Family in Shambles

By KeanaCalandrino3

She had been going it alone for three years, since her mother had passed away. She had been learning to survi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 48

727 29 20
By KeanaCalandrino3

"You better watch yourself out there, Charlie, or so help me god," Helen warned sternly. Dutch had returned yesterday with Arthur, Lenny, John and Bill, and announced that Angelo Bronte had been killed.

Now, Dutch was at the head of the group, with Bill, Lenny, John, Micah, Javier, Hosea and Arthur waiting. Charles smiled down at Helen, which made her heart swell at the sight. I think I oughta tell him soon, before I go crazy.

"I'll be fine, I promise," he assured. She followed him to the wagon he was assigned to and looked to her father. "Dad!" she called. He turned to look at her, a smile on his face as she pointed at him.

"You best come back! I'm expectin' you to give me a big ol' bag of cash!" she said. Although her tone was stern, Helen and Hosea shared a smile. "I will, sweetheart." With that, the gang rode out of camp, and Helen walked forward to watch them leave.

They better come back with that money....

~~~~

"Charles, hold up a moment." Hosea approached him once the men stepped down from the wagons. "I want to talk to you real quick." Charles moved away from the back of the wagon, facing Hosea curiously.

He looked nervous and somewhat reluctant to speak, but Charles remained silent as he waited patiently. "I guess...maybe it's just my anxiety talkin' - this is supposed to be our 'grand finale', so to speak," he said with a nervous laugh, then cleared his throat.

What's going on with him? "In...i-in case somethin' happens today...I just need you to promise me somethin'." Charles frowned a little, confused at the request, and Hosea looked at him with pleading eyes. "Watch over Helen for me, Charles...."

His frown melted away into a small jaw drop, and he widened his eyes in both confusion and surprise. "Hosea, why would anything happen? You've been over the plans a dozen times, nothing should go wrong," he reasoned.

"Should, my dear boy, should is the key word. So...if this doesn't go as smoothly as I thought it would...." Hosea looked down sadly, avoiding Charles' gaze.

"Tell Helen that I love her, and...and promise me you'll take care of her. I know you're fond of my daughter already, so it shouldn't be too hard." Charles fearfully looked ready to protest, to deny any indication that he had feelings for Helen, but Hosea gave him a knowing look.

"I'm not blind, son," he said with a smile. "I'm not mad, either. She gravitated towards you the first day she arrived, and I can see why. I know you'll make her happy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 889 28
Arthur Morgan x OC: "Take a boozy short leave of your nymphs on the shore, and silence their mourning with vows of returning, though never intending...
758 29 20
Micah has a scheme that gets both himself and Arthur in trouble. ~High honour Arthur ~rdr2
573 23 19
Set in an alternate universe, the story begins in a different time. In the 21st Century, Arthur Morgan works diligently as a game warden but seems to...
35K 763 21
you have been with the O,driscolls for 4 months, the worst 4 months of your life. they picked you up when you were on the run from your past. you had...