A Ghouls Cry | Kaneki Ken

By Yoon-ki-Min

All it took was one day for Hizake Rima's life to take a turn for the worst. Being a human in a world filled... More

ATTENTION
|Chapter 1|
|Chapter 2|
|Chapter 3|
|Chapter 4|
|Chapter 5|
|Chapter 6|
|Chapter 7|
|Chapter 8|
|Chapter 9|
|Chapter 10|
|Chapter 11|
|Chapter 12|
|Chapter 13|
|Chapter 14|
|Chapter 15|
|Chapter 16|
|Chapter 17|
Please Read!!!!!!
|Chapter 18|
|Chapter 19|
|Chapter 20|
|Chapter 21|
|Chapter 22|
|Chapter 23|
|Chapter 24|
|Chapter 26|
|Chapter 27|
|Chapter 28|
|Chapter 29|
|Chapter 30|
|Chapter 31|
|Chapter 32|
|Chapter 33|
|Chapter 34|
|Chapter 35|
|Chapter 36|
|Chapter 37|
|Chapter 38|
|Chapter 39|
|Chapter 40|
|Chapter 41|
|Chapter 42|
|Chapter 43|
|Chapter 44|
|Chapter 45|
|Chapter 46|
|Chapter 47|
|Chapter 48|
|Chapter 49|
|Chapter 50|
|Chapter 51|
Sequel!!!

|Chapter 25|

3.6K 175 38
By Yoon-ki-Min

   "Well, as long as I can drink coffee, I don't really care..."Rima said glancing up at Sasaki, who had a serious look on his face,"Is something wrong Haise-kun?"

   Sasaki nodded, looking Rima straight in the eyes,"Um... nothing really. I just wanted to talk to you about something..."

   "Really? What is it?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Sasaki gulped nervously as Rima stared at him expectantly. How was he going to start a conversation like this? Hey, remember that time I kissed you in the elevator, then you kissed me back? You do! Good. I was just wondering, do you like me or anything? Sasaki mentally shook his head. This was a lot harder then he first thought. He really shouldn't have done this on the spot.

   Taking all his courage, Sasaki opened his mouth,"U-uh... that time, in the elevator when me and you... kissed..."Sasaki blushed lightly, and so did Rima when he whispered the word 'kissed',"... I was just thinking... You know... um... What did you think...?"

   Rima looked embarrassed at her coffee,"You mean 'what do I think about the kiss?'"

   Sasaki shook his head,"Well... m-more of... about us..."Sasaki corrected, waving a single finger between the two of them. Rima blushed more, her face feeling like it was on fire. Putting a hand over her cheek Rima thought.

   Though Rima always thought of Sasaki, she never really thought of Sasaki in that way. Well maybe once or twice, but never really sat there and thought about the two of them being together.

   Rima shrugged her shoulders gently,"I-I don't know... I've never really thought about it before..."That sent an arrow straight through Sasaki's heart. So she didn't see him in that way..."... but now that you ask..."

   Sasaki's ears perked up at that, and his eyes twinkled a little as he looked at Rima. He noticed he leaned a little closer to hear what she had to say.

   "... I don't ever not see us getting together in the future..."Sasaki's heart leaped in joy,"... but I just don't see us being together anytime soon..."An then it leaped into the pit of despair.

   Sasaki's dropped his chin onto the table, narrowly missing his coffee. Rima looked to him worried. Sasaki sighed. Rima was a confusing girl... but it was something he liked about her.

   "I'm sorry Haise-kun.."Rima apologised, feeling bad for bringing the good mood they had down. Sasaki quickly shook his head, sitting up straight.

   "N-no. You did nothing wrong... Just... if I may ask. Why? Do you not like me?"Sasaki was almost to scared to hear her answer.

   Sasaki found out after one of the late night calls, that he really did like Rima. She helped keep him sane when everything around him isn't. She was able to ease his worries, always encouraging him when he was losing hope at finding Mutsuki. Rima always made his heart beat a little faster when he saw her. If that wasn't love then he didn't know what was.

   Rima instantly replied, reaching over and putting a gentle hand on Sasaki's arm,"Of course I like you Haise-kun... I think I always have... it's just... it's too early to truly know anything. What if... in a few years, you finally figure out that you don't really like me. It would not only be hard for you but it would painful for me. I don't want neither of us to go through something like that..."Rima explained in a soft tone.

   Sasaki nodded, he could see her point of view, "Yeah... but we won't know for sure if we don't tr-"Sasaki got cut of by his phone ringing. Sighing Sasaki quickly pulled his phone out, hitting the answer button and putting the speaker to his ear. Rima retracted her hand, looking at Sasaki curiously.

   "Hello?"Sasaki asked, a little disappointed that he didn't get to say his share of opinion.

   "Sasaki... where are you?"

   Sasaki's eyes widened when he heard Akira's voice through the speaker. His back straightened up real quick and he looked at his watch. Eyes almost popping out of his head, Sasaki saw that he and Rima had been gone for almost and hour.

   Akira was so going to kill him...

   "A-Akira-san... I can explain... y-you see-"

   "Is Rima with you? Is she okay?"Akira cut him off.

   Sasaki sighed. He knew there was no getting out of this one."Rima's right here. She fine."

   "Good. Now where are you?"

   "We're at a small cafe about 10-15 minutes from the CCG-"Suddenly, Sasaki's phone was pulled from his hand. Looking over, Sasaki saw Rima putting the phone to her ear.

   "Hello? Akira-nee, it's me Rima."

   "Rima, I thought you were going to stay with Sasaki... at the hospital wing..."Akira asked with a slight tone of annoyance. Rima winced slightly, but knew that Akira had every right to be annoyed

   "I was but... I needed some fresh air, and Haise-kun offered to take me on a walk. After a little bit I asked him if he could take me to a cafe. Please don't be mad at Haise-kun, It was my idea. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at me."Rima suggested. She didn't think they would have been gone for so long. It kind of surprised Rima. She guessed they lost track of time. But Rima didn't want Sasaki to take all the blame when it was her idea to go.

   Akira sighed softly,"I'm not... mad... at either of you. I was just worried. Thinking your with Mutsuki in the hospital room, then being told your not. It scared me."

   Rima smiled,"I'm sorry for worrying you Akira-nee. That wasn't my intention. If you'd like, we can leave now?..."

   "Yes, the faster you get here, the better. I'll see you when you get here."With that Akira hung up, leaving Rima to sigh in relief. She handed Sasaki his phone back, while he looked at her wearily.

   "Is everything okay?"

   Rima nodded,"Mhmm."

   "Was she mad?"

   "She said she more worried then mad. Though I could understand."Rima explained,"She also wants us to go back."

   Sasaki nodded, slipping his phone in his jacket pocket."I guess we should leave. I don't want to experience another Mado Punch..."He said standing up, rubbing his gut in thought.

   Rima laughed behind her hand as she rose to her feet too. Touka - who was silently watching the two - noticed them standing up and hurried over. At her arrival, the pair looked to her.

   "Are you guys leaving so soon?"Touka asked with furrowed brows. Rima nodded as Sasaki answered.

   "Yeah, a friend of ours called and said we need to go see her... She sounded quite annoyed."Sasaki replied with a nervous chuckle at the end. Rima just sighed quietly, looking to the ground shaking her head.

   Touka looked a little saddened at the mention of them really leaving, and Rima noticed. Rima put a gentle hand on Touka's shoulder, instantly getting her attention.

   "Don't worry. I'll try to come back as much as I can, especially for your brother's coffee."Rima said with a kind smile. Touka nodded, but still looked a little sad. Rima not liking the sad expression, pushed her shy nature away and wrapped her arms around Touka's neck, shocking both Touka and Sasaki.

   "Don't be sad... I promise that... I'll be back in no time..."Rima mumbled just so Touka could hear. Touka got choked up for a second. That was the last thing she ever heard from Rima before she disappeared 2 years ago. Touka wrapped her arms around Rima in return.

   "Sorry... it's just that you remind me of someone I used to be good friends with... and seeing you leave reminds me of when she left..."Touka found herself admitting. Rima leaned back, her hands still on Touka's shoulders.

   Rima smiled softly,"Well, if she was such a good friend then she wouldn't have just left..."Rima said.

   Touka laughed humorously,"I don't think she had much of a choice..."She said under her breath...

   "... and she would have at least left a note or something, but anyway... You can count on me, I'll always stay true to my word.."Rima stated, a small smile on her face. Sasaki smiled at the two. He was glad Rima was getting out of her depressed state more and more. And it was looking like she made another friend.

   "I'll keep you to that then..."Touka promised. Rima stepped back to Sasaki's side, nodding a smiling.

   "Mh. We should go now then. See you later... Touka-chan."Rima said as Sasaki put the money down on the table for the coffees. As the two walked away, Touka watched them with wide eyes.

   "They look just the same..."Touka whispered as Rima and Sasaki disappeared out the door. A big hand rested on top of Touka's head. Looking back she saw Yomo. He was also looking at the door where they left.

   "There's no need to cry Touka... They'll come back and it'll be like they never left..."He said, turning to look down at Touka.

   Touka glared lightly at him,"I am not crying!"She declared, turning her head away. Though when she brought a hand up to her cheeks, Touka felt cold tears falling from her eyes. Gasping softly, she quickly tried to wipe away the tears. How could she just start crying like that without even knowing. Touka mentally scolded herself.

   Looking back up at the door, Touka sighed, making Yomo look to her in wonder,"I only hope it's soon... I don't know how much longer I can wait..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.3K 2.4K 29
(Y/l/n) (Y/n) was dating a ghoul that is known as 'Snake Reaper'. His real name was Kagome Jack. She was a human at the time and knew the risk of bei...
128K 3.4K 24
A young girl named (y/n) lived in a world belonging to two. Ghouls and humans. Though she was taught to fear and hate ghouls, she just couldn't. Some...
209K 6.4K 24
(Y/n) hates being a ghoul, and Uta wants her back to the ghoul she used to be. Can he help her go back to what she once was?
42.7K 1K 59
WARNING : VERY BAD WRITING !! • ken kaneki x female ghoul ! reader • BOOK 2