⒈ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐘 → 𝐫𝐞...

By TaffyTides

BOOK 1. Francesca Sharpe doesn't like to be touched. Don't ever touch her, because you might just scar her wi... More

CAST
PREFACE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN

THIRTEEN

3.7K 183 37
By TaffyTides

⒈ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐘
↳ THIRTEEN; PARTIES
𝟷,𝟺𝟶𝟺 𝙳𝙰𝚈𝚂

✦✧✦✧

FRANCESCA SHARPE BIT DOWN ON HER LIP as she stared at her reflection. She felt out of place wearing such an elegant dress. It was a gold wrap dress that the neckline went further down than she ever anticipated.

It wasn't like she picked the dress. If it was up to her, she'd wear something much more comfier, but her mother, Eliza, had placed the dress on her bed, only allowing Fran to wear this and not something else.

For the first time ever, the Sharpe's had been invited to the annual Potter ball they held on Christmas Eve. It was always the gossip in Godric's Hollow between the wizards if they were invited or not.

Ever since the Sharpe's had befriended the Potter's, Eliza and Euphemia had become fast friends and were planning the ball together. Euphemia was relieved to have some of Eliza's insight.

She found her parents by the front door, each wearing similar attire. Instead of making the trek across the village, they all apparated to outside of Potter Manor. It wouldn't have taken long, but both of the women were wearing heels, and would have rathered they stay on for the whole night.

The front door was wide open, only guests who had been invited were able to walk through the wards. Something Euphemia had gone to Eliza for as she had quite the reputation for protective charms with the Aurors.

The music was just loud enough that all the guests could hear each other. House elves were dotted around the house holding trays of entree's and alcohol.

Francesca's head scanned the room looking for four familiar boys. But she came up empty handed. Even Rory hadn't arrived yet.

"Eliza, Finley, you made it." Euphemia praised, reaching the family and pulling the two parents in close to kiss them on each cheek in greeting. "Oh, Francesca, dear, you look wonderful."

"Thanks, Mrs Potter." Francesca smiled, her eyes still glancing around the room.

Euphemia didn't miss a thing. "They're in the study, dear, and it's Euphemia."

"Thanks!" She was already halfway across the parlour once she knew of their location.

All Francesca could think about was seeing Remus Lupin, her boyfriend. Since the term ended, she hadn't seen him for a week and was already missing him too much.

She wanted to wrap her arms around him, kiss him till she couldn't no more. She'd been deprived of touch for so long, now that she could, she never wanted to let go. Especially not let go of Remus.

Opening the door to the study, the four boys were distracted and didn't notice her entrance. She leant in the doorway, watching them, amusement dancing on her face.

She didn't even know what they were doing, but it was utterly hilarious. James was crouched on the floor holding some sort of tube up to Peter's mouth as he did a handstand on a barrel.

Remus and Sirius each held one of Peter's legs to make sure that he didn't fall. They were all cheering Pete on as he drank whatever was in the tube.

Remus' head suddenly turned when he caught the sound of his favourite laugh. His eyes snapped to Francesca to see a wide smile on her face as she laughed. His distraction caused him to let go of Peter's leg and for him to lose his balance and fall to the ground.

Remus couldn't stop staring at Francesca. She looked absolutely gorgeous, the dress she was wearing, showing off her figure perfectly. Merlin, had he missed her.

The rest of the Marauder's, after seeing if Peter was alright, walked over to Francesca, pulling her into the room and greeting her.

"As your boyfriend is in too much awe, i'll say it for him. You look amazing Francesca." Sirius smiled pulling her in for a quick hug.

But as he did, Remus let out a low growl.

Sirius back away from her, a small chuckle escaping from his lips.

The three of them walked back over to the barrel as Remus finally got out of his stupor and made his way over to his girlfriend.

"Hey, Rem." She said softly, eyeing him up.

He looked damn good in a suit. Something, she secretly wished he would wear more often if he could.

"There are no words to describe how beautiful you look. They wouldn't do you justice." Remus praised, his eyes looking her up and down as he got closer.

"When did you get so bold with your compliments?" Fran teased, stepping closer to Remus.

"Just now." Remus grinned, his hand holding onto her neck to pull her in close so that he could press his lips against hers.

It wasn't long, but it was just what they needed, especially since they had other people in the room, trying to be discreet at the fact that they were watching every single thing the couple did.

✦✧✦✧

Francesca had her arms wrapped around Remus' neck as the pair of them danced together in the parlour. They weren't the only ones on the floor. Most of the couples had taken to dancing as well.

She could distinctly sense her parents eyes on her. They didn't exactly know she had a boyfriend and they certainly didn't know that she was now comfortable with touching people.

But they were happy for her. She was finally taking control of her life.

James and Peter were stood in the corner, eating as many mince pies as they could. They were the only two in the group without someone to dance with.

Francesca had asked James were his 'Lily flower' was early on in the night to find out that she had other commitments with family. James had also said it was her loss as she wouldn't get to see him look so dashing in his suit.

Surprisingly, but also not that surprising, Sirius was dancing with Aurora.

As soon as she had walked into Potter Manor, she had Sirius following her around like the lap dog he was.  She had entered with style, being the only female who wore a pant suit. What made it even better was that she was wearing red, Gryffindor colours.

Sirius was practically salivating at the sight and was pulling out all his best flirting techniques.

Aurora had shut most of it down. To say she wasn't tempted, would be a lie. Sirius Black was definitely easy on the eyes.

So, she had cracked and said yes to a dance. A dance where his hand kept slipping lower and lower on her back. She was secretly enjoying it though.

"Have you guys seen, Rory?" Sirius' voice interrupted Fran and Remus' dance.

"No, why, what happened?" Fran frowned, her eyes worriedly meeting Remus' for a second.

"She..." Sirius thought for a moment on how to word it. "She sort of squeaked and then just legged it."

"Was it a..." Francesca made a high pitched squeaking sound, "Or a..." Then she made a lower squeak.

"The first one." Sirius confirmed.

"Ah." Fran gave a nod of knowing. She looked around the parlour, looking for the culprit that made Aurora squeak. There was only one person who could do that.

She easily found the blonde who was next to the bar, in a long black dress. She was completely composed as she sipped the wine in her glass.

"So if there's Marlene, Rory will be..." Francesca mumbled, her eyes drifting to the left of Marlene. "There we go, behind that pillar." She pointed her finger, where they could see Rory peeking out every so often.

"Marlene. Why would McKinnon be of importance?" Sirius asked.

"Because Rory has had the biggest crush on Marlene ever since third year."

"WHAT?" Sirius spluttered, not expecting that answer.

"It's quite obvious really. She always makes that squeak whenever she see's Marlene. Has to hide right away, she's always been too scared to tell her. It's kind of cute."

Remus caught on to the look of forlorn on Sirius' face. "Pads..."

"You really like her don't you?" Fran's brows furrowed catching on.

Sirius didn't answer, choosing to watch Rory.

Francesca nudged Sirius with her elbow. "Don't give up yet, she's into guys as well as girls."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 3.3K 37
❝EVERYBODY WONDERS WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO LOVE YOU, WALK PAST, QUICK BRUSH❞ Birdie Potter wanted a peaceful year at Hogwarts after the chaotic prev...
28.2K 386 24
(Temporarily Discontinued) Hermione Granger had enough. When she dies saving the wizarding world in The Battle Of Hogwarts, she wants a second chance...
14.6K 422 82
In the halls of Hogwarts, where magic weaves its intricate tapestry of destiny, James Potter, renowned for his mischievous grin and untamed spirit, f...
1.7M 65.6K 64
When the Marauders fight, fangirls cry and teachers take a breath of fresh air. "You don't mind, me sitting here, do you?" I looked up and found my...