Little Big Problems

Da _Manjari

Disclaimer: Contains instances of verbal bullying and fat-shaming. ****** Like any other twenty-year-old... Altro

Hello!
Chapter 1: Devil Reincarnate
Chapter 2: Ladies' Man
Chapter 3: Victor Of Being Cruel
Chapter 4: Big Girl Problems
Chapter 5: Your Asshole
Chapter 6: Baited
Chapter 7: Leash On The Devil
Chapter 8: Plus-size
Chapter 9: Unblock
Chapter 10: Space-stuff
Chapter 11: We Meet Again
Chapter 12: Seven Minutes In Hell
Chapter 13: A Stupid Mistake
Chapter 14: Back To Bully
Chapter 15: Falling
Chapter 16: Best Date
Chapter 17: Not Jealous
Chapter 19: The Cursed Jeans
Chapter 20: Repeating Mistake
Chapter 21: Date With A Chef
Chapter 22: Deep Trouble
Chapter 23: Slipping Away
Chapter 24: Meet-Cute
Chapter 25: It's Complicated
Chapter 26: Rooftop Rebels

Chapter 18: Owning Him

5.8K 188 47
Da _Manjari

Sun is shining brightly in the sky and the light gusts of wind hit me pleasantly. It's a perfect Saturday to go out and enjoy my favorite Rose-berry ice cream sundae. Instead I'm stuck spending it with my nemesis. Courtesy of our fashion show.

To add more to my distress Areum isn't joining us today either. She has to be with Sandra and other girls for the clothes fitting. So I have to handle all three guys by myself - which wouldn't be a big deal if Adrien wasn't one of them. He's always troublesome, and after our last night's encounter I am expecting him to be more difficult. I am only glad that Logan will be there too.

I try to calm my jittery nerves as I walk through my dorm's garden to its gate. Logan informed me that he'll be picking me up since we are traveling to city by his car.

When I reach the gate I find a black SUV parked at the side and Logan waving to me from its driver's seat. I see Adrien and Zaid sitting inside too. I suck in a breath before opening the door and climbing in.

Zaid greets me as I sit next to him at the back seat. Logan wishes me good morning and Adrien shoots me a scowl through the rear-view mirror. I reply every one accordingly and we hit the road.

Logan makes small talk about college and usual stuff, most likely to cut down the tension between me and Adrien. Zaid is busy with his phone but he chimes with some comments in between. Adrien sits silent, even though I feel anger rolling out of him in waves. Guess who's still salty about last night?

"So Harper, I heard you were on a date with Raphael yesterday," Zaid says as though he heard my thoughts. The heaviness inside the car increases tenfold at the mere mention of my date.

Logan shakes his head.

"Yeah," I mumble out, my face heating up.

"How did it go?" Zaid asks, smiling and ignoring the glare Adrien is shooting him through the rear-view. If I didn't know any better I'd say he's deliberately trying to incite Adrien.

"It was good. We met at Sling Delight and kept it casual. He was fun and easy to talk to. I enjoyed our time together," I blabber.

"Did you two kiss?" A mischievous grin spreads on Zaid's face and it almost looks odd since I'm used to his evergreen frown. "What am I saying? Of course, you two kissed. I should be asking if you two-"

"Zaid, I know you haven't learned the basics of human interaction, but let me tell you the questions you're asking Harper are inappropriate." Logan interrupts him.

"She is basically one of the guys now. Besides I won't be able to match Adrien when it comes to being inappropriate with her."

"Shut your mouth Haider!" Adrien barks and I jump in my seat.

Zaid's smile widens, unbothered by his outburst. "What? I didn't say anything wrong."

"Don't poke the beast right now Zaid," Logan warns.

"I can't help myself when it's fun."

"One more word and my fist is coming for your face," growls Adrien.

"Shut it, both of you," Logan says before Zaid can speak. He gives a pointed look to both of them. "We have company. Behave. Once we drop her back, you two can go for each other's throat. I'm not going to stop you."

I don't like how small and powerless I feel when I'm surrounded by these big men. They are talking as if I wasn't here, and I might as well not be. With the way Adrien is looking at me from the rear-view, I just want to hide away.

The tense silence stretches until Logan turns on the stereo. Music does nothing to cut down the tension. It is barely an hour ride to city, but right now it feels like a year.

We finally reach the market. Zaid and Adrien jump out of the car before Logan can even park it properly. I catch Logan pursing his lips at their behavior like a disappointed parent, before he sends a small smile my way.

"Adrien is still angry about last night," I say to Logan. It's more of a statement than question.

We're heading toward a clothes store. Zaid and Adrien are walking ahead of us, so they can't hear me.

Logan nods. "Seeing you with Raphael pushed his buttons. But I'm glad it happened. He needed a good punch of reality to set him straight, and last night just did that for him."

My brows knit. "I don't get it." Perhaps, I do quite get it, but I don't want to acknowledge it.

Logan smirks. "Are you feigning ignorance, or you really can't read the obvious signs?"

"Obvious signs?" My eyes narrow. "Spend one day in my shoes and you'll realize how obvious his signs are with that hot and cold behavior."

"Aah, so you're feigning ignorance." Logan chuckles and my cheeks flame at being caught. "You're right about his shitty behavior though. He's not very good at expressing himself when it comes to you. In fact, it's pitiful."

"Pitiful for me?"

"Pitiful for him," Logan corrects me. "The guy has demons of his own, but that doesn't give him the right to treat you like that."

My curiosity peeks, wanting to know all about the demons of that devil.

"I think now it's all coming around to bite him back," he continues. "Seeing you getting close with Raphael, maybe he's now realizing you aren't just a thing that he can own forever and treat it however he wants."

"He doesn't own me," I huff.

"That's what I said Harper." Logan grins, finding my defense amusing. "From how I see it, I think it's the other way round. You are the one who owns that rascal."

"Is there a return policy?" I joke even though I find nothing funny about this situation. Logan is stretching it too. I don't own anyone, much less the brute walking in front of me.

"Can you two move faster?" Adrien grumbles loudly, looking back at us. "I have assignments to do. You can chit-chat later." His face scrunches distastefully. "I'm sure Peppa won't mind going out with you Logan. She's been on a roll with men lately." Even I can hear his tone dripping in jealousy.

I scowl and Logan sends him a glare. He turns back and continues marching forward.

Logan sighs. "Sad to inform you but it seems there's no returning of this item," he whispers in my ear.

*******

"This one suits you." I smile at Zaid's reflection in the mirror. He's donning a white jacket that I picked out for him. "We can keep you shirtless and put some paint on your mid."

"Am I going to be an alien?" He asks.

"Sort of."

He shrugs and that's the only sign I get from him that he likes it.

When he takes off the jacket I put it in hamper. We're almost done with shopping, now I only have to get some accessories and a pair of trousers for Adrien.

Speaking of the devil, he's been snappy and sulky throughout our time here. He's acting like a complete brat. My patience is wearing thin, and honestly right now I'm more annoyed than afraid of him. He's one snarky remark away from getting slapped.

"Let's go to another store for Adrien's trousers," I announce and see Adrien rolling his eyes. I give him a dirty glare before going to the counter to pay for the jacket.

We then walk to another shop at the street end. As we step inside I get to work, whereas the boys huddle at some lone corner with the bags and start gossiping. With the way they were throwing daggers at each other in the car, you'd be surprised how quickly they make up.

As I'm skimming through the store, a pair of jeans catches my eyes. They have a mixture of muddy and rustic coloring scheme going on. In normal circumstances I'll advise to not even go near them, but they are perfect for the show. More than perfect!

I call Adrien and with lazy steps he drags himself next to me.

"Here, try them." I push the jeans in his arms.

He grimaces looking at them. "No."

"I know they don't look good, but they are perfect for the show." I try to reason when on the inside I want to pummel him.

"I'm not wearing jeans that look like they have been shitted on."

"You are not buying them Adrien. You don't have to wear them anywhere other than the show."

"I said no Peppa. That's the end of it." He crosses his arms and looks down at me with snooty eyes. "Now go and get me something better," he says like I'm a slave to do his bidding.

And that does it for me. My patience finally snaps.

*******

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

476K 11.3K 64
Juliet Grayson and Warner Brooks could not be more opposite. Juliet has struggled with body image issues and bullying her entire life. Being 40 pound...
97.6K 1.5K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
1.9K 92 35
Falling in love with your worst enemy is not a simple thing for anyone. ############|||||############## Alex Kensington, heir to a vast medical empi...
629K 23.9K 67
"Why do you do that?" "Do what?" "Talk down on yourself. Every time you get frustrated with yourself you resort to talking bad about yourself." "Thos...