Adjectives ~ REGULUS BLACK

By cardanshoe

"I'll always love you, till the end of time" "Till the end of time" STARTED -5/1/21 COMPLETED - HIGHEST RANKI... More

Characters
Disclaimers
Summary
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Authors note (a small thank you)
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57

35

2.8K 78 11
By cardanshoe

"Why can't you come?" whined Monica as she threw herself at the couch. It had been one hour since the four Slytherins had received the letters with the news about the ball hosted by the Black and Lestrange family to celebrate the engagement between Bellatrix Black and Rodolphus Lestrange. They had already packed their bags and they were trying to convince the youngest Potter to join them one more time.

"For the last time Monica, I'm not coming and my answer is not changing, it's not even safe for me to exactly go out without protection with my parents in the order, imagine being in a room full of people who probably want to murder anyone who is a part of it. Do you really think they are going to spare me just because we are friends?" asked Delilah as she continued reading her book, ignoring the stares her friends were giving her.

"But you and Regulus are together now, no one can say anything"

"Are you stupid?! One more reason to kill me, their perfect son is dating and blood traitor, i bet Walburga is going to be thrilled" said Delilah sarcastically, throwing Monica a 'what the fuck were you thinking stare'.

"Delilah is kind of right here-"

"Thank you, Leo, at least another of us has a brain in here"

"But that doesn't mean that seeing Walburga's face once you show up won't be hilarious" said Leo and closed his eyes as if he could imagine the furious face Regulus' mother will have on.

"Still, I'm not going, maybe at Narcissa's and Lucious' engagement ball? Isn't that in about nine-ten months?" asked Delilah. "I really don't think i can deal with the Black family right now, you guys go and have fun alright?" she tried to urge them to go but they just stared at her.

"Stop staring at me and go before your parents throw a fit about you being late"

Regulus realising that there wasn't a possibility she was going to change her mind and were probably making her angrier and angrier as every second passed by, finally nodded his head and leaned down to give her a kiss on her temple.

"Okey, we'll make sure we sent you a letter once the ball ends" he informed her and she nodded waving to them goodbye as they apparated out of her house leaving her finally alone. She took a deep breath and went up to her room changing the sheets of her bed and putting the dirty ones at the laundry room. She grabbed her pyjamas and a new pair of underwear and entered the bathroom setting her clothes on the counter and stripping down from the T-shirt and shorts she wore today.

She opened the shower and let the water get warm before stepping in and closing the curtain. The water running from above was the only source of noise and even though the noise it made was rather loud, Delilah felt as if she was drowning in the silence.

She sat down and let the water run on her, she dried some of the tears that spilled from her cheeks and continued applying shampoo on her hair before letting the water wash it all down. She grabbed the bar of soap and scrubbed her body feeling it relax under the foam and the water. After washing away everything, she got out and grabbed her towel wrapping it around her and then she reached for her brush, brushing her hair as quickly as she could before putting her clothes on and exiting the bathroom.

She left all the dirty clothes in the laundry room and then entered her room again, going straight to her bed and lying down making the pillow wet from the water that was left on her hair. She turned to her side and watched the moon, it was shining bright up in the sky, it was the only source of light since the very few street lights that were placed on the street weren't turned on yet.

She closed her eyes and let more hot tears spill, she didn't know why she was crying, she didn't have any reason to, her family, friends and boyfriend were just fine. Her parents on their annual vacation, James at his friends' house but he would be home tomorrow and her friends were all having fun at a ball. And she, herself, was happy. There wasn't something that was specifically scaring her, of course she was afraid, fear is expected at times like this, only fools aren't afraid but she didn't have anu particular good reason to cry over,

but she still did it.

She let the tears flow down her cheeks and almost soundless sobs filled the bedroom, she wrapped her blanket around her tighter as if it was some sort of protection. She reached for the drawer beside her bed and pulled out the music box, turning it on and gently placing it at her bed side table as she let the calming music echo through the room.

She didn't mind crying, it didn't make her feel weak, not when she was alone. But when she is with people, she tended to keep it all in her, never lettinga negative emotion escape her grasp. And she was fine with that, she really didn't mind it, but after some time she just had to let some negative emotion run through her.

She closed her eyes and calmed her breathing before turning on her right side, facing the door and closing her eyes, she remembered Regulus telling her they were going to send her a letter once the ball was over but she couldn't keep her eyes open more and she let herself fall into a slumber, reminding herself to check the window in the morning for letter.

And that's exactly what she did, once she woke up the morning she found a letter on her window, it only stated that the ball was over and that they were all just fine and that they were going to send letters any day they can.

Delilah placed the letter on her desk and waked down the stairs and she was surprised to see all the Marauders at the kitchen eating pancakes, talking silently probably to not wake her up. She walked into the room muttering a 'good morning' before taking her seat at the tabled beside Remus.

"Morning, sister" greeted James as he smiled at her and she sent a small one back. The boys said their good mornings to her as well before proceeding to continue their conversation on who would have won in the World Cup if it wasn't cancelled.

"I'm telling you Ireland would have won" said Sirius as he took a bite from his pancakes, honey dripping down from his chin.

"No, Transylvania would have won, they had an excellent performance all season," said James.

"Stop arguing, just accept that Brazil would have won, they had the most points" said Remus, speaking logically.

"In my opinion, it doesn't even matter, the Cup is cancelled, no point arguing over it" said Peter, probably done with their argument.

"Shut up Wormtail" said James and Sirius in perfect sync before turning to Delilah and raising their eyebrows, waiting for her to tell them which one is right. "Oh, oh no I'm not getting in the middle of this, figure it out on your own" she said before putting her cup and plate on the sink and retreating to her bedroom.

She went to eat lunch down with them and stayed at the living room for a bit to play a match of wizard chess but after that went back to her bedroom and mostly stayed there, cleaning and getting rid of some stuff she didn't want. She didn't even realise it when her clock hit one in the morning and her eyes widened as she heard someone throw rocks at the window.

She slowly turned her head and walked towards it, peering down as discrectly as she could but was relieved to see familiar blue eyes watching her from the ground, she opened the window quickly and picked her head out watching him as he smiled up at her.

"What exactly are you doing here?" she asked him, and he just shrugged beckoning her to come down. "Fine, fine, wait a minute" she said as she rushed down the stairs as quietly as she could, she saw her clothes at the mirror and nodded in approval, she was wearing pants and a sweatshirt, not too bad but no too good either, she thought this would do for now. She put on her shoes and exited the house closing silently the door behind her and running to the backyard.

"What are you doing here? Anyone may see you!" she scolded him but he only smirked at her before grabbing her hand and dragging them behind a tree as he set her there and kissed her harshly, his hands tagging at her waist.

"What was that for?"

"Couldn't get you out of my fuckin' head" he whispered before colliding their lips once more, she matched his pace as he picked it up, her hands going around his shoulders, the rich fabric of his suit felt nice under her fingertips. His tongue graced her bottom lip asking for entrance but she closed her mouth shaking her head, teasing him.

He moved his teeth to bite her lip but once he removed them, she pinched his shoulder and as he let out a gasp, she slid he tongue on his mouth taking the lead and flipping him around, so now he was the one against the tree. She let her hands fall from his shoulder as one grabbed his jaw harshly and the other traced the back of his neck.

"You are driving me insane" he mumbles against her lips and she hummed before going back to kissing him and he let her take the lead, het tongue exploring every inch of his mouth and he dropped his head back enjoying the feeling.

"We should go in, we can continue inside" he whispered and she nodded, grabbing his hand quickly and running inside, locking the door once they walked in. They silently went up the stairs and entered her bedroom as he picked her up and dropped her at the soft mattress, crawling on top pf her.

He grabbed her neck and brought her face inches away from his before connecting his lips with her and let the wholesome feeling he felt every time he kissed her fill him.

***

"I just need some galleons to go get some more books and food for Lola, you can go home if you want but i won't take long" said Delilah to her parents and they gave her the money telling her to meet them outside Gringotts in half an hour.

She took the money and disappeared into the crowd leaving her parents on their own. It was the 25th of August and she was at Diagon Alley to get the books for her 7th year, she kept walking eager to reach the shop and loose herself at the muggle fantasy section. She entered the shop nodded at some Ravenclaw students from her Herbology class.

She let her eyes wandered around the selves for the books she was looking for, she spotted one on the top self and try to reach it when a hand landed on her shoulder stopping her and she saw a pale hand over her head, reaching for the book on the top self.

"There you go, love" came the voice of Regulus Black as he handed her the book and opened his arms waiting for a hug and Delilah didn't even hesitates before throwing herself at his embrace.

"I missed you so much" whispered Regulus as he drew back from the hug and kissed her temple and she smiled, a bright genuine smile.

"What are you doing here?" she asked before stopping for a minute, "That was a stupid question, let's just ignore it" she mumbled and he chuckled wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"I'm here with my parents to get my books, we were ready to go and i show you entering the shop, i couldn't resist to not follow, i just told my parents i'll meet them at home" he informed her and she nodded as she picked some more books from the selves and headed downstairs to pay for them.

She gave the books to the man as she waited for him to tell how much they cost, while keeping a conversation with Regulus. "That will be five galleons and sixteen sickles madam"

Delilah nodded at the man and reached to take her money from her pocket before she heard coins hit the surface of the wooden small table. "There you do sir" said Regulus taking the books in his hands and dragging away a very calm Delilah who only shrugged her shoulders in response to him paying, more money for her to spend on candy.

"Thank you" she said once they were out of the shop and he nodded his head, re-adjusting their hands so his big one was holding the top of hers. "So where to, darling?" he asked.

"My parents said we have to meet outside of Gringotts in exactly..." she stopped checking her silver watch " seven minutes"

"Then Gringotts is our destination" he said as he manoeuvred them through the crowd, twirling her around a few times to avoid the little kids as she let out breathy laughs. They arrived outside the band exactly three minutes earlier than she was supposed the be there and were sitting at the steps waiting for her parents, talking silently about the school year.

Euphemia and Fleamont Potter joined them some minutes later and neither of the teenagers noticed them standing in front of them until Feamont cleared his throat catching their attention.

"Hello dad" said Delilah smiling at her father, seeming calm and collected, Regulus on the other hand was frozen, his hands felt clammy and sweaty.

"Who are you, son?" Fleamont asked Regulus and the youngest Black did his best to shallow the lump on his throat before extending his hand for a handshake. "Regulus Black sir" he answered, his voice coming out a lot stronger than he expected.

"Fleamont Potter, it's nice to meet you son, heard lots about you from my daughter" he said smirking at Delilah who was wearing a face of betreal

"Dad!"

"Hello Regulus, it's nice to see you again" said Euphemia, offering Regulus a smile.

"You too, Mrs Potter" answered Regulus politely before turning to Delilah.

"I have to go, my parents are expecting me, I'll see you at the platform okey?" he asked and she nodded as he quickly kissed her cheek, many would just see it as a friendly action, right?, gave a nod to her parents and apparated away.

"He seems as a fine young man, rich too" joked Fleamont earning a laugh from the two women beside him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 540 52
Regulus Black fanfic Read the introduction for more information :) And thank you for giving this book a chance!!! Started: 13th April 2023 Finished:...
3.3K 247 10
God save the princess! ciearwaters © 2024
26.4K 1.3K 17
❝You don't find me handsome?❞ Regulus' breath tickles the nape of Laura's neck, sending a wave of happiness down her spine. She leans backward to fa...
209K 8.4K 60
the thought of you kills me, and yet i will die before i think of anything else. [ james potter x fem!oc ] [ ex-lovers to enemies to lovers ]