Dustin X Reader

By shrekshark1

If you read anything that hasn't been edited yet, please bear with me it was my first book I cringe when I ed... More

Part 1: The Vanishing of Will Byers
the weirdo on maple street
Holly Jolly
The flea and the acrobat
The Monster
The Bathtub
The Upside Down
Part 2: Mad Max
Trick or Treat Freak
The Pollywog
Will the Wise
Dig Dug
The Spy
The Mind Flayer
The Gate
A/N
Part 3: E. T. that you?
The Mall Rats
The Case of the Missing Lifeguard
The Sauna Test
The Flayed
E Pluribus Unum
The Bite
The battle of starcourt
Part 4: The hellfire club
Vecna's curse
The Monster and the Superhero
Dear Billy
The Nina Project
The Dive
The Massacre at Hawkins Lab
Papa
Piggyback pt:1
piggy back pt:2 the start of an end
A/N

The Body

1K 17 17
By shrekshark1

Y/n pov:

I don't remember much from last night.

It was all like a fever dream, but a nightmare instead.

I can feel the bloodshot puffy part of my eyes.

I was laying down on my bed, looking at the ceiling before a voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Y/n, y/n are you there, over" Lucas's voice rang over her walkie.

I rolled on my side and grabbed my walkie from my night stand, sitting up as I answered my friend. 

"What Lucas"

"Come over to Mike's, we have something on Will supposedly. I already contacted Dustin."

"Fine." She got her backpack to shove her walkie inside, she walked to the garage to grab her bike and pedaled away.

♤♤♤♤♤

"We keep losing signal but you heard it right." Mike said with hope laced in his voice.

"Yeah I heard a baby." Lucas said obviously pissed he was there

"What?" Mike said confused.

"Mike you obviously tapped into a baby moniter, it's probably the Blackburns next door." Lucas said.

"Uh did that sound like a baby to you?" Mike said pissed at him. "That was Will!"

"Mike-" Lucas started but was cut off my Mike. "Lucas you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words! He was singing that weird song he loves. Even el heard him!"

"As much as I would love to belive you Mike, we know we all saw Will." I said

Lucas continued to argue, "Oh well if the weirdo heard him then I guess-"

"are you sure you're on the right channel?" Dustin said cutting Lucas off.

"I don't think it's about that." Mike said "I think somehow she's channeling him."

"Like... like professor X." Dustin realized.

"Yeah." Mike agreed.

"Are you actually believing this crap?" Lucas questioned.

"I don't know I mean..." Dustin started.

"Do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded almost exactly like that." He said.

"Did you guys not see what I saw?" Lucas said think he's right all the time again.

"They pulled Will's body out of the water. He's dead!" He said shouting.

"As much as I hate to say it," I started, "I don't want to hang on to false hope, I think it's just the grief starting to kick in."

"Well, maybe it's his ghost maybe he's haunting us." Dustin said.

"It's not his ghost." Mike said

"How do you know that?" Lucas said.

"I just do!"

"Then what was in that water?" Lucas argued back.

"I don't know! All I know is Will is alive." Mike argued back wanting to be the right one. "He's out there somewhere. All we have to do is find him. This isn't gonna work we need to get El to a stronger radio."

"Mr. Clarks ham shack." Y/n suggested, shrugging.

"The Heathkit's at school. There's no way we're gonna get the weirdo in there without anyone noticing. I mean... look at her." Lucas said.

[Small time skip]

I was digging around Nancy's makeup to put some on El.

She didn't know how to react to the brush on her cheek.

But she went along with it nonetheless

After I finished Els makeup, I went downstairs to grab the wig and dress from the boys.

When El came out of the bathroom, i gave her a thumbs up and a smile, Mike just stared.

"Wow" Dustin and I said in sync.

"She looks-" I started but Mike cutting me off,

"pretty...good you look pretty good." El walked to the mirror.

I told Mike in a low voice only Lucas and Dustin could hear "pretty... smooth." I said and the rest snickered.

♤♤♤♤♤

We walked down the hall to the AV room.

"Ok remember if anyone sees us look sad." Mike said.

"Attention students there will be an assembly to honor Will Byers in the gymnasium now. Do not go to fourth period."

Mike tried to open the door. "It's locked."

"Let me try." I said rolling her eyes and grabbing a Bobby pin out of El's wig

"what are you doing?" Lucas asked.

"Picking the lock, or at least trying." I replied putting the Bobby pin into the lock.

"Guys" they heard Mr. Clark say. I stood up quickly in front of the lock to hide the pin.

"Hey." Lucas says.

"Assembly's about to start." Mr. Clark told them.

"We know we're just you know..." Mike started but Lucas finished "upset." He said with a smile but quickly changed into a frown.

"Yeah, definitely upset." Dustin said.

"We need some alone time." Mike started.

"To cry." Dustin said a little unsure.

"Yeah listen, I get it. I do. I know how hard this is, but let's just be there for Will, huh? And then, the Heathkit's all yours for the rest of today. What do you say?" I took the Bobby pin out of the lock behind my back and gave him a sad smile. Mr. Clark looked at El. "I don't believe we've met. What's your name?" We all looked at her.

"Ele-"

"Eleanor!" Mike cutting El off. "She's my uh-"

"Cousin!" Lucas said.

"Second cousin." Dustin corrected

"She's here for Will's funeral." Mike said.

"They used to be close." I said referring to Will.

"Ah, well, welcome to Hawkins Middle, Eleanor. I wish you were here under better circumstances." Mr. Clark welcomed.

"Thank you." El told him

"Uh where are you from exactly?" Mr. Clark asked.

We all looked at her.

"Bad place." She said

"Sweden!" Dustin said.

"I have a lot of Swedish family." Mike said.

"She hates it there." I said, continueing the story.

"Cold." Lucas said fake shivering

"Subzero." Dustin said

"Shall we?" Mr Clark said clearly uncomfortable.

"Yup." Lucas said.

When we walked through the hall and entered the doors the principal had already started the assembly.

The 5 entered the doors quite loudly thanks to Dustin, the principal stopped his speech and everyone turned to stare.

We just stood there, heat rushing to our faces.

"Abort." Dustin whispered.

"Copy that." I whispered back.

We turned around in sync only to be pushed back by Lucas and Mike.

The principal continued their speech, as the 5 of us took our seats.

♤♤♤♤♤

As the principal spoke, we're just watching and exchanged looks.

"Look at these fakers." Mike said

"They probably didn't even know his name until today." Lucas agreed.

They looked over and saw Troy and James laughing and mocking the ceremony.

"Mouth breather." El said

"oh Troy? 100%." I agreed

♤♤♤♤♤

When the bell rang everyone walked down the bleachers.

"Hey, Hey! Hey, Troy !Hey Troy! You... you think this is funny?" Mike said clearly scared.

No one from the party has ever really stood up to Troy before.

"what'd you say Wheeler?" Troy snapped back.

"I saw you guys laughing over there. And I think that's a real messed up thing to do." Mike said, trying to swallow his nerves.

"didn't you listen to the counselor Wheeler? Grief shows itself in funny ways." James started

"Besides what's there to be sad about anyway? Will's in fairyland now, right? Flying around with all the other little fairies. All happy and gay!" Troy said as they walked off laughing.

I could feel my anger anger rising.

Just as Mike stepped forward I pulled him back only to walk up behind him and shove him to the ground.

The kids around gasped.

"Your dead nerd!" Troy said running up to me.

I stood my ground, waited for a blow to the face. But he stopped suddenly. Everyone just stood in confusion, then they saw something change color on Troy's pants near his crotch.

Someone from the crowd yelled "Dude Troy peed himself!"

The entire gym all started laughing. I laughed and looked back El had blood from her nose.

Mouthing a thank you, I started laughing as well.

"Hey what's going on here!" The principal yelled. Dustin grabbed my arm. "Y/n let's go!" We ran out of the gym laughing.

♤♤♤♤♤
3

rd person pov:

They walked into the room with the Heathkit and El sat down.

"Now what?" Dustin said.

"She'll find him! Right El?" Mike answered.

They messed with the radio until El closed her eyes

"She's doing it. She's finding him!" Mike said.

"This is crazy." Dustin said.

"Calm down she just closed her eyes." Lucas said

"Buzz kill." Y/n said. Then the light broke above them they gasped.

"Holy shit." Y/n said.

There was suddenly something banging on the radio, like someone hitting flimsy steel.

It only got louder.

"What is that?" Dustin asked.

Then a voice rang through the radio. "Mom?" The voice said.

Y/n could feel her heart in her throat. It felt like a fever dream to the kids.

"No way." Lucas said

"Will!" Mike screamed into the mic

"Will it's us are you there?!" Lucas screamed back.

"Can you hear us we're here?!" Dustin yelled into the mic.

"Hello?! Mom?!" Will said louder.

"Why can't he hear us?" Lucas asked.

"I don't know but is Joyce there too?" Y/n asked.

Suddenly Will yelled again.

"It's like home, but it's so dark...It's so dark and empty. And it's cold! Mom? Mom!"

A few moments of silence went by then the radio started sparking and they all jumped back in fear.

Y/n grabbed the closed thing to her left hand, which so happened to be Dustin's.

For a split second, the two forgot what was going on.

Then it burst into flames. The alarm rung, throwing y/n back into reality.

She let go of Dustin, pushed Lucas to the side to grab the fire extinguisher and put out the flames in a giant cloud of white water foam.

Lucas and Mike grabbed El by the shoulders and y/n grabbed her legs they carried her out of the room.

And put her in a rolly chair to race her away.

Hey guys! Another day another chapter. How are you guys? If you haven't please eat or drink something. Have a nice day!
Word count: 1679

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.2K 2.2K 34
Star Henderson. Dustin's adopted sister. She had been friends with the boys since she could remember. They played video games and played D&D. But eve...
312K 7K 24
🌹🩸🧇 ──── 𝚂𝚃! ┊͙ ・... ˏˋ ˖*°࿐ 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭 ⌗⌗ ˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ 𝐈𝐌 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ━━━━━━━━━━ 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨�...
112K 3.6K 28
𝘰𝘰𝘰. ┋【 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐘 】- 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥. 💥. *. ⋆ ੈ✩‧ ೃ⁀➷ - - - 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇... one hook up ca...
39K 675 25
I should've named this book insomnia. Read to understand why🥲. A Gareth x reader story because Gareth is cute. 🦋 ( And bc I have seen only 5 fanfi...