The War Within | Wanda Maximo...

By ozonin

[SLOW UPDATES] Y/n, paralyzed with anger and resentment makes a brash decision to conspire with Sword, an ext... More

warning/intro
Prologue
Chapter One; Rough Waters, Literally
Chapter Two; In The Arms Of A Witch
Chapter Three; Breaking and Entering and Eating
Chapter Five; Memory Lane
Chapter Six; SandWitches
Chapter Seven; One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
Chapter Eight; Make It Okay
Chapter Nine; No One Likes A Prying Witch
Chapter Ten; Company

Chapter Four; Did I Say That Out Loud?

3.1K 222 125
By ozonin

"Badass agent to lame ass agents, does anyone hear me?" I shook the watch, huffing when I still received no answer. "Helloooo, anyone copy? Or whatever the hell you guys say." 

Useless piece of— now I had no way of contacting these damn people, plus my boat was wrecked and the sails ripped. That meant I'd have to rebuild it myself to leave and that alone would take a minimum of a month and half, two months depending how quickly I could find the materials.

I could just have Wanda fix me up a boat but that would be taking the easy route and I, Y/n Y/ln, do not take easy routes. Never have, never will.

So I threw the watch back into my backpack before raising up and moving out of my mini home cave. If I couldn't connect with these assholes, then I'd have to take matters into my own hands and I'm sure they wouldn't like that so.. something had to be figured out.

In the meantime, I started to pull what was left of my boat onto the sandy shore, trying to piece everything together.

Most of the boat was tore apart or indented but that's not what I was worried about. It was figuring out how to configure the steering wheel again. That's the one thing I knew I'd have trouble with. But, like I said, no easy routes. I'd figure it out.

I got right to work at the top of the morning. First starting with laying everything out, piece by piece; then deciding how much of a size down I'd do. I couldn't have my nice sized boat as before but I could go for a nice, small, motorized sail boat. Especially if I take these pieces off correctly.. I could definitely make it work.

As I grabbed a plank of wood, my head immediately perked up at the smell of two different aromas. More mint and bacon.

"You've been busy." I jumped slightly before turning around in time to see Wanda walking out from the trees with a warm smile and a small bag in her hand.

She was dressed differently today, more.. well kept then yesterday. The day before she was clad in grey sweats and a matching grey pull over, white house shoes and white socks on her feet. Today she wore light blue jeans, a black shirt tucked in with a dark blue cardigan pulled over.

"Just trying to fix the boat." I replied and lifted up, wiping my brow with the back of my hand as I started to sweat. Time to play nice, I guess.

"So I see." She stopped beside me, her eyes squinted as she surveyed the shore line littered with wood and what looked to be a bunch of junk. "And how's that working out for you?" Her eyes raised to mine with a teasing smirk, making me chuckle before crouching down to pull the last pieces of wood out. "I brought you breakfast. You looked pretty hungry yesterday so I figured you'd need something today as well."

"You're too sweet." I said with subtle mockery, rolling my eyes since my back was turned. When I raised up, she held the bag out to me with a wide smile. "Thank you." I grabbed the bag and turned around to walk back to my spot, sighing when she followed after me.

"I still haven't gotten your name."

As I sat the edge of the cave, I started to pull the contents out of the bag. A small container, a smaller container, and my canteen.. refilled. "Y/n." I said simply before propping open the container to see what was inside. And pleasantly, I found a couple strips of bacon, two small sausage links, scrambled eggs, and those little potato slices. The ones that looked like wedges.

"Y/n, where were you going when you crashed? It's a pretty small sized boat to be venturing out on your own." I glanced up, my eyes squinted when I heard the slight questioning on her tongue.

Well there she is. There's that skeptic Avenger I was expecting.

Keeping my composure though, I lowered my head and started to pick at the food, easily coming up with a story. "I like to get out.. keeps my mind off things." Then, I took a bite of the sausage first, nodding at how well she cooked that as well. Nearly perfectly crispy but not burnt. She's good.

When she didn't respond, I raised my head again to see her looking out at the water with a soft smile. What is she thinking? "Where did you come from?" She asked me, turning back to look at me with raised eyebrows. "I mean, you had to sail in from somewhere."

I sighed lightly and sat the silverware down. "You're a very questioning person, aren't you, Wanda?"

Her nose scrunched up slightly as she spoke. "Sorry, my birds are taking a bath so.." I found myself letting out a genuine laugh as her nose relaxed, her lips spreading into another smile. "You're kind of my only option right now." I'm assuming she felt more comfortable because she now sat down in front of me, her legs crossing attentively.

I looked back down at my plate with a small grin as I continued to eat, speaking in between chews. "I came from New York." I didn't need to look up to know that that little information made her uneasy. I could tell by how she shifted in her spot.

"And that's where you'll be heading back?" My head lifted in time to see her fiddle with a ring on her finger, her eyes still locked on mine despite my head previously being down.

I nodded. "Once I get my boat fixed up and running, yes." She hummed softly, looking back at the wreckage with lifted eyebrows.

"Right, looks like it could take a while. You do know that I can just.." She lifted her hand in my direction, her fingers wiggling slightly. "Unless.. you do know who I am, right?"

I smirked slightly and looked away from her piercing eyes. "Yes, I know who you are, Wanda. And thank you but I like doing things on my own. Plus, your witchcraft scares me. My boat might sink out of nowhere."

I was making a joke, just trying to gain trust in her but her eyebrows furrowed as she leaned forward. "Y/n," she started, her tone serious. "I would never do anything to harm you." The way she was looking at me, so.. passionately yet pointedly.. it made me feel weird.

But even with her words trying to settle into my heart, I couldn't let it. Because even if she promised me a million times she wouldn't harm me, it wouldn't change the fact that she has harmed people.. People I cared about more than anything. And that very thought left a heavy feeling in my chest. To avoid letting my emotions get the better of me, I looked away and continued eating.

That left us to fall in silence, my mind racing with a million and one things but I blocked it all out. I blocked it out until I finished eating and was back up, moving to the shore without muttering anything to Wanda. As long as I had something to do, my mind would be preoccupied.

"I'm going to head back, make myself some lunch maybe." I silently nodded, already grabbing a rock and trying to use it as a makeshift hammer to pound out the edge of the wood. "You're welcome to stop by if you get hungry or need a change of clothes.. perhaps a shower." Sighing lightly, I lifted my head and looked out at the lake, staying silent until I heard the soft pat of the sand from her receding steps.

I waited until her scent followed away from me before I turned around to see the fading of her red hair beyond the trees. I went to walk back to the cave for a drink, only to stumbled across something at my feet.

Looking down, in the sand were tools. It consisted of a stack of nails, thin and fine twine rope, and.. a hammer.

"I'm not one of your fucking puppets, Wanda." I mumbled to myself, first picking up the pack of nails and chucking them to the lake, next picking up the hammer. "You can't nice neighbor your way into my goddamn mind!" The hammer left my hand and flew further than I could see but now I was angry and overheated and back to square one.

Why is it suddenly so damn hot— it's still morning but I was burning with heat and rage. "Calm down.." I muttered to myself, beginning to pace the outstretch of the sand as my eyes squeezed shut.

"Y/n.. watch out!"

Not this again. I couldn't be going through this again. After what happened to my mom, whenever I became too anxious or too angry, my mind wouldn't be able to differentiate reality with memories.

So, things like this happened. I called it hallucinations but my sister says.. would say that it was my body getting into defense mode and setting itself up for shutting down.

Probable was, shutting down wasn't much of an option here, now was it?

But as if I had a choice. I kept pacing, my head shaking when I felt my limbs grow heavier and heavier by the second. And as each moment grew harder to walk than the next, I started to drop to my knees, my hands pressing into the sand as my chest raised and lowered with heavy breaths.

"Mom.. please wake up.. please." She was laying in my arms, face bloodied and bruised. I remember. Her mouth had been slightly propped open, a dribble of blood leaving the corner of her lip. I never knew if it was blood coming from her mouth or if she had been hit there. I never knew.. not that it would make a difference.

"Sis, we have to go.. the building might collapse." I remember not being able to move as I continued to stare down at my mom as if she'd wake up from my staring.

She could always feel me looking at her normally.. I hoped that it wouldn't make a difference.

It didn't. Because this time she wasn't just walking around our village and feeling me getting up to know good. No.. this time, she wasn't here to stop me.

And I'm not even sure I could stop myself.

When I raised my head, my vision was tinted now apposed to how it usually would be. Almost like.. having a shade of glasses on but my vision was sharper. I glanced down at my hands and saw my nails protruding but there wasn't any pain, nor was there pain behind my eyes but I knew that the color had changed.

I felt myself raise up as I pushed off of the ground and started running. I didn't know where I was running but I was on a new path, a different path, one that went up instead of down like the way to Wanda's cabin.

For a second.. it felt normal. I was use to running with my sister and my mom and my other friends in my village but I had none of them now. But, for just a second, I could imagine them running behind me, trying to be the first at the end of the outskirts of our territory.

And to add the cherry on top, I ran until I felt the desire to stop which was at the clearing of one of the smaller hills. It was nowhere near the size of the larger mountains but it was at a tall enough view to see across the woods and the lake and everything surrounding it.

It felt good. I felt at home.

But as if I needed a reminder of how true that wasn't..

"What did you mean?" My head dropped at the voice behind me. "I heard what you said at the lake. Nice neighbor my way into your head? What does that even mean?"

Don't play into it. You're here for a reason, I thought to myself, keep the act up.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it. I may just be dehydrated from the sun." I said, raising my hands to rest on my hips while keeping my gaze firmly fixed on the view.

"It's thirty degrees and the sun is actually sorta blocked by the clouds." My gaze raised as I looked up at the sky to see she was right. Then why the hell am I so hot right now? "Y/n.."

I heard her take a step closer, shoes brushing against the gravel. I don't think I'm in the right headspace or capacity to hold myself back right now. "It's nothing. Please." My hand squeezed at the bottom of my shirt when she kept walking forward.

"Have I done something wrong?" Oh boy.. have you— I need to leave. I turned around and kept my head down as I tried to brush past her but she grabbed my arm, her hold tight, I finally looked up and saw the red tint to her eyes. She was trying to read my mind.

But she didn't need to. "Have you done something wrong?" I whispered, barely audible as she titled her head slightly but it didn't scare me. She didn't scare me. "Do you know.. who you are?" I snatched my arm from her hold and backed away to give myself distance. For her sake. "I can't do this right now."

I knew I was losing myself. Well, the shell of myself that I've been having for years now. The shell that knew how to keep itself composed and safe and controlled. I was losing it to someone I've been in the presence of for only seventy two hours.

How she managed to dig up every emotion should've been an award in itself. "Stop." I heard her whisper and I went to brush it off.. until I felt my feet stick to the ground, literally not moving. I moved forward, only to stand still, even trying to jump but it was like being in quicksand.

"Wanda," I groaned, leaning down to begin to untie my boots. "Let me go."

"No," she walked in front of me again, her arms crossing. "You're acting very different than how you were yesterday." I rolled my eyes when she leaned down to catch my gaze. "What have I done to you?"

And that burning rage came right back as I shot up, my fists tightened by my sides. I found myself shouting. "You killed my mother!"
Did I say that out loud..?

I closed my eyes, my head dropping down and slightly to the left to control myself from shifting again. "You, Wanda Maximoff.. killed my mom."

I did, in fact, say that out loud..

___

Now we can build the enemies to lovers plot. At first it was enemy vs self but nooooow... we can work with something, eh?

Also, is anyone actually aware of what Y/n is (ability wise?) I'm not sure if I'm articulating it well enough but I'm also trying to be vague for a reason.. here's a hint. She's a hybrid 😉

Also x2, what do you guys wanna see in this story? I pride myself on including readers ideas into my stories for a more immersive, exploring read for you all ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 167 16
When Wanda destroys the Darkhold through all multiverses and drags herself down, she welcomes Death like an old friend, for...the third time. But, fo...
9.1K 289 10
It's Wanda Maximoff and Y/N L/N's wedding day. As they prepare for their big day, they can't help but reminisce about some of the most important mom...
366K 15.1K 103
Olivia, a young FBI agent, is forced to work with S.W.O.R.D to help them bring Wanda Maximoff back to the US to face legal prosecution for her previ...
42.2K 977 10
Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch, has lost everything that gave her hope. Alone in her grief, she finds out that she is not the only one suffering f...