Buttercup Love - Ryeji

By cherryong_2

The ups and downs of school and life affect the one-sided love between an aspiring writer and her beautiful b... More

Dear Hwang Yeji
Love Expert
The New Student
My Seatmate
Just Let Loose
Run Towards Happiness
I'll Do Anything For You
Cheer Up, Chief
A Game Of Secrets
Teach Me
A True Winner Loses
Your Number#1 Fan
A Beautiful Weekend
Carrying A Burden
A Battle For Love
Light In The Dark Sky
Without You
Your Warmth
Lovers' Symphony
The Perfect You
For A While
Still A One-Sided Love?
Sober Thoughts
A Proposal
Harmonium In The Rain
To Our Beautiful Love

Ode To My Lover

556 38 0
By cherryong_2

2021

As Yeji steps out of the airport, a big smile formed on her face as countless memories start to flood her mind while she walks.

But the smile on her face immediately dissolved into a sad look as her girlfriend is nowhere to be found. They talked about meeting at the airport, but Ryujin isn't present whatsoever.

After a few minute of silence and walking in the snow, Yeji suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder that made her a little flustered.

Yeji looked behind her and her eyes started glowing out of happiness and excitement. "Shin Ryujin." Yeji said and gazed at Ryujin's heart shaped eyes.

"Hwang Yeji, you were ignoring me the whole time. Is something wrong?" Ryujin said amd crossed her arms as she cutely scrunched her nose.

Yeji started stroking the back of her head as she desperately tried to think of an excuse to her adorable girlfriend. "S-shin Ryujin, I'm sorry. I didn't see you at all." Yeji said and slowly walked towards Ryujin and planted a kiss on her lips. "I'm so sowwy."

Ryujin let out an annoyed face at the cat-eyed girl. "So you're teasing my height?" Ryujin asked while acting angry.

Yeji chuckled at Ryujin. "Shin Ryujin, stop being angry!" Yeji shouted and hugged her girlfriend.

A big smile formed on Ryujin's face as she felt really comfortable and warm in their hug. "Hwang Yeji, I miss you so much. I love you." Ryujin whispered to Yeji's ear and planted a kiss on her cheek.

Yeji slowly broke the hug and smiled at her girlfriend. "I miss you too, Shin Ryujin. I love you too." Yeji said back and kissed Ryujin on the lips.

Ryujin started fixing her scarf and connected her arms with the cat-eyed girl. "Hwang Yeji, let's eat. I'm hungry."

Yeji slowly leaned closer to Ryujin's ear. "Do you want to go to a hotel?" Yeji whispered that sent shivers to Ryujin.

Ryujin's eyes widened as she couldn't believe Yeji said those words. "What are you saying?" Ryujin said and started hitting Yeji's shoulder.

Yeji defended herself and let out a laugh at the cute look on her girlfriend's face. "I'm just kidding, Shin Ryujin."

Ryujin crossed her arms and started acting angry. "Hwang Yeji, let's go to that restaurant." Ryujin said and pointed at a certain building.

--

"Hwang Yeji, how was your trip to America?" Ryujin asked out of curiosity while eating ice cream.

Yeji let out a big smile as her eyes wander around the restaurant. "It was fun, Ryu. I met so many doctors and people there that I used to look up to as a kid. How about you? how are you doing? and I'm really sorry for only calling like once a week." Yeji apologized to the short-haired girl.

Ryujin let out a big smile as she so proud of her girlfriend. "Hwang Yeji, it's okay. We're both busy. Anyways, I just finished my internship and I am actually working as a writer for a big company."

Yeji stood up from her seat and sat down besides Ryujin. "When will you publish your own book?" Yeji asked out of curiosity while caressing Ryujin's hair.

Ryujin pouted at Yeji. "I don't know, Yeji. Publishing my own book will be expensive. Right now, I'm just writing for someone."

"So people present you their ideas and you write them?"

"Yep." Ryujin said and smiled. "A-anyways, Hwang Yeji. W-will you start working?"

Yeji placed her arm on the short-haired girl. "Yeah. My mentor recommended me this big hospital that is really close from here. I already applied for the job and he said that I can start working tomorrow and take care of a few patients."

"Yeji, I want to visit the hospital."

"Alright."

--
- 4 days later -

"Make way please." The doctors said while running their way to the operating room.

The nurses who are helping the parademics with the stretcher looked at the patient who is laying down and bleeding so much. "Just keep breathing."

The girl kept on screaming in pain as she tried her best to control her breathing.

"H-Hyunjin, y-you can do this." Ryujin weakly said to her friend while running with Heejin and Yeji.

Hyunjin slowly looked at her girlfriend and smiled. "...Heejin...I love...you." Hyunjin weakly said.

As Hyunjin is finally taken to the operating room, Heejin fell to the floor and started sobbing.

Ryujin sat down besides the rabbit and started patting her back. "Heejin, what happened to her?"

Heejin covered her eyes with her clenched fists and started kicking the floor. "I-it's all my fault, Ryujin. It was my fault we got into an accident. I'm so dumb. I-I'm so scared, Ryujin. I-I saw her bone come out of her knee. Is she gonna die?!" Heejin yelled out of frustration.

Ryujin tried to think of something to cheer her friend up. "No, Heejin. Don't say that. Hyunjin is gonna be fine." Ryujin said and stood up and grabbed her phone from her pocket.

Heejin looked at Ryujin and started wiping her sweat and tears. "W-what are you doing?"

"I'm calling Chaeryeong." Ryujin said and started taking deep breathes as her head started to ache.

--

Ryujin slowly opened her eyes and sat down as she held her aching head.

"Chief, you're awake." Chaeryeong said and sat down besides the short-haired girl and handed her a bottle of water.

Heejin started walking around in circles while wiping her tears as she kept on thinking about her girlfriend.

Suddenly, the door to the operating room opened that caught their attention.

Yeji slowly walked outside and started cleaning the blood stain off her clothes.

Ryujin looked away. "Oh my god. Blood."

Yeji immediately hid her bleeding gloves and let out a small smile at her friends. "I'm sorry."

Heejin stood up and walked closer to Yeji. "What happened to Hyunjin? is the operation done? Yeji answer me!" Heejin yelled out of frustration.

Yeji slowly looked at Heejin in the eyes. "Hyunjin is..."

--

"MeowJin, do you remember our first kiss?" Heejin asked while looking at an empty bed.

Heejin let out a bittersweet smile while reminiscing about their youth. "I got punched by Soyeon that time. You were freaking out that day." Heejin said and let out a chuckle. "It was a romantic day. I love you, Hyunjin."

"You can peacefully rest now." Heejin added.

Chaeryeong slowly entered the room while assisting the cat who is sitting on a wheelchair.

"Chaeryeong, thanks for helping me. Heejin is too busy being dramatic." Hyunjin said while looking at the rabbit.

Heejin let out a small smile and grabbed the TV remote. "Let's watch TV." Heejin said and turned on the TV.

Yeji and Ryujin stood by the door and smiled while looking at their friends.

"Ryeongie, you're on the TV!" Ryujin shouted and pointed at the TV.

"I won this race because I was thinking about someone. I was thinking about my friend. I promised her that I will win every race for her."

Ryujin looked at Yeji and let out a chuckle at the jealous expression on her face. Ryujin cupped Yeji's face and planted a kiss on her lips.

"Stop being jealous, baby."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 1.6K 36
Where Ryujin tells her love story.
30K 1.3K 20
Songs are my kind of escapism. Do you want to be one? -Shin Ryujin You are really a cheesy dumbass. -Hwang Yeji
29.9K 1.4K 30
An idol in desperate need of love falls for a beautiful fan. Started: January 22nd 2022 Finished: May 10th 2022
42.8K 2.3K 35
Yeji is a classically trained violinist from a rich, elite family. Ryujin is a prodigious cellist from a humble background. What will happen when two...