Masked ─ Seungjin

By hyunluvr

He knew there was more to that boy who had treated him like shit for the past four years. But why did he want... More

─00.
─01.
─02.
─03.
─04.
─05.
─06.
─07.
─08.
─09.
─11.
─12.
─13.
─14.
─15.
─16.
─17.
─18.
─19.
─20.
─21.
─22.

─10.

1.1K 57 18
By hyunluvr

-

"I-I'm gonna get my notebook from downstairs. Stay here." He smiled as Hyunjin nodded.

After a minute, Seungmin didn't seem to return. Hyunjin got impatient and bored.

Hyunjin looked around as he got up from the bed, an open drawer catching his eyes. He slowly opened it and looked inside. He didn't want to be peeking through personal stuff, but it didn't look THAT personal as it was written 'ART BOOK' in the front cover.

He slowly opened it. What could be so bad in an art book?

Nothing was bad. Not even close. His eyes sparkled with excitement when he looked at the drawings. Everything was beautifully drawn, masterpiece of an art book formed with a mixture of paintings, sketches, drawings etc some with deep meanings and each of them were exquisite.

How come he never talks about it?

Most people at school knew Kim Seungmin was the best at photography, his unique skills in that subject made him the first student there.

And art? He didn't even study art. Seungmin has dropped art since 1st year.

His jaw dropped, it might not be Seungmin's but his parents totally didn't look like the ones who did it, besides Seungmin's name was written there.

He didn't notice the younger entering the room, who gasped seeing his notebook on Hyunjin's hands.

Hyunjin dropped the book he was holding on the nearby table, his eyes widening. "I-I'm sorry I just- I- I didn't mean to I promise—"

Seungmin stared at Hyunjin panicking and softly grabbed his shoulders, "hey chill, it's okay, calm down"

"Wait f-for real? I uh..." Hyunjin looked down and Seungmin also turned around, staring at his table.

"O-oh well..." Hyunjin looked at the book as Seungmin came forward. He opened the drawer which Hyunjin got the book from. He pulled out even more books, all of them full of art.

"How come you never applied for art? I mean, you're so good at it..."

Seungmin looked away, caressing a piece of art he made. "I'm not... Really good at it..."

"What do you mean not good at it?!" Hyunjin snapped. "If that's not good then what-"

"There's always better, Hyunjin." Seungmin cut him off and he stayed silent. "Mine is just average. It's not good enough."

Hyunjin looked at him sadly while Seungmin took a few steps forward and sighed.

"Photography isn't my favorite subject... It's art. I wasn't really good at it back then. But I gave up on art a long time ago. Everyone... Made fun of me... My friends told me to just focus on things I'm good at... But I still applied to two schools for art. But I never got accepted so I gave up and came here." He admitted as Hyunjin quitely listened.

"It wasn't good enough... People made fun of me and... I just thought maybe I should focus on things I'm good at..."

He continued, "I might be good at photography, but I never truly enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed drawing... I still drew after that but didn't tell anyone cause no one would appreciate that anyways-"

"Seungmin..." He softly cut the boy off and looked at him with a face full of sadness.

"I-I'm really sorry- I didn't mean to spill my whole life story to you and rant-"

"Just because there's better doesn't mean you have to give up, Seungmin."

Seungmin became silent, looking at the floor and avoiding eye contact with the black haired boy.

"You improved so much and- you can't give up cause two universities didn't accept you... You believing that you're not good enough is the thing slowing you down, Minnie." The nickname slipped out.

Seungmin sat down at his bed sadly, and Hyunjin kneeled in front of him looking up at his face.

"The real thing is not being good at something... It's enjoying to do something. If you enjoy art, that's what you should do, Seungmin."

Hyunjin suddenly felt the boy tightly hugging him. At first he was caught off guard but he quickly hugged him back.

"Cute" Hyunjin chuckled, running his hand through Seungmin's hair. "Me?" Seungmin looked up at him confused.

"No me." Hyunjin fake winced getting hit softly by Seungmin on the shoulder. Seungmin smiled. "You're amazing, you know that?"

"I know." Hyunjin snickered.

Hyunjin smiled as his eyes formed into crescents, and Seungmin found it so adorable that he couldn't help but giggle at his cuteness.

Hyunjin's head pounded again, he pulled away from the hug and gently rubbed his temples, Seungmin noticed.

Seungmin attached his palm to the other boy's forehead, gasping instantly.

"You're hot- I mean, you're burning from fever! Gods I should've noticed earlier..." He said with guilt in his voice.

"It's okay. It's not serious." Hyunjin smiled trying not to sound weak. But Seungmin didn't buy it at all, he softly held Hyunjin's hand and sat him down on his bed.

"My parents are not home so... I-I'll get you something to eat..." Seungmin said, as much as he didn't want to leave Hyunjin alone in this situation, the boy looked like he was starving.

"You really don't have to... You know..." Hyunjin quitely said. "No, please, I do. Please just, stay here. I'll be back as soon as I can." Seungmin put his hand on Hyunjin's shoulder and smiled.

Hyunjin saw him walk away, as he sighed. He's dealt with this before, so many times. He always used to get fevers when he pulled all-nighters to study.

The only difference is this time, he wasn't alone. He had someone to take care of him.

God, it burns. He couldn't close his eyes, the eyelids felt so hot against his eyes, and if he kept them open it still burnt.

His throat felt like it was poisoned. It burned too, and so did his chest.

Please be back soon.

-

Seungmin felt so bad for leaving Hyunjin alone. But he couldn't cook for shit. Unlike Hyunjin, he never cooked before. And just his luck, there wasn't any readymade food left at his house.

He hurriedly grabbed an instant soup packet and had told the cashier to keep the change, running back to his house.

He stopped and gasped seeing hyunjin sitting up and panting, "Hyunjin..." He murmured and took the boy's face in his hands.

"It's okay, I'm here. I'm here..." He kept repeating as Hyunjin's face buried on his hoodie.

"I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have left.."

Hyunjin breathed in before speaking, "it's okay, you only left for 5 minutes. If I was at home no one would be there for even 1 second..."

Seungmin got quite, before he held hyunjin's face and looked at him sadly. Hyunjin smiled, "don't get so close, you'll catch a fever too."

"I don't care if I get a fever."

I just wanna hold you close.

"I'll make you some soup, are you okay with that? Sorry, I'm really bad at cooking..."

Hyunjin smiled despite his sickness, "you don't have to but I'd be glad," Seungmin smiled and headed downstairs but was stopped by Hyunjin, "Can I come with you?"

Seungmin sighed, "you need to rest..."

Hyunjin looked at him sadly and went back to bed, wanting to be with Seungmin. But the boy who sighed and went downstairs was stubborn, he wouldn't have let him.

Hyunjin didn't know why Seungmin was taking care of him. He wasn't supposed to be. He could catch a fever from Hyunjin.

'I don't care if I get a fever'

It repeated on his mind. But why, why wouldn't he care? Why would he take care of his bully, (well ex-bully, kind of).

-

Seungmin poured the boiling water to the cup, gasping when he felt Hyunjin hugging him from behind.

"I told you to rest-"

"Please... I wanna be with you."

Seungmin sadly smiled, nodding before seating him down on the dining table and going back to the soup.

"Feed me" Hyunjin said opening his mouth at Seungmin when he saw him bringing the food to the table. Seungmin rolled his eyes"I would've called you a baby but since you're sick you get an excuse." He snickered.

Seungmin fed him fondly, appreciating how cute he looked while eating. He wiped the corner of Hyunjin's lips with a napkin just like he did before.

"Now go rest. My parents won't be home until tomorrow, so.... If you want... You can s-stay o-over..." Seungmin looked away in embarrassment.

Hyunjin blushed staring at him before he spoke, "my dad isn't coming home either... I think... S-so I- guess I can but- I don't wanna be a burden..."

"Since my parents are out, I can sleep in my dad's room... It'll be fine. And your home is far, it'll be late."

-

Seungmin rolled the blanket on hyunjin, "goodnight" He smiled. Hyunjin softly grabbed his hand, making him look back.

"Stay, please."

Seungmin stumbled his words, "I-I- Hyunjin the bed is already small enough..."

"I don't wanna be alone." He said, his eyes getting teary.

Oh please don't look at me with those eyes.

"Fine... But- ah!" Seungmin gasped when Hyunjin pulled him by his arm gently on the bed next to him.

Seungmin's face was insanely close to Hyunjin's. He looked at the boy mumbling some stutter words or just keyboard smashing in real life.

The other boy was already half asleep with his eyes closed but a faint smile was visible on his pink lips.

Seeing him so peacefully napping made Seungmin happy for some reason too. And so he smiled, "Goodnight, Hyunjin." Giving a small pat on his head.

Seungmin thought Hyunjin hadn't heard him, but he did.

And that, was the first time someone wished him good night in the last 12 years.

-

Hyunjin squinted his eyes and gently rubbed it with his hand when he felt the sunlight hitting his iris. He sat up and glanced at the boy who had opened the curtains.

2 o clock, you must be kidding. He fucking overslept.

"Good morning to you, prince." Seungmin smiled, though it was noon already. Hyunjin, too lazy to say it back just softly smiled and nodded. "Sorry... You're probably not used to sleeping in such small beds since yours is equivalent to a whole room..."

Hyunjin rubbed his face with his palm, "nah, it's better to have someone near and a small bed rather than having to be alone in a giant bed..."

"How do you feel?"

"Lot better, thanks." Hyunjin smiled.

"That's great!" He said, putting the back of his palm on the black haired's forehead. "You still haven't recovered fully though."

"It's fine." He chuckled.

-

Seungmin got them something to eat, and they decided to look things through their poem which Seungmin offered to do most of the work himself since Hyunjin didn't fully recover yet but the older insisted.

They spent hours messing around, Hyunjin 'trying' to teach Seungmin how to cook, them taking stupidly cute photos of one another and so much more.

"HEY! You can't write that! It doesn't rhyme!"

"Oh yeah it does you moron."

"I tell you Kim Seungmin you don't know better than me." Hyunjin argued.

"Oh really? I tell you YOU don't know better than me Hwang." Seungmin stuck his tongue out.

Hyunjin was about to bicker back when Hyunjin's phone on Seungmin's desk buzzed and it's screen lit up, turning both of their heads to that direction.

Seungmin walked to his table, reaching for it and saw a woman and little Hyunjin beside her on the lockscreen, he looked back at Hyunjin "I-is... That your mom?"

Hyunjin smiled, "Yes... She is..."

"She's really pretty." He said.

Like you.

Hyunjin just smiled in response, somehow different from the other smiles, a painful one.

Seungmin would've said little Hyunjin was cute because he was, he was fucking adorable. But he couldn't bring himself to it, and he heard another buzz.

"Here you go, I don't know your password." He chuckled. Hyunjin mumbled a thanks. He unlocked it and gasped, his breath hitching seeing the message.

There was a moment of silence and Hyunjin blankly stared at the screen before looking sadly at Seungmin. "M-my dad wants me to come home right now... I didn't know he was home..." His voice trailed off.

"Oh..." Is all that came from Seungmin.

Hyunjin got up slowly, taking off the blanket and sighing. He looked at the shorter who stood by the bed, looking down.

"I'm really sorry for bothering you and being a burden...I-"

Hyunjin's words stuck at his throat when Seungmin suddenly hugged him, his right cheek squeezing with Hyunjin's chest.

"Don't say things like that..."

Hyunjin stared at him before smiling and wrapping his arms around the shorter's figure. " It's cloudy outside. Take care of yourself, please..."

"I will.... try.."

Seungmin didn't hear the last mumbled word, he pulled away from hyunjin's embrace and looked at him, "get well soon." He ruffled the older's hair cutely.

"Thanks for taking care of me, Seungmin." Hyunjin's blush was hidden by his mask as he said the words. Seungmin smiled, "you're welcome Hyunjin."

Hyunjin's driver waited outside and his eyes widen when he saw him. As far as he remembered he didn't ask him to come pick him up, which could only mean his father did.

His father knew where he was.

-

The next chapters are gonna be better I promise ಥ_ಥ

WATTPAD KEEPS DELETING MY TAGS SOBS FUCK

🐥💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 1K 23
Sequel to 'Meet' Hyunjin and Seungmin had the perfect life living in a big house with their beautiful daughter. Life for the three of them as a famil...
597K 22.6K 59
a boy with severe sexual frustration. [COMPLETED] Disclaimer Wo*jin is in this au
301K 16.1K 43
In which the lonely and invisible Seungmin left a note in his favorite book on the school's library, hoping to make a friend. In which the most popul...
572K 23.1K 46
The homophobic bully got a little bit tipsy and cheated on his girlfriend? The nerd fucked his bully? This is a top Seungmin FF, fight me. Highest ra...