505 | Arctic Monkeys

By illstickaround

"I'm going back to 505 If it's a seven hour flight or a 45 minute drive" More

\|1|/
/|2|\
/|4|\
\|5|/
/|6|\
\|7|/
/|8|\
\|9|/
/|10|\
\|11|/
/|12|\
\|13|/
/|14|\
\|15|/
/|16|\
\|17|/
/|18|\
\|19|/
/|20|\
\|21|/
/|22|\
\|23|/
/|24|\
\|25|/
/|26|\

\|3|/

681 18 16
By illstickaround

The day had now flown by.

Elizabeth didn't do much except have that little trip to the café, and watch the tv which was something she rarely did.

Currently, Elizabeth was walking into the Cornerstone bar, wearing a tight black short dress, that highlighted her curves perfectly. She wore gator skin boots, that completed the look. She wore next to no make-up, she never really did have much on anyway on a day to day basis. Elizabeth found that make-up just covered up peoples imperfections, which should be embraced if anything.

Elizabeth looked around the bar, trying to find a recognisable face, and soon enough she does. Elizabeth walked over to the waving Nick, and took the empty settee beside him.

"Where's everyone else?" Elizabeth asked, scanning the room for either Jamie, Matt, or Alex.

"Jamie is in the bathroom, Matt is grabbing us drinks, and I haven't heard from Alex." Nick said, and Elizabeth simply nodded in response.

Matt joined the two seconds later, placing the beers in the middle of the table, and taking a seat on the other side of Nick. Elizabeth took a beer bottle from the centre and takes a sip. She looked over to Matt, and the two exchange eye contact, before Matt looked away, with disgust.

"Oh c'mon, why can't the two of you have a good time here? Enjoy each other's presence? At Cornerstone of all places!" Nick exclaimed, obviously getting sick of how Matt and Elizabeth still aren't on good terms.

Elizabeth shrugged her shoulders and took another swig of her beer. Matt stayed silent, looking at the now approaching Jamie.

"You took yer time mate." Matt said, and Jamie laughed lightly, sitting next to Elizabeth.

He placed his hand on her shoulder, and squeezed it slightly, "How are ya?" He asked,
"Still here, so must be fine." Elizabeth said, smiling as convincingly as possible, really feeling uncomfortable with how Matt kept shooting her daggers.

Jamie frowned before his eyes are set on a blonde lady entering the bar, he seemed quite fascinated in her.

His eyes followed the woman around their age to the table across from them, she was warmly welcomed by other women. Watching how happy she was being with her 'girlfriends' really makes Elizabeth take in the fact that she doesn't have any of those, the only real friends she had is the ones around her now, plus Alex.

To be honest, these last few years have been quite lonely for Elizabeth. She'd wished at times that she could have just somehow contacted Matt, and the two could have made up. But of course, it's not as easy as one imagined it to be.

Elizabeth downed her drink and looked around to see the boys are almost halfway through theirs.

Elizabeth looked back to Jamie, his eyes still set on the young blonde lady.

"Looks like you're taking an interest in someone." Elizabeth said, nudging Jamie slightly, and he chuckled, his cheeks flustering a bright red.

"At least it isn't his brothers mate." Matt spoke up, and Elizabeth looked over to Matt, her jaw clenching.

"You can't be one to talk, after all, you did sleep with my best friend." Elizabeth said.
"You slept with Andy!" Matt exclaimed.
"How many times do I have to tell you Matthew, I didn't sleep with him!" Elizabeth almost yelled, perhaps getting the attention of the whole bar.

"Hey, hey, hey. Let's calm down shall we? There's obviously some miscommunication so-" Nick got cut off by Matt.
"Miscommunication is an understatement." He said coldly.

Elizabeth sighed.

"I didn't sleep with Andy, I don't know how many times I have to say that, and how many times I have to keep saying that. But you did sleep with my best friend. That ruined our friendship, ruined our bond." Elizabeth said, getting past annoyed.
Matt looks away from Elizabeth, then back to her.
"So you didn't sleep with him?" Matt asked.
"That is what I told you in 2007 and I'm saying again now," Elizabeth said.

Matt sat there for a moment, and looked back up to her.

"How do I know you're not lying?" Matt asked.
Elizabeth rolled my eyes, "Oh my god."
"Oh yeah, just get pissed off at me for not believing you even though I have every right to." Matt huffed, taking a swig of his beer.

"You really wanna know where I was that night?" Elizabeth asked and Matt nodded.
"I was with Alex." She revealed.
"Can he corroborate this?" Matt asked.
"Sure." Elizabeth said, "When he gets here."

The two sat in silence, the whole table tense as they waited for Alex's arrival. Around twenty minutes later he arrived, walking through the bar and joining the group.

"Fancy of you to finally join us, Turner." Elizabeth said, she then took a swig of her beer. Alex simply looked up to the woman, and away to a beer in the centre of the table, taking it and having a sip.

Elizabeth is a bit taken aback by this, usually coming to Cornerstone raised everyone's mood, even if they claimed it to have been 'the worst day in their life'.

"Alex?" Matt asked.
The lead singer hummed as he looked up to the drummer.
"Where were you November 11th 2007?" Matt asked, being awfully specific.
"Far out Matt, you really expect me to think that far back?" Alex asked.
"You really don't remember?" Elizabeth asked, frowning.

Of course he remembered.

They were sitting on a little blue park bench in the middle of the night. He remembered looking into her soft green eyes and admired how they sparkled in the moonlight, looking as if they are stars in the crisp night sky. He then remembered looking down to her rosey red lips and having to fight the urge to place his lips on hers right then and there. He turned away.

"What's wrong?" She had asked him.

Alex turned his head back to her and bit his lip nervously.

"Y-You just look... You look-" Alex stuttered, unable to find his words.
"Spit it out, Al." Elizabeth laughed, pushing his shoulder playfully.

Oh how he adored her laugh. He'd stutter a million times if it meant he got to hear her laugh.

"You're just... you're so amazing, Liz." Alex said, looking into her eyes, getting pulled in and trapped in the green pastures.
Elizabeth smiled, "You've said that before."
"But I said that when we were just friends." Alex said.
"But we're friends right now?" Elizabeth questioned.

Alex sighed, How am I meant to tell her?

"The difference between now and then is that I'm totally hopelessly and completely in love with you." Alex said, "Well I've always been in love with you, but this time... It's different."

Alex couldn't tell her brother and his best friend what they ended up doing that night. It'd be a repeat of this argument they are currently in now.

And after all, they were old feelings.

It's all in the past.

"I was with you, I remember that. We hung out in the park on that little blue bench." Alex said.

And the way your lips looked so full, your eyes brighter than the stars in the night sky, Alex thought to himself.

Elizabeth smiled slightly, Was that all he remembered? She thought to herself.

She then looked to Matt.
"So?" She asked.
"I suppose if Al says you two were together... Then it means it's true." Matt says.
Elizabeth sat back in her chair with satisfaction.
"We good?" Matt asked Elizabeth,
"You still slept with my best friend, and five years ago I'd probably would have never forgiven you, but... But I would like us to be cool again." Elizabeth said, "It's in the past."

Jamie placed his beer down the table loudly.
"So, you're telling me that all you two had to do was talk? Like civilised human beings?" Jamie asked.
Matt chuckled slightly.
"Five whole years of not seeing her!" Jamie then exclaimed, and Elizabeth laughed as Jamie gave her a friendly side hug.

"You know what, I'm just happy that you two are friends again. It wasn't the same without you in the studio, El." Nick spoke up, and all the boys agree.

Elizabeth smiled and looked over to Matt, "You now have permission to call me by 'Eliza'." She stated, "Despite how much I hate that nickname." She added.
"I'm so very honoured." Matt said, smiling brightly.

The group then all began engaging in conversation. Elizabeth smiled, it truly felt like old times with all of them together around this table again, only it was many years later, the boys had some music experience under their belts, and well, Elizabeth had experienced heartbreak.

Elizabeth looked over to the dark brown haired man as the group continued to talk.

Alex was so secretive and subtle. It really made Elizabeth wonder what ever happened to the Alex Turner she remembered vividly years ago being a young, wild, and free teenager. He was always somewhat open, but now it seemed that he's bottling up his thoughts and feelings.

Could Alex one day just break? Let all his emotion out?

That was one thing the two did share in common, they always seemed to be secretive, and people found it hard to read their emotion at times.

Though Elizabeth could always read Alex's emotion, and he could always read hers. They seemed to just understand each other.

Elizabeth's gaze averted down to the mans neck, seeing purple marks on his skin. She definitely didn't see them earlier today when he came to her apartment, so Elizabeth came to the conclusion he decided to have a fun time with a lovely lady instead of hanging out with an old friend in a café.

Elizabeth snapped out of it as she was mentioned in a conversation.

"Elizabeth?" Nick asks, Elizabeth quickly turned herself to face the man, "How are you already on your third drink?" He then asked, Elizabeth glanced down at the empty bottle in her hands.

It seems that she might have gotten carried away when she was deep in thought.

"Perhaps I should stick with water now." Elizabeth stated, feeling a little tipsy. Nick laughed slightly and nodded, agreeing to her statement.

_/\_/\/\_

The night had gone by swiftly, the group bonding better than ever, just like it were years ago. But it seemed that Alex was fixated on his own thoughts during the entirety of the night. He'd often walk out of the bar to take calls, and come back in looking flustered. At least that's what Elizabeth saw through his sunglasses.

Elizabeth had indeed drunk water for the rest of the night, so she was slightly less tipsy than earlier. She glanced at the clock on the wall, and decided that it was time to go home and get some rest.

"Alright boys, I'm gonna go home and hit the sack." Elizabeth announced, sitting up from her seat, grabbing her purse and phone in the meantime.

"Leaving so soon?" Matt asked,
"You bet." Elizabeth said, she went over to give Jamie a hug, then Nick, and eventually Matt too.

"You know what, I'm gonna head out too." Alex said, just as Elizabeth was making her way over to him. "You've hardly even drunk that much, mate!" Nick exclaimed, and Alex simply shrugged his shoulders before waving the lads goodbye and walking out the door beside Elizabeth.

The two walk down the steps in silence, and Elizabeth walked down the street as Alex called for a taxi.

"Where are you going?" Alex called as he opened the car door.
"I'm walking home." Elizabeth said as she continued to walk down the street.
"Why?" Alex asked.
"Because I like to walk." Elizabeth said.
"Well I know you do but-" Alex stopped himself as she walked further away, he shut the cab door and ran down the footpath to catch up to Elizabeth.

"You're not walking the streets alone, not this late." Alex said.
"Its perfectly fine, Turner. I've walked the streets alone at this time before, many times in fact." Elizabeth said.
"I'm still walking with you." He said.

The two walked in silence for a few moments until Alex spoke up, breaking the silence.
"Nice boots." He said, breaking the silence, "Thanks."Elizabeth said, looking down at the gator skin boots she's wearing.

She then looked over to Alex, "You know you're failing to hide it with your collar, Turner." Elizabeth said, looking back ahead, and Alex stays silent, simply adjusting his jacket.

The two walked the next fifteen minutes in silence, something they used to do regularly back in the day. Elizabeth remembered the time back in Highschool when Alex had decided to walk with her in the soaking rain instead of catch his bus back home.

"Al, you're going to catch a cold." Elizabeth had said.
"It's worth it if I know you get home okay." Alex stated.
"I literally live right beside you." Elizabeth said, "You would've seen me."
"You're missing the point, Liz." Alex spoke.
"And what's that?" She asked.
"That I want to walk with you." Alex said, "Even if that means I get drenched and catch a cold."

Elizabeth reached her doorstep and pulled her keys out of her purse, before turning the key in its lock, opening the door wide open.

Alex looked past Elizabeth, into her home.
"Still looks the same." Alex said. His eyes then met the guitar which sat on the stand, and a small smile finds itself across his face, but it quickly faded away.

"Thanks for walking me home, Turner. It was unnecessary though." Elizabeth said.
"Anytime." Alex said before turning to his side and walking away.

That was something that she now understood he did regularly... He never really says goodbye. He just leaves the conversation as is, deciding that he didn't need to bid a farewell.

Elizabeth called out to him.
"Turner?"
After a few seconds he walked back into her vision.
"D-Do you want to stay over? You're welcome to... It's late, you've had a bit to drink and I'll feel bad if you walk me home and I can't walk you home." Elizabeth said.

Alex thought for a moment.

"It's okay, thanks Elizabeth." Alex said.
"Just message me so I know you get back okay?" Elizabeth asked.
"Of course." Alex said.

Elizabeth stood there awkwardly for a moment.

"Goodbye, Turner."
"Goodnight, Elizabeth."

Elizabeth watched as Alex turned around and walked down the hallway, entering the elevator.

Usually she'd hug him goodbye, but she hadn't hugged him in so long. Maybe she was just afraid that it'd be weird... hugging someone after so long. But there was also a possibility that she was afraid he doesn't hug her like he used to, because she loved the way he used to hold her in his arms.

It made her feel wanted, safe.

Elizabeth got changed into her pyjamas, then crashing into her bed, instantly falling asleep.

But, Elizabeth awoke several hours later, to the sound of banging coming from her front door. She slowly crept up out of bed, and looked through the small peep hole on her door, shocked to see the figure standing there.

She unlocked the door, and pushed it open to see one of the Arctic Monkey's leaning against the doorframe, relying on it to keep himself in an upright position.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

794K 22.1K 64
"You're drunk. You're always drunk. You can't keep coming here." "I didn't know where else to go."
100K 2.3K 31
An aerialist and a lyrical genius meet one night, finding kindred spirits in each other. Though both lead completely different lives, but their desir...
67K 1.8K 68
"Alex, what are we?" "Well what do you want to be?" "Yours.." THIS STORY CONTAINS: profanity, sexual content DISCLAIMERS:Throughout this story work f...
127K 3.1K 68
"I wanna be yours and yours only, Alex."