Buttercup Love - Ryeji

By cherryong_2

The ups and downs of school and life affect the one-sided love between an aspiring writer and her beautiful b... More

Dear Hwang Yeji
Love Expert
The New Student
My Seatmate
Just Let Loose
Run Towards Happiness
I'll Do Anything For You
Cheer Up, Chief
A Game Of Secrets
Teach Me
A True Winner Loses
Your Number#1 Fan
A Beautiful Weekend
Carrying A Burden
A Battle For Love
Light In The Dark Sky
Without You
Your Warmth
Lovers' Symphony
The Perfect You
Ode To My Lover
Still A One-Sided Love?
Sober Thoughts
A Proposal
Harmonium In The Rain
To Our Beautiful Love

For A While

590 35 1
By cherryong_2

2016

A smile formed on Ryujin's face as she slowly walked inside of Yeji's dormitory and looked at her girlfriend who is sitting all by herself.

"H-hey, Yeji." Ryujin shyly said while holding something behind her back.

Yeji stopped reading and started fixing her stuff and patted the extra space on her bed. "Sit down besides me, Ryu."

"I have a gift for you, Yeji."

Yeji smiled at the short-haired girl. "What is it?" Yeji asked out of curiosity and excitement is seen on her face.

Ryujin slowly showed Yeji the plant she is holding behind her back. "This, Yeji."

Yeji carefully took the plant from Ryujin's hand and placed it on her desk where there's sunlight. "This plant is so cute. What's it called?" Yeji asked and looked at her girlfriend.

"It's called a Buttercup, Yeji. It reminds me of you." Ryujin said and sat down besides Yeji and rested her head on her shoulder.

"Why? because it's pretty like me?"

Ryujin let out a chuckle at what the cat-eyed girl said. "Yes and Buttercup plants represent childishness."

Yeji let out a pout and faced the floor. "How am I childish?"

"Hwang Yeji, when we were in twelfth grade, you voted for Lia as Vice President because you saw me hanging out with Chaeryeong. Isn't that childish? you big baby." Ryujin said and planted a kiss on Yeji's nose.

Yeji chuckled as she clearly remembers that day. "You're right."

After a few seconds, Ryujin stood up and sat down on Yeji's lap that caught her off guard.

Yeji let out a confused face at her girlfriend. "Shin Ryujin, why are you so clingy today?" Yeji said and chuckled.

Ryujin slowly faced the floor and let out a sad expression. "Don't you like it? alright, I'll just go now." Ryujin said while pouting and stood up.

Yeji held the short-haired girl and smiled. "You're so childish too, Shin Ryujin." Yeji said and gave Ryujin a pinch on the cheek.

The sad look on Ryujin's adorable face made Yeji chuckle.

"What's with the sad face, Shin Ryujin? do you want to break up with me?" Yeji jokingly asked the short-haired girl.

Ryujin slowly gazed at Yeji's eyes and smiled. "Nope. If I break up with you, I will regret it very much." Ryujin said and planted a kiss on Yeji's lips.

Yeji smiled at her girlfriend and kissed her back on the lips. "I love you, Shin Ryujin."

"I love you too, Hwang Yeji."

The two have been happy these past few years. Even though their goals in life are very different and they're always very busy, they organize their schedules well and make time for each other. Ryujin is admired by her fellow students because of her passion and precision when it comes to writing and many students and teachers look up to Yeji's intelligence.

They sometimes fight but they immediately apologize to each other. They're just like any other relationships. Yeji is happy and satisfied with their relationship. Ryujin, on the other hand, feels the same as she never expected Yeji becoming her girlfriend as that idea only existed in her mind when she was still a student and she still haven't forgotten Chaeryeong's sudden tear jerking love confession to her.

--

"Hwang Yeji, can you flip the page for me? my hands are occupied." Ryujin said to the cat-eyed girl while showing off her cat paw gloves.

Yeji chuckled at her girlfriend and flipped the page for her. "You're so adorable, Shin Ryujin. Why do we even hangout at the library? we can just go to a coffee shop." Yeji asked while looking at Ryujin.

Ryujin stopped reading her book and gazed at Yeji. "It's peaceful here. Cute music, good coffee, and there are tons of books."

Yeji let out a big smile and planted a kiss on Ryujin's cheek. "Alright. I agree with you."

After a few seconds of silence, Yeji's phone suddenly vibrated in her pocket.

Yeji grabbed her phone from her pocket and checked it. "Ryujin, my professor needs me." Yeji said and stood up from her seat.

Ryujin looked at her cat paw gloves and let out a sad face. "But who'll turn the pages for me?" Ryujin weakly asked and pouted.

Yeji gave Ryujin a pat on the head. "I'll be quick, Ryujin." Yeji said and planted a kiss on Ryujin's lips.

Ryujin leaned closer to her girlfriend. "I love you, Yeji." Ryujin whispered.

"I love you too, Ryujin." Yeji whispered back and left.

--

"Lia, thanks for coming and flipping the pages for me." Ryujin said while walking with her friend.

Lia let out a laugh while looking at the short-haired girl. "Shin Ryujin, what in the world are you wearing?" Lia asked out of curiosity.

Ryujin started showing off her cat paw gloves. "They are called cat paw gloves. Yeji gave them to me last week on our anniversary." Ryujin said making Lia surprised.

Lia's eyes widened a little bit. "You're in a relationship with Hwang Yeji?" Lia asked and stopped walking.

"Yeah, we've been together for 4 years." Ryujin said and smiled while thinking about her girlfriend. "Anyways, how about you, Lia? how are you doing?"

Lia smiled and continued walking. "I'm an aspiring model, Shin Ryujin. Unfortunately, I have no time for relationships."

Ryujin smiled and gave Lia a pat on the back. "I'm so happy for you."

After a few seconds of walking, Lia pointed at a certain direction as she saw a familiar person.

"I think that's Yeji. She's looking for you."

Ryujin looked at where Lia is pointing and her smile became bigger. Ryujin raised her hand so Yeji can see her in the sea of people.

Yeji let out a small smile and ran towards the two girls.

"O-oh, Choi Jisu. It's been a while." Yeji said and took out her hand for Lia to shake.

Lia smiled and shook Yeji's hand. "I have a photoshoot today. I have to go." Lia said and checked her watch.

"Alright, see you later, Lia." Ryujin said and waved her hand.

When Lia finally left, Yeji held Ryujin's hand that made her a little confused.

"Yeji, what's wrong?"

Yeji started taking deep breathes as she is hesitating to tell Ryujin what's in her mind. "R-ryujin..."

"What?"

Yeji forced a small smile at her girlfriend. "R-ryujin, my professor talked to me. There's a really big med school in America. They were really interested with my potential and asked me to train and study there for 5 years."

Ryujin's eyes widened a little bit. "Decline it." Ryujin said without hesitation and started walking.

Yeji held Ryujin's hand. "R-ryujin, I don't want to waste an opportunity."

Ryujin looked back at the cat-eyed girl and tears started going down from her eyes. "Yeji, go ahead. Go to America."

Yeji smiled and started wiping Ryujin's tears. "R-really? t-thank you."

"But let's break up."

Yeji's eyes widened as she heard those words. "R-ryujin, I-I'm gonna be very busy, but I'll make sure to call you on my free time."

"I can't even endure a week without you. How will I endure 5 years without you?"

Yeji hugged the short-haired girl. "Ryujin, in a relationship, there will be times that you will get separated from your loved one."

Ryujin started wiping her tears. "T-this is just so sudden, Yeji."

"I know, Ryujin. Do you want to buy some ice cream?" Yeji asked to lighten up the mood.

Ryujin let out a smile. "A-alright."

Yeji planted a kiss on Ryujin's lips. "Let's go, Ryu."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 56 11
Yeji and Ryujin are K-pop idols from a girl group called ITZY. One of them is head over heels for the other, while the other is trying to push their...
53.3K 2.4K 34
At a Korean high school, charming and rebellious Ryujin vies for the affections of a shy new student, Yeji. This is a journey of both Ryujin and Yeji...
27.6K 1.6K 36
Where Ryujin tells her love story.
42.9K 2.3K 35
Yeji is a classically trained violinist from a rich, elite family. Ryujin is a prodigious cellist from a humble background. What will happen when two...