Big City Transplant (911: Lon...

By ThatFanGirl_sn

Madison (Maddy) Briggs is from Manhattan, New York. She was in 3rd grade, just 8 years old, when the World Tr... More

Prologue
Big City Transplant
Let's Meet
New Places, New Faces, New Friends
The Big Date
People Will Always Stare
Moving On Up
Mercury In Retrograde
The B In LGBTQ
Debris
Undercut
Heavy Lifting
Probie
I'll Tell You All About It
The Aquarium
Sugar Isn't Always Sweet
Summer Rosewater
Saturday Strands
Virtual-ly Perfect Holidays
It Has To Be Better
Grey Clouds Rolled Over The Hill
I Want You To Be Happier
The Road To Healing Is Long
Bleeding Hearts Easily Catch Fire
Dreams
It's Not To Late
Go Forth And Love
Therapy
The Bus
TK To The Rescue
Sunday's At The Station
Bump In The Night
Sirens
Wrath
Sober
The Deal Of The Night
Owen's Choice
Jealousy
The Decisions We Make
The Cop, The Nurse, And The Rain
An Austin St. Paddy's Day
Fireworks
Invisible Wounds Heal Slowly
Little Gestures, Big Meanings
Waves In Calm Surf
Bridge Over Troubled Waters
Paging Dr. D-Bag
244
Bones
Stir Crazy
Grounded
You Just Might Have To
Father Daughter Day
Before Mom Comes To Town
Dinner Talk
Sleepover
Headache
Restless Minds
Ecstasy
Afternoon With The Smug Bunch
I Love You, Man
Back To Normal (Kind Of)
Quality Time
The Octopus And The Sea Turtle
More Than Friends
I'm Sorry It Took So Long
Reflections
The Family We Choose
Game Plan
It's What We Do
Smiles Can Hide
It's Easier To Ask
Take Your Own Advice
Soulmates Aren't Always Lovers
Questions Without Answers
Tough Love
Pandora's Box
Come Clean Before The Midnight Sun
Where There's Smoke
Alone Isn't Always Lonely
Company
Miracles
Proceed With Caution
The Color Of Sadness
Comfort
From Dust Till Dawn
Follow Me

Safe

819 18 58
By ThatFanGirl_sn

Maddy rolled over, and nearly fell off the couch— TK grabbed her, and pulled her closer to him. He shifted his body around, laying down on the couch. Maddy sat up during the process, "oh my god.. I'm sorry Teek! You're probably so uncomfortable! Go upstairs and finish sleeping... I'm.. fine." Maddy said in a sleepy voice.

"Nope... I'm good Mads, as long as you're comfortable." He said, before looking at her with sad eyes. "Uhm.. I don't really wanna ask, but do you remember...?"

"What happened to me last night? Yeah... I remember." She shuttered at the memory.

TK pulled her down between his legs, and wrapped his arms around her. "Oh!.. oh my god, is this okay?! I'm sorry..." he panicked.

"It's okay Teek.. it's you. I'm fine," she smiled as she looked up at him, lovingly. "Oh.. also.. uhm, I'm fine. But can I stay here the rest of the weekend? Just because... ya know, I want to.. I'm fine though.." she cleared her throat.

"Of course babes. We'll even go check on Tex for ya, or go with you when you do." TK replied as he kissed her temple. Maddy blushed from happiness, as she positioned herself between his legs, on her stomach, and slowly drifted back to sleep.
————————————————————————
"Good morning sleepyheads," Carlos said as he walked down the steps.

"Morning," Maddy moaned as Tk was massaging her head.

TK adjusted himself, "I'm gonna get up babes.. I gotta piss. Stay here, k?" Maddy nodded her head, and moved so TK could get up. She pulled the blanket tighter around herself, and snuggled against the arm rest of the couch.

"How's she doing?" Carlos asked TK after he got back from the bathroom. TK looked at Maddy and shrugged, "seems to be okay.. considering." He cleared his throat. The anger was still so fresh for him. Carlos pulled him into a hug, and rubbed his back. "Are you gonna tell her mom? Or Eddie?"

"No, and hello no! She can tell her mom when she's ready... and it's not my business to tell Eddie, she can do that if she wants. Don't think he needs to know though, BUT that's not up to me..." TK replied with an eye roll.

Carlos chuckled at him before heading upstairs to take a shower. TK let out a short cry before gathering himself and heading back to the couch— Maddy heard him coming and sat up. TK looked at her with wide eyes.

Maddy managed a small chuckle, "it's fine Teek. I've been awake, just resting my eyes. You didn't wake me up.."

"Oh good... uhm.. about what I said," TK started to speak, as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I appreciate you TK, more than you know. I'll tell mom... eventually, and you're right, Ed doesn't need to know." Maddy said as she grabbed his hand to kiss it. "I love youuuuu," Maddy said again.

TK managed to crack a smile as he sat forward, and lovingly pushed some of the longer pieces of her pixie cut out of her face, and kissed her forehead.

"Can I shower now? Or like later today?" Maddy asked.

"Uhm.. hmm.. ask Carlos when he gets back down, Okay?"

"Uh huh!" Maddy replied.
————————————————————————
"Babe! Maddy has a question!" TK shouted as he heard Carlos walking down the steps.

Carlos, who wasn't wearing a shirt, jogged over to TK and Maddy. "What's up?" He said.

Maddy managed a smile as she sat and up grabbed his pecks, "oh yes.. that's nice." She smiled, but then panicked immediately. "Was that okay?! I'm sorry C!"

"Mads... it's fine. You're fine.." Carlos insisted, trying to calm her down.

Maddy was breathing heavy. "I didn't ask you first.. and.."

"It's you, Maddy." He said, reaching for her hand to hold. "You could never hurt me, or make me uncomfortable. What was your question?"

"Gosh darn I love you." She smiled as she calmed her breathing down. "Oh uhm, yes.. when can I shower?"

Carlos sighed, and grabbed both of her hands. "That depends.... Do you want to go to the hospital?"

"I don't know.... Can't you just use my underwear?" Maddy cringed at that thought.

Carlos's heart ached, "we can.. yes."

"Ugh. I feel like I should go though.. get it over with before its's too late.. but I don't want anyone to go after him.. not yet anyway.. not till after Owen is cleared." Maddy sniffed.

TK rubbed her back, "hey... dad will be fine. It'll all work out. He's gonna be so upset when he finds out anyway.. BUT only that you felt the need to agree to Billy's deal. He might kill Billy if you ever tell him what all he did to you.."

"I wanna go.... But C?" Maddy inquired. Carlos looked at her. "Can they like.. hold it till I'm ready for them to share the results with y'all, the police?" She sighed.

"Yes they can.. and it's my case. So I'll make sure nothing is done until Owen is cleared, or whenever you're comfortable.." Carlos replied with his caring eyes.

Maddy felt a sense of relief as she sat back on the couch.

TK leaned over, "I'm on shift today.. till Monday. So I won't be able to go with you."

Maddy seemed sad.

"But I can.." Carlos added. Maddy's sadness went away as she smiled gently.
————————————————————————
"Thanks for driving me to a different hospital C," Maddy smiled gently. "I love my peeps, I just don't want them freaking out too.. ha."

Carlos managed a small chuckle, "I know Mads. It's no problem at all."

Maddy chuckled softly, her legs lightly swinging side to side, as she sat on the green table in room 23 in the ER of Baylor Scott and White Medical Center. Carlos was shaking his foot nervously in the chair next to her.

"It's okay boo." Maddy said.

Carlos looked sadly at her, "I should be saying that to you!" He stood up, and with a look for permission, cupped Maddy's face in his hands, pressing their foreheads together. "It'll be okay Mads.. I'll be right here the whole time." He pulled away and kissed her forehead, before sitting back down and tapping his fingers on his knees.

Maddy looked around the room; two different brands of hand sanitizer and soap surrounded the sink, one of the bulbs in the overhead light was out, casting a sort of haze on the room. She looked to Carlos, and knew he was nervous.

One can assume he's been around when women are having this kit and procedure done, but those women weren't Madison Jean Briggs. Those women were equally as victimized as Maddy was, but they weren't her.

It was different this time for Carlos— he loved the woman sitting next to him this time, and he was terrified for her.
————————————————————————
"Madison Briggs?" A female doctor asked when she pulled back the curtain, and shut the door to the room. "Hi dear, I'm Doctor Isabelle Snyder. You're here for a rape kit, correct?" She was friendly, yet lacked a level of bedside manor that Maddy preferred.

"Yes ma'am." Maddy choked out as she looked to Carlos for support. He rolled his chair over to the table, and grabbed her hand. Maddy took several deep breaths, trying to keep the tears at bay.

"Now.." Doctor Snyder started again. "This procedure can be quite invasive. But, I will do my best to lesson that intrusion and invasion. Okay?"

"Yeah.."

"And it shouldn't hurt. Just a little pulling and tugging.. like PAP Smear level of tugging. However, pictures will be taken if bruising and/or scratches are still present. Okay?"

"Yes ma'am.." Maddy said as she sniffed away tears. Carlos was rubbing his thumb across the back of her hand, calming her down. The doctor readied her small metal table— instruments and long q-tip type objects strewn across it. "Now, young man.. if you'll wait out there.."

"What?!"

"No! If he can't stay.. I am leaving right now!" Maddy snapped. "Please. For God sakes.. he's my best friend, AND the cop handling my case. He'll stand at my head.. but I need him here, to hold my hand." Maddy squeaked out between tears.

The doctor looked at her pained face, and smiled supportively. "Just stay above this paper shield I'll be draping across her." She said to Carlos, who stood up from his chair, and turned to face Maddy.

"Oh, when the kit is completed.."

"You can release it to my custody, and I'll take it back to our district. Thanks." Carlos said.

"Very good." Doctor Snyder winked at Carlos.

"Okay Madison.. I'm going to start soon. You okay?" Doctor Snyder continued as her nurse walked in.

"Yes ma'am..."

"You're gonna do great Mads," Carlos said as he kissed her forehead.

"I feel like I'm about to give birth," Maddy chuckled.

Carlos playfully rolled his eyes at her, "still making jokes?"

"Someone's gotta!" She chuckled, keeping her tears from falling. Maddy took another deep breathe and locked eyes with Carlos, just as the doctor started the exam process.

Halfway through the exam, Maddy gripped Carlos's hand tighter. "Does it hurt?!" He asked in a panic.

Maddy looked at him, "no.. just scary. I just.. can't believe I let this happen to me... I should've never turned my back to him.." she sniffed.

"Madison Jean.." Carlos said. He never used her full name. He leaned down, "this is not your fault. You were walking to the fucking bathroom, and he thought it was okay to attack you.. that is NOT OKAY. He hurt you.... You did nothing wrong. Please hear my words.."

"I love you Carlos Miguel Reyes.. holy balls."

"Hmm.. well no bruising on the inner thigh, that's good."

"Well doc... uhm..." Maddy spoke up. "They.. uhm..." she paused, and Carlos rubbed her hand. "They wouldn't be on the front of my thighs.."

"I see. Are you comfortable standing up, so we can document them if you have them?"

"Uhm.. yes ma'am." Maddy carefully scooted to the end of the small table and stood up, Carlos helping her the whole way.

"Ahh.. there they are." Doctor Snyder remarked, causing Maddy to break down in tears. Carlos glared at the the doctor before lifting Maddy's chin up, "it's okay. I gotchu.." he mouthed. Maddy heard the camera shutter, and saw the flash, again.. and again. Maddy was still crying.

"Almost done dear, hold tight! Just a few more swabs." The doctor informed Maddy, who sniffed with relief. Carlos started humming one of Maddy's favorite songs, 'Girls Like You' by Maroon 5. The gesture bringing an instant smile to her face.
———————————————————————-
"Okay dear. All done," Doctor Snyder said as she finished up the exam. Maddy took a breath, and let go of the vice-like grip she had on Carlos. "I'll let you get dressed, and I'll be back in in about 10 minutes."

Maddy didn't face Carlos until she was done getting dressed, "that was humiliating..." tears welled up in her eyes.

Carlos gave her the saddest look, "Mads.. it's okay. I'm here. It's all over."

"Thank you so much Carlos... I don't know what I would do without you.. and TK, shit."

The doctor walked back in after Maddy was dressed, and sitting back on the table. "Okay, you're good to go Madison. You did great!" She said as she rubbed Maddy's shoulder. "Here is the kit Officer Reyes, can you just sign for it please?" Carlos grabbed the pen from the doctor.

He swiftly read over the paperwork, making sure it would all work to Maddy's benefit, and that he and he alone would now be the sole handler of the kit. When he was all done, he handed the pen back to the doctor, and winked at Maddy. Doctor Snyder nodded to Maddy, and headed back out to the hallway— Carlos and Maddy followed her and headed to the check-out desk.

"Am I taking you back to our place?"

"Uhm.. actually, can you take me to my house quick, please? I wanna see Tex!"
————————————————————————
"Texy girl! Carlos is here!" Maddy called to her cat when she entered her apartment. Tex woke up and stretched, before jumping off of the couch and trotting over to Maddy and Carlos— rubbing against their legs.

"Yes girl.. I'm feeding you." Maddy chuckled as she walked into the kitchen. "I'm thinking of getting her a friend, so she's not lonely..."

"Oh really?" Carlos responded as he walked over and picked up some clothes off of Maddy's couch.

"Yeah.. another cat. Would you like that, girl?" Maddy spoke directly to her cat. She caught Carlos smirking out of the corner of her eye.

"Don't laugh at me," she chuckled. Maddy sighed before stepping back and thinking for a moment. "Hmm.. I think I'm gonna shower, do you mind waiting for me?"

"Not at all Mads! Let me know if you need anything, okay?" Carlos replied absentmindedly.
————————————————————————
"Get off.. ah! Get off! Ahhh!"

"Mads?"

"Mmmm... ah. Get.. off.."

"Mads?" Carlos looked at Tex for a moment, who seemed to be hearing the noise too. He started to walk towards Maddy's bathroom. The closer he got, the louder the crying seemed.

"Ugh, get... off."

"Mads... you okay?"

"Fine.."

"Can I come in?"

"I'm fine C..."

"Mads... I'm coming in, okay?"

"Yes."

"What's going on?"

"Nothing!"

"Do you need my help?"

"No, C! I am.. fine."

"Do you want my help?"

Silence.

"C... just.. NO MATTER HOW HARD I SCRUB, I CAN'T GET HIM OFF OF ME! I still feel him... ALL OVER ME!"

"Is it okay if I come in? Do you want my help?"

"Yes..."

Carlos stripped everything but his underwear, and slowly pulled back the shower curtain. He saw Maddy scrubbing herself, nearly raw, with her loofa, crying hysterically as the water cascaded down over her.

"Maddy.. I'm gonna touch you... is that..."

"I can't get him off Carlos! I STILL feel him, ALL OVER ME!" She sobbed as she fell into his chest. "I can't.. get him off.."

"I know.. it's okay. It's okay."

"Why are you still wearing your boxers?" Maddy sniffed as she slowly pulled back from Carlos.

He cleared his throat, "I didn't want to upset you..."

"It's you, Carlos.. I'm okay." She sniffed again, trying to calm down. Carlos kicked off his damp boxers and tossed them on top of his other clothes, outside of the tub. She turned away from him, slight shame filling her.

This was the first time Carlos really looked at her bruised thighs and marked up back— knowing how they got there filled him with rage, but he shook it away.

"I'm gonna come up behind you, is that okay?"

Maddy nodded her head 'yes.'

"Wanna hand me that?" Carlos asked, referring to her loofa.

Maddy did, taking a deep breath. "I trust you, Carlos."

Carlos took the soapy loofa, and gently placed it against her back, causing her jump slightly. "Sorry!"

"You're fine. I love you.."

"Love you too Mads. And look.. there that piece of shit goes! Oof. And there he goes again!" Carlos hummed with every movement of the loofa. Maddy was able to smile, letting the soap drip down her back, and the water from the shower head crash onto her closed eyes.

And before she could really process it, the feeling of Billy's filthy hands all over left her body.. she didn't feel him anymore. Maddy felt refreshed.
————————————————————————
"I'm so glad Carlos was there to help you, and I'm so glad you let him.."

"Me too, Teek. It was extremely cathartic. I needed a good release like that. So.. who all'd ya tell?"

"Don't be mad..."

"The 126?"

"Mmhmm...."

"Ha, I wondered why they started texting me so much last night. Did you tell them like.. the details?"

"Noooo. Just told them that that creep Billy... hurt you."

"Oh god.. how'd Judd take it?" Maddy winched slightly.

"He was mad..  not at you. Probably went to kick his ass though."

"Great..." Maddy chuckled as she cuddled closer to TK on his couch. "I feel like I should tell... my mom. And clear up with the guys what happened.. and.." Maddy faded off as she heard a noise outside the house, and jumped.

TK rubbed her back, "you're okay. You're safe." TK got up to investigate— "just that damn tree and it's branch on the window." He walked back over to the couch. "Told ya you're safe."

"Yes.... I am." Maddy sniffed her tears into a smile and rested her head on TK's strong, yet comfortable shoulder. He rubbed her back, "tell them only if you're comfortable. But you know they all love you.."

"I know..." Maddy sighed. "Moms gonna shit herself.... Dammit." She sighed again.

"I'll be with you every step of the way," TK replied before kissing her head.

Maddy smiled, "I love you so much, Teek."

"I love you too, Mads.. always and forever."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 2.6K 71
Avery Kate Strand is the daughter of Owen Strand and half-sister of T.K strand. Avery has always lived with her mom in Los Angeles. Owen has never re...
855K 23.7K 128
June Gomez has lost everyone she's ever loved and survived the end of the world. When she stumbles across a group, she's determined to prove herself...
6.3K 681 23
Mallory finds herself brokenhearted when she loses the love of her life in a tragic accident. She's left to pick up the pieces of her life with the h...
71.2K 1.6K 50
(Tarlos fanfic , remade storytelling) Tk strand has been through a lot. Within his 20+ years of living he has gone through heartbreak , rejection , a...