oneshots

By misasaurus

Idols from various groups x reader -mostly female reader -oneshots -ATEEZ, BTS, SVT mainly -All genres -horro... More

Sky Pirates
Bathroom Adventure
The Lift
Hospital Playlist
Petite Gamble
Kitten
Yakimochi
Jock?
Hug
Trapped
The Doll
Selfish
Running Into the night
The thief
Dreamcatcher
The White Snake's Bride 2
Bloody Love
Rental Boyfriend - Bang Chan
Parasite
No Way out
Bandits - Ateez
Blood Camp - Seventeen
Entwined - Choi Jongho
Horror Movie - Hongjoong
Style - Kim Mingyu
Must have been The wind - YS
Runaway - Anonymous
The white snake's bride
Coffee Shop - Joshua
Into the 5 Seconds
The Note.
Hypnosis
Vante
Healing Hearts- Wonwoo
Imitation
The Vineyard- XuMinghao
Denial - Joshua
Victorious | Woosan
Know Me|Taehyung

Disguise

86 1 0
By misasaurus

Mother's pov

It's just another Sunday morning as I stand in the kitchen making fresh pancakes for my lovely daughter who is still in bed.
Lately she is pursuing her graduation and as far as I know, her major focus is on her studies and career.

Knowing that I will always be there for her to to save her from the various mishaps of life, I whistle my way around the fridge as I hear the doorbell ring.
" Honey ope-",

how can I forget that he does not live with us anymore.
If only he was......

I wouldn't have to deal with this every weekend.

Shaking off the anxiety I turn my steps towards the door hurriedly,
in case my daughter wakes up.
The door bells are Furious as if someone desperately wants the door to be answered

Taking my time in opening the door,
I am met with the sight of a bouquet filled with orange and white Amaryllis flowers which symbolize 'splendid beauty' and a wrapped box, just as every weekend.

Strangely today, there was another packet which looked like it had a letter.
I opened it slightly and took out the paper. It read,

"My dearest Y/N's mother,

I know you don't let any of my gifts be received by your beloved daughter.
I get so. You're trying to protect her.
But why protect her from her guardian angel himself?

I know you won't stop, so I think it's about time I give you some presents as well.
So long,
Yours Faithfully."

I sigh in defeat.
Wrapping it up, I pushed my hand further into the packet only to be surprised at the sight of a Black rose.

Black rose...

The time has come. It is now necessary for me to send my daughter far away by any means necessary.
This man... Is not here to play.

.
.
.

*Timeskip 2 years*

Y/N's pov

Opening the window of my apartment in Chicago, I feel the cold wind rush in.
I wonder what great deeds I did in my past life to be experiencing all this.

Everything has been perfect, I don't have to work part time since my mom sends me living expenses. My graduation is gonna be completed soon..
The only flaw is that lately, my mom hasn't been calling me.
It's been almost fifteen days now.
I don't have any other relatives ever since dad left us, so I can't get in contact with her.
She must be fine.. Right?

I suddenly got a call from my landlady asking for the rent.
I transfer her the dollars which were supposed to be my reserve money.

Mom forgot to send me money this month.
Maybe the profits weren't stacking up.

I guess I gotta catch part time jobs now.
.
.
About two days later, I got a call from Daegu, my hometown.
It was from

.. the Daegu Beaurae of Crimes.

A man with a deep voice informed me that my mom is not alive anymore and I need to visit Daegu to claim her corpse in order to start an investigation.

Devastated at the news, I couldn't stop blaming myself for not taking up any and every means to contact her.
There's so much she wanted to tell me on our last call...
But I had to catch up with friends.
I can't believe I prioritized my friends over my mother, who worked so hard alone to bring me where I am.

I wish I could say her goodbye for one last time.

If I could hear her out one last time.

.
.
.

I reached Daegu today and took a taxi to my ancestral home.

"What the hell.. This can't be happening!!",
I was enraged at the notice hung on the gate.

"Confiscated Property.
DO NOT TRESPASS"

But this.... This is my house.
My father left this only amenity for my small powerless family... And apart from them..

I have nowhere to go..

No one to go to..

I tried to suppress my eyes heavily laden with tears, but to no avail.
Heavy tears escape my eyes the more I think about how it's like a tonn of snow suddenly piled up over me.

There was an unshakable burden of guilt in my heart.
Topping it, was the fear of being stranded alone of the streets.

I have no money now to go back.. My phone's battery is about to die just like my body's.

I trudge on the path leading to the house to pay one last visit inside and grab every memory I can.

"This Bonsai", tears decided to escape my eyes again.. "we grew it together", I said picking it up.
I walked through the house and put random things in my bag including the only picture of our broken family.

While I was busy shedding tears, a throat clearing voice was heard behind me.

"Choi Y/n?", a deep and intimidating male voice questioned.

There seemed to be less authority and more compassion in the voice.
COULD IT BE MY-

I ran towards the light to see the face of the owner of the voice, but my expectations suddenly dropped, tears threatening to fall any minute.

How stupid of me to think that my father would come here for me.

Without wasting another minute, he came over and held my fragile self in his embrace.
"I know it must be too much for you to take.... Please just hold on"

My sobs quietened.

"I'm Officer Kim Taehyung, in charge of your mother's case", he quietly said helping me sit on the sofa nearby.

"for now we think she committed suicide because of loneliness which caused severe depression.
.
Because her body was found inside the house after the neighbours reported a foul smell in the residence."

Loneliness.
Depression?
How could I not sense it?
Why did I never look deeper?

I felt additionally pathetic at every word he said and fell down with my head in my hands. Tears not daring to stop.
The officer held me in his arms as he croutched beside me and I could feel him patting my head softly.
I had never thought that hugging a stranger could make my heart feel at ease.

"You can cry on my shoulder for however long you like... I understand how you're feeling rn.", his words imparted to me, an unsaid level of comfort.

After about four minutes when I regained my strength to get up on my feet, he said,
"Now Miss, let's go to the police station"

.
.
.
After telling me all the details they knew about the miserable death of my beloved mother, the officers advised me to stay in the vicinity of the town, in case they find some leads to the case.

Ofcourse, it isn't like I could go back now.
I abruptly left my dropout application and left the course without prior notice.. Its not like they would accept me back.
Not to forget, I don't even have enough money for the ticket now.

I trudged down the road looking for a sauna to spend my night at.
Saunas don't sound dangerous, but searching for one in the city, sure is.
Not that I cared about my situation.. Whatever happens to me now, I deserve it maybe.

I should've taken better care of the woman who gave her everything to me.

I sat on the bus stop near a local river, staring into glimmering water, unmoving like a stone sculpture, head in my hands, mind full of
thoughts.
I was startled when a car honked behind me.

Red and blue lights shone over my opaque figure casting a tall shadow behind.

Unable to fathom the reason, my eyes stayed glued to the door, which opened to reveal the officer I met back at my house.. Old house.

I didn't notice him then, but now that I see him, he has a strong built, dark brown hair slick back revealing his forehead with a stand or two hanging over, after a long day of duty.
His facial features were prominent and nothing one could forget after seeing.

He looked strong yet gentle at the same time as he walked over to me.

"Thinking of ending your story here?", he sat next to me without looking at me.

"uhmm", I denied.
"but now that you say it", I honestly reply looking towards the river.

"did you eat ever since you returned?", he asked looking around to see almost all shops being closed down.

"I have no appetite", I look down again.

"Here", he handed me his uniform jacket noticing the goosebumps on my body because of the chilly night breeze.

I took it without any hesitation because I wasn't really in a state to think things through.

"You can stay at my place until you find a job for yourself.
I heard you have nowhere to go", he quietly broke the silence.

"I mean that way I'd make sure you are safe and also you'd..stay updated with..your mom's case", he looked visibly flustered.

I would have been more than happy if he offered me the help when I was in my senses, but for now, I feel nothing but guilt.

"hm", I coldly said. 

His home was quite big, perhaps because he was a police officer with a high post.
It was spotlessly clean and very breathable.

"I have a spare room, so no need to be awkward", he said as he noticed me playing with my fingers.

"wait here I'll make us something to eat.", he left the hall where I sat on a couch.
This room was quite lavish with lots of warm lights and a fancy ottoman.
The couch was hella comfortable after a long day of flying and a series of shocks.

By the time he returned with some scrambled eggs and toasted bread, I already fell into a deep slumber.
Today was a lot of take in.

The next day, I woke up on the same couch in the afternoon, only to find the table in front of me, filled with food of all kinds,
There were fruits, coffee, eggs, bacon, juice, cans of soda, a bowl of rice, some side dishes and a heap of chocolates holding a note between them,

"I didn't know what you like, so I brought all :3
Please eat."

So this tough man knows how to take care of a woman huh.

Since he wasn't home, I guessed he had already gone for work.

Feeling comfortable with the emptiness around me, I decided to sort my emotions for the day and go on a lookout for a job from tomorrow.

.
.
At 7 in the evening, suddenly, the doorbell rang announcing the arrival of someone.
Nervousness started taking over me since I was in somebody else's house...and the owner wasn't even present.

At least it's a place safe from burglars since it's the house of a policeman.

I peeped through the hole to see no one outside.
A cold sweat broke as I nervously opened the door slowly.
What caught my eyes, made them go wide.

.
.
It was the officer with a big bouquet of colorful flowers, Tulips specifically.

"I heard Tulips symbolize Strength and positivity.", he raised his eyebrows playfully.

Unconsciously, a smile played on my lips and I made way for him to enter with the beautiful bouquet of flowers.

"Did you eat?
I'm sorry if it was weird... the breakfast table", he smiled nervously.

"I can't thank you enough Sir", I started, "for everything you've done for me...
Since last night and even right at this moment", I passionately look into his eyes which softened at my statement.

"I wonder how I can ever pay you back", I continued.

"You can pay me back by not calling me sir... My names Taehyung.. Kim Taehyung.
My friends call me V.. So you can too.", he shot an angelic smile at me.

"Also... By going out to eat with me.
Please I'm starving", he let out a chuckle.

I felt a spark in my heart. It's unusual to see such an intimidating handsome man chuckle.

"Sure", I shot a smile at him.

We had dinner in a motel diner and spend some time walking near the river because he said, it was good for my 'head to cool.'

The next few days weren't much work for him. Even after being a police officer, he barely did the rigorous duty and instead, invested his time on me.
We went shopping for some new clothes and groceries to the mall occasionally.
I insisted on preparing the meals instead of dining outside everyday as a repayment for his kindness.

Within a span of time we started to get closer.

From preparing breakfast in the morning to movie nights lasting till the break of dawn, there were moments I felt physically as well as emotionally closer to him.
We could generally hug each other and cuddle at times...
It was now as if I couldn't live without him.

"Will you marry me?", he romantically went down on his knees at this luxurious restaurant we came to for my birthday.

"Oh my god V, this is the best gift I could ever recieve", I gasped with hands placed over my mouth.

There was never i moment i didn't feel safe in his broad arms.

He was there, the day I needed someone the most. I know I would've jumped into the river and ended my life if he didn't come for me that day.
S

o I believe it's befitting to name my entire life to the person who made it beautiful.

"Do you, Kim Taehyung take y/n as your lawfully wedded wife.. Throght thick and thin.. Always and forever?"

"I do"
"I do too"

"You may kiss the bride"

A roar of cheers and sobs were heard across the ballroom where we were getting married. Dressed in full glory, drunk in love, we danced the whole night away.
I felt like the happiest girl in the universe...

until today when I was lovingly caressing the last picture of me and my mother in my bedroom.
I shed a few tears reminiscing the miserable days where I should have been there for her.
The inquiry came to a halt after two months or so since no leads were found and it was declared as a suicide case.
Once again tears engulfed by moist eyes
Until I was surprised by a folded paper which fell from inside the photo frame I had pressed against my chest.

It was a letter.

My fingers fumbled while opening the handwritten piece of paper as my eyes widened in curiosity.
The Letter said,

"My Dearest angel,

                 By the time you will be reading this, I might have already gone too far from your reach. Now there must only be my photo for you to hug.
I'm extremely sorry my angel for making you go through this.
            I wrote this letter on the day I felt like now I don't have much time left. Actually, there was something I should have told you when the time was right, but at that time, I prioritized saving you from these troubles.
Not that I regret it even a little bit, I always want you to have a burden free life.
But here's something I should have told you when things weren't so complicated.
                      So ever since your sophomore year, you had a stalker who wanted to enter your life disguised as a lover. He sent flowers to you everyday without an exception and I regularly put them in the bin outside our porch.
He sent about 250 letters addressed to you, all filled with lustful and corrupt thoughts.
I read them almost every day.
I had decided from the very first to keep you aloof from these powerful men with dirty intentions who, if given even a little bit attention, could wreck havoc in your life.
They are always disguised as beautiful guardian angels. So my dearest, don't ever be fooled by outward compassion.
                  I thought if I didn't return his gifts he would think that they all went to a wrong address and stop sending... But as time passed, he started sending threats in different forms. He would sometimes send black roses. Once he sent a dead bird in a cage.
That was the moment, I decided to send you far away from this town as well as myself. To keep you safe.
But soon he got notified of your absence.
Following that day, he got bolder and bolder.
He would show up at our house and threaten me physically and mentally manipulated me to tell your whereabouts. I made sure to never reveal a word about my baby.
My silence caused him to physically assault me, steal the papers and sell our house in rage.
It's crazy when devils hold authority.
                     My heart can't take this anymore love. Today I decide to kill myself for our sake.
Maybe if you never find this letter, you will always remain oblivious my child.
But if you are reading this.. Let me tell you,
If you are safe, and away from him, it's all worth it. None of my efforts go to waste if you are still in Chicago and far away from this town.
Far away from Kim Taehyung, the senior officer in our town's police force. "

My face dropped the moment I read the last line. Looking up, I see that beautiful face I dreadfully resent now, smiling at me with a box of pizza in his hands.
.
.
.

@jjoonwrites

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

866K 40.2K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
625K 38.1K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
13.2K 695 26
Having another restart for her wasn't anything that she expected. Especially, a chance to live once again in one condition, it's to be a matchmaker i...
1.7M 88.1K 43
"you still sleep with a plushie?" "his name is shiber." in which san has trouble sleeping and wooyoung loses a bet. warnings: some triggering themes...