QUARTET ALLIANCE: LEND A HAND...

By myjflower_101

"𝗜𝗳 𝗜 𝘁𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲, 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Way out
Chapter 2: Donuts
Chapter 3: Slow Brandy Words
Chapter 4: Don't Believe Me
Chapter 5: You've Seen It
Chapter 6: Rich Cousin
Chapter 7: New Disaster
Chapter 8: First Blaze
Chapter 9: Second Blaze
Chapter 10: Memorandum
Chapter 11: Friends
Chapter 12: Library
Chapter 13: Cognize My Sadness
Chapter 14: Rising Restlessness
Chapter 15: We're Not in Love
Chapter 16: Beg No Avail
Chapter 17: Word Of Honor (Horror)
Chapter 18: False Incrimination
Chapter 19: Inner Clash
Chapter 20: Dangerous Throwback
Chapter 21: Enclose a Beginning
Chapter 22: Trapped bars and feelings
Chapter 23: Blague
Chapter 24: D.I.M 2
Chapter 25: Royal Scheme
Chapter 26: Traitor
Chapter 27: Micheal
Chapter 28: Divulge A Mystery
Chapter 29: Random Ransom
Chapter 30: Hope
Chapter 32: Exchange
Chapter 33: Depraved Affection
Chapter 34: The Wrong Heir to the Throne
Chapter 35: Insentient Love
Chapter 36: Pressurized Snow
Chapter 37: Haunting Progress
Chapter 38: Helpless
Chapter 39: Garden of Myths
Chapter 40: Lie to me
Chapter 41: Unruly Inferior
Chapter 42: A Year
Chapter 43: Traitor In a Dilemma
Chapter 44: World Disasters
Chapter 45: Killing Machine
Chapter 46: King of Veracity
Chapter 47: Progress
Chapter 48: One Team
Chapter 49: This Isn't You
Chapter 50: Rekindling Connections
Chapter 51: Buried Truths
Chapter 52: Verdict of Fury
Chapter 53: The Pendant
Chapter 54: Welcome Back Micheal
Chapter 55: My Name
Chapter 56: Risk
Character Q&A: Getting to Know the Cast
Character Q&A: Your Questions Answered
Chapter 57: Tension
Chapter 58: The Retrial
Chapter 59: Cutie
Chapter 60: Stirrings Of The Soul
Chapter 61: Sealed It
Chapter 62: Only You Babe
Chapter 63: Stay Away
Chapter 64: Deceptive Royal Guard

Chapter 31: Piping Blather

6 2 2
By myjflower_101

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

11:21 P.M

-Castle's Lockup -

The place was growing hot and stale. It caused them to be in discomfort from the lack of fresh air and the unbearable heat assailed them as it spread through the room.

Everyone was dripping sweat at this point and it drenched their clothes. Kazuo felt his eyes get heavier by the moment and he wanted nothing more than to stay awake right now, if he were to pass out, it won't do any good. Rehan was now sitting on the floor, his head thrown back and eyes shut as he tried to slim down the amount of air he took in, so it won't make the place more stuffy than it is. Jiryu chose to
deal with this silently. Zen's hair was almost drenched at this point, with his bangs clinging onto his forehead and practically his eyes. He moved it away in a peeved manner, revealing his forehead before huffing.

"Two more hours and it's a whole new day," Rehan mumbled tiredly.

Kazuo looked at him through his dark hair, a pained expression on his face as he hummed, "You...kept track?"

Rehan nodded heavily before turning to Jiryu, "So, are you gonna speak up—"

Someone outside was heard coming closer which silenced whatever the ash blond was about to say.

Cesal.

He unlocked the door and looked behind him warily before stepping inside. Everyone was too worn out to vocalize any of their protests as he walked over to Jiryu, grabbed a hold of arm, and tugged, gesturing for him to get up. The blond abided cautiously, head down and wretched.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Zen spoke up, his voice hoarse as he looked at Cesal with furrowed brows.

Cesal did not reply to him, an unreadable expression on his face as he lead Jiryu outside.

"Where are you taking him?!" Rehan suddenly stood up, a surge of energy coming over him.

"Prince wants to see him," Cesal's monotonous voice replied. He didn't bother to glance back at the ash blond before closing and locking the cell behind him.

"Nothing bad will happen," Cesal spoke after he glanced at them and noticed their apprehensive faces whilst walking away, "No doubts on that."

"Wait—"

Rehan tired but they were already out of sight. This was too soon. Too quick. What if the prince was planning something horrendous? And they won't be able to see him again?

"Come back here!" Rehan yelled.

"There's point in crying out now," Kazuo told him, equally anguished, "We have to place our bets on that Cesal is hopefully telling the truth."

Zen scoffed after being quiet for a while.

"Trust Cesal?" Zen said in derisive voice, lifting one brow up at Kazuo, his hair swept backwards as he stared at the a raven head in disbelief.

"Yes, that's what I'm implying," Kazuo replied, dead serious, "Why would he feel the need to assure us that nothing bad will happen? Think."

"Because it's Cesal and he's a standing joke," Zen replied, gripping his knees in anger and leaned in to nothing in particular as his expression soured, "And a fucking psycho too," He leaned back.

"I kind of agree with Zen on this one," Rehan nodded, "Cesal is iffy and his words shouldn't be taken to heart, honestly."

"And you guys are straightforwardly believing this based on what exactly?" Kazuo asked, but didn't let them answer, "Psychology of law and criminal behavior is what I specialize in as a young attorney. It's not hard for me to figure what someone is thinking just by looking at them, especially criminals."

"Okay, but your psychology shit isn't helping us right now, is it?" Zen grumbled.

"It's up to you to believe what I say, but if you want to strain yourself mentally more than this; then that's your choice as well," Kazuo said, his exasperation unveiling slightly.

"Hmph!" Zen indicated his indignation, looked away, and didn't argue further with the raven head.

"How long do they plan to keep us in here?" Rehan whined, trying to calm the tense atmosphere, "I need a shower."

Kazuo grunted when he tried to shift his position and held his wound. Zen looked at the red eyed boy and his face softened, feeling a tinge of guilt for failing to think of his soreness and arguing pointlessly.

"Try to tie with a cloth," Zen mumbled, his eyes drifting down to all the blood running down Kazuo's abdomen and lower body.

"I don't care about this right now," Kazuo told him.

"It's going to get infected, dumbass."

Kazuo only stayed quiet.

"Trust me, this is nothing," He said after a while of silence and Zen glaring at him.

"A gunshot is nothing?" Rehan asked.

"No," He muttered.

"Jeez, what have you been through?" Rehan frowned in thought and disturbance.

"Many things. One of them being that I saw my mom dead right in front of my eyes after my crazy ex murdered her out of—apparently jealousy?" Kazuo shook his head, as if trying to forget such a memory, "Forget it."

".....I'm sorry," Rehan said hesitantly, not knowing if Kazuo was affected by bringing it up.

"What in the living fuck?" Zen whispered, a look of shock and worry on his face as he stared at Kazuo, trying to figure him out in a way.

"Yeah. But I've got my honorable dad who lives with me, he's a strong person. I'll give him that. I've gone through an emo phase and almost went insane, but thankfully that didn't happen," Kazuo explained.

"Well we've got one thing in common," Rehan sat crossed legged.

"What is it?"

"A deceased mom plus an alive and kicking dad," Rehan said with a thumbs up.

Zen blinked.

"Really?" Kazuo said then chuckled at Zen's expression.

"You know what? I'm not even gonna ask," Zen waved him off.

"I see you've gotten over it," Kazuo told Rehan.

"Long time ago. She died in an accident when I was eight and I also didn't know how to handle deaths so when my dad told me that she died, I was like 'uhhh ok then,'. Few years later, it was when I realized the woman who birthed me had died then I became depressed for a few months, but Fay and dad helped me through it," Rehan talked about it like it was nothing, "Hey, did you know? The only thing I need to control is my big mouth because I blabber whatever comes to mind without thinking it through and it doesn't help the dark humour I have either."

"Dark humour?" Zen asked, "As in making jokes about fucked up stuff?"

Rehan nodded, "Jiryu and Lettita look so done and horrified whenever I make a joke about my dead mom at any chance I get. It's not like she could hear me or anything."

"Uh."

"Oh, I've done it again. Seriously it's uncontrollable," Rehan sighed.

"I think we're gonna go crazy if we stay in here longer than this," Zen said, motioning to Rehan with his head.

"What about you?" Kazuo asked.

"What about me?"

"Your family," Kazuo said.

"It's totally fine if you don't wanna tell us," Rehan told Zen, "Not like it's our business."

"Not on good terms," Zen mumbled, playing with his shoe laces.

"Do you have siblings?" Rehan asked.

"I have a younger sister," Zen replied.

"How old is she?"

"Thirteen."

Rehan nodded, face looking curious to know more, but keeping a rein on his questions.

"So, what is it? Daddy or mommy issues?" Kazuo gave the game away with the most deadpanned expression.

"Mommy," Zen said.

"Yeah, I wouldn't know," Rehan said, "You neither," He pointed to Kazuo.

Kazuo shrugged with a small smile.

"I want to shower," Rehan sighed.

"You've already said that," Zen layed down.

"Are you going to sleep? All sweaty? Kidnapped? In a cell?" Rehan looked at him.

"I'm just lying down and thanks for the reminder."

"You are closing your eyes."

"Shut the fuck up, blondie," Zen voice was drowsy and Rehan sulked before turning to Kazuo.

"If I could find some water or something, I'll be able to patch up your wound," He said.

"Don't worry. Like I said, it's nothing."

"Are you sure Jiryu is going to be okay?"

"Most probably."

A huff and sigh, and the ash blond ceased to make any more efforts of talking. The humid air suffocated the room along with silence. And once again, footsteps interrupted the dense ambience.

Rehan looked up in time to see Cesal approaching the cell, a cold expression on his face. He looked behind him and hesitantly walked closer to the metal bars.

"Where's Jiryu?" Rehan stood up.

Cesal replied almost instantly.

"Prince sent him back."

——

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 42.8K 48
1st in hell as of June 23 2018 & July 2 2020 1st in demon as of August 24 2018 1st in forever as of June 12 2019 1st in fantasy-romance as of June 2...
41.3K 1.6K 47
"𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴... 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴.... 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦...
58.9K 4.5K 25
6x featured | When his crush kills herself in front of him, Diego ends up back in time in order to confess his love for her. A second chance, a possi...
26.2K 1.2K 174
Based on the title of this story, you probably assumed that this was going to be something about knights and dragons and all of that stuff. Good gues...