Stay Hidden

By uNc0veRed

Different from the human race they dwell with witchcraft, spell, and live according to the written prophecy... More

Stay Hidden
Chapter One
Chapter Two

Chapter Three

10 2 0
By uNc0veRed

Out of the secret chamber I rush through the woods and search my mother. But she was gone…

“Mom? Mom?” Tears start to sting my eyes.

Every eye was on me and all of them look at me with great disgust. I can take those but my mother, where did she go or what have they done?

“My mom, please tell me where is she? Please, please…” I sink on my knees with the raging crowd against me.

Tears I couldn’t stop slowly the crowd grew thinner and thinner, I heard them all, they wanted us dead. Mom I could not take this. Why? Why? Do I really need to suffer this? Do I really need to be this broken? I sobbed and let it all out. Again I’m all alone.

“Mabby?”

“Mom.”

Warm arms rescued me from the springing ache in my chest, my mom. Nothing ever beat a mother’s hug. We’re both on our knees needing each other’s comfort.

“Mom where have you been? I’m scared.”

“Hush now dear, I’m here.”

“Why do you have to do this?” I look her straight in the eyes now shimmering, I saw love and pain it clearly reflect mine.

“No need to worry it wasn’t me a prisoner escaped I need to stop him and everything is fine, don’t be afraid mom is right here.” Hearing those loving words from her I cry even harder.

“Oh! Mom, I’ ---mm sorry.”  My heart stumps with love I could hardly utter. I run out of words.

“Mabby, I’m sorry too dear, now let’s go home.”

“Mom, the council?”

“They know. We are safe.”

“I’m so scared mom.”

“Darling, we are safe now hush and stop crying.”

All I need is to know we are safe and I believe my mom. There is no place I could be any safer than being in my mother’s arms. I’m safe and sound.

Waking up early in the morning is a one hard duty and one thing my body can’t learn to change, phew I’m used to this. The loud alarm clock besides me is exaggerating my morning mood. Then here it goes I’m awake.

The beautiful forest amazes my eyes. It always like this so beautiful and heartwarming from the thick leaves of tall proud tress to its roots, birds are up in the early sky, and my town folks are all out busy of working their daily duties. My misty eye is adjusting from the glistening light coming from Mr. Sun. I smiledhoping this day would brought new beginning, new friends and we may learn to forget the bad things happened last week. But it never stops me from going to the other side. I’m still not used of being hidden.

“My book!” Rubbing my eyes, I snatch a book inside my pillow and read it.

“New York, London, Washington D.C, Australia, Texas.” A broad smile stretches my lips after seeing beautiful places like this.

Pictures and places far from our world, a world we are forbidden. A world I always wanted to belong. I stole this book in the library no one knows and of course they should not because we are not supposed to gain knowledge about the outside world. We are forbidden we belong in the forest, this is our life, our home but the moment I learn about the big world out there… I know I belong somewhere out there and I need to know. I read the remaining pages, the pages is thick and colorful with beautiful faces in it, and person I wish to know more, like the queen of England, how I yearn to meet her in person with prince William and princess Kate.

“Mabby! Are you awake?”

“Yes mom.” Good thing I learn to hide things perfectly tucking my book under my magic pillow that swallow my entire book, a perfect spell for a rebellious girl.

“Hurry now dear, time for school.”

“Argh.” I hate school.

“Don’t think about it.”

“Kay.”

Taking a warm shower and fixing, I it never take long wait and I’m done, wearing same uniform and black shiny shoes. My uniform is not that comfy with its short mini skirt then knee sacks.

I hurriedly make my way down the stairs and saw mom in the kitchen.

“Morning mom.” I kissed her plumy cheek and seated on the kitchen isle it never bother mom.

“Morning too, how are you?” Placing a big pancake and syrup on top makes my tummy grumble, biting a big chunk on my tasty pancake I just shrug. It is same thing I hate school.

“Well. Hurry up buttercup your off to school.” Seeing my mother’s happiness I never tried something to sour her mood but she doesn’t know I only attend school and stuck in the library, read something I want and stole books. She would die and the council too if they know, only if they know and the thing is they don’t even have a clue.

“Okay mom. I’m done.”

“Be good.” I give her a warm hug and whispered.

“Same to you wish me luck.” She chuckled and it brings joy in my heart.

“Bye mom.”

“Bye dear.”

I’m out and I look my mother once more and her eyes, oh my mother’s eyes is sad, she tried to smile but it never reaches her eyes. Waving at her then I turn my back.

“Mom will find a way out.”

The third period of today’s class end without any hassle and trouble, every classmate of mine never seems to pay attention of my presence which makes me smile. I don’t have any friends and I don’t want to have one if I’ll get hurt and traitor at the end in my life I only got myself to hold on and mom. We only have each other now. Sneaking at the library’s restricted area I read books and magazine. Doing this kind of thing is exhilarating. I love it.

“My mother told me I should prepare myself for the upcoming nation test for debutant this year.”

“Really? So it means I can’t celebrate it at home and half of our class is turning eighteen this year..”

“Sounds like that.”

“So when is that big day?”

“Tomorrow or I don’t know.”

I feel like I was struck by a lightning. The test, so it was real I almost forgot that thing I should tell mother. My heart pumps like it hike big mountains it seems not to be normal for me to act this way. Peeping through the empty shelf, it was Candece and Mel talking. I’m turning eighteen this September twenty eight so that means I need to join. What if it was me? No impossible Mabby, you are plain and powerless to be that person and perhaps I don’t like wars. Slowly and carefully I make my way out the restricted area of the library with books and new magazine to read at home perfectly fit on my now magical pocket and stroll down the empty hall carefree. The class ends and I went home.

“Mom?” I call out in our empty dining room.

No question she’s out again somewhere I don’t know. I run upstairs in my room took a relaxing warm shower; change into my clean clothes just my same old t-shirt and sweat pants. I heard a knock and hurriedly run downstairs then open our wooden door. It wasn’t mom, my mom always know where our spare key is.

“Yes?” 

A big tall lanky guy in a tux showed in our front door. He got this big tuna eyes, a crook nose and a goatee it never look good on him. I sheepishly smiled at him. No doubt he was sent by the council for something. Oh was it about me sneaking underground? Bad luck I’m caught. I turn white.

“Darling are you okay.” A gentle hand taps my shoulder.

“Yee—sss.” I was startled and shaking, I’m sure I look paler this time I never look him in the eyes instead I look at his bow tie.

“You’re mother is she home?”

“No sire. It means you’re not here to arrest me?” I blurted out of joy and it would only disappoint mom so it is better to be kept as a secret. Phew!

“No, no, darling not if you have done something wrong. Didn’t you?”

I almost failed catching my breath. Shaking my head and as I look up he was licking his lips. My eyes bulge and I look away.

“Well can you give her this letter?”

He hand me a black envelop with a seal that look exactly the same with the remarkably elegant design from the book of prophecy I saw. It wasn’t like an ordinary paper they used it was smoothly silken I like how it touches my skin. The goatee messenger chuckled at my amazement of the paper. I bit my lip, oh it was very obvious.

“Darling don’t open it, your mother must read it first.” He gently touches my hair.

I cringed with the sudden closeness, he is an impossible tuna eyes! I step back. Still I refuse to look him in the eye I might see things I don’t want to see. I feel him smirking as he move few step away from me. Thank you for that.

“Okay thank you.”

“Bye darling.”

His voice sounds so gross it does not sound sexy! Flirty messenger, after it he vanished through the thin air. Teleportation I guess. I instantly lock the door holding the letter close. I clear my head the mirror besides me reflect the way I dress. Oh that’s why he acts like that, it’s not like I wear something fleshy but something hilarious!

“Mabby I’m home.” My mother calls out of somewhere.

“Kitchen.” I shout back while digging some fruit salad.

“Hey.” I greeted her as she takes out fresh vegetables from the paper bag, perfect she’s in a good mood.

“Here are your apples.”

“Wow thanks mom. Ahm you got a letter from the council.” Pointing the black letter in the table.

Her face turns sour. Weird, I continued eating my fruit salad licking the very tasty cream on my spoon. Ravishing every single bite, mom’s face looks anxious as she scramble letter and her brows are perfectly knitted scanning and a twisted mouth like the letter is so bad that atmosphere seems to go hostile.

“Mom, you okay?”

“Test? Mabby you are turning eighteen.” My mother’s eyes are wide and panicky.

“Mom it’s alright, it’s just a test and we need to stop the half-blood to avoid war.” Shoot, I’m dead.

I bite my lower lip on how tactless I’ am. Bad Idea I should never said that. I just sound so knowledgeable about the half blood thingy which only the supreme council knew about it and now there was me. If looks could kill I’m probably dead by now with mom’s glare.  Trying my best to look innocent and sending messages to her to drop the subject, I feast on my food and moan with the deliciousness dancing on my taste buds and to make mom drop the subject.

“Mom, this taste really good, can you make me another one?” Giving my puppy-dog-eyes.

“Stop eating and there is no way that I’ll drop this subject! Where did you learn about it? Did you read the letter?” She was ferocious this time with those scary looks and she looks like a ticking time bomb.

“Well, hold on my Mom, first I learn it at school and obviously I never read your letter.”

“School? Impossible this could not be happening.” She sank on the chair with same worried look. What have I done?

“We need to escape.” Out of the blue my mother is uttering nonsense.

“Escape plan? For what! Stop talking like a crazy mom.” Staring at her very serious face I tried to lighten the mood but she seems to be so distress.

“Mabby you are right just forget it. Go to your room I’ll call you when dinner’s ready.”

“Okay mom.” Walking up to my room I never look back. I can feel something is going crazy in our town.

The evening passes ghastly and I’m thankful about it. We ate silently and like the same old days I clean the dishes while mom play’s same song each lonely night about a man in love with a woman and they can’t be with each other. She did her best to stop herself from crying but her melancholic heart wants it all out. I just contain my angry and disbelief on how stupid she is, why such song play if she cried for like millions times on the lyrics. Same song she plays in her room each night and I hate her for it. Locking myself in the room I imagined what if my mom and I lived in a very different world what if we are a black witches are we still going to live this way? I heard a knock on the door.

“Mom.”

“Mabby we need to talk.”

“Okay come in.” Sitting up, I face my mom standing by the corner of my bed with her sleeping dress hiding in the dark can’t hide her bloodshot eyes in my view.

“The test will start by the morning.” She said like it was the only way to calm me but I’m totally astound.

“Seriously!”

“Yes.” She move closer and sat beside me and now I saw her pain it makes me want to cry.

“Mabby, look at me when you are out there just stay calm I’ll make way to get you out. Mabby just please listen to me this time. I promise you will be in a better world after this.”

I cried and hug her close. She promised and the last time she promised me about having my own garden at the back of our house she never break her promise before and I feel her love when she promise me things. I look into her eyes in my dim lighted room. Better world, oh mom I wish the same way.

“Why Mom?” We both cried and hold each other like this is going to be the last time.

“You will understand it someday just promise me your going to wait for me out there.”

“I promise.” As I let go of those words I feel the ache deep within me. What if I never make it? But I need it for mom.

“Sleep now, dear.” She was about to let go of me I snuggled closer to her, I swallow a lamp in my throat and in a croaky voice I told.

“Mom, please stay with me.”

“I will. I miss you my Mabmab.” Oh mom, I long to hear my nickname.

“I miss you too Mommy.” We both lie with a hopeful heart.

Tomorrow is going to be the big day and I need to face it with bravery. Maybe something’s are meant to surprise you each morning but here’s what I could say ‘bring it on I’ll ride the waves wherever it takes me.’

Feeling my mom’s heartbeat seems to be one of the happiest things in my life, having the person beside you encounter the greatest miracle in life to have another life inside of her.

“I love you.”

“I love you too mom.”

Stay tune guys :) hope you like reading this. Vote up in the star and comment down below!!!! Have a great day everyone :) Stay and keep reading. Stay and Stay and stay :) Stay and keep reading Stay Hidden. XOXO 

uncovered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 89.3K 39
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

330K 8.4K 118
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
161K 965 31
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...
735K 2.7K 66
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!