Angry Wolf and His Deaf Mate

By Nefertel

Nai's always felt different, been made to feel like he is a freak. A move to a new town should be a chance fo... More

Nai
Asher
Nai
Asher
Nai
Asher
Nai
Asher
Nai
Asher
Nai
Asher
Clay
Epilogue
Spin-off
In Time - Part 1
In Time - Part 2
Save Me - Part 1
Save Me - Part 2
My Saviour - Part 1
My Saviour - Part 2
Second Chances - Part 1
Second Chances - Part 2
Second Chances - Part 3
New Start - Part 1
New Start - Part 2
New Start - Part 3

Max

636 26 0
By Nefertel

It had taken me months of relentless begging and pleading with my mum for her to finally give in and move back. She wouldn't listen until I promised her if she lets me go back to Nai then I would stop being gay. That worked a treat. Ever since I came out to them she has been introducing me to every possible girl or woman she can find.

I think she hoped one of them could 'cure' me.

The instant we arrive I instantly go to Nai's house. It's locked and from what I can see through the windows no one lives there anymore.

'Maybe they have moved house?' I think as I make my way to school the next day. I head straight to the office after school when I fail to see Nai at all, in any of the lessons I know he should be in.

The women in the office tell me that Nai is no longer attending that school, in fact, he has moved to somewhere in Texas. When I got home I contemplated asking mum to move again but when she tells me about how good it is to see her old friends, I know the answer.

She asks me about Nai and I scowl.

"He's not here. He moved not long after you made me leave," I accuse. She gives me the look that says 'don't test me'.

"We wouldn't have moved if you didn't get into so many fights," she states.

"What was I supposed to do? Just let my best friend get bullied and beaten. You know I couldn't do that!" I yell at her. I stomp off to the stairs but stop before I head up.

"Oh and by the way deals off. I said I would stop being gay if we could go back to Nai. He isn't here so no deal."

I don't wait to see her expression. I can imagine how pissed off she looks right now.

It takes me a few weeks to find out where he has moved to. It would have taken less time if mum hadn't confiscated my phone and erased every number that wasn't family.

I had thought about contacting him on social media until I remember he doesn't do any of that. No matter how hard I tried to convince him.

With graduation coming closer I decided to take a risk and apply to the university closest to his new town. Mum isn't happy but I honestly don't care.

Ever since I left I realised my feelings for Nai were more than what I thought. I always thought he was cute, but he wasn't my type or at least that's what I thought.

Plus I never thought he was interested in anyone, let alone guys.

I am almost positive he will come to this school. I spend the better part of two weeks walking around campus looking for him. I'm about to give up, thinking he might have gone somewhere else when I spot him in a coffee shop.

He's sat reading, at first I wasn't sure it was him. He looks different somehow. I can't quite place how. I walk over to him and stand behind the chair in front of him, my heart is pounding.

"Finally, I've been waiting for you," he says. A stab of jealousy hits my heart, he's waiting for someone. A girlfriend maybe?

"Sit down already," he tells me. I follow his command, pull out the chair and sit down. Nai doesn't look up right away, it takes him a minute but when he does his dark eyes go wide.

"Max?" I smile, at least he remembers me.

'Hey Nai,' I sign. I'm really glad that I continued to learn. 'You look good, how have you been?'

His mouth opens and closes like a fish. It takes everything I can to not burst out laughing at the look he's giving me.

'Are you at least going to say hi to your oldest friend?'

He doesn't say anything before he pulls me into a big hug.

For a moment everything is good until he tenses, looks behind him and says he has to go. He at least leaves me his number, he must have figured out I didn't have his number anymore.

I decide to head home and wait a few hours before messaging him. It seemed like something was wrong. He had been waiting for someone and then left so suddenly. I saw a few people outside but they were mainly men.

'Hey Nai, it's Max. I hope everything is ok, you rushed out so suddenly. Anyway, I would love to catch up with you if you are free, fancy meeting me for a drink?'

I wait patiently for his reply, well as patiently as I can. It takes him a while to respond but when he does I am beyond ecstatic.

I race into the shower, and spend way too long trying to pick what to wear, it feels like I'm going on a date. Once I have finally decided I head off to the bar he told me about. I'm surprised he wants to meet at a bar, I figured he would suggest a restaurant or something, he had never been much of a drinker before.

He's sat at the bar when I walk in, I see him speaking to the barman as I approach. I notice him fiddle with his watch, he jumps when I clasp his hand.

He blushes a little as I sit down in front of him. The blush looks cute on him.

'Hey man, you ok?' I sign. When he smiles it damn near takes my breath away, I had forgotten how cute he is.

He looks at his watch again after the barman brings me a beer, giving us a strange look. It's almost like he's worried about being seen with me.

'Everything really ok?' I ask.

'Yeah, everything's great. What about you? I never expected to see you again.' That smile is back again and I can't help my dick jumping a little.

'I know right. Would you be mad at me if I said I actually planned it,' his eyebrows cross over his forehead, I can tell he's trying to figure out what I mean.

'What do you mean?'

'I begged mum and dad to let me go back to that school, but they wouldn't until I told them I would promise to stop being gay. Mum readily agreed of course, like she thought it was just a switch you can turn on and off. However, when I got back you had already left. It took me a while to find out where you went. As soon as I did I wanted to follow you to your new school but that wasn't going to happen.

So, like the creepy-ass stalker I am, I planned to go to a university near your new town. I knew that you wouldn't want to go far away from your mum, and I was right.'

The shocked look on his face is so worth the wait. I knew my patience would be rewarded.

'Did you stop being gay?' he asks me. I can see the wheels in his head turning, blaming himself for me being forced to stop being who I am. I'm tempted to cash in on that guilt, how will he compensate me?

Full body massage? Home-cooked meal? Suck my cock?

I smirk inwardly before I decide to let him out of his misery.

'Nope, the deal was to go back and see you. Obviously, the second part didn't happen, so the deal was off.' I know I look pleased with myself with that loophole.

Mum was naturally furious with me. Her attempts to find me a girl doubled after that. She even tricked a girl into sneaking into my bed naked whilst I was in the shower. She was told that I like girls that surprise me.

Boy was she pissed when I told her I prefer guys to girls and that my mum lied to her. Apparently, the girl was a massive fan of guys getting together and hated parents that can't accept their gay sons.

'What would you have done if you had seen me?' Honestly, I hadn't thought of that.

'I just wouldn't have dated until I got into university, no big deal. Then she wouldn't be able to stop me. I would still be gay just single.' I left out the part where I would date him once in university.

He smiles at him whilst shaking his head.

'What about you? Anything or anyone new?' I ask, hoping beyond hope that he says no.

'Well yeah actually, I'm seeing someone,' my heart sinks. How could I be so stupid to think that he wouldn't have someone? It's been almost a year since I last saw him. I plaster on a smile as I ask the hardest question I have ever asked.

'Really? What's she like?' I imagine a beautiful blond or brunette with some big boobs or something like that. A lot of straight guys like girls like that don't they?

He then says something that I would never have expected in a million years.

'Well he is called Asher, and .......' eyes wide I stop him.

'Wait! He? He's a he? You're Gay? Since when? Don't tell me you were gay when we were together? How could I have not known you were gay?' I can't stop the questions, I just can't fathom how I missed that he was gay.

'God he's so cute right now,' I think as he gets flustered trying to explain.

'Or are you Bi?' I ask, he shakes his head.

'No, I only like Asher. You know I was never really interested in anyone before and I haven't been interested in anyone else until I met him.'

'I guess that makes sense,' I think. 'That means that if he hadn't met this Asher than him and I wouldn't happen either.'

'So, you're saying that if you hadn't met him you would still be single? Also if you two broke up, you would date either a guy or a girl?' he shrugs his shoulders.

My heart sinks even further.

'Well can I meet the man that turned you over to the dark side,' I really don't want to meet this guy but I can at least size up my competition.

'Sure he's here, he wanted to come and meet you too, but I told him to wait. I said he could come to the bar but he wasn't to interrupt us.'

We don't have to wait long before a hulking figure of a man steps up and wraps an arm around Nai's shoulders. My competition is huge, tattooed and very muscular. Before I may have drooled over him.

"Well hello," I say with a smile but it's forced. I don't like the look of this guy, he looks like a player. Nai is too good for this guy.

"Hello, I'm Asher. Nice to meet you," Asher holds his hand out but I don't take it. Instead, I turn to Nai and sign.

'Does this gorilla even know how to sign?' I ask him, positive the big guy has no clue what I am saying. Asher lowers his hand and glares at me. To be honest the look is a bit off-putting but I steel myself.

"I may not be as good as you or Nai, but I know enough to know what you just said. To answer your rude question I'm still learning. I'm not as good as you since you've had a few more years to learn than I have."

Ok, I was surprised that he knew what I said but it still didn't change my mind.

"I will leave you and your friend to it, Clay needs some help with his homework anyway." Clay? Knew he was seeing someone else and Nai knows about him? Nai watches him leave and then glares at me.

'What!' I say with a smirk. Glad the big oaf has left.

"That wasn't nice," He tells him, refusing to sign. What the hell!

'What did I say that was wrong?' I sign back, why doesn't he sign? Is that gorilla making him fit into the hearing world? He shouldn't have to, he should be with someone that fits in with his world.

"Asher is trying hard to get better at his signing. We haven't been together that long, only a few months, so he hasn't been learning for that long.

He started to learn before we got together. He wanted to show me he was serious, that he didn't care that I was deaf. He knows about the troubles I had at the previous school,' he explains still refusing to sign.

I shrug my shoulders at him. It doesn't matter that he is learning or started learning before they started dating, it's still a trick. It has to be.

"So what? I bet it was just a trick to get you into bed. I know guys like him, he isn't the serious type. I bet he has had a string of girls and guys, I bet this Clay is one of them." I stop as a horrible thought goes through my mind before looking at him.

"Tell me you didn't fall for it? Tell me you haven't slept with him have you? Please don't tell me he took your virginity."

He gets angry with me then, confirming he has. He's slept with that gorilla.

"Clay is his best friend, who is also a friend of mine. As for Asher dating a lot, he didn't date anyone before me. Believe me, the number of girls and guys demanding to know why he chose me and not them was clear enough.

As for learning to sign as a trick to get me into bed, shows you don't know him or how little you think of me. We had been together for over a month before we slept together and we spent every single day together that we could.

Max, you're my friend and I am so happy to see you again, but if you're going to be a bitch about and to the man I love then I'm sorry but I don't want to see you." he leaves not giving me a chance to respond or say anything.

I try to follow him out but, at first, I can't see him until I catch sight of him further up the street. I race to catch up but he goes into a house before I can.

As I walk up, there is a different guy standing on the porch. I feel a little uneasy about him. Soon he disappears inside and then they all come out.

'So Nai lives here with that guy or he sleeps over. Please just say he sleeps over.' I am pathetically begging in my head at this point.

Nai leaves the gorilla and the stranger on the porch as he walks up to me with a smile.

"Max, do I even want to know how you know where I live?" at least he isn't too mad at me to joke with me.

'I'm sorry....' I start to sign but Nai stops me.

"Speak or leave, no signing." I look at him incredulously. He is accommodating that gorilla.

'What!' I sign again, he sighs.

"I mean it, Max, you know Asher can't sign as well as you or me. He can hear us and you either say what you have come to say out loud or leave. I won't have you disrespecting the man I love."

His words stab my heart over and over again

"The man you love? Are you fucking kidding me! You love that gorilla?" I can't believe him.

When he nods he looks so proud to say out loud that he loves this guy. Would the gorilla be as proud?

"Yes Max, I love Asher. He's my boyfriend, and he loves me too." I glare at the man behind him.

"That man whore can't possibly love you. He's just playing you so he can fuck you any time he wants. A gorilla, like him, probably has a different guy or girl for each day of the week. Which day are you huh? Friday? Saturday?

Also, if he loves you then why does that other guy have his hand on him, huh? Your man is letting another guy touch him while you stand there."

I know I sound like a spoiled brat right now but I had to make him see sense. Nai turns to look at his guy and sighs as he turns back to me.

"That's Clay, his best friend but they're more like brothers. Also, he isn't touching him in the way you think. He's holding him back, I imagine he wants to punch you right now. You basically just called him a man whore and insulted me,"

I look at the big guy and for a second I am scared that he will attack me, but I'm also scared that he will attack Nai. It looks like he is good at getting angry.

"Max, why can't you accept Asher as my boyfriend? Is it because he's a guy, or because he looks like those assholes from before?" Nai asks me.

I shake my head. I know it isn't because he's a guy or because he does look a little like the jerks from high school

"I'm not bothered that you're with a guy," I sigh.

"What then! Why can't you just be happy for me?" Nai's angry now, he's never been this angry before, especially not at me.

"Because it's not me!" I shout. I hadn't meant to shout, I was just getting frustrated.

"What!" I hear Nai whisper.

I do the stupidest thing I could possibly do at that moment. I grab Nai's shoulders and kiss him. Nai, very rightly, pushes me away and punches me.

He then leaves and goes to his boyfriend. I'm surprised that he hasn't come down to beat me up.

"Nai!" I rub my cheek, it stings but I know I deserve it.

Asher wraps his arms around him as if to calm him down and to hold him back.

"Max what the hell were you thinking?" he demands in a strong voice, a voice I have never heard him use before.

"Nai ... I ....." I stammer, I have no excuse.

"Tell me what the fuck you were thinking?" he demands again.

The only excuse I can give him is a weak one but it's the only one I have

"I ... I love you Nai, I've always loved you," I whisper.

"Since when?" he asks with a sigh.

I know it's now or never to tell him the truth.

"I realised after I left. I had always been attracted to you, but you were my friend. At first, I thought it was just because I thought you were cute. Then when I couldn't see you anymore I realised that I had actual feelings for you. That's why I tried really hard to get back to you. When I was too late it crushed me. Then I thought if I was patient and waited until I saw you in college, I would confess how I felt, then you and I would be together. I never thought that you would have had a boyfriend or even a girlfriend."

"Oh nice, thanks for making me sound like a loser," Nai teases me with a small smile on his face.

At least he doesn't fully hate me. I chuckle at his comment.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that I never saw you interested in anyone, not even anyone famous. So I assumed you would still be the same. Especially after what you went through with those assholes," he nods and sighs.

"I'm really sorry Max but I don't think of you that way, I never have. It wouldn't change even if I wasn't with Asher, I would still only want to be your friend," he tells me.

I sigh and nod, I knew that deep down.

"I guess I knew that, I was just hoping ... never mind." I look at Asher, never more envious of a guy than I was right then.

"I'm sorry," I say before walking off. Nai stops me from leaving. I'm ashamed to look at him

"Wait! Where are you going?" he asks. I smile to hear the worry in his voice. At least it sounds like I haven't lost my friend.

"I should get home, I have class in the morning," I explain.

"Is it far? We can give you a ride home," I see the look he gives Asher, I can tell Nai isn't a pushover in this relationship. That at least makes me feel a little better.

Asher looks like driving me home is the last thing in the world he wants to do. Just as I am sure he is about to give in to Nai the other guy, Clay claps him on the shoulder.

"I'll give him a ride home Nai, I think that Asher may be a little too drunk to drive," he smirks at Asher and I can see Asher glaring as well as Nai blushes. That statement seems to have a secret meaning.

Clay shows me to a car and for some reason, I'm too nervous to be alone with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 226 29
(Book-2)After five years, Lucky has grown. His very handsome but clumsy. His clumsiness always gets in the way. He would want to play sports, but he...
95.6K 2.5K 37
Kane is excited on his first day of school, especially now he's a sophomore, and not a stupid freshman. Everything is normal until a new guy shows up...
24K 724 17
In a world where demons and other supernatural roam the earth, Finding love can be difficult for some. But luckily, werewolves have soulmate's. That...
499K 20.2K 34
JAN 2015 - JUNE 2017 COMPLETED After being sent off by his pack away from his mate, Harris' life has become more miserable than ever. Having to be Ni...