Frozen Rose (Male Reader x RW...

By IrishWindz

"Frozen Rose" unfolds in the fantastical world of Remnant, where ancient tales and modern adventures collide... More

Bio
[Volume 1] Chapter 1
[Volume 1] Chapter 2
[Volume 1] Chapter 3
[Volume 1] Chapter 4
[Volume 1] Chapter 5
[Volume 1] Chapter 6
[Volume 1] Chapter 7
[Volume 1]Chapter 8
[Volume 1] Chapter 9
[Volume 1] Chapter 10
[Volume 1] Chapter 11
[Volume 1] Chapter 12
[Volume 1] Chapter 13
[Volume 1] Chapter 15
[Volume 1] Chapter 16
[Volume 1] Chapter 17
[Volume 1] Chapter 18
[Volume 2] Chapter 1
[Volume 2] Chapter 2
[Volume 2] Chapter 3
[Volume 2] Chapter 4
[Volume 2] Chapter 5
[Volume 2] Chapter 6
[Volume 2] Chapter 7
[Volume 2] Chapter 8
[Volume 2] Chapter 9
[Volume 3] Chapter 1
[Volume 3] Chapter 2
[Volume 3] Chapter 3
[Volume 3] Chapter 4
[Volume 3 ] Chapter 5
[Volume 3] Chapter 6
[Volume 3] Chapter 7
[Volume 3] Chapter 8
[Volume 3-4] Chapter 0
[Volume 4] Chapter 1
[Volume 4] Chapter 2
[Volume 4] Chapter 3
[Volume 4] Chapter 4
[Volume 5] Chapter 1
Volume 5: Chapter 2
Volume 5: Chapter 3
Volume 5 : Chapter 4
Volume 7 : Chapter 1

[Volume 1] Chapter 14

6.2K 122 57
By IrishWindz

Oobleck: Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus war, more popularly known as the Great  War.

He says speeding up to the front of the class and the map covered in papers behind his desk.

Oobleck: Humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie.

He shouts as he points at the map of said-area with his stick, then zooms off to the side for a sip of his coffee before appearing in front of the desk.

Oobleck: Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!

He zooms around the classroom more, sipping his coffee again before continuing to zoom and talk.

Y/N looks at the teacher, Confused at what he's seeing.

Y/N: What's in his coffee?

He thought.

Oobleck: Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?

Some of the students raise their hands. Velvet, after a moment, does the same.

Y/N seen this and gritted his teeth knowing that his family had a large part to play in this.

Oobleck: Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence!

He takes another sip of his coffee before continuing.

Oobleck: I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to the White Fang ! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?Yes?

Weiss: The battle at Fort Castle!

Oobleck: Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?

Unseen by the professor, Cardin flicks a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up.

Jaune: Hey!

Oobleck: Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?

Jaune: Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus......had over that guy's stuff..." 

He noticed Y/N pointing to Pyrrha he looks over and sees Pyrrha cup her hands around her eyes and goes for the most obvious answer.

Jaune: Uhh... Binoculars!

While Jaune looks pleased with his answer, the class laughs at him and Oobleck, now back at the front of the class sips his coffee. Pyrrha sighs and slaps a hand to her forehead as Cardin pounds his fist on his desk while chortling.

Oobleck: Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!

Cardin: Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

Y/N sneers at Cardin and replies.

Y/N: If all the soldiers were as weak as you I'm not surprised they lost. 

Pyrrha: You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?

Cardin: What? You got a problem?

Pyrrha: No, I have the answer! It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark.

Blake: General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured.

She turns to Cardin and taunts him.

 Blake: Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure.

As Cardin gets up from his seat, fist clenched and aimed at Blake he was stopped by a hand on his shoulder, He was surprised but was shocked to see Y/N behind him already.

Y/N looks down at him with distain.

Y/N: Sit down or I will break your jaw again and I will not stop there.

Oobleck: Mr. Winchester! Please take your seat.

As Cardin sat back down mumbling 

Oobleck: You and Mr. Arc can both see me after class for additional readings.

Jaune: Oohhhh...

Oobleck: Now! Moving on!

When the lesson ends,  Y/N spots Pyrrha waiting near the door for Jaune and decided to go and take a walk.

(This episode is a bit short but I can't do anything about that besides making to episodes 1 chapter sooooo)

An overhead shot of a forest bustling with red leaves and gray trunks is seen as the camera descends and shows Glynda leading teams RWBY, JNPR, and CRDL through the area.

Y/N is just standing next to the teams holding his weapon by his side and is seen in a lighter set of the same armour.

Glynda: Yes, students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so.

The group stops, and Jaune, grunting and carrying a large case with six empty glass jars on top, tries to catch up with them and ends up bumping into Cardin. The bully scowls at Jaune, who attempts to feign innocence by whistling tunelessly.

Glynda:Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of , so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun!

While and her sister smile at one another, Jaune attempts to (noisily) sneak away from Cardin to his team, but the blackmailer sees this and grabs Jaune by the back.

Cardin: Come on, buddy - let's go!

Jaune miserably looks up at his team, where Nora and Ren are already walking into the forest's depths and Pyrrha is staring sadly at the scene. Dropping his gaze, Jaune turns and follows CRDL, to the disappointment of a sighing Pyrrha before she continues on.

Team CRDL is making themselves as comfortable as possible by leaning on stones, trees, and the ground while Jaune returns to the group with six full jars, setting them down just as he collapses face-down. The surrounding team gets up in response.

Cardin: Hey, great work, Jauney boy! Now that wasn't too hard, was it?

Jaune: I think I'm allergic to this stuff...

Cardin: Greeeeat, great, great. So, Jaune, I bet you're asking yourself, 'Why did my buddy Cardin ask me to collect six jars of tree sap when there's only five of us?'

Jaune: That is one of the many questions I have asked myself today, yes.

Cardin: Well, come with me, and you'll find out.

Jaune moans and gulps in worry.

Now perched on a hilltop overlooking the other students, team CRDL - plus Jaune, squeezed between Cardin and - peak their heads over the crest and watch as everyone is retrieving their samples of sap. Ren, kneeling to collect it from a tree, passes a full jar to Nora, who "Mmmm!"s at the gift as Ren trades it for the other jar in her care. He turns back to the tree and starts filling it up while several licking sounds are heard off to the side of him, He wasn't surprised to see Nora having all the sap.

Jaune: Cardin, wh-what's going on?

Cardin: Payback.

Jaune: Pyrrha...? Wh-what are you-?

Cardin: That's the girl. Red-haired know-it-all, thinks she's so smart and...

He points further off to the right that shows Y/N Assisting Ruby and team RWBY.

Cardin: And that Rich kid thinks he all great cause he trained with Daddy's money!

Cardin pulls out a buzzing cardboard box with a large "W" written on its sides)

Cardin: Last night, old Jaune here managed to round up an entire box of Rapier Wasps, and now, we're gonna put him to work.

Russel grabs Jaune by the shoulder, who barely laughs in nervousness.

Cardin: Now, according to one of the essays you wrote for me last week, these nasty things loooove sweets.

The members of CRDL get up. Cardin offers his hand to Jaune, only to painfully yank him up on his feet and shove the jar into his grasp.

Cardin: And you're gonna do it.

Jaune: Do what?

Cardin: "Hit them with the sap! Either that, or I'll have a chat with Goodwitch, and you'll be on the first out of Beacon.

Jaune looks down at the jar of sap in his hands and then up at the four grinning teammates waiting to see what happens. Jaune turns towards the group and aims his throw at an oblivious and smiling Pyrrha, and A friend he respects greatly, trying to steel his nerves and shaking hand to do the deed, but ultimately steels himself for what he's about to do.

Jaune: No.

Cardin: What did you say?

Jaune: I said... NO!

He turns and throws the jar at Cardin, instantly recoiling his hands to himself as he looks at Cardin's breastplate covered in sap. The other team leader, however, just looks at himself and laughs darkly.

Cardin: Oh, you've done it now...

Jaune humorously laughs to himself once more with his hands still raised in an attempt for defense as and grab Jaune's shoulders and pull him in so his terrified eyes can be seen by anyone who saw him, Unluckily for Cardin Y/N spotted what was happening and was not happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 81 17
After the Fall Break ended, 16-year-old Ruby Rose was quite skeptical about going back to her highschool, Beacon High. However, the feeling went away...
1K 55 13
"After all this time... you still have the nerve to think I'd bend to your will!? Such arrogance... such foolishness!" "I'd be spitting on my ancesto...
2.9K 68 10
The newly formed Team RNJR; made up of Ruby Rose, Nora Valkyrie, Jaune Arc, and Lie Ren; along with Kai Blaze, journey through the continent of Anim...
68.5K 1.1K 17
(Y/N) (L/N), current CEO of (L/N) Enterprises, is a self centered, ego filled teenager, who has started a war against the White Fang and all faunus...