Welcome Home - Kagehina

By BerryBlossom532

The school decides to open up dorms close by. Kageyama and Hinata get a surprise when they realise who their... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 7

16 0 1
By BerryBlossom532

1,887 words

Kageyama’s pov

I wake up in the morning thinking about today, a day with Hinata. He really helped me out when I was sick and when I came home that night drenched. It is really nice to have someone like him in my life. I can’t stop thinking about him and when I look at him I see him differently now. I’ve been thinking a lot about him lately and how I feel about him.

I’m not that good with emotions. Especially not with emotions I have never felt before. When I see him my heart quickens and when he smiles I feel like I could explode. I want to give him a big hug and never let go but I also want him to just leave because I know he could never like me the way I like him.

Yeah. I like him. I’m not an idiot. I know what I feel about him and it’s hard to accept my feelings. It feels weird, but much more right than weird. And now I’ve asked him on a ‘date’ which isn’t an actual date. What is wrong with me?

In the morning we decided to finish our homework so we'll have the rest of the day to do whatever we want with it. I can’t really focus on my homework and I end up finishing it with no confidence that I have the correct answers. I’m just internally freaking out about today.

It's 2pm and I walk out to Hinata who's in the main room.

“You nearly done?” He looks up.

“Yeah! You wanna go now?” He looks really excited. 

“Uhh yeah”

“Ok! I’ll go get my shoes on.”

“Yeah same.”

When we’re ready I lock up and we walk out of the dorm house.

“So where are we going Kageyama?”

“Well there is a café that opened up. It's a bit of a walk there so we’ll be hungry when we get there.”

“Ok sounds great!” 

We walk in the direction of the café talking to each other. A few times my hand brushed against his and I wanted to just take it and hold it in mine, but then I freaked out and pulled away too quickly. I don’t think he noticed though either that or he just didn’t think anything of it. Like I said he doesn’t think of me like that.

We’ve been walking for about half an hour now and I see the café.

“Look, we're here.” I point my finger at it.

“Ok cool! This place looks great!”

“Yeah.” We walk in and get a table at the window.

“There’s a really pretty view here Kageyama.” He says quietly.

“Yeah there is.” We both look away from the window at the same time to look at one another. I look away quickly at the menu. He has no idea what he does to me.

“Whatcha getting?” He asks.

“Umh probably this.” I point to a common ramen dish.

“Ahh that's such a classic. I’m getting Soba!”

“And you call me a classic!” He giggles when I say that. Oh god, how am I supposed to last the rest of the day?!

We order our food and it comes after a while.

“Mmm this is really good!”

“Yeah.”

“Not as good as your cooking though Kageyama!”

“W- what?”

“Haha you should see your face! It’s hilarious!”

“I always look like this dumbass!” He laughs even more. Does he really like my food that much?! I've never really thought about it that much. I've always been able to cook..

“By the way, I never really took you as someone who is great at cooking before we lived together. It’s like a whole new you!”

“Yeah well my dad is always working and my mom never really cooks for me. I don’t think she's figured out what a proper portion size for three people is yet, so I usually have to cook for my dad and I if he’s home.”

“Oh well I should learn some more to give you a break!” How can he still stay so positive after everything I’ve told him. It’s crazy.

“You know you don’t have to do that. It’s fine.”

“Well I want to! Can’t be relying on you for my whole life.”

“Yeah..” Why am I disappointed? He just wants to help. Yeah I have a slight crush on him but that doesnt mean I want to live with him my whole life.

I realise then that if I wasn’t currently living with Hinata I would be totally alone. My dad left, my mom doesn't acknowledge me and I have no siblings or proper friends that I hang out with. Hinata is all I have. The thought of him leaving me is too hard to think about. He never wanted to go to the dorms in the first place! He’s most definitely going to be leaving after this term and i’ll be all alone again. I don’t want him to leave me..

“What are you going to be doing after this term?” I blurt out.

“What do you mean?”

“Well I know you didn’t want to go into the dorms in the first place, so will you be leaving?”

“Oh. Well, what are you doing?” Why does that matter?

“Uhh I guess I’ll be staying?”

“Great me too!” He beams a smile at me from across the table. “I hope we will be roommates again.” I pause my eating and look at him. Does he really want to be with me again? I’ve always been kinda mean to him and I’ve caused nothing but trouble. Plus when he first saw that I was going to be with him he was devastated.

“Really?!” I ask in shock.

“Yeah! What about you?” I would leave the dorms if I'm not with you.

“Yeah I suppose I could bare you for another year.” Why am I like this? I’m so bad at saying nice things… but he doesn't take it that way. He smiles back at me continuing to eat.

“Cool! I doubt they'll change people around cos that would be such a hassle moving everything.”

“Yeah..” We finish up our meals and leave the café. It's around 3:15pm now since the walk took a while and we stayed quite a bit. Now we’re just walking together, chatting about everything and anything. He always blabbers on when he’s happy. It makes me happy too just listening to him talk and occasionally replying. He’s really quite cute to be honest. I don't know how I missed this before I was living with him. He’s like the embodiment of the sun.

“So Kageyama. What do you want to do now?”

“I’m not sure. What do you want to do?

“Look!” He excitedly points over in front of us. There are about ten people standing in an outside court holding a volleyball."We can ask if we can play!”

“Uhh I’m not sure if that's such a good idEA” He grabs my hand and runs over to them not allowing me to finish. For such a small person he sure is fast. I don’t really mind though. He's holding my hand..

“Hi! Can we play with you guys!”

“Hah! What’s a little shrimp going to do playing volleyball”

“Hey!” I won't stand for that. “I bet he could beat you with his eyes closed! Plus you guys only have five people per team. You need two more people anyways. Why don’t we have a match?” A good few of them look a bit taken aback from what I said. Nothing I said was a lie though. Hinata could spike them down so fast with his eyes closed! 

“Alright then. Let’s see how good you are. I won't be going easy on you though.” He spins the ball up in the air and catches it. “Both of you go on a team”

“No. We’ll be on a team together.” I’m only doing this for him so there's no way I’m not going to be playing with him.

“Fine then!” We both go on off of the sides while they sort out who will be with us. No one wants to be us because they think they will lose. Wait ‘till we show them.. 

When our team finally comes over to us I start to talk. “I will be the setter. Hinata you take the middle blocker position since you’re used to that. You’ll also be a great decoy. We can use the closed eye quick since the other one is not perfect yet.”

“Right!” He says back to me determinately.

“Uhh hold on. There’s no way that's gonna work” One of them says back. I just glare daggers into him and that shuts him up.

The match finally starts after we get into position. The other side starts with the ball. Because of the rotation we are at Hinata is at the back. I can just tell that they’re going to aim for him. Surely enough he serves the ball into the air aiming higher than Hinata so that he can’t reach it. 

The ball flies past the net. It’s nothing like we haven't seen before. We’ve been up against Oi Kawa for god's sake. Hinata jumps just at the right time and practically flies up to meet the ball. He passes it over to me since the rest of them are all too shocked to move. That isn’t even the highest he can jump to..

In the end we won. What a surprise! Not. I knew we would win. After we did our quick attack with Hinata's eyes closed the other side knew they had no chance. It’s almost dark out now since they insisted on having a rematch. Yes. We won twice and in both of the matches we took the first two sets, winning. They were nothing too special. Just people playing for fun thinking they're the best in the world. I’m most definitely sure that they are older than us but that didn’t matter when it came to skill.

We’ve been playing for so long now that the sun is nearly going to be setting soon.

“We should probably get home soon.” I say after we said bye to the volleyball players.

“Yeahhh but..” 

“What?”

“I’ve had so much fun today! I don’t want it to end.” Me too.

“Well I guess we could stay out a bit longer. I’ve got nothing else to do.”

“Yay! Lets go over here!” We walk over towards the edge of the path where there is a big drop and you can see over almost the whole town. The sun is setting right now so the view is like something you’d see from a cliche story. It really is a sight to see. I exhale.

“It’s pretty peaceful here.” I say but in a quiet tone. The only noises I can hear are the distance cars driving.

“Yeah it is..” I feel something brush up against my hand. I turn and face Hinata as he also looks at me. It was his hand that was touching mine. He retracts it quickly.

“S-sorry! My bad..” He looks away back at the view. I don't know what to do. I want to hold his hand but I can’t do that!

Can’t I?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 38 25
*[new text alert]* TSUKISHIMA: Remember that favor you owe me? I've got a weird request. ~~~ Kageyama and Hinata have conquered nearly every obstacle...
272K 5.5K 11
Kageyama can no longer focus around Hinata because of his unspoken feelings, and his volleyball suffers for it-so Hinata agrees to do absolutely anyt...
342K 8.9K 48
(Y/N) and Kageyama grew up together and were good friends. In middle school (Y/N) 's father passed away in an accident, and she isolated herself from...
67.4K 1.2K 41
Kageyama and Hinata both attend University and are on the volleyball team where they had their first encounter. At first, the two were opposed to eac...