A CONNECTION

由 VelvitaRose

This is a love/action/Fanfiction of the tv show tangled the series AKA Tangled adventures. It's of Varian and... 更多

Prologue - The before
Chapter 1 - A nice WARM welcome
Chapter 2 - A Silent cry for help
Chapter 3 - A long lost friend
Chapter 4 - You are amazing the way you are
Chapter 5 - Don't poke the bear
Chapter 6 - That awkward moment when you find out feelings exist.
Chapter 7 - There is always more to learn
Chapter 8 - The past that haunts us
Chapter 9 - A sweet surprise
Chapter 10 - A heroic romance
Chapter 11 - Love is in the air
Chapter 12 - Revisiting the past
Chapter 13 - Getting used to Corona
Chapter 15 - A romantic exhausting day
Chapter 16 - A Haunting Gang
Chapter 17 - A chained battle
Chapter 18 - Now there's nothing left to lose
Chapter 19 - A final fight
Chapter 20 - The last chance to do what's right
Chapter 21 - A Goodbye (the final chapter)

Chapter 14 - A start to an exhausting day

269 15 74
由 VelvitaRose

Varian and Cassandra were both asleep soundly. That's when they heard an airhorn in their bedroom. Varian startled by this fell out of the bed, Cassandra's quick reflexes stopped herself before she fell off the bed onto Varian. (I shouldn't have to say this but because of the handcuffs)

Varian bumped his head on the floor, which woke him up. "Ow!!!" Cassandra looked over with a glare to see Rapunzel.

When she saw her friend she took a deep breath and cooled herself down. While Cassandra slowly got out of the bed with her arm as close to the floor. She looked at her friend who was very hyper. Cassandra looked out the window and looked back at Rapunzel. "It's five am. Why are you even awake?!" Cassandra said as she bent down to help Varian up.

"Well, I have a whole day of activities planned for you and me Cass," Rapunzel said very excitedly, it was like she had over twelve cups of coffee.

"Sleep..." Varian mumbled being very tired and rubbing his eyes.

Cassandra took Varian's hand to help him stand up. "Rapunzel, I appreciate this really, I do, but Varian-"

Rapunzel interrupted her friend. "Don't worry he can stay." Cassandra and Varian both looked at each other. Cassandra held up the handcuffs reminding Rapunzel. "Oh, right." Rapunzel was not thinking clearly, probably because she was awake most of the night trying to plan a whole day worth of things to do.

Varian stretched his back as he stood up. "Alright, what are we doing first," Varian asked. Cassandra's eyes widened in shock that Varian was up for going.

"Varian? What about your alchemy?!" Cassandra said trying to find an excuse not to go.

"I can take it with me. Besides, Rapunzel spent a while working on the schedule. The least we can do is do some of it." Varian said putting his hand on Cassandra's shoulder. She gave him a smile.

Cassandra sighed then she looked at Rapunzel, "We're in."

"GREAT!!! Follow me to-" Rapunzel said when Varian cut her off.

"Actually I need to bring a couple of things, can we have a bit of time. What if we meet in the throne room?" Varian asked. Rapunzel thought about it for a second, then she gave him a bright smile and nodded. Rapunzel left Varian's little home.

Varian walked over to his desk with Cassandra staying close because of the handcuffs. Cassandra and Varian stood there grabbing a few things to take with them.

Varian had a giant backpack and filled it with a bunch of alchemy stuff and he attached the scroll to his belt. Varian's backpack was full.

Cassandra gave him a smile. "What's all that for?"

"Well, I finished deciphering the scroll last night and-"

"WHAT!!!! VARIAN THAT'S AMAZING!!!!" Cassandra said cutting him off then giving him a quick hug. "I knew you could do it."

Varian looked at Cassandra's smile, it warmed his heart. "So, what I'm doing is grabbing everything to make the chemical compound with," Varian said as he hid his frown from Cassandra.

"WAIT!!! WE'RE GOING TO BE FREE!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!" Cassandra gave Varian a giant hug and while she hugged him with nothing but passion and love she whispered to him. "Thank you."

"Yeah, well it's no big deal," Varian said blushing as he tried to hold back his adorable smile. Cassandra broke the hug, as she looked at him again.

Slowly her smile became even bigger. She gave him one last but short-lived hug. She stepped away, with a smile on her face. She brushed her hair behind her ear. "We should probably get going," Cassandra said with a small smile.

Varian smiled back at her, as he put on his backpack.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

After about ten minutes of Cassandra and Varian brushing each other's hair, and just getting ready for the day. When they walked into the thrown room they saw Rapunzel standing in there with a giant breakfast.

Varian excitedly ran over, dragging Cassandra with him. "Oh my god!!! Food!!!" Varian yelled excitedly trying to pick what to eat. Varian picked up a plate and went all for it. Grabbing pancakes, waffles, pie, you name it, and put it on his plate

Cassandra was also amazed by all the food. "Did you do this?" Cassandra asked Rapunzel.

"Yeah, I thought what better way to start the day than some breakfast," Rapunzel said walking up.

Varian with a bit of food in his mouth agreed. "Here, here. Oh my god, this is delicious! Can we have this every day?!"

Cassandra looked at Varian, she loved how excited he got over a nice breakfast. Cassandra grabbed a plate and grabbed a pancake or two, along with a bit of fruit.

Rapunzel walked up with a bright smile happy to see her friends excited. "Enjoy this, this isn't even the start of it," Rapunzel said with a smile.

At 5:30 am they finished breakfast. Following Rapunzel's schedule, they went to the archery range around 5:35 am. Rapunzel and Cassandra both went over to separate areas, so Cassandra and Rapunzel could see one another but not very clearly.

Cassandra and Varian walked into the area with these painted targets on the trees. Cassandra was excited. Cass walked up and picked up a bow, and she looked at Varian who was looking at the scroll. Cassandra took the scroll out of his hands. "Why don't you take a small break?" Cassandra asked with loving eyes.

Varian gave her a smile as he took the scroll back and put it on his belt. Cassandra handed him the bow and arrow. Varian looked at it for a second with a bit of a confused look. "What's wrong? Just shoot." Cassandra told him.

"Well, I never really learned archery," Varian said looking a little embarrassed.

Cassandra smile, as she put her hands on Varian's and held up the bow with his hands in hers. She put his hands in the correct position, to fire the arrow. She slowly stepped to the side still being attached to one of his hands. "Fire."

Varian let go of the arrow, but he missed the target. Varian looked down a bit upset.

Cassandra gave him a smirk. "You know you're supposed to aim at the target," Cassandra said in a teasing tone.

"Hey!" Varian said, acting offended but in a playful way. Varian tried holding up the bow the way he had it last time. Cassandra laughed noticing he was holding it all wrong. "What?" Varian said with a smile.

"Here." Cassandra walked up, she took his hands as she was behind him she got his hands in the right position. Cassandra couldn't see much because Varian was bigger than her, but she relied on instinct, and apparently, that instinct told her Varian smelled good.

It also told her to stop and pay attention. Cassandra closed her eyes, and while still holding Varian's hands, she pulled Varian's hand back that was holding the string on the bow and fired.

She opened her eyes to hear Varian a little excited. She looked over and she had hit the ring at the edge of the target.

After about another twenty minutes of being there, Varian had learned some of Cassandra's tricks. He had hit one or two bullseyes but he was now learning how to shoot three arrows at once, he still hadn't hit a bullseye on that.

Cassandra was standing next to him firing her own bow and arrow but kept having a bit of trouble because she was attached to Varian still.

Cassandra set down her bow thinking she could help Varian, when she looked over, he shot four arrows at once and each one hit a bullseye.

Varian pushed his arm up and back down in a victory punch towards the sky. "YES!!!!"

Cassandra was blown away by how fast he had learned. "Nice job!" Cassandra said giving him a pat on the back.

"Well, I learned from the best." Varian and Cassandra smiled at each other.

After another twenty minutes or so, Cassandra started getting a bit bored of the archery. Varian saw Cass getting a little tired of it, so both of them went and sat on a log that was in their area.

After a little bit of them sitting there silently, Varian spoke up. "Can I repay the favor?" Varian said standing up and holding his hand out to help Cassandra up.

Cassandra smiled as she took his hand. Varian walked her back over to the targets. "Watch this." Varian pulled out a small alchemy ball from his pocket. Varian threw the ball at the target and it stuck there in the middle of it.

"Bullseye!!!" He shouted excitedly as Cass was impressed he could throw that far. "You try."

Varian handed her one of the alchemy balls from his pocket. Cassandra took it, she thought it would be easy so she used her force to throw it but it wasn't enough and it stopped before it even reached the target. "What?!" Cass shouted out of confusion and a bit of frustration.

"Pfft." Varian let out a funny-sounding laugh.

"What!?" Cassandra asked playfully.

"You have to throw it a specific way." Varian pulled another one out of his pocket and put it in Cassandra's hand. Varian grabbed the edges of Cassandra's hands and started to hold them in his. "If you look closely, there is a liquid inside." Cassandra looked closely to see some kind of chemical inside that would swish and splash if you moved it. "So you have to throw it with a bit more strength, and if you can throw it with more of your whole arm." Varian held Cassandra's hand and demonstrated the movements without actually throwing it.

"You got it?" Varian said looking at Cass. Cassandra gave him a smile, as he backed away the best he could because of the handcuffs. Cassandra threw it and immediately got a bullseye.

"I did it!" She said excitedly.

"Ha!! You did it!!" Varian shouted also a bit excitedly.

Cassandra paused and gave Varian a smirk. "You want to try something a little crazy?"

"Oh, I'm ready as I'll ever be." Varian and Cassandra both held up their weapons and Cassandra threw three alchemy balls and Varian shot three arrows.

When all of them collided on the three targets, a giant explosion happened.

At first, Cassandra and Varian were looking at it with wide eyes. Then Varian started laughing. "Ha! I didn't know this chemical wasn't meant to be touched at that speed. "Well I guess we learn new things every day huh," Varian said with a bit of a laugh.

Cassandra smiled at Varian. "It didn't hurt you right?" Cassandra asked looking a bit worried.

"Nope, I'm fine," Varian said, brushing off some of the ash.

"Good." She said with a smirk as she kicked his legs on him knocking him to the ground. She managed to stay standing up.

"Oh, it's on!" Varian said playfully as he tugged on the chain holding them together. Cassandra lost balance and fell on top of him.

With her hair in Varian's face she leaned up as both of them started laughing.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?!!?" Cassandra and Varian both startled looked over to see Rapunzel standing there.

"Oh, hey Princess," Varian said while smiling and waving at Rapunzel while having Cassandra still on top of him.

Cassandra became immediately flustered. "This isn't what it looks like." Cassandra stood up and pulled Varian up next to her.

"Ok? Then what was it?" Rapunzel asked looking at them.

"Nothing ok, we were just messing around... That doesn't sound right. Look it really means nothing, we were just ruff housing." Cassandra said trying to explain.

"What are you doing in here exactly?" Varian asked while wiping some of the dirt off him. 

"Oh, yeah. I know I said we could have our space for this activity but I heard an explosion and thought maybe I should check that out." Rapunzel said answering Varian's question.

"Yeah, who knew throwing an alchemy ball that was most likely explosive and firing arrows at it was a bad idea," Varian said calmly while making Rapunzel freak out.

"What!" Rapunzel screamed!

Cassandra put her hand on Rapunzel's shoulder ina supportive way. "It's ok, no one was hurt, and everything's fine. Why don't wejust move to your next activity."

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

6K 244 13
[A rewrite of my very first Cassandra/Varian fanfiction, "Every Step of the Way." Read foreword for more details.] ----- Things have changed. Rapunze...
15.3K 196 22
A story between two friends as they face difficulties and hardships, but also love. *I know that sounds cheesy but I got nothing* Please tell me if t...
174K 5K 111
We all know what happened to Varian in the first season of "Tangled: The Series." He became the villain, was defeated by Rapunzel, and thrown into pr...
27.9K 767 19
Cass had been looking for her destiny outside of Corona for several months when she gets an invitation to Rapunzel and Eugene's wedding and decides t...