Irresistible Danger

By AshtonLynne

After being caught outside the compound on your own, Negan decides to punish you in the best way possible ;) ... More

Chapter 1
The Big Bad Wolf
Dinner or Dessert?
Checkmate
Breaking Rules
Cool Leather & Hot Friction
A Brief Respite
Simmering Jealousy
The Truth Hurts
A Berry Big Surprise
Rollercoaster
A Dream Within A Dream
The First Cut is the Deepest
Logic Over Instinct
A Sweet Release
A Deal with the Devil
Capturing the King
A Suspicious Adversary
Supersize Me
Operation Dwight
An Enlightening Conversation
Greetings & Goodbyes
Jameson
The Hangover
Damage Control
Little Red & The Big Bad
Watch My Love Grow With Time
Crushed Berries
Hot Coals
The Punishment
The Confrontation
The Aftermath
Falling Into Place
Savior or Monster?
Bedside Confessions
A Steamy Surprise
Trust & Friendship
Just A Tray?
Active Imagination
Variety is the Spice of Life
Extending an Olive Branch
The Turning Point
Be Honest With Me
Anticipation
The Date
Slow Burn
Afterglow
A Midnight Snack
First Response
Semi-Rational Adults
Cloud Nine
Gentle Heat
Allies and Foes
Testing Boundaries
A Friendly Tip
A Wonderfully Well-F*cked Morning
We Need to Talk
Clearing the Board
PDA
Taking Care of Business
Exclusive Rights
Good Riddance
Sanctuary
A Life Worth Living

A Ship Has Sailed

3.4K 115 71
By AshtonLynne

***Author's Note: The title for this chapter will make more sense once you read it (as will the gif choice), and I am SO excited for y'all to read this one *smirks* ***

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

By the time the Sanctuary appeared through the trees, an orange halo had formed where the sun was edging towards the horizon. In another hour that orange would be joined with pink, and they would take over all of the remaining blue before being consumed by the black of night. The lighting gave the large building a bit of a glow, but it also accentuated shadows and dark corners, making them appear longer.

It served as a metaphorical reminder of whatever was happening between you and Negan. There had been a warm glow inside of you for the past 24 hours, since the resolution of the pregnancy test argument, and you wanted nothing more than to bask in the beauty of it. However, there were also still shadows and dark corners, parts that you were ignoring or straight up avoiding. You knew they wouldn't go away on their own, no matter how wonderful the glow, and only you and Negan could confront those shadows together. The question was if confronting them would make them disappear...or cause them to grow until they completely overtook that glow, like a cloudy night with no stars.

Your subconscious pulled out a large stick and began popping the intrusive thought bubbles, wanting no part of this damper on what had been a wonderful day. Agreeing for the moment, you tabled the thoughts, attention instead focusing on the upcoming front gate. There was a different guard on duty than when you left, due to the 6pm shift change that allowed both day and night guards the opportunity to attend dinner. But that wasn't what had your attention; no, what you were fixated on was the fact that, despite being only a few feet away from said gate, Negan was still holding your hand.

The guard's eyes were watching as you approached, so to pull away now would be even more obvious. Instead, you tried not to appear as though every muscle in your body was tensed with uncertainty as the gate swung open and you walked past. Negan only gave a slight nod of acknowledgement to the guard, before continuing on as if nothing had happened.

Sliding the guard a look out of the corner of your eye, you saw with a start that he was looking right back at you. Eyes darting forward, you tried to copy Negan's aloof demeanor and not look as though it was taking all of your mental energy to remember how to walk like a normal human being and not trip over air. Nothing to see here, my guy. Just a typical evening stroll with your volatile and totally-not-holding-my-hand-as-if-we're-a-couple leader.

Negan only let go of your hand when reaching the front door of the Sanctuary, so that he could pull open the heavy metal. He then stood back, arm braced at shoulder level to hold the door, and it took a good ten seconds of you awkwardly standing there to realize that he was waiting for you to go in first. Holy crap, Negan was being chivalrous, and in public! Your subconscious squealed at the gesture and darted inside, while your brain tipped its hat to him in thanks before also walking in. Still a bit stunned over what was now two blatantly affectionate gestures in front of anyone who happened to be watching, you silently ducked under his arm and entered the building.

Adding to your shock, once he had followed you inside and shut the door, he put a palm on your lower back to guide you down the hallway. The heat from his hand practically singed the thin fabric of your shirt with its silent possession, and it was so distracting that you almost missed it when he started making the turn to the stairwell that would lead back to his room. You felt a surge of relief that he wasn't just sending you back to your own room after the cold shoulder moment in the woods, and some of the ice shards that had earlier formed around your heart as protection started to thaw.

"Hold on," you said, putting a gentle hand on his forearm. When he looked down in question, you added, "Ben said he'd leave us some dinner leftovers in the kitchen's fridge."

You were glad that he didn't make a smartass quip at the mention of Ben, instead silently turning with you down a different hallway that led to the kitchen, his warm hand still present. You tensed a bit when passing a few community members in the hall, but if they noticed his touch, they didn't show it. Instead, they were too busy dropping to their knees and lowering their heads in greeting. Your subconscious loved this, strutting past as if a royal before its subjects. Negan barely acknowledged them, while you felt distinctly uncomfortable and hoped to never become desensitized to such an unsettling sight.

Arriving at the cafeteria, you entered the large empty space, which was dimly lit due to the fading evening light coming in from the windows. Passing the rows of tables and pushing open the swinging doors to the kitchen, you were surprised to see that, unlike in the cafeteria, the overhead lights were still on in here. Since the dish washers were usually the last to leave, you assumed they had forgotten to flick off the lights on their way out. You'd make sure to have a discussion with them tomorrow, since it was important not to waste precious electricity here. Negan and his engineering team might have a fancy setup going on that allowed such luxuries as working lights, but that didn't mean it was okay to abuse the privilege.

Crossing the tiled floor to the fridge, you had just opened the door and pulled out two small plastic containers of leftover tuna noodle casserole when there was a distinct and sudden thump. Whirling around, you glanced over at Negan, even though it was obvious he hadn't made the noise. His gaze was fixed on the entrance to the pantry, which was located at the back of the kitchen. It was apparent the sound had come from that direction, and it was too loud to have been caused by a rodent or a box falling over. No, it had definitely been more of a human-sized thump. Since no one was supposed to be in the kitchen after-hours, the thought of an intruder made a lump of fear rise in your throat.

Negan's gloved hands were now both wrapped around Lucille, and she hovered a few inches off his shoulder in the locked-and-loaded position as he confidently yet stealthily started across the kitchen. You followed a couple of feet behind, ready to throw the leftover casserole at any potential thief or walkers as a distraction so that Negan could beat them to death, if needed. You also still clutched Ricardo in your other hand, if the leftovers-to-the-face and Lucille-for-dessert plan wasn't enough. You tensed for action when Negan's own hands tightened on the bat and he stepped into the pantry's entryway.

"Don't fucking move," he growled in a voice so deadly that it would've caused bladder complications if you were on the receiving end of it.

A clatter of cans and a muffled, "Shit!" came from the pantry. You saw Negan's eyes go wide in shock, his mouth even dropping slightly open as the hands on Lucille relaxed and lowered. Now curious as hell, you came up behind him, standing on tiptoes and peeking over his shoulder for a view into the pantry. The sight that met your eyes almost made you drop both Ricardo and the food.

The first thing you registered was the tall, broad man who was quickly pulling his shirt down over his head to cover a well-muscled, not to mention well-furred, chest. Your brain recognized that it was Simon and was wondering what the hell he was doing undressing in the pantry, when movement behind him caught your attention. The second, slightly shorter figure was running nervous fingers through his disheveled hair and looked about to vomit with fear at being caught. Then his eyes traveled over Negan's shoulder and saw you were also standing there, and a flash of relief came across his face.

Since it was obvious there was no actual threat to your safety, you came up beside Negan and cleared your throat awkwardly before saying, "Hiya, Ben. Fancy seeing you here this late."

His face was so flushed that it was a wonder steam wasn't coming off his skin, but he played along with your attempt to diffuse the situation. His voice came out quiet and croaky when he said, "Yea, uh, must've lost track of time."

You wanted to rush forward with a squeal and give him a reassuring hug and high five for what had obviously been a hot and heavy make-out session with the man he'd been hardcore crushing on. However, you also realized that this situation could go downhill very quickly, depending on how Negan reacted to the revelation. There was also the uncertainty about how Simon would handle this, since you had no clue how open about his sexual interests he might or might not be.

That latter question was quickly answered when Simon put a proprietary arm around Ben's waist, looked at Negan with a huge, good ol' boy grin, and said, "Apologies for the lack of professional conduct. I dropped by to see how the dinner clean-up was going and, well, you know how one thing can lead to another."

He said the last with a bit of a glint in his eye, as if daring Negan to deny that yes, he did indeed know how one thing could lead to another, including here in this very kitchen. At least Simon and Ben had been smart enough to conceal themselves in the pantry, rather than fuck right on the counter for all to see, the way you and Negan had just a couple nights ago.

"Aren't you supposed to be on fucking duty somewhere?" Negan asked, voice low and full of threat. If Simon was currently leaving a guard post unattended, you knew he was in for a world of hurt.

However, instead of looking worried, the mustachioed grin got even wider as he joyfully said, "Nope! I switched out with Luis at 6, so my evening is free as a bird."

You had to give the man credit for appearing so relaxed and carefree, especially with a boss who could literally remove his head with a hefty swing standing semi-pissed in front of him. You weren't sure if Simon was just that confident, or if he was that unhinged. You hoped, for Ben's sake, that it was the former.

Negan unflinchingly stared Simon down for a couple of long seconds, until the other man quickly lost the grin and dutifully lowered his gaze to the floor. A glance at Ben showed he was wringing his hands together nervously and also staring down at the ground, as if hoping it would open up and swallow him whole.

Satisfied at the other men's show of deference, Negan finally growled out, "The fuck is it with all my fucking Saviors sneaking around at night to fuck the fucking kitchen staff."

Without waiting for a reply, he turned and marched back across the kitchen, towards the exit. Giving one last (and hopefully reassuring) look at a still-frozen-in-worry Ben, you scurried after him, stopping briefly at the cupboards to grab two forks and cups. When he reached the swinging doors and held them open for you to exit first, he threw sternly back over his shoulder, "You better fucking disinfect any surfaces you fucking desecrated."

He belied his terse tone by throwing a wink and smirk in your direction, though Simon and Ben obviously wouldn't be able to see it. Hoping that his nonverbals were a more telling predictor of how he felt about all of this than his verbals had been, you both crossed and exited the cafeteria, before starting the trek up to his private rooms.

You passed a few more community members in the halls, but if they found the sight of you and their leader walking together strange, you were too consumed with what had just happened in the kitchen to notice or care. It was obvious that Negan also had no fucks to give about being seen with you, since he twirled Lucille and whistled in that playful yet threatening way that only he could pull off.

When you reached his rooms, he led the way into his bedroom and over to the little black table with two white armchairs. Setting down the containers and forks on the table, and propping Ricardo up against the nearby armoire, you went into the bathroom to fill the two glasses in the sink. It was only when you had returned and settled into the chair to eat that you realized your mistake.

"Shit," you blurted, earning an eyebrow raise from the man already shoveling the first forkful of casserole into his mouth. "We didn't heat it up."

Giving an uncaring shrug, he said around the mouthful, "It's tuna and noodles. Tastes fucking fine cold."

Taking a tentative bite, you found that he was correct. Sure, it wasn't as gooey and creamy as when warm, but the flavor was still pretty darn good, so you forgave your lack of foresight in the face of processing the Ben and Simon situation.

The two of you ate in companionable silence, and you wondered if Negan's thoughts were as preoccupied with the events in the kitchen as yours were. Thankfully, you didn't have to wait long to learn that the answer was yes, Negan was definitely thinking about it. Out of nowhere, he let out a loud bark of laughter, causing you to jump and almost choke on the noodle you had been chewing.

At your questioning look, he said, "I'm just remembering the fucking priceless look on ol' Benny Boy's face when he saw me standing in that fucking entryway."

Hoping that his humorous response was a positive thing, and that Ben wasn't further on Negan's shit list, you questioned, "So you're not upset about him messing around with one of your most devoted Saviors?"

Giving a quick shake of his head, he stabbed more noodles with his fork. "Fuck no. Simon deserves a bit of fucking fun."

"What if it's more than just fun to them?"

You couldn't help the question, trying to figure out just how okay with all of this Negan really was. You knew that it wasn't only the fact that Ben had been caught in such a compromising and unprofessional position, but also that he had been caught with another man that could make this a potentially unsafe situation for him. Ben had always seemed to keep his interest in both men and women fairly quiet, which was his right to do so. If Negan showed any hint of discrimination, or gave any inclination that he would out Ben to the community, then you wouldn't hesitate to rain holy hell down on him.

Instead, Negan's unexpected response was, "Well then, if it's the real deal, I'll throw them a fucking congratulations party."

Unable to hide your look of pleasant surprise, he said, "What? People deserve to find some fucking happiness where they can in this dreary-as-shit world we're livin' in. So long as they continue to get their fucking duties done, and follow my fucking rules, I don't give a shit who they play 'hide the salami' with."

You were a bit stunned at his progressive and open-minded thinking, and it only caused you to warm towards him even more. It also made you want to stop being so quick to see the worst in him, and the worst in yourself for liking him so much. Pushing that self-doubt from earlier in the woods even further to the back of your head, your subconscious jammed it down into a metal box so your brain could click it shut with a padlock. There it would stay, along with all the other questions still left unanswered between you and Negan, until you felt more ready to open it up and deal with them.

Finishing the last bite of casserole and feeling pleasantly full, you then registered that another basic need wasn't being met: cleanliness. You felt a bit grimy from being out in the woods, not to mention the layer of dried sweat on your skin from both wandering around a hot forest and engaging in some extra-strenuous activities with Negan.

"Is it alright if I use your shower?"

You swore Negan's eyes darkened a shade at that, and his voice sounded a bit lower than usual when he answered. "What's mine is yours, doll."

Wow. Pretty sure your subconscious had just slithered to the floor in a pile of goo at the promise in both the words and his tone.

Rising on now-wobbly legs from the chair, you started towards the bathroom. Before you could overanalyze or second-guess the decision to death, you whipped the shirt up over your head and tossed it to the floor. Glancing back over your shoulder at him, you gave a playful grin and unhooked your bra while saying, "Care to join me?"

He was up out of the chair before the words even fully left your lips, and you had barely made it across the threshold of the bathroom before he was on you. Arms snagging around your waist, he turned you into him and crashed his lips down on yours.

The bathroom became littered with clothes as you hurriedly pulled them off each other before stumbling back into his massive shower. You abruptly yelped when he first turned on the water, the temperature borderline freezing as it pelted down on your bare back. He gave a husky chuckle and reached over to adjust the knobs, and you sighed in satisfaction when the stream heated up against your chilled flesh.

Trailing greedy hands across his warm skin, you followed the path of a water droplet down his chest while thinking back to the various times you had fantasized about this very moment, about him naked and wet and yours. When he bent down for a kiss, you swore he poured not just his desire but also, dare you say it, his emotions into the kiss. You had felt these tiny hints of vulnerability he was trying to share with you throughout the entire day, ever since waking up in your bed this morning. He was trying to show that although he was terrifyingly deadly and intimidating as fuck with everyone else, he could be caring and gentle with you.

And how had you reacted? By shutting down and questioning his motives. There was a part of you that still refused to fully believe this would last, but maybe it was time to start enjoying it while you could, and not think too much about tomorrow. Suddenly, you wanted to reciprocate, to show that you had noticed how hard he had been trying to connect. And while maybe words would work, you and Negan's communication skills had always been more about nonverbals and actions.

Pulling back from the kiss and visually drinking him in, you were caught off guard for the millionth time by how god damn attractive he was. His hair was damp from the spray, and you wanted to lick the water droplets clinging to his neck and shoulders. However, you had another destination in mind, one that you had yet to explore but didn't want to leave unattended any longer.

Looking up into his tawny eyes, you gave a sly smile and whispered, "Just so you know, this is the only reason I will ever kneel for you."

Then, with gazes still locked, you fell to your knees on the wet tile...and took his cock in your mouth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.7K 2.6K 29
You're poison, But I don't want to break these chains. † [Edited] |15.11.2016| |neganXfem!oc| [Original Cover| [Before the outbreak] #3 in Lucille 1...
1.1K 30 9
You've been with Negan since The Saviors were formed as one of his top Lieutenants. After a long time of pursuing you, Negan finally gets you to cave...
171 9 9
Living your whole life on the little island of Kefalonia, there's no surprises. You know this place like the back of your hand. You've had the same f...
31.8K 936 15
A Negan X Reader fanfiction. Your group is killed by Negan, and you've managed to sneak away, but he's on the hunt for you. AND OKAY GUYS I NEVER WR...