THE BABY PROJECT || HUANG REN...

By ready_freak

❝Uhmm, what the fuck is that?❞ ❝Oh my God, that is our baby!❞ _________________________________________ One f... More

DISCLAIMER & PRELUDE
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 1

659 15 1
By ready_freak

Streams of golden morning light seeped through the latticed window, casting checkered spotlights over her sleeping figure, blooming as it danced upon her skin. There was a hint of playfulness in the air, the white-gold light streaks illuminating everything in an ocherous rampage.

Spring, gently as it came, uplifting all souls and spirits.

Sieun turned her head over her crossed elbows, her hair tumbling over her eyes, locks of brown strands hiding the serene smile etched on her lips as she felt the sun on her face.

Peace...

"Did you watch the new Penthouse episode?" A not-so-very-quiet conversationalist entered the empty classroom, breaking the silence and her tranquility.

"I had a late night shift." The thud of a bag hitting a desk sounded from somewhere within the room. "So no spoilers, Jaeman."

Shifting her head, Sieun peered over her elbows to pry on the loud-mouthed group of bantering boys.

"Aww, I was going to discuss with you how Cheon Seojin—" Jaemin's spoiler-laced-behind-innocent-discourse was interrupted by Haechan's palm pressed against his mouth. Caging him in a headlock, he wrestled with his friend to keep him from blabbering. "I knew it. You always have to do this, don't you? Spoil an important plot development and be a bastard jerk."

Jeno's laughter vibrated through the air.

Sieun's head lolled to the side for a more comfortable view. 

Oh, damn.

People would never think she had something more productive to do than sit there, earwigging to a group of friends joshing. No. Sieun had zero plans for the afternoon. Catching up on her sleep and prying onto private conversations before class most certainly marked an entertaining gap in her busy schedule.

Jaemin managed to free his mouth. "You're acting unreasonable." His eyes glistened in a mixture of mischief and rapture. "How long will you make me suffer for sharing my joy with you?"

Haechan begs to differ, she inwardly responded, fumbling with the zipper pull.

"You talk too much." Haechan barricaded Jaemin's mouth again, and the two battled for the upper hand. Right then, the door opened, and Sieun's eyes locked on a dark-haired boy, and, for a split second, everything faded into the background. His soft features contrasted with the scowl on his face as he ignored the ruckus to beeline at his desk. He took his seat beside the window, and his friends flocked to him like chicks to Mama Hen.

Haechan smirked at his friend. "Look who decided to show up."

Renjun rolled his eyes. "The feeling's mutual."

Jaemin and Jeno settled on the seats before them. The desks in their classroom were set up for partners. Two chairs per table. The rest of the class started to fill in.

"Crazy bastard. You're in a pissy mood again today, I see." Jaemin chuckled, entertained by his friend's ever-present frown and piercing chocolate-brown eyes. He looked pissed and annoyed as always, like someone just punched his grandmother in the face and kicked his puppy.

Sieun sighed, exhaling a deep breath as she sat upright, lazily dropping her chin on her palms. It's not worth it, she thought, fixing her gaze on the outside world, drowning out the bantering boys and their tittering.

More bustles of chatters filled the classroom, students flowing in for the first Child Development class of the term. Someone swung the door open with a loud thwack, and Sieun jumped at the noise. In walked her best friend with the world's biggest glower on her face.

Another bad-tempered bastard.

"Someone looks very happy today," Sieun chirped, flaunting a wide welcoming grin.

"Shut up, Sieun," Aeri grumbled, dropping beside her. "I hate this already."

"The class hasn't even started yet." Sieun rolled her eyes, earning a middle finger from her friend, who already had her face hidden behind the folds of her elbows, ready to let drowsiness overtake her senses.

Sieun tut, tut, tutted. "You're not going to graduate at this rate."

Aeri shrugged like she could care less. "Awesome."

Sieun rolled her eyes again. Her best friend's casualness regarding academics baffled her, but what would a scholarship student know about the life of an elite with riches more than enough to feed three generations without as much as lifting a finger?

Not so long after, the teacher entered with an exceptionally cheerful grin etched on her lips, her face contorted into extreme delight. Sieun hurriedly elbowed her friend, waking her up.

"Good morning, students." She beamed, her smile ear to ear as she dropped the course materials on the desk with a thump, and Aeri groaned in displeasure. "Welcome to the Child Development Class. I am Dr. Emelia Hudson Kim, your professor for the term. You might have opted for this course because you thought you could sit back and lounge. Well, it is. But with a twist." Dr. Kim's lips stretched further, and Aeri gulped down a lump, backing away from her seat. "This is going to be bad."

"You worry too much." Sieun clicked her tongue, sending her a lopsided glance.

"This semester, you all are going to participate in..." Dr. Kim trailed off in an attempt to build suspense, but her excitement as she interlaced her fingers had the opposite effect on the students. "The Baby Project!"

Moans and groans of protest filled the classroom. Dr. Kim shut it all out with a loud thump as she slammed her hands on the table. "Oh, come on! Don't be such a stick in the mud. This project is going to be fun!"

"Starting tomorrow, you are to care for a baby for six weeks. You are going to take the baby simulator home and care for it. You must feed, charge, burb, and rock the baby. Points will be deducted accordingly if you fail to do so. And," She stopped, sending warning glares to the students. "No child abuse. If recorded, you'll fail the class."

Another wave of groans filled the air, thankfully stopping as Dr. Kim cleared her throat. "I have, of course, chosen the partners." She smiled, displaying the list of students on the screen. Walking around her table, she handed the course materials as she continued speaking. "I have provided you with the course materials and the worksheets you will be filling out after every assessment. Please sit with your partners from tomorrow for convenience. And don't forget that you'll be thoroughly evaluated and graded for the project. Please—"

Dr. Kim's voice drowned out as Sieun sat still, eyes wide open in a stupor. "What the—" She breathed out, eyes drifting over the class to look for her project partner to find him already staring at her.

Aeri snorted. "See, I told you this was going to be bad." Sliding her fingers through her hair, she tugged on the roots in frustration. "Shit. I have the worst luck in the world. Why does my partner have to be him? Him?" Failing to hear her friend's reaction, she nudged the girl. "Sieun? Are you listening?"

Sieun hummed, tearing her gaze from her partner to the girl beside her. "Who is your partner, Aeri?"

"Na Jaemin. He is so..." Aeri trailed off, tapping her index finger over her jaw. "What's a proper way of saying bent in the head without sounding too mean?"

Sieun's head cocked to the side. "Eccentric?"

Aeri sighed, dramatically letting her head fall on the desk. "Just my luck."

An amused look fell on Sieun's face. "You guys will get along, then."

Aeri glared at her. "Never." Her arms folded. "Who is your partner, Sieun?"

"Huang Renjun."

Update Schedule- Every 2nd Sunday of the month

I will be back for the errors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 3.6K 67
• 𝕞𝕒𝕗𝕚𝕒/ 𝕘𝕒𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕦 • 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕠𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕨 -COMPLETED- going through m...
34.9K 1.9K 11
❝𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄.❞ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘯𝘢 𝘫𝘢𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘶𝘱 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘰...
333 34 7
❝I think we found our forever at the wrong time.❞ ~~~ 나 재민 FANFICTION NCT DREAM Highschool AU STATUS: ON GOING neocultss_ 2024
70.3K 2K 70
"누나!!" "姐姐!!" "お姉さん!!" Cₒₘₑ ₐₙd ₑₓₚₑᵣᵢₑₙcₑ ₜₕₑ cᵤₜₑₙₑₛₛ ₒᵥₑᵣₗₒₐd, ₗₒᵥₑₗy, cₕₐₒₛ ₐₙd fᵤₙₙy ₘₒₘₑₙₜₛ wᵢₜₕ Nₐᵣₐ ᵢₙ bₐbyₛᵢₜₜᵢₙg NCT'ₛ ₘₐₖₙₐₑ ₗᵢₙₑ ₍₉₉₋₀₂...