Tattoos โžณ ๐“œ๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“พ๏ฟฝ...

Par Miraculously_bored

[DISCLAIMER: Hints of mental illness.] In which the tattoo that appears on your wrist on your 16th birthday i... Plus

Sweet Sixteen
The tattoo
It's not her
A dark silhouette
Lost kitty
Rooftops and reignition
Partners?
Chemistry
Wounded stray
It's you
Keep it hidden
Cunning little fox
Oasis of books
A starry night
Field-trip
Sorrow
Expedition for bathers
21 hours of hell
Arrival
Bondi-Bug
Flyday Chinatown
Epiphany at the ball
Epiphany at the ball II
Race against time
Son petit minou
False calm before a storm
Another broken promise
Inkpocalypse
Wash away the ink
Schemer
Hallway of uncertainty
Sorrowful search
It's me, Marinette

Aftermath

4.4K 176 133
Par Miraculously_bored

I smacked my head hard against the table. It had been a few days since the incident at school, some students clearly still traumatised and in need of recovery. Granted, the Principal did give us a two day break, but before we knew it we were back where it all started. 

I was nodding off to sleep trying to distract myself from the pain in my chest. After defeating the villain and resolving everything with my powers, there was still some slight, unexplainable pain in places I had been hurt. After observing Adrien quietly for the majority of the day, I realised he was still a little injured also. Just as I was finally falling asleep, certain voices raised overtop of the teacher's monotonic lecturing. 

A wincing Adrien let out a small murmur as his textbooks flew to the floor. The sudden noise snapped me out of my haze and I began to take in and evaluate the situation. 

"Goodness, Adrien. Are you alright?" A sly voice echoed from the back in the now quiet classroom. Once again, I felt so drawn to smash my head against the desk. Perhaps hitting it hard enough would allow me to pass out, and avoid this upcoming scene completely. 

"I'm okay, Lila," Adrien said turning to the back of the room. He then looked back to the teacher apologetically. "Sorry, please continue," he started moving to pick up his book. Lila however, was already a step ahead of him.

"Don't be silly, I'll get that for you," she said appearing from no where, crouching beside his desk to pick up the book. The boy with blonde hair stared at her for a moment before thanking her rather questionably. "Your arm hurts, right? I couldn't help but notice. Must be pushing yourself  in your fencing lessons," she smiled, tilting her head. Then, she reached out for his arm. Adrien pulled back defensively and grasped it with his other hand. He didn't say much. Just simply nodded and waited for her to excuse herself. What was she doing staring at his arm all day? I menaced. 

"I'm sure Mr. Agreste could have picked it up himself, Miss Rossi. Now back to your seat," the teacher said unamused while she rubbed the board clean. 

"My apologies ma'am. See, my birthday is just a few days away and, well, I've been so excited to see my tattoo. The situation had just really inspired me to do more good in the world," Lila said clasping her hands together over her chest, glancing between Adrien and the teacher. 

"Yes, yes. I'm sure it has, Lila. Now, please sit. I'm teaching," the teacher dismissed rather bluntly causing me to smile. 

But wait, I thought her birthday was during the summer, I questioned to myself as I shot fiery glares at her while she walked by. The sinister smirk that was plastered on her face as she retreated from Adrien's desk made my stomach drop. I glanced at all my other classmates, none of them seeming to take notice to her announcement. I must be over thinking things then. I'm sleepy after all, I considered rubbing my head. I folded my arms atop my stacked books and rested my head on them, awaiting the inevitability of tonight's night patrol. 

As I dangled my feet over the edge of the building, I counted the humming vehicles as they drove by to pass the time. He's late again, I pondered with a roll of my eyes. Though, things have been quite different between us lately. Something new and unknown. I bring myself to my feet and pace up and down the roof of the building in thought. Lost in my spiralling thoughts, I wasn't able to take notice of a certain black cat approaching me until he creeped up from behind and gave me a minor heart attack. 

Leaning in close, he softly whispered, "Miss me, Bugaboo?"

I jumped a little, but hopefully not enough for him to notice. I shake it off and turn to him. "And the nicknames are back again, are they?" 

"You bet," he said with a satisfied expression. "What did I miss?"

"Well you're 30 minutes late," I lectured and showed him the time. "Do you have other priorities over the role of Paris' protector?" 

"You know I don't, M'lday. Just had, uhm, something I couldn't get out of," he told, fumbling over his words.

"How interesting. The kitty has a part time job?" I pried, circling around him in amusement. Knowing Adrien, he probably had a photoshoot to attend to later after school, I consider. "What would a cocky, smug and open guy like yourself do?" I teased outload, glancing into his eyes for some type of reaction to brighten up my night. "Perhaps, hm. You would make for a suitable model," I say once more, eager for his reaction. And my eagerness was far more than satisfied.

"What! A model? No no, now you're over estimating me, Ladybug. A job? I don't have a part time job," he spat out rather quickly, rambling on and on. "I- I couldn't with school as well, see I'm pretty busy as it is and I think being a model is kinda muc-" 

"It's okay, kitty. I was only joking," I sighed contently in satisfaction as I walked by him, nudging him in the shoulder.

"So now you think I'm not a worthy model, huh?" He complained humorously, sprinting up to me running his hands through his messy hair.  

"I never said that," I smiled slightly, paying him a small glance.

"Oh."

I continued walking, feeling the heat practically radiating off the boy behind me. He really gets embarrassed easily. Cute. 

"So, no job then?"

"Hate to break it to ya, this is the only job I have," He laughed, spinning his baton between his hands and striking a dramatic pose, clearly recovered. "And I don't even get paid," he finished. I highly doubt he would need the money, I sigh. 

The two of us scale the Eiffel tower which was beautifully illuminated on this dark and starry night. I take a seat, Chat joining me at my side. We simply enjoy the moment of silence, admiring the glowing buildings and tiny cars that crawled on the roads in the distance. 

"Are we on lookout for something?" Chat questioned from beside me, tilting his head a little.

"There doesn't seem to be any trouble in Paris tonight. I just came here to take a breather tonight," I told him honestly with a shrug.

"That's not very ladybug of you," he giggled. I simply laid down from where I sat and looked up into the endless sky. He mirrored my movements and then turned on his side to face me. "Everything okay?" he said again to break the silence. I should be the one asking you that, I sulked. My mind trailed back to a few days ago, back to when we were fighting the ink-like demons and confronting the troubled, akumatised victim. 

"That girl. She got her tattoo, and she was disappointed," I uttered to myself, loud enough that he was able to hear. 

"Yeah," he replied, turning back to look at the sky. It was silent again, but only for a moment. 

"Do you find it unfair?" I told him, sitting upright. I slowly edged closer towards him. 

"It is. It is unfair," he expressed in conformation. "I guess life is no fairy tale. It's impossible for your tattoo to match the one you loved," he let out a sigh and gazed off into the distance. 

"You're right," I say emptily, not able to find any other words.

"Even so, I just thought that-" he said, his voice wavering a little midway. I reached out, but he continued. "I thought it would be different. And now. Now everything's mixed up. Why is it so messed up," he pulled his hands over his ears and tucked his knees to his chest. I shuffle towards him and take his hand in my own, grasping it tightly. 

"Hey, hey. Look at me," I soothed, my heart aching for the poor boy in front of me. I brushed my fingers lightly over his own, waiting for him to lift his head. "It's okay, Chat. I know that there's this heavy feeling constantly weighing you down, but I promise you-" I continued as he looked up at me with a sparkle of hope glistening in his eyes. "I promise you, it will get better." 

In need of comfort, he stares at me for a moment and then closes the gap between us with a hug. "You know," he lets out a light but pained chuckle, "I thought things were finally starting to clear up. But, just recently, I've realised that there's someone..." he hesitated, searching desperately for the right words while clutching me tightly. 

"Someone?" I continued, allowing him to gather his thoughts and answer his own questions. 

"Someone, the friend I mentioned before," he paused again to collect himself. "I've realised that they're more than a friend," he finally let out, almost relieved. I could practically feel a ton of bricks being lifted from the heavy burdened boy's shoulders. I rubbed a circular pattern on his back to sooth him and held him close before pulling away. "Not that it matters anyway. But, she's not just a friend," he muttered to himself in a daze. 

He was looking at the floor in disbelief, as though in shock with what he had said out loud. He seemed relieved to express his once trapped thoughts, but looking into those nervous eyes, I saw sadness swimming in the depths of them. Though he now portrayed himself as fine on the exterior, his situation had not changed. His eyes were pools of suffering, as once again, he had fallen for someone who wouldn't be his soulmate. Little did he know he was not the only one feeling crushed that night. I fly forward and pull him into another tight hug. My chest ached, and I felt my throat closing up, making it difficult to speak.

"I think I understand how you feel. I'm in a similar situation," I blurted out, biting my lip holding back a waterfall of tears. This irony. So he really does like someone, huh? Doesn't matter anyway. We have our tattoos already. He's not my soulmate. I hold him a little longer, the selfish part of me never wanting to let go. I waited for the pained expression on my face to lift before pushing him back by the shoulders. 

"We'll be okay, Chat," I said hopefully, staring deeply into his eyes. For a moment we just sat there, on top of the glorious Eiffel tower, gazing into each others eyes in the comfort of one another. "You'll be okay," I press on. He gives me a soft smile and held my hands delicately. 

"I know, you're right," he let out a shaky sigh. "Sometimes things just don't work out the way we want it to."

"You're right. But give it time. Time heals all," I tell him. He rubs his wrist and looks up at me gratefully. 

"Thanks, Ladybug. I've realised, you're like my therapist," he let out a chuckled and pulled me to my feet. "Thanks therapy-bug," he said again with a final hug. He placed a peck on my cheek, a friendly gesture and a bid farewell. 

"Let's call it a night, shall we?" he said, clearly exhausted and ready to head home.  

"Alright," I replied softly. "See you tomorrow," I mumbled thoughtlessly. 

"Tomorrow?" 

"I mean- on our next patrol. You know what I meant! Goodnight," I blurted out. That was idiotic of me. Let's not expose myself tonight, I thought with a shake of my head. 

The boy simply let it slip, considering I was as tired as he was. "Ok, Ladybug. Goodnight," he laughed softly before making his way down the tower. I watched the boy descend, my eyes not leaving his figure as he moved swiftly and elegantly.  

"Everything will be alright, Adrien." 

A/N: Uh, sorry. That took a while to update as well...<3

Art by LADIES & CHATS on tumblr. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

244K 7.8K 21
Marinette and Adrien share dreams. But they can't say each other's name or see each other's faces. None-the-less, the two grow up together, not knowi...
32.9K 879 22
This is a soulmate AU where you have to find your soulmate before you turn eighteen. If you fail to do so, well you die. Marinette Du-pain Cheng is n...
2.5M 81.6K 17
{THE STORY GOES FROM 1 TO 10 IN FIVE SECONDS. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YA} "Hey Marinette? Who's your soulmate?" "Chat Noir." A world where, you get a...
15.9K 570 26
After Adrien discovers his father is Hawkmoth, the two of them get into a fight and Adrien runs away from home. That same night, Marinette makes a wi...