popcorn. Maybe you can stay on my couch again?"

Jay smiles and says, "I think I better give your couch a break for a bit"

Maxine shrugs and says, "if you say so"

"Let's get you home then" he says, taking a hold of her hand, interlocking their fingers together, which gives Maxine butterfly's. It's only a small gesture, but it means a lot.

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine closes her door behind her after Jay dropped her off when there was a knock. She smiles and goes to open it when she sees Mickey standing there.

"Hey" she says surprised, "what are you doing here?"

"Wanted to see you. Can I come in?"

Maxine stands to the side to let her ex boyfriend in and says, "how was the reunion with Erin?"

"Didn't end up going."

"Oh" she says, closing the door.

"I miss you, Max"

Maxine sighs and says, "Mick, come on"

"Don't act like you weren't jealous when I told you Erin asked me to her reunion"

Maxine folds her arms over each other and says, "I wasn't"

"Bull, Max. I can read you like a book"

Maxine rolls her eyes and says, "whatever you need to help you sleep at night"

Mickey walks closer to the brunette, their faces inches apart, and he goes to tuck some of Maxines hair behind her ear. "I still love you, Max"

"What?"

"Don't you miss us?"

"We're not them anymore, Mickey. Things have changed"

Mickey groans feeling frustrated, "stop acting like you don't care. When it's eating you up inside"

"You left me, remember?" Maxine says, before walking away to her bedroom.

"Because I had to, not because I wanted to. It was the rangers. I didn't have a choice" he says, following after the brunette.

"Yeah. You keep saying that"

"I said I was sorry"

"Is that supposed to make me feel better? I loved you! And you left me and didn't come back. I was alone. I needed you" she says, stray tears leaving her brown eyes.

"Max, I—"

"Just get out. Why'd you even come here?"

Mickey looks down. "I'm sorry" he whispers before leaving.

authors note;

🥺🥺🥺

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

21.1K 388 35
โ"๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ต?" ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๏ฟฝ...
622K 10.6K 35
โ› ๐—›๐—˜ ๐— ๐—”๐——๐—˜ ๐— ๐—˜ ๐—•๐—˜๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—˜๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—”๐—š๐—”๐—œ๐—ก . . . โœ ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—›, ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ป๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ด...
45.6K 1.9K 65
โ› ๐—œ'๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—•๐—˜๐—˜๐—ก ๐——๐—˜๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—ช๐—œ๐—ง๐—› ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ž๐—ฌ ๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐— ๐—ฌ ๐—ช๐—›๐—ข๐—Ÿ๐—˜ ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—™๐—˜. ๐—•๐—จ๐—ง ๐—ช๐—œ๐—ง๐—› ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ-๐—œ ๐—–๐—ข๐—จ๐—Ÿ๐—— ๐—ก๐—˜๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ž ๏ฟฝ...