Braedey Martin and Scooby-Doo...

By BraedimusSupreme

A/N: This is sequel to 'Braedey Martin & Scooby-Doo: The Mermaid's Tail'. Scooby-Doo, Braedey Martin, and th... More

Ch-1: The Scottish Highlands
Ch-3: Dinner-Time
Ch-4: First Encounter
Ch-5: Welcome to Drumnadrochit
Ch-6: Out on the Loch
Ch-7: Sir Ian's Ship
Ch-8: Deep Below the Loch
Ch-9: Monster Chase
Ch-10: Capturing the Loch Ness Monster
Ch-11: Epilogue

Ch-2: Welcome to Blake Castle

1.1K 12 17
By BraedimusSupreme

"Wow, Blake Castle! I've waited my whole life to see this." Daphne spoke in pure awe of the castle and its interior.

Soon enough, the gang were now currently being given a tour of the old castle by Shannon, looking around at the paintings and the architectural design of the interior of the castle. For Rose, it felt like déjà vu for her since she's lived in a castle for most of her life below the waves when she was little. Braedey was happy to see Rose smiling at this, and whenever they looked at one another, they would share a loving smile.

"There's over 800 years of Blake family history within these walls. Ours is a rich history of falling through trap doors, finding dangerous secret passageways, and getting caught in overly complicated booby traps of our own design." Shannon explained to the gang, while showing a painting of such events up on one wall.

"That's pretty impressive." Braedey commented.

"Have to say, that's a long history of the Blake family." Rose agreed with Braedey.

"The one thing we Blakes have been known for is being..." Shannon sighed as she began to think about what to say. "How should I put this...? Danger-prone."

The others now looked at Daphne with knowing looks. "What?" She asked back innocently to her friends and family, and the others then turned away from her, making other comments about other things.

"Despite all these years of misfortune... no one at Blake Castle has ever had any trouble with... the monster." Shannon continued on, looking out the window to watch as the newly repaired sailboat was being towed from the shore to a shipyard to have it checked over.

"Like, that's what I like to hear." Shaggy sighed in relief.

"That is, until now." Shannon interjected solemnly.

"Like, zoinks." Shaggy sighed in exasperation.

"As it usually does." Braedey murmured.

"Shannon... if you don't mind me asking, what exactly happened to you?" Rose now asked to Shannon, now wishing to know what had happened.

"It actually began just a few nights ago. I was by myself, down at the boat dock." Shannon explained to them. "All of a sudden, something very big and very fast came cruising into the cove. It disappeared below the surface, and I lost sight of it."

"When I fell asleep that night... I awoke to the strangest sound I'd ever heard in all me life." Shannon shuddered from the memory as she replayed it in her mind.

That evening, Shannon was in the lounge room, sleeping on the couch. When Shannon woke up, she heard the sound. It almost sounded like it was a whale of some kind, but how could that be? There were no whales in the Loch, and it doesn't link up to the sea. She shut off the TV she had on earlier to listen out and hear if she wasn't hallucinating something. When lightning then struck outside, she heard the sound again which echoed out, then another flash of lightning made Shannon jump, but also blew open one of the windows. As Shannon tried to close them from the wind and rain, she saw something in the darkness right outside. She felt like she was frozen in the spot, as two bright red eyes stared right back at her with malice and anger.

But then, a lightning strike in the distance illuminated what the two eyes belonged to. It was large and very menacing in nature, with dark brown reptilian skin, a long-mouthed head on top of a long neck, a mouth fitted with humungous sharp teeth, and with a set of green small fins running down the length of its neck. The creature that stood forth before her was none other than the infamous Loch Ness Monster.

Shannon screamed in fright, and in response, the monster roared at her. It was like a demonic roar of sorts that came from the throat of the monster itself, as it then turned its head away, and in a flash of lightning, it was gone. Vanished into thin air. Shannon looked all around, but there was no sign of it.

"And then it was gone. Just like that." Shannon finished.

Just then, everyone jumped when they heard someone running into something. They looked to see Braedey had fallen up against the nearby table after hearing about what had just happened.

"S-Sorry." Braedey apologised, Rose and Willow helping him up. "I was just... rather spooked by what I've just heard."

"It's okay, Braedey." Rose reassured to Braedey, giving him a warm embrace and gave him a small peck on the cheek, Braedey leaning into the embrace.

Then, they all heard the sound of rattling, and the gang now saw Shaggy and Scooby were both hiding inside a suit of armour standing nearby.

"Come on, you two, out of the armour." Fred ordered as he walked up to the two.

"Like, ever heard of Scotland the Brave?" Shaggy asked to Fred, then he lifted the mask of the helmet up to reveal his face. "Meet Shaggy the chicken." He said to them.

"Reah." Scooby popped his head out from the middle of the suit, and mimicked a chicken cluck.

"Jeepers!" Daphne was shocked by what she heard from her cousin. "So, the monster isn't locked in the Loch?" She asked to the others.

"Many people claim to have seen the Loch Ness Monster on land." Velma explained next to them in clarification.

'Kinda like how I ended up on land, in a way.' Rose thought to herself. 'However, I'm more curious about why the monster would even come up close to the castle in the first place.'

"That is quite freaky." Braedey commented.

"Ain't that the truth." Willow agreed.

"When I woke up the next morning..." Shannon breathed. "I tried to tell myself that it was only a dream, but-"

"It was not a dream. And last night's shipwreck was no accident." A Scottish female voice spoke up from the upper rafters of the library. Just then, nearby a suit of armour, the entire wall spun around, now revealing a brunette woman sitting in a chair, wearing a dark garnet red jacket with tan pants, black boots, a small pair of glasses, and a beret on her head. "It was the great beast of the Loch."

"Zoinks!" Shaggy yelled out. "Who's the creepy lady in the beret?"

"Ri don't know." Scooby replied back fearfully, then he hid in the armour, as Shaggy stayed as still as a statue.

"Some way to make an entrance." Braedey commented.

"Who is that?" Rose wondered.

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet-" Shannon started.

"Prof. Fiona Pembrooke." Velma cuts in next. "Scotland's most accomplished Loch Ness expert, and author of the book 'Legend of the Loch'." She showed the book in her hand.

"How marvellous." Professor Pembrooke said with a slight smile on her face. "What a pleasure to meet someone who's done her proper research."

"I read that you're still trying to prove the monster exists, even though it has destroyed your career, demolished your scientific credibility, and devastated you financially." Velma added on.

"Apparently, too much research." Professor Pembrooke commented quietly to herself.

Apparently, Braedey and Willow heard her, and they both looked to each other. "You don't know how right you are." They commented quietly to one another, and the rest of the gang now followed Shannon around the castle to continue the tour.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 172 12
Sequel to 'Braedey Martin & Scooby-Doo: The Polar Express'. After dealing with a ghost that put the gang through one of the hardest investigations...
4.1K 29 8
Zoinks! Two years after a clash of egos forced Mystery Inc. to close its doors, Scooby-Doo and his clever crime-solving cohorts Fred, Daphne, Shaggy...
17.1K 162 10
Walter, Jane, and their 3 kids are invited to a new amusement park, Spooky Island for a much needed family vacation. But while there, strange and cre...
12.4K 221 10
Sequel to 'Braedey Martin & Scooby-Doo: The Witch's Ghost'. Now transported into a video game, the Scooby-Doo gang, along with their youngest member...