Roots

By Halayna123x

Roots are all about you, where you've come and what you are. A story about a girl who becomes so troubled, bu... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Fifteen

10 1 0
By Halayna123x

Next Day

Rayanna's P.O.V

I stood out on the balcony with a cup of tea in my hands, just looking outside to see that it was such a beautiful day.

I let out a yawn. So tired from last night, I couldn't sleep all night, just thinking about the fact Naz is married, with a child.

I sat down on the chair and placed my cup on the table. I let out a sigh.

To think I was actually liking him.

Actually considering the thought of being more then friends.

But he's married with a child.

Justine is right, I'm only here to find out about my family, nothing else.

A knock came from the door, I let out a sigh, who could me bothering me now? "Come in!" I yelled.

The door opened to see it was Nassar, he walked in my room to see I was outside and walked to the balcony.

He stood by the balcony door and looked at me. He was wearing a dark blue jura and looked really nice. "Enjoying the weather then?"

I looked up at him. "Yeah, I thought I might as well."

My hands curled up around the cup of tea on the table. "Can I help you with anything?"

"I just thought to come and see if you were okay."

"Well I'm okay, why?"

"Just. And I thought if you would like to come out with me tonight maybe?"

"I don't know, what if causes an issue or something?"

"It won't. Elena will come with us and it'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I am."

"Okay then, yeah sure it's fine."

He smiled at me and let out a soft chuckle. "I'll leave you to it then, I'll see you tonight."

"See you."

He turned around and walked into my bedroom then left the room.

So now I've agreed to go out with nasaar tonight too. He might be secretly married and all.

I sipped on my tea then walked out of the balcony into my room. I walked to my suitcase and pulled out a lace dark blue shalwr kameez.

I walked into the bathroom and got changed. I sorted myself out and walked out, I picked up the blue scarf and put it around my neck.

I picked up my phone from the nightstand and walked out of my room.

I turned my phone on. "Ray?"

I looked up from my phone to see Naz stood there, in a white jura and his green eyes focused on me. "Erm.. Yeah?"

"Can we talk?"

I bit my lip, not knowing what to say. He's married I kept on telling myself, trying not to look at him because I was going to end up falling for him then. "I don't know."

"What do you mean by I don't know?"

"Let me say it in pashto, mata pata nhasta."

"Well your pashto has improved a little." He said with a chuckle. "That's good."

"Shouldn't you be with your wife and son?"

"That's what I want-"

I cut him off. "I should be getting downstairs."

"Rayan-"

I walked past him and walked downstairs, I walked into the dining room to see Faron's mom sat there with Nassar and the girl from yesterday, all eating breakfast.

"Salam." I said as I sat down on the chair next to Nassar.

Faron's mom smiled. "Salam."

The girl didn't say anything to me. Nassar looked at me. "Do you want some tea or something to eat?"

"No, I'm okay. I'm just waiting on Elena."

"Elena long time." Faron's mom spoke with a smile on her face, for her attempt to speak English.

I smiled at her, I put my thumb up. "Your English good!"

She let out a chuckle and picked up the plate of toast, offering it to me. I shook my head for no. "Oga na yama."

I'm not hungry.

She smiled so big. "Pashto good too!"

Nassar let out a chuckle and smiled. "This is good, mom's learning English and you are learning pashto."

"It is."

The girl just looked at me and Nassar then looked back down at her food.

"Is Elena going to be really long? Why?"

"Something happened last night, she had to sort it out." Nassar replied as he began to eat his breakfast. "She'll wake up in a bit."

"What happened?"

"Family stuff." He answered with the shrug of his shoulder. "Pointless stuff to be honest."

Faron's mom began to pick up the plates, I got up from my chair and began to help her.

We went into the kitchen, I placed the plates in the sink and began to wash them.

"No, no." Faron's mom said as she looked at me washing the plates.

I let out a chuckle. "Yes, Yes."

-

"I'm so sorry." Elena said as she let out a sigh, she grabbed her purse and stuffed her phone in. "It was just a busy night last night."

"I understand."

"Was everything okay though?"

Nassar opened the door, indicating us to walk out the house. "Yeah it was." I replied as we walked out of the house to the car. "I was teaching Faron's mom English and she was teaching me pashto."

Elena opened the car door, she looked at me and smiled. "That's so good."

I nodded. "Yeah, I feel like I've bonded well with her."

"It's really good."

We sat in the car, at the back as Nassar sat himself in the driver's seat. He turned over his shoulder and looked at Elena as she pulled her phone out of her purse. "Is faron coming?"

She looked at him and shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know."

I looked outside the window to see Faron coming out of the house. "He's coming, I see him now."

Nassar looked at me through the rear view mirror and smiled. My cheeks began to turn to the colour red and I looked down at my hands.

The front passenger door opened, Faron popped his head in. "Ready?"

"Mara, just get in." Nassar said as he rolled his eyes at him.

Faron rolled his eyes at his brother and sat down, closed the door as he sat down. He turned over his shoulder and looked at Elena. "You okay?"

She didn't reply to him and was just texting on her phone. Something definitely happened last night.

She looked up from her phone and looked at Nassar. "Aiden said to meet him at Namki Mandi."

Nassar nodded. "Let's get going." He began to drive.

I nudged Elena, she looked up from her phone and looked at me. "You okay?" She whispered.

I nodded. "But are you okay? You don't seem you." I whispered.

She smiled. "I'm good, I'm just tired."

I rolled down the window and began to look outside to see Peshawar as Nassar drove.

Faron put music on, it made my mood better.

After 40 mins of driving, we arrived to this restaurant, it had the traditional beds out and so many people everywhere.

The smell of the food whiffed up my nose, making my stomach rumble. I pulled the car window up as Nassar looked at me through the rear view mirror once again.

Nassar pulled up at the front, he parked the car and looked at me and Elena. "Where's Aiden?"

As on cue, a knock came from Elena side of the window. Elena quickly rolled down her window to see a guy, he had big brown eyes and his hair was messy but looked good.

He looked at Elena and he smiled. "Elena!"

"Aiden!"

She quickly rolled the window back up, she opened the door and got out so quickly.

I looked at Nassar. "Who is he?"

"Elena's best friend." Faron replied as he looked at me. "They've known each other for a really long time."

"Oh okay."

Faron and Nassar got out of the car as I did. I closed the door to see Elena on the other side, attached to this guy.

I walked to the other side, Elena looked at me then looked at him. "Aiden, this is my friend, Rayanna."

Aiden smiled. "Hi, I'm Aiden."

"Rayanna."

Nassar stood by me with a warm smile on his face, I looked up at him. "It smells so good."

"Welcome to Namki Mandi." He said with a chuckle.

Faron looked at Elena then did Salam with Aiden. Elena stuck by Aiden's side and we walked in the restaurant.

Nassar put his arm around my shoulders, bringing me closer to him so I wouldn't bump in to anyone. My cheeks turned red.

I looked up at him. "Is this what you meant by us going out?"

He looked at me and smiled. "Kinda yeah."

This man came and spoke to Faron then led us to the back of the restaurant to a massive dining table and a view of Peshawar.

We all sat down, I sat next to Nassar and Elena as Faron and Aiden sat next to each other.

"So Rayanna, you are from the UK too?" Aiden asked as he looked at me. "Like Elena?"

"Yeah I am." I replied with a warm smile on my face. "I just wanted to see what Peshawar is all about."

"Oh okay."

Faron and Aiden began to talk amongst themselves as me, Elena and Nassar looked at the menus.

"I'm thinking of the gwakha karhi." Elena said as she looked at me and Nassar.

"Wanadire, you always want gwakha." Nassar replied to her.

"Get some lamp chops too." I added as I looked at Nassar.

"Wait, you both want gwakha?" He asked with a confused look on his face.

"Yeah." Elena replied as she rolled his eyes playfully at him.

Nassar nodded. He called the man over and began to say our order. Then he looked at Elena. "What about Aiden and Faron?"

"Get 2 kabil pualos, chicken Tikka and a whole chicken." Elena replied as she looked at the man.

The man nodded and wrote everything down, he said something then went.

All of a sudden, Faron's phone began to ring, he let out a sigh and got up and went.

Aiden looked at Elena." Let me guess, gwakha?"

She nodded. "Of course khana."

Something was weird about them two, I just felt it. Faron came back and let out another sigh. "Nassar, we've gotta go."

"Wele?" Nassar asked as he looked at him.

"We just have to get back, I'll explain on the way." Faron replied with such a stressed out look on his face.

"Us as well?" Elena asked as she looked at him.

"Erm.. You guys stay." Faron replied as he looked at her then looked at Aiden. "You'll bring them home won't you?"

"Yeah that's fine." Aiden replied as he looked at Faron.

Nassar got up, he looked at me and let out a sigh. "I'm sorry." He whispered then he looked at Elena. "Bring some gwakha back with you."

She nodded then they both left. Elena left out a sigh, she looked at Aiden and they began to talk. Elena trying to include me into the conversation but my mind wandered off to why they had to leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

671K 54.4K 55
[wattpad featured story] For Rabail her entire world revolves around the ideals, traditions, and honor of her family, but fate brings her face to fac...
3.3K 45 14
Nothing just "Our story".
108K 3.2K 20
DIL ◆Love =fresh flowers. ◆Journey of flower petals- each one telling its own story. ◆We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice be...
111K 4.5K 30
Sometimes a love story starts from parenthood. Cocer by : @chupkaroswaraaa