Welcome Home - Kagehina

Bởi BerryBlossom532

The school decides to open up dorms close by. Kageyama and Hinata get a surprise when they realise who their... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 5

15 1 0
Bởi BerryBlossom532

2,174 words

Kageyama’s pov

That night was a weird one. I heard Hinata scream in the dead of night and was so worried. He was crying and on the verge of having a panic attack. I had no idea what to do but apparently I did the right thing making him breath with me. It calmed him down.

Now here I am holding him in his bed. Hugging him. Why did I do this? Is this what friends do to comfort each other? I’m not sure because I’ve never really had a proper friend before Hinata. I look down at his face not trying to sleep.

He looks peaceful. Hopefully that means that he’s not having a nightmare. It is dark but my eyes have adjusted to the lighting. I can see his messy curly orange hair. Every part of his face. But this feeling is weird to me. Why am I doing this?? I should have just gone back to my bed.

But he said ‘Don’t leave me again.’ When did I leave him? Was it in his dream? No, it was in his nightmare. Was he scared that I am going to leave him? We live together for god sake.

His eyes scrunch closed even more. Oh no. Is he having another nightmare? I pull him closer to me so that his head is practically leaning against my chest. Didn’t I just say that I should leave and now I’ve just pulled him closer to me?

I can’t see him anymore but I can feel him relax. He squeezes my hand. This is so weird. I don’t like being this close with him. Do I? I keep telling myself about how uncomfortable I am being with him here as I fall asleep to my own dreamless night.

I wake up and I’m a bit confused. Where am I? Then last night hits me and I sit up. Where's Hinata? I go out and smell food. Is that fried eggs? I walk to the kitchen and see Hinata.

“What are you doing?” He jumps.

“Oh you're up! I wanted to thank-you for yesterday haha. So I made you breakfast!”

“Oh umh thanks I guess. You didn’t have to do this.”

“Yeah but I wanted to! Plus I think I’ve gotten better! Here!” He takes out a plate, puts the egg on it and slides it over to me.

“Thanks.” He’s looking at me like he’s asking me what I think. I roll my eyes. “It's nice.” His eyes light up.

“Great!” He eats up his one and we get ready for school. I still feel a bit awkward after last night but he seems a lot better. I have been noticing that he is starting to look a lot more sleepy later so it feels good to know that he’s gotten some sleep.

When we get to school he runs off saying that he ‘has to go somewhere’. I just shrug it off and head to my class. At lunchtime I find myself looking for Hinata. He’s not in his class so I go to the next person I think he could be with, Yachi. When I get to her class I see Hinata talking with her. He’s covering his face in his arms and she's laughing at him.

It kind of makes me angry that he runs off without me to go see Yachi. I walk over to them.

“Hi. Why did you run off?” I sit next to them.

“Oh hi Kageyama!” Yachi says.

“Uh hi Yachi?” I look over at Hinata.

“What's up with you?”

“Oh umh nothing! Let's eat lunch!” He smiles at me and my heart skips a beat but I ignore it.

After that, school finishes pretty quickly. It was a Friday so no more school tomorrow. That doesn’t mean that I’m done though. I have volleyball training. I walk there with Hinata and I see him tense up before we walk in.

“You good?”

“This is just reminding me of my nightmare..”

“Well whatever happened in it, it wasn't real remember? It’s just like normal.”

“Yeah your right.” I open the door and walk in.

“Hey guys! We're going to be practising receives today like mad! We’re still not good enough on that” Daichi greets us. 

“Yeah ok.” I walk over to the side and get on my knee pads. Hinata does the same, looking kind of relieved.

I’d say this was the most receives I've ever done in one session. Daichi and Noya keep boasting about how good they are. Well Noya is but I feel Daichi is, just silently every time he receives the ball perfectly.

“You getting angry that people can be better than you, your highness?” I bet anyone could tell who said that.

“No I’m not four eyes! Mind your own business and quit calling me that.”

“What are you gonna do? Fire me?” I grit my teeth.

“Lay off him Tsukki! Come on.” Yamaguchi pulls him off and away from me but he still has that smug face on him. Do people still see me like that or is it just that asshole? I hate to admit how much it bothered me. I never really cared about what people thought about me in the past. Why care now?

“Next person!” Ukai shouts. We have been rotating around every few minutes to practice receives. It’s different from how we usually practise them but I don't mind either way. It was Hinata and Noyas turn now. The people who were throwing the balls were coach Ukai and Daichi who said he could throw them so that it would go twice as fast.

Even though Noya is much better at receiving than Hinata I feet like he out shines Noya 100 to 1. I take a seat and peel my eyes off Hinata. The others are watching too but they seem really impressed with Noya (especially Asahi), whereas I would just see Hinata.

I look back at them. Ukai throws the ball over the net. He is more of a coach then a player so it’s sloppy and harder to receive.

“My bad! Just get the next one!”

But Hinata moved in a flash and before anyone could say anything he was in front of the ball. So quick. He’s not used to doing that though so when he gets there the ball just whacked him right in the face. He falls back.

“Holy carp dude! You good?” Suga says going over to him.

“Yeah. I’m. Fineee.”  Sure you are.

“Someone has to teach him how to stop getting hit in the face! It happens all the time!” Tanaka says.

“Hinata sit down. Kageyama your up!” Coach says.

“Right!” I wanted to see if he was ok. Oh well. I run onto the court and start the vigorous receive training.

After a good while more of training we finish up.

“Ok guy! That’s all for today! Make sure to stay in tonight, there's supposed to be a pretty bad storm on its way!”

You would never have been able to tell that tonight is going to be bad. The sky is a light blue with specks of cirrus clouds that look like light cotton candy. It’s also pretty warm out but it’s balanced with a small cool breeze that you’d just barely notice. All in all, it was pretty perfect.

I walk home with Hinata at my side as he talks about his day. He stops for a bit.

“Are you feeling better now?” I ask. He looks up at me quite shocked. Only then did I realise what I said. “Y-you know. ‘Cos you got hit with the ball right in your face like an idiot.”

“Ohh right! Yeah I’m better. I’ve gotten used to it due to how many times it has happened by now ahaha.”

“Did you think I meant something else?” Did I mean something else?

“Oh well I was just a bit confused is all. Especially with last night. Thought you might want some answers.” Oh.

“Well you already told me about it. What’s more to say?”

“Guess your right! I also wanted to say sorry.. For waking you and for not telling you the real reason I signed up.” First a thankyou breakfast now this?! He’s sorry for something he can’t control? I feel a bit bad that I have not even told him the reason I had signed up either now that he just opened up to me.

“You can’t control it so just forget about it.”

“Alright! You wanna study together today?” No. No I don’t.

“Okay.” WHAT

“Great!” He smiles and my heart speeds up. Godammit why do I think he has the best smile I have ever seen in my life?!

That afternoon we studied for a while but we were doing a topic that we were both absolutely terrible at so we didn’t get far. After a while I get a text.

Dad
Hello Tobio. I would like to talk to you on the phone if you are free?

You
Uh yeah sure. When?

Dad
Now

Incoming call: Dad
Accept or Deny

Why is he calling me so suddenly?! I don’t want to talk to him here. Not with Hinata here. He looks up when the phone rings.

“Uhh I gotta take this. I’ll be back soon.” I rush out of the dorm and I can hear him trying to say something but I’m gone too quickly. I answer the call.

“Good. Hello Tobio! ” I don’t like the way he says my name. I’m also still pretty angry about him.

“Hi.” Good, give him a one word response. 

“I’m going to be moving out of Miyagi tomorrow morning. Just thought I’d tell you in person.” 

“You call this in person!” I am pissed.

“Oh sorry Tobio. I am just too busy to meet up and see you. I am sorry.” Is he really though?

“So when am I going to be able to see you again?!”

“I- *sigh* I don’t know.”

“Why are you just moving out!”

“You don’t know?”

“Uhh no? No one ever tells me anything!” I'm practically shouting at this point. I’ve just kept walking since I left the dorm. I'm at some park now, but I don’t stop walking. I know this town like the back of my hand.

“Oh well your mother and I are getting a divorce!” He says this so happily like I should be too. Yes I’m happy that they might be happier not together but inside I am crushed. They never even told me. This is a long process so they should have told me a while ago. Why now, when he’s moving away. Not going to be able to see him for ages. When will it be? Months? Years? … never? …

He isn’t the best father but I don't want to never see him again!

“O-oh..”

“Yes. Sorry you had to find out this way but it can’t be helped now!” It could have been avoided though. “I’ll call you!” No you won't.. “See you around kiddo!” No you won’t! Why is he so happy that he’s leaving me! Am I really that awful of a son?!

And just like that he’s gone. When will it be the next time I see him? I have absolutely no idea. I don’t even know where he’s moving to. What if it’s not even in Japan!

I just keep walking.. Staring at the ground letting my feet take me wherever they want to go. Which is nowhere.. I don’t belong andwhere.. 

Before I know it there are tears running down my face. I left in such a hurry I didn’t bring a coat with me and I’m starting to feel the consequences. It’s much more couldier now with big greyish blackish clouds covering the sky and sun. It's dark. The occasional a person would speed walk past me trying to make it inside quickly. That’s when I remember the storm. But I don’t really care. A million thoughts are flying through my head.

Why is this bothering me so much? Why didn’t they tell me? Why didn’t he show up? Where is he going? What about my mom? Is she as happy as him? Probably…

I walk around for a while. I don’t know how long. I feel a drop of cold water hit my nose. Then another on my head. Then another. A minute later and it’s now pouring. I’m freezing but I keep walking. The winds pick up and it gets really dark.

I look up after what seems like ages because my feet stopped walking. I recognise this place. I’m standing right in front of the dorms. Funny how my subconsciousness took me here right? Not really.. But I'm glad I’m home. I don’t think twice about calling it that anymore. I've been here about a month or so now, so why shouldn’t I?

I walk in, through the halls.. 9.. 10.. 11.. 12. I open the door..

“KAGEYAMA!!!!”

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

326 21 9
𝐟𝐮𝐮𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢: "𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧." 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐲𝐮𝐮 𝐨𝐜! ⚠️ -𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 -𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤 ...
66.5K 1.2K 41
Kageyama and Hinata both attend University and are on the volleyball team where they had their first encounter. At first, the two were opposed to eac...
23.6K 660 28
Kageyama and Hinata have been teammates and friends for a while. They've been in contact even when they went to college. Hinata thought Kageyama went...
272K 5.4K 11
Kageyama can no longer focus around Hinata because of his unspoken feelings, and his volleyball suffers for it-so Hinata agrees to do absolutely anyt...