Hurt,Betrayal And Sacrifice

By mishi144

"I'm not your personal doctor. And why the hell you want me to bandage your forhead when you have long list o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Author's note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Author's Note
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 17

4.3K 168 12
By mishi144

Hashir's P.O.V

"I want you all to know that no mistakes are allowed in the medical camps. You all have to give your hundred percent to it. Also it's like a charity for those people who can't afford expensive medical treatment at hospitals. So you're also doing it not only for the welfare of this hospital but also for the welfare of humanity. As a doctor it should be our aim to serve our people instead of making money.
I hope all of you understand my thoughts clearly. Now we can discuss our plan thoroughly. Dr. Abis you can start."

I said putting the files in my hand on the table looking at Dr. Abis who was sitting opposite to me at the far end of the meeting room. He nodded at me and started explaining.

"Every year our hospital arrange a medical camp to some random city. It's a one week trip. It has two benefits. One as Dr. Hashir explained is to help those who are in need of medical attention but can't afford it's expenses.
Second reason is to check how our doctors deal with the patients when they're short of medical supplies. So it's a kind of test to check your dilligence and ability in dealing with emergency situations."

Dr. Abis explained and took a glass of water to drink while Dr. Amna sitting beside him continued.

"You guys must be wondering why are you selected for performing duty at the medical camp. The reason is your academic and work performance at the hospital.
Every year we monitor our first and second year interns and trainees carefully and from those total two hundred doctors only fifty are selected for this job. So congratulation on your selection. It's a kind of honour for you."

Dr. Amna said with a smile while all the doctors present there returned her gesture gleefully while I cleared my throat to speak.

"You guys are divided into two teams. One is girls while other is boys. All the girls will respond to Dr. Amna who will guide you throughout the camp and will give you all the instructions about your stay,work details, everything. While boys will be guided by Dr. Abis.
If anyone of you has any doubt you can ask Dr. Abis or Dr. Amna who will be the incharge of this whole medical trip. They'll definitely guide you. I will also be there with you as the CEO of this hospital so you can also seek my help. We'll leave after two days. You will get the schedule after the meeting. Now you all are given a leave of tomorrow to prepare for the trip. You can leave."

I finished the meeting and all the doctors left the meeting room immediately except for Dua who kept looking at me for a moment like she wanted to say something but then left after a minute without saying anything.

Every year my hospital establish a free medical camp in some city to help those who are in need of medical attention but can't afford it. Altough I have always tried to help poor patients but this camp was the best opportunity for those who can't afford to travel.

While I was pondering over it my mind roamed toward Dua and her friends. Selection of trainees wasn't done by me. It was always decided by heads of all departments in the meeting. I just sign their decision. When I read the list of selected doctors I was definitely shocked.

I always knew Dua and her friends were hardworking. But to my utter disbelief all of her group got selected for the medical camp. They sure were really devoted to hospital.

Asfi and Sara left in the morning after that night. It made me upset but I couldn't do anything about it. It wasn't in my control. So the best possible solution for us was to stay away from eachother. But it's also going to be difficult since asfi is trying to make a new hospital in my city and we will be collaborating our hospitals. It will be a big project but because of this project we must have to meet more often.

I shook my head to clear away these thoughts from my mind as I was already getting a severe headache because of it.

........................

Finally, the day of the trip arrived. We
were total sixty doctors including me. Fifty doctors among them were trainees while other nine were all senior doctors to supervise them.

We had hired a bus for the trip while I was going through my own car. Dr. Amna and Dr. Abis were also going through their own car as they were the residents of the village we were setting camps in and wanted to stay there for some days after the camp ended. So we had two cars and a bus in total for traveling.

After all the arrangements were done we started off on our journey. It was a pleasant ride of about eight hours. We reached the destination at about 10pm. I was so tired of driving for constant eight hours. While same goes for my team who were also tired of the long travelling. We reached our hotel we have already booked to stay in and hit the bed to release our exhaustion so we would be fresh next day.

Next seven days passed in a blur. It was a pleasant experience. In these seven days I hardly saw Dua and her friends and it was understandable. Medical camps were so crowded with the patients that any doctor was hardly getting any time to pass or even talk to someone.

Finally it was time to go back. All the doctors have already left in the bus while I was signing some last minute papers when I heard a giggle from behind. I immediately turned my head towards the source of the voice while my eyes just got stuck on her who was giggling at a kid.

She was wearing a red knee length frock with golden tights while a matching net dupatta covering her head. Her dark brown locks were falling on her forehead while a natural blush was adorning her fluffy cheeks. She was laughing freely with her blue eyes sparkling and lips stretched into a wide smile. I was continuously gazing at her when a sudden clear of throat brought me out of my lala land and I averted my eyes instantly.

The hotel manager looked at me weirdly while gesturing me to sign the papers which I did hurriedly and he left much to my relief while my brain suddenly remembered something.

What was she doing here till now? She was to go back with the whole team in bus hours ago. Was she left behind? But how was that possible? Our team wasn't that careless to leave someone behind.

I went to her who was still busy smiling with that kid. She stopped smiling when she saw me approaching but still mirth didn't left her eyes. The kid ran away after whispering something into her ear while she looked at me blushing shyly. While I was amused at her antics. What happened to her all of a sudden?

Before I could enquire something Dr. Abis and Dr. Amna entered the lounge where we were standing. I straighten up and look at them questioningly.

"Why is Dr. Dua still here?"
I asked them sternly as to why she was left behind.

"A patient came at the last moment and she immediately needed medical attention. Everyone was already settled in the bus except Dr. Dua who volunteered to help me. As the patient was female Dr. Abis couldn't help so I accepted her offer. Her friends also wanted to stay but it wasn't proper to let them all stay. So only she stayed and helped me saving her life."

Dr. Amna explained the situation while I let myself cool down as it wasn't anyone's negligence that she was left behind rather it was kind of her to stay and help saving someone's life.

"How will she return now?"
I asked calmly as it was a matter of great importance. Not only because she was a trainee in my hospital but also because she was my wife. And whatever happens I won't allow her to risk her safety going back alone. Since she wasn't aware of this hilly area where we went for our camp. It's quite dangerous going somewhere alone when you don't even know the route or any familiar area no matter if you're a boy or girl. I wasn't going to let her take that risk.

"Rest assured Dr. Hashir she will go with us in our car."
Dr. Abis replied while I frowned at him.

"Didn't you and Dr. Amna wanted to stay for a few days here after the camp?"
I asked as they already have asked me for some holidays before coming here which I granted.

"Yeah we wanted too. But Dr. Dua can't return alone. Also on my request she stayed so it's also on me to make her return her home safe and sound. Since it's important so we are also going back we can come sometime again."
Dr. Amna replied softly while I smiled at her words. She was surely a good doctor and a good human being. No wonder I trusted the couple blindly.

"No need. I understand your point but it had been a successful camp and you two worked very hard to achieve this success so you also need appreciation and much needed rest. So enjoy your next whole week vacation here. I'll take Dr. Dua with me and return her home safe and sound. Is that alright?"

I asked and all the heads snapped towards me. Dr. Amna and Dr. Abis had their mouth opened in shock as they already know I never let any girl enter into my personal space where I just offered a ride to a girl with me. Well it wasn't same but still.
While Dua looked at me with aww and admiration in her eyes which I found quite amusing.

"But we........"
Before Dr. Amna could say anything further Dua cut her off in middle.

"Dr. Hashir is right. I'll return with him. You guys enjoy your vacation."
She said softly to while both Dr. Amna and Dr. Abis nodded reluctantly and left after finalizing all the work.

"Where's your bag?"
I asked Dua when she approached me after done with all the work.

"It's gone with my friends. I only have my handbag now."
She replied looking at the ground as it was the most important thing in the world to see.

"Ok. So shall we?"
I asked to which she nodded positively.
I opened the front door of my car for her to sit and she sat on the seat comfortably.

I started the engine and we left from there to our city. The car ride was awkward yet it wasn't uncomfortable. None of us was saying anything as we didn't had anything to say.

It was almost four hours since our journey started. And it was night time. We had to reach our city at almost midnight. I wanted to take some break and had dinner since I was starving and my muscles were almost sore because of constant driving. But we were in middle of nowhere.

The weather started getting stormy and it had started raining after some time which wasn't a good sign considering I wasn't expert on driving in hilly areas that too at night time and cherry on the top was this bad weather. I was seriously worried since Dua was also with me and I couldn't stop the car at anywhere and risk her safety.

Dua must have noticed my distress since she cleared her throat.
"Is everything alright?"
She asked in small voice and I snapped my head towards her who was looking at me in concern.

"Do you want me to tell you the truth?"
I asked looking forward and she nodded hesitantly.

"The weather is going bad and it's almost impossible for me to drive in this hilly area in this weather. And I'm afraid we have already lost our way."
I sighed heavily and she looked towards me in shock.

"Why didn't you tried google map?"
She asked and turn on her phone but got her answer the next second.
"There's no signals."
She spoke after checking her phone and I nodded at her.
"What are we going to do next?"
She asked when I stopped my car after an hour of more drive.

"I don't know. The petrol level is low. We can't go on like this. We must find some place to stay since the weather is also very bad. It's dangerous to drive anymore since the road has become very slippery and I'm afraid there must be landsliding because of heavey rain."
I informed her sighing dejectedly who looked at me in horror.

"Ok. Drive slow and carefully. I'm sure we'll find some place to stay nearby."
Dua replied slowly and I don't know who she was trying to console more me or herself but nevertheless I followed her instruction.

After an hour drive I saw some lights. I was feeling so ecstatic that I wanted to jump in joy. Dua was no less than me she squealed loudly almost scaring me and I chuckled at her antics who ducked down her head embarrassed.
It was a hotel and I sighed in relief. We surely can stay here for a night and can have our dinner. Maybe we'll get some petrol for our car too.

I stopped my car at the entrance and we both entered the hotel. It was a small hotel yet seem cosy. I was in doubt if they even have room service or not. Nevertheless it was still a better option than dying in the hills alone.
.....................

Hey Lovelies!

Vote, comment and share your thoughts with me. If you guys feel like I should improve something in my writing style. Please give your suggestions to me. It'll be highly appreciated.
This story is a bit complicated and it must confuse you because the present and past is going on at the same time. So if you have any questions. You can ask and I'll be more than willing to answer your doubts. Nevertheless you'll get all your answers till the end of this story.

Peace and love!
Mishi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 557 8
A short story. Two People. Ex-bestfriends. One is a doctor, Another is the hospital MD. She can't wait to shoot him with words, he can't stop her...
132K 5.1K 27
Being a Muslim girl and in a conservative family with three protective brothers to care for you for your entire life....It makes you spoiled, protect...
151K 6.7K 41
"So you approached me without being aware of my identity?" He asks me, while raising an eyebrow. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. It...
83.1K 7.4K 52
#1 in the desi medical romance series Her lips were inches from mine and her sweet scent filled the air between us, intoxicating me. I slid my hand d...