Revenge of the Duchess

By SinfullyIndulgent

Murdered by her husband and her own cousin, Annabeth finds herself inexplicably gone back in time with a seco... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3
Epilogue 4

Chapter 22

9K 344 205
By SinfullyIndulgent

A/N: I own nothing. Enjoy!

****************

The young woman barely had the strength to sit up, wallowing in filth and her own blood. She had been quite a pretty little thing, but the guards were immune to her charms and pitying looks. At first glance, the maid didn't look like she was much of a threat with her hands and feet shackled and her hair so unkempt. Her eyes were soulless but looked up beseechingly as Prince Jason entered her cell, as if wondering why she was being withheld in the dungeons.

Jason looked unfazed back at her. In all the numerous attempts on his life, he had quickly learned not to pity others based on appearance. The moment he let his guard down, a sword would be aimed at his back, and Jason had the scars to prove it. He had only let one person pass through those walls, and one person was enough to fill the space behind those walls.

"Mmmph. Mmmph!"

Jason gripped the maid's chin tightly. She was the same maid from the dining room who dared to poison their food. More specifically, just the food prepared for Princess Piper. Jason's body could handle most poisons, as per Cuora royal education dictated. In fact, most of the Cuora royal children were subjected to the cruel poisonings, and many passed away from not tolerating the doses. King Zeus deemed those children weak, so Jason and Thalia could be considered lucky to have even lived past the first poison dosage. But he wasn't sure the Cytheran princess had undergone the same harsh poison immunizations he had.

"Mmmph. Mmmph." The maid pleaded again, but no words would ever leave her mouth again. Her tongue had been cut out.

"If you wanted to talk, you should have spoken the truth earlier." Jason said, simply. "Perhaps your body would have been still intact."

The maid stilled. Even under torture she had not given up her Master but the prince had found out anyways through the network of spies.

The maid had been sent by Marquis Ares, a distant relative of the royal family. No doubt the Marquise harbored ambitions towards the crown. But Ares would have to kill the current King Zeus, Crown Princess Thalia, Prince Jason himself, Archduke Poseidon, Duke Triton, and Duke Percy, before the next in line was Duke Ares.

Perhaps the Marquis planned to manipulate the throne behind the scenes as the second best choice. Ares already hated the crown princess with a passion, and had not-so-subtly hinted towards Jason that the Marquis would be willing to support the second prince. But the Marquis had overstepped his bounds by trying to poison the Cythera princess in an effort for Jason to choose the Colchis princess as a bride.

The evidence came from the type of poison that had been used, where the poison came from a form of nightshade that was not grown in Cuora but found in the neighboring countries which included Inferis and Cythera. The nightshade was virtually tasteless and would be hard to detect in the body when consumed. Had not Jason instructed poison testing to take place for all of Princess Piper's meals, she would have been dead in an hour.

"I wonder if the Marquis would still like you without all your limbs attached." Jason quietly murmured.

The maid stopped her annoying squirming, dropping her pitiful act and glaring at Jason with hatred. This was her true face without all the pretense. Through the information gathered Jason's knights had gathered, Marquis Ares had trained this woman in seduction and assassination techniques, while probably bedding the maid himself. But what kinds of seduction techniques had Jason not seen throughout his life? This maid was so laughably weak in comparison to some of the plays Jason had experienced.

"I'll leave her to you." Jason instructed to the guards outside the cell.

By the time Jason had arrived for his politic lessons, the cell was already empty and bloodstains cleaned as though no one had ever been there.

******************

"Ah, Luke, you're just in time. I want to introduce you to Lady Soleia." Sir Mercury Castellan said as he saw his nephew come in to the original Castellan family mansion. 

Marquis Hermes Castellan, Luke's father and Mercury's older twin brother, sent his son a quelling look when he saw his son's distaste for the situation.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Count Luke Castellan." Lady Soleia bowed, keeping her eyes lowered demurely on the floor before slyly raising them up to meet the count's blue eyes.

"Lady Soleia," the count bowed.

He was indeed quite handsome, Lady Soleia had to admit. She was pleased with his appearance, particularly when her past two husbands had been past their prime in life. She almost licked her lips at the thought of getting her hands on his body...and his fortune. Still, she could tell from his posture and eyes that he was wary of her.

No matter, Soleia was very much in her element. She knew she was quite beautiful and could play up her best assets. Men were very visual creatures, after all.

Oh, and as for that small obstacle named Baroness Kelli Chase? That flea would be easy to eliminate.

Annabeth watched the snowflakes drift outside the window and slowly blanket the gardens. Though the snow was beautiful, there was something melancholy about the weather. Perhaps because in her past life, it was around this winter that she had gotten married to Luke Castellan. Then three years later, she had lost both her newborn daughter and her life just a few days shy of the new year. Winter had become her least favorite season.

The Jackson mansion was warm and bustling, but a shiver ran down her back. One choice had been all the difference in her lives. Just one measly choice. She was grateful for whatever had given her the opportunity for the second life, so she wasn't going to waste it.

"Why have you been sighing?"

A pair of arms wrapped around her waist, pressing her back to a warm chest. Annabeth instinctively hugged those arms. She was used to the bursts of physical affection from the Duke now, though the first time he had back hugged her, Annabeth nearly flipped him over her shoulder.

"Was I sighing? I didn't realize." She answered.

Percy nuzzled the top of her head with his chin, destroying the lovely hairstyle her maids had painstakingly brushed her unruly curls in. Luke was never so affectionate with her. It was as if she was living with a male house guest instead of with her husband. Sometimes, Annabeth felt as though she was still living in some kind of weird dream. One pinch and she resolved that it wasn't a dream but real life. Else, she hoped she would never wake up.

"Perhaps you've been cooped up inside too much," Percy said. "Want to go for a walk?"

Bundled up in cloaks and furs, the pair sauntered in the gardens. Annabeth kicked at a fallen patch of snow.

"Percy, have you ever realized how much our choices determine our fate?" Annabeth asked. "I haven't realized it until now."

"Sounds like a philosophical question."

Percy never cared much for philosophy, Annabeth knew, but he was a good listener. She had found that out when she once ranted about the architectural history of the Cuora palace, and Percy had actually retained some of the information.

"Well, I've always been told I'm too reckless or rash in my childhood. I suppose I've grown to be more aware of the decisions I've made in my life. Is this you regretting your choice of entering a contract with me?" Percy asked. "I hope not."

"No," Annabeth turned and smiled at him. "Of all the foolish choices I've made, I've never regretted and will never regret walking down this path with you."

Percy grinned back. "Me too. I'm glad my fate, whatever it may be, is with you."

He embraced her, and Annabeth leaned cozily into his body. This one choice of hers had impacted so much, from Soleia intruding on Luke's and Kelli's relationship, the missing princess candidate had been found, and her company being a front runner for the competition to redesign the capital city.

She looked up at this man, her lucky charm, she would call him. Percy looked down, slightly surprised from the fondness in her eyes. He leaned down, almost as if to kiss her on the forehead. But not before Annabeth deliberately threw some snow in his face.

His comical expression, with the particles of snow falling off his eyebrows, made Annabeth burst in laughter. But the time Percy's face turned from surprised to determination, Annabeth was already running away.

Wham! A hard, cold object slammed into her back, causing her to stumble as she fled the scene. Annabeth turned around to glare at Percy, but he was already scooping up snow in his hands for his next snowball.

In just a few seconds, the garden became a full-on snowball battle. The sounds of laughter attracted quite a few servants who poked their heads out of the windows to see the fuss was about. It was rare to see the Duke indulge in something so un-noble like a snowball fight after all.

Annabeth laughed as her snowball landed square at Percy's lower abdomen.

"Hey, any lower and we might not have any children!" Percy joked.

Children...that one word made Annabeth flush. At her momentary distraction, snow exploded in front of her face.

"Oh, shoot, are you okay? I thought you were going to dodge in time."

Annabeth spat out the snow that had landed in her mouth. Warm hands brushed the remaining snow clinging to her face, and Annabeth's vision soon cleared. Despite his apologetic words, Percy grinned in a way that revealed he wasn't too sorry for tossing the snowball.

"Oof!"

She swept out her foot and tackled Percy to the ground, the pair laughing as they rolled around in the snow, forgetting any sense of propriety they should have. In the end, Annabeth wound up pinned under Percy.

Annabeth blinked as Percy grinned above her. His dark hair was tousled more than usual, with flicks of snow caught in the strands. So handsome, Annabeth almost said out loud. Then she detected a mischievous glint in Percy's green eyes.

"No, Percy. Don't you dare." Annabeth gasped out.

But Percy's hands were already reaching underneath her cloak to tickle at her sides.

"Eek! Percy, wait!"

Annabeth almost choked in her uncontrollable laughter. Ever since the bastard had discovered that a section of her sides was particularly ticklish, Percy liked to pounce on inopportune moments to tickle her until her sides hurt from laughing.

Eventually, Percy took mercy on her and let her catch her breath. His lips cascaded on her forehead instead, peppering her skin with soft, warm kisses.

"Don't think kissing me will get you out of punishment," Annabeth warned.

"Punishment? You'll have to catch me first." Percy winked cheekily at her before suddenly getting up and unexpectedly running away.

"Come back here, Perseus Jackson, you coward!"

She scrambled up and ran after him, though it was unfortunate that Percy had quite a head start while her skirt and cloak hindered her. Those who heard the future Duchess call the Duke a coward quietly bowed their heads and pretended to hear nothing, but many of the mansion staff quietly agreed that the future Duchess was the more powerful master in the house.

"Oof!"

Annabeth had just turned the corner of the greenhouse when arms reached out. Percy pulled her towards him, catching her before she could stumble. Before she could regain her footing, her back had been pressed against the greenhouse wall. Percy's arms caged her, limiting any option of easy escape.

"Tell me, Lady Annabeth. What kind of punishment do you have planned for me?" Percy's voice had deepened.

Annabeth shivered and not from the cold. His breath tingled, and his lips whispered promises before nibbling her earlobe. While Percy distracted her with his lips, his hands roamed underneath her cloak, appreciating the fine curves of her torso. Luckily, they were behind the greenhouse and out of sight from the mansion where nosy eyes could peer out at them. Else, Annabeth would be too embarrassed to meet any of the staff in the eye.

As Percy's kisses descended, his lips awoke a small fire within her, running liquid heat through her veins. Annabeth didn't care for escape, looping her arms around his neck to kiss him firmly and trapping him instead. Eagerly, she bit lightly on his bottom lip and took the chance to intertwine their tongues. Apparently, she was being influenced by his naughty habits.

But she still had much to learn. Annabeth considered it cheating when his hand skimmed down the side of her body to squeeze at her rump. The momentary surprise made her lose traction, and Percy quickly took over control. He left her lips and kissed the hollow of her throat, lips sliding along the curve to nibble right above her pulse point.

"Tell me, Annabeth." Percy teased her, his breath ticklish against her skin. "How were you thinking of punishing me?"

"You're not being fair." Annabeth gasped out as his body crushed hers.

Whenever he pressed their bodies together, there was a low throbbing in her lower torso. Annabeth wanted to clench her legs together but a thigh forced in between her legs eliminated that thought.

Something prodded her in the lower stomach. Annabeth flushed as she knew what the bulge was. But she didn't flinch away, and boldly rubbed herself against him. While the body in this life was pure, she was no complete innocent and knew her body was aroused. But she had never experienced such pleasure from just grinding against another man's body.

"You look absolutely irresistible like this," Percy murmured.

He kissed her again, arms pressing their lower bodies more tightly together. This time, his bulge rubbed right against her core, and Annabeth moaned at the welcoming friction. He fondled her left breast, cupping and squeezing the flesh that barely covered his palm. Wantonly, Annabeth wished that she could feel his hands on her bare skin instead of through the winter dress she was wearing. Even a lower neckline would help her achieve her goal, but the wool dress covered most of her collarbone.

Boldly, Annabeth decided to reach between their bodies and cup Percy's cloth-covered bulge, which also gave her an indication of what size his member was. But Annabeth knew size was not all there is to it, since Luke had been certainly worthy in his girth and length, but gave nothing but pain in his endeavors in bed. She had a feeling this time, Percy would be different.

Her hand stroked him through his pants, and she smirked upon seeing Percy's face contort into one of undeniable pleasure. But this was a punishment after all. She stopped her ministrations and grinned as Percy shot a dirty look at her. He had been certainly been enjoying her fondling before her cruel stopping of her actions.

This time, Percy sneaked his hand in between her thighs, his palm pressing against her heat. She had no doubt that if not for the layers of clothing between them, his fingers would have very likely plunged deep into her core to pleasure her body. She squeezed her thighs instinctively, trapping his hand between them. Any movement would cause sparks of pleasure to rise in her body.

In the end, Percy held Annabeth in his embrace, allowing their bodies to cool off. Even if they were hidden from view behind the greenhouse, Percy had no intention of bedding her against a wall and outside in the snowy winter weather.

"Well, it certainly seems that you are not lacking, Your Grace," Annabeth teased once the heat between their bodies had cooled down a little.

"I would say my technique is not lacking either," Percy promised. "But I can't say the same for your punishment."

"I was going easy on you," she scoffed.

"Then I must warn you, my lovely Annabeth." Percy's green eyes darkened. "I don't plan on going easy on you on our wedding night."

********************

A/N: A fun thing about wattpad over fanfiction.net is that readers can comment on certain sections of the story. I laughed so hard at some of y'alls comments. Thank you all for making my day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

684K 33.8K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
316K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...
124K 298 7
Samuel was a normal teenage boy until he started to wet his bed, he did it so much that his mother had enough and turned him into a sissy. This story...