Another Forever

By mahumwrites

"Say it." He whispered, stepping closer to me. "I love you too." I finally admitted, my cheeks flushing dark... More

n o t e
c h a r a c t e r s
p r o l o g u e
1 | h i m
2 | c o l l i s i o n
3 | s c a n d a l o u s
4 | c h e e r f u l
5 | l a h o r e
6 | m e h n d i
7 | m i n e
8 | g o n e
9 | r e m i n d e r
1 0 | g r i e f
1 1 | p r o p o s a l
1 2 | r u d e
1 3 | a w k w a r d
1 4 | n i k a a h
t r a i l e r
1 5 | d i s a p p o i n t m e n t
1 6 | u n d e r s t a n d i n g
1 7 | r e c e p t i o n
1 8 | a l o n e
1 9 | c u d d l e s
2 0 | s i l e n c e
2 1 | a d v a n c e s
2 2 | m e m o r i e s
2 3 | c o n f u s i o n
2 5 | q u e s t i o n s
2 6 | l i e s
2 7 | t r i p
2 8 | s u n s e t
2 9 | a f r a i d
3 0 | f a m i l y
3 1 | c l o s u r e
3 2 | a f t e r m a t h
3 3 | c a t a s t r o p h e
3 4 | c r u e l
3 5 | h a n g o u t
3 6 | a p o l o g y
3 7 | s u r p r i s e
3 8 | f e e l i n g s
3 9 | i n - l a w s
4 0 | f a r
4 1 | d i l e m m a
4 2 | c u d d l e s
4 3 | g a l a
4 4 | t r u s t
4 5 | a n g r y
4 6 | a c c i d e n t
4 7 | b l u s h
4 8 | d a r k
e p i l o g u e

2 4 | s a r e e

7.5K 565 188
By mahumwrites

• f a a r i s •

How do you politely give someone their kid back without sounding too eager to get rid of it? I love Isha, I really do, but holding a kid scares the crap out of me. What if I drop her and she gets injured? Or what if she vomits on me? There were so many ways it could go wrong.

"You look like you are going to piss yourself." Ali said as he entered the lounge and took the seat beside his wife. "Get used to it. You are going to have your own soon."

"Not soon enough." I whispered under my breath but he heard it anyway.

"Bhabhi is beautiful. You are a lucky man." He said and Hina cleared her throat. "Not luckier than me though." He added and wrapped his arms around Hina's shoulder.

"Yeah." I fought back my smile. It was true; Noor really looked stunning today. The black colour contrasted perfectly against her pale skin and the saree hugged her figure, accentuating her delicate curves. Too bad, it was extremely hard to stare at her without looking like a creep.

I was busy keeping Isha at a distance when my phone started ringing. I handed her over to Ali and answered the call, which was weirdly Noor's.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Come here. I need your help." She said and cut the call. I stared at the mobile screen in confusion, not knowing what to do with it.

"Um... Noor needs my help." I told them and they both exchanged a knowing smirk. Rolling my eyes at whatever they were assuming, I made my way to the guest bedroom.

The minute I walked into the room, I gasped at the sight in front of me. Noor was standing in front of me, disheveled and sweaty, desperately trying to hold onto her loosened saree.

"How did that happen?" I asked.

"I don't know." She said, hyperventilating.

"Did you drape it properly?" I asked.

"Yeah. I mean, I wrapped it around and secured it with pins." She said.

"Did you put pleats?" I asked.

"What's a pleat?" She asked.

"Um... You have never worn a saree before?" I asked and she shook her head in no.

"What do I do now?" She asked.

I shook my head and walked over to her. "May I?" I asked, extending my hand towards her.

"You know how to do it?" She asked.

"I work in textiles, remember?" I said.

"Oh." She said and handed over the bunched up end of saree to me.

I revolved around her, wrapping the cloth around her waist, leaving some spare for pleats. Extending my hands, I reached her waist to tuck the saree properly inside the underskirt. But as soon as my fingers touched the barely visible skin of her waist, she gasped.

I was amused on seeing her reaction so the next time my fingers went to her waist, I kept my eyes on her face, which came pretty close to exploding. She tried everything in her power not to meet my eyes and it was funny seeing her turning into a tomato.

After setting one end of saree on her shoulder and securing it with pins, I collected the cloth that I had spared for pleats. "Look closely. This is how you do it." I said and showed her how to do it properly. After doing so, I stepped closer to her and tucked the pleats inside her underskirt.

My eyes lingered on her blushing face while my fingers grazed the smooth skin of her waist. She gently bit her soft red lips and her teeth left a small indentation on them. My throat dried at the beautiful sight and I gulped the ball of nerves down my throat.

At last, she lifted her head to glare at me and that's when I finally decided to move away and relieve her of misery, and myself too.

"Thanks." She said.

"My pleasure." I said.

Together, we both walked outside towards the dining table where Ali was setting the food while Hina was handling Isha. Noor and I took the seat opposite to them and started serving some food in our plates.

°°°°°°°°°°°

• n o o r •

The food was delicious and I would have enjoyed it more, if I was still not embarrassed over what happened back there. I was mortified for having to ask Faaris for help and then having him so close to me was absolutely nerve wrecking.

I could still feel his fingers on my waist and it was causing rush of heat to my cheeks. And to add to my misery, I am pretty sure Hina was getting wrong ideas about Faaris and me due to my constant blushing.

After dinner, she served Masala chai that was cherry on top. "I must say, you are an amazing cook." I said.

"Thank you, but Ali made most of it." She stared lovingly at her husband and it made my heart clench with an unknown desire. I don't think so I would ever stare at Faaris like that, neither would he. We were destined to a lifetime of nervous glances and awkward conversations.

"MaShaAllah." I said.

"Thanks. I've heard from a certain someone that you make amazing chicken curry." He said.

I stared at Faaris in surprising, who was busy glaring at Ali. He then noticed me staring at him, so he shrugged in response. A smile made its way to my lips and I lowered my head to my plate.

After the chai session, we talked a little and then it was time to leave. I exchange contact information with Hina and then they both came with us to the door.

"I will miss Isha." I said and touched her pink cheeks. "I love babies."

"Don't worry Bhabhi. You will get a little Faaris soon." Ali Bhai said to me.

Faaris and I exchanged an awkward glance at this and I hid my face from him with the help of my hair.

"I'll deal with you later." Faaris said to Ali and then said his goodbye to Hina. We both walked back to his car where the driver was already waiting for us.

"They both are amazing." I said once the driver started the car to fill the awkward silence.

"Yeah." He said.

Silence once again.

"You could have told me you liked my curry. I would have made it again." I said.

"And you could have told me you don't know how to wear a saree. I would have helped you." He replied.

"You didn't ask." I said.

"Neither did you." He replied. I groaned at this and turned my face away from him.

We didn't acknowledge each other's presence for the rest of the drive. When we reached our apartment, it was almost 8 in the evening. Going straight to the bedroom, I first tied my hair on top of my head and then took off my jewelry one by one.

From the mirror, I could see Faaris stripping off his shirt to change. While I wiped my makeup off, my eyes shamelessly lingered on his muscular torso and I mentally scolded myself for it. When did I start noticing a half-dressed man like some creep? Astagfirullah.

As soon as he turned around, I averted my eyes and focused them on my reflection. This time, I felt his eyes on me, boring holes on my back. I felt conscious under his attentive gaze so before he could scan me further, I rushed to the bathroom to change.

Half an hour later, I was leaning against the headboard of the bed, dressed in my black pyjamas, reading a fashion magazine while Faaris was sitting close to me, his attention solely on his laptop screen.

Again and again, I looked at him but he was like a statue, frozen in one position. His one eyebrow was raised, his mouth was thinned to a straight line and his jaw was clenched. Sometimes, I feel like wanting to know him better but I didn't know how to start a conversation. Besides, seems like his work was the only thing in the world he actually cared about.

"You are glaring." He said, breaking my trance.

"I am not." I said.

"Yes, you are." He turned his head to me. "Is there anything you want to say?"

"Well, yes." I finally admitted. "Can we talk?"

"About what?" He asked.

"Nothing in particular. Just generally. Can't we get to know each other better?" I said.

Humor flashed in his dark eyes and he smirked. "Sure. What do you want to talk about?"

"Nothing." I said angrily at the tone of his voice and put the magazine away. Ignoring him altogether, I lay down to sleep and turned my back to him.

After a small while, the lights on the room were turned off and then I felt the bed dip behind me.

"What's your favourite colour?" He asked.

At first, I didn't speak anything but then a meek voice left my mouth. "Blue. Yours?"

"Black." He said.

"That's why you sent a black saree?" I asked, shifting on the bed so I was facing him now.

"Hmm." He said and then added. "Your turn. Ask."

"What do you do for fun?" I asked.

"I play golf." He said.

"That's such a white people's sport." I clicked my tongue. "I like gardening."

"That's still a thing?" He asked.

"Yes, it is." I glared. "Your turn now."

"Your favourite book?" He asked.

"Gone girl. Yours?" I asked.

"The 7 habits of highly effective people." He said.

"Why am I not surprised?" I chuckled.

He furrowed his eyebrows at this and then rolled over to lie on his back. "Good night, Noor." He said and put his arm over his eyes.

"Sorry. I'll not make fun of your answers from now onwards." I said.

"It's okay. I'm just tired. We will continue this tomorrow night." He said.

"Oh." I pouted sadly because I was just starting to enjoy it. "Good night."

"Good night." He said. I was about to turn to the other side when he added, "You looked beautiful today."

"Thanks." I said as something stirred inside my stomach.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Eid is over and my first job starts from Monday. I'll have my first three-month rotation in Child Psychiatry ward so wish me luck :)

P.s: do write what questions these two cuties should ask in their next QnA session.

P.p.s: To those asking why I'm not updating regularly, there are hundreds of reasons everyday why I don't find time. But I'll try my best to be consistent from now onwards.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.7K 3.5K 51
The story unfolds the sweet tender moments of Rishabh and Paridhi, how their love blossoms, during and after their (arranged love) marriage. Paridhi...
223K 8.5K 47
Getting dressed I grabbed the hodni (scarf) as a mere source to cover my shame, he pulled me out of the room. With the pain all over my body especial...
887K 55K 54
**A Wattpad featured story** Bekhudi || بیخودی ❝ He gently dragged his hand around the delicate skin of my neck, slowly care...
1.2M 69K 54
•completed• When I was six, Baba had got me my first doll. I vividly remember her, my best friend. I had named her Sameera, she had huge eyes and wor...