How To Save A Life - Grey's A...

By wheredidthegoodgo

HEY GUYS !! if ur reading this it means u stumbled across my story/account ! as much as i am proud of this st... More

A big day
New beginnings
An accident
Finding the lost
Love, Lies and Deceit
Does she still remember
Driving down recovery road
Hoping you're someone I used to know
But you're probably with that blonde girl
Who always made me doubt
I can't tell you what I'll write, they're words without the paper
A/N
Somebody said you got a new friend
I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me
I did my best, it wasn't much, I couldn't feel so I tried to touch
All my troubles on a burning pile, all lit up and I start to smile
We were love drunk waiting on a miracle
So alone in love like the world had disappeared
Never got the chance to say a last goodbye, I gotta move on but it hurts to try
What I would do to take away this fear of being loved, an allegiance to the pain
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you...
A/N
Just like the day that I met you, the day I thought forever
I bet you even tell her how you love her
Twisted reality hopeless insanity, I told you I was okay but I was lying
You'll be the prince and i'll be the princess its a love story baby just say yes
I've been a victim of a selfish kind of love
Hold on I still need you
Breathe
Somewhere between unsure and a hundred
Heartbeat make me feel young again
Take a sad song and make it better
I moved on for the better, you moved on to whoever
Got a pretty face, a pretty boyfriend too
The things I did, just so I could call you mine
Guess you didn't cheat, but you're still a traitor
Good for you, you look happy and healthy, not me
Character descriptions
I said, excuse me you're a hell of a guy
Why you still talking 'bout me like we together?
I'll always remember us this way
The less I know, the better
Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air
Hello? It's me

How to save a life

222 7 21
By wheredidthegoodgo

‼️HERE IS YOUR OFFICIAL TISSUE WARNING ‼️

Please put chasing cars and how to save a life on repeat... and grab some tissues ur gonna need it 

also u must listen to the song because it's actually the actors/actresses singing and its so good!

------

Derek's POV

''Bye.'' I hung up the phone and Meredith walked into the bedroom.

''Who was that?'' She asked as she sat down on the bed and took her socks off. I stared at her and hesitated to give her an answer. She glared back at me and stood up, shit she could be scary. 

''Hello to you too.'' I said sarcastically trying to lighten her mood, but I think I just made her angrier. She's in a very bad mood, I probably shouldn't mess around. She glared at me without saying a word indicating that I need to tell her who it was. ''The President.'' I said flatly. Her face instantly dropped.

''What?!'' She said harshly while crossing her arms. ''Why was the President calling you?''

''Uhh he says he has a new research project for me. Well, not necessarily new, he wants me to continue the brain mapping project.''

''But I thought you finished that project? Why on earth does he want you to continue it?'' She raised her voice, then lowered it remembering the kids were asleep.

''I did finish it! But he thinks that I may discover new things if I continue, you know with technology improving and funds for research increasing?''

''Well I guess that's true.'' She said with her voice much calmer. 

''But... he insists that I go back to DC to do it.'' Her eyes met mine and I could see the anger in them, she was very mad.

''Do yo- do you just not remember what DC did to our marriage last time?! A woman kissed you! We had hardly any communication and lost all trust in each other!'' She said raising her voice again, she almost sounded disgusted. 

''I know! And that's why I asked to do it here.''

''And?''

''And he declined, but he said he would personally pay for you and our kids to move there for 3-5 months.'' 

''Derek. We just became the Chief's of surgery! We can't just leave! I just received the biggest promotion of my life, I will not ruin it because you have to go to DC for the president!''

''And I told him that! But he is insisting I go.'' I say calmly trying to settle the conversation.

''You cannot just leave and abandon me and expect me to run this hospital by myself! Who do you think I am? God?!'' She yells with a tear rolling down her cheek.

''Meredith, I know. I know all of this and I don't expect you to do it by yourself! But I have to go, he insists.''

''What do you mean by 'insists'.''

''I mean he could ruin my medical career if I don't. It was more of an 'order' than a 'suggestion'.'' She sighed letting the tears flow. She seemed less angry now, more sad. ''I'll ask someone to replace me if you like? Who do you want? Jackson, Cristina, Jo, Lexie?''

''So you really have to go?'' She sobbed and I pulled her into a hug.

''I do Mer. It won't be long, no more than 4 months, I'll make sure of it.''

''Can I have Jackson be your replacement? I would ask Cristina but I think we would get more gossiping than working done.'' She lets out a very small laugh, so quiet I could hardly hear it. 

''Of course, I'll call him tonight.''

''Tonight? When are you leaving?!'' She pulls away from the hug to look at my face. 

''Midday tomorrow. I know it's soon, but the sooner I leave the sooner I'm home, okay?''

She sighs angrily. ''Okay, whatever. Call Jackson, make sure he's ready for tomorrow. I'm going to have a shower.''

''Really, what a coincidence! Me too! I'll call Jackson later.'' I smiled. We walked into the bathroom, closed the door and locked it.

*the next day*

''Bye kids I'll miss you so much but I'll be home soon. Daddy loves you, don't forget that.'' I kissed each of them on the forehead and finally moved to Meredith. The kids had run back into the house as they had to get ready for school. 

''Meredith. I love you and I'm sorry that I'm leaving.'' She kissed me, it's going to be the last kiss for a while. She nodded, scared to speak incase she started crying. ''Stay here, don't move, wait for me.'' I smiled, caressed her face, flashed my 'mcdreamy' eyes and turned around and headed to the car. I hopped in the black car and drove away. As I drove to the airport I witnessed two cars collide in front of me. Being the doctor I am, I got out of the car to help. I called an ambulance and everyone lived. I hopped back in the car and drove off the side of the road. 

As I started driving, I received a phone call. I reached over to grab my phone and realised it's the president probably wondering where the hell I was. I missed my flight because that took so long but I saved four lives, that's worth missing my flight.

I raised the phone to my ear but out of the corner of my eye I saw a massive semi-truck flying down the middle of the road going way too fast. Before I had time to move, the truck slammed into my car and I was sent flying. The car flipped, me still buckled inside and everything went black. 

My eyes fluttered open and I realised I was in a hospital. Obviously not a very good one because I was in a trauma room with a head u=injury instead of being in CT. They needed to get me to a CT.

''Hello, I'm Dr. Blake. You've been in an accident, can you tell me your name?'' I could hear her speaking, I could understand what she was saying, I could reply to her, but nothing was coming out of my mouth. ''Okay, nod if you can understand me.'' I nodded. I tried to tell her that my name was Derek Shepherd and was a brain surgeon but by the look on her face, it wasn't working. I knew that I had a massive cranial hematoma and that I needed a CT, but she didn't understand me.

''Dr. Castello, I think we need to get him to a head CT.'' Dr. Blake said.

''No, we should attend to is other injuries first, he'll bleed out if we don't get to surgery now!''

''But Dr, what good is that if he's brain de-''

''No, call the OR and rush him into surgery!'' She nodded, not wanting to anger her attending. She was obviously a resident if she isn't standing up to her attending. 

*5 hours later, Derek is out of surgery*

''Ma'am, is this the house of Derek Shepherd.''

''Yes it is, he's my husband.'' Meredith said with a concerned tone. 

''I'm afraid there's been an accident, could you come with us please.''

''Okay, let me just get my kids.'' Meredith, the kids and the police arrived at the hospital.

''Derek!'' Meredith rushed to my side. I could hear her, but not because I was alive. I could hear her because I had passed over and I was looking down on her. She sobbed, I hated seeing her sad. But she wasn't sad, she was devastated, heartbroken and numb. 

''Where are the papers?'' She said flatly.

''There's some things you need to know. Some things we need to discuss. Difficult things.'' Dr Castello said. 

''I'm a doctor. Dr Grey. I'm a surgeon just like my husband was, I know how this works. You've waited the required hours and now you can officially declare him dead. Normally, you'd talk to me about organ donation, but by the looks of his chart, there's not much left that works to donate. So the ICU needs a bed, and those must be the papers. The papers you want me to sign to decide what to do with my husband, now that he's dead, but not really dead. Do we ship him off to a long term care facility and cross our fingers and hope for fairytales and magic, or do I pull the plug. Stop all curative intervention. Discontinue all routine monitoring. Remove all the catheters, drains and tubes. And any and all treatments that might provide comfort to the patient. Terminate all life sustaining measures. And behave as any sane doctor would behave. Does that about cover it doctor? Is that what you want to talk to me about? While I sit here with my sleeping children! You wanna talk about killing my husband? Give me the papers!''

''Ma'am I-''

''GIVE ME THE PAPERS!'' Meredith screamed in his face. She signed the papers and left the room.

Meredith's POV

The nurse started to turn off all the machines as I sat next to Derek. She reached for the tube in his mouth.

''Wait.''

''Ma'am.'' The nurse  says 

''JUST WAIT!'' I sighed and tears began to come down my face. 

''Derek.'' I breathed 

''Derek!'' I pleaded. 

''Derek.''

''It's okay. You go. We'll be fine.'' I caressed his face. I stood up and placde my hands on his chest. 

''Are you ready?'' The nurse asked.

''No. But go ahead.'' I stared blankly at her. She removed the tube and his chest deflated.

''Mommy, mommy.'' I heard faintly. Zola was awake outside the room. Suddenly I was shaking, but I didn't think it was me making myself shake. 

''Mommy. Mommy!'' Zola's voice grew louder. She continued to shake me. 

My eyes flew open and I gasped. I looked to my left and there was Zola shoving my body trying to wake me up. Was I in a trance? Did the shock of his death put me in a trance? 

I looked to my right and there, lying in our bed was my husband. My very alive husband. I began to breathe heavily. I smiled at Zola and she ran out of the room. I woke Derek up and started crying. 

''Meredith what's wrong?'' He asked me sleepily. 

''I dreamt you died.'' 

''Well I'm very alive. Come here.'' He opened his arms and pulled me into his warm chest. The sound of his heart beat, and the feeling of his chest rising and falling calmed me, it reassured me he was alive.

It was all a dream...

A/N:

Hey! So if you're reading this you made it through this chapter. Sike bitches! No Derek is NOT DEAD i just wanted to scare tf outta ya'll. Btw I cried writing this chapter but I'm sick (with a cold, not mentally sick... or am i?) and I've been bored all day so I decided I wanted to scare tf outta y'all. Anyway... SORRY not sorry BAHAHAH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 315 16
so this starts off by Derek choosing Addison over Meredith.A lot of tragic things happen to meredith which makes derek realize he loves her but never...
23.1K 540 109
A complicated relationship between MER and DER .......read a find out what happen in their life..... This story is a emotional rollarcoaster. FYI thi...
28.5K 859 27
❝𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 ❞ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛...
181K 5.4K 49
Greys Anatomy AU ✽ ✽ ✽ ✽ The Seattle Grace and Mercy West merger is in process. Derek and Addison are finalizing their divorce. Meredith and Alex are...