Hurt,Betrayal And Sacrifice

mishi144 tarafından

"I'm not your personal doctor. And why the hell you want me to bandage your forhead when you have long list o... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Author's note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Author's Note
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 16

4.2K 161 2
mishi144 tarafından

          Flashback continues.....

I called the doctor immediately after I shifted her to my room. I was a doctor myself but I preferred to call a lady doctor so she can check her thoroughly.

It had been about an hour that the doctor arrived and went to check her but she hadn't been back yet and I was getting worried now. I was standing outside the door waiting for them. I wondered what was taking the doctor too long.
I decided to go and check on them myself but before I could knock at the door, the door opened itself and doctor came out.

"What happened Dr. Rida?"
I asked impatiently as I was getting very worried for Dua and my patience was running low now.

"What is your relationship with her?"
She asked back instead of answering my question and I was getting annoyed now since the wait was already too much for me.

"I can't tell you unless you have some close relationship with her. I'm sorry Dr. Hashir."
Dr.Rida continued after seeing my facial expression and I sighed. She was my work fellow and she was very strict on rules so I decided to tell her the truth. Moreover Dua was my wife legally and religiously and I wasn't doing anything wrong that I have to hide our relationship with anyone.

"She's my wife. I think this relationship is enough for me to know what happened to her."
I said and she looked at me shocked. I've been working with Dr. Rida for almost a year and sudden news of my marriage must be a shock to her since I never talked about it ever. But she masked her expressions quickly and nodded at me.

"She's stressed. Her condition indicates that she's been in a traumatic situation. Is everything alright at your home? Because it looks like she had a panic attack due to extreme anxiety."
Dr. Rida was dropping bombs on me one after another and I could only gasp in shock.

"Anxiety? Trauma? Panic attack?"
I asked shocked and she nodded at me.

"Our grandfather died two months ago. She was very attached to him. She must be stressed because of it."
I replied thinking deeply but it didn't made any sense to me because she was just fine when she left for home with her father.
Sure she was sad and upset but it wasn't anything like that.

"Are you sure that's the only reason?"
Dr. Rida asked bringing me out of my thoughts and I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?"
I asked frowning and she looked at me taking a deep breath.
"It looks like someone is pressurizing her for something because she was repeating again and again in her sleep that 'she don't want to do it'. And I don't know what that meant. Now you tell me what happened to her"

"I've no idea. She was actually visiting her parents and just came back today and I've got no idea what happened there."
I tried to explain Dr. Rida in the most simple way and she looked at me nodding.

"Try to keep her as happy as possible and don't give her any stress and I've written some medicines for her. Give them to her on time and also take care of her food as she's very weak nd she should eat more."
She gave me instructions and I nodded at her since I already know everything about it.

"Ok. I'll. Thanks a lot for coming. Now let's go I'll drop you home."
I said thanking her in gratitude and she gave me a polite smile.

"I'll go by myself. You should only focus on your wife now."
She replied with a chuckle and left while I decided to go and check on Dua myself.

I entered my room and there she was lying on the bed nearly lifeless. I didn't understand what happened in two months that she became like this. I was chastising myself for ignoring her. I was in so much grief over Agha jaan's death that I didn't even bother to check on her altough she was my responsibility. I should've been there for her.

I held her hand which looked so weak to me. Her face was even missing her natural blush and it was looking so pale. I caressed her cheeks wondering what could've happened to her or maybe Agha jaan's death has taken a toll on her but internally I was convinced that it was something more than that.

I decided to call Uzair as I was sure that he must know something and also to scold him for not taking care of his little sister altough it was my own fault too. I knew already that Agha jaan's death had also shaken him to the core  but still she was his sister and he loved her so much. So atleast he should have been there for her.

I dialled his number but it was switched off. I tried so many times on his other numbers too but all were either switched off or not responding. Now I was getting seriously worried. Maybe something happened and I really didn't know.

I was lost in my thoughts when Dua moved a little from her lying position. I immediately got alerted and looked at her who opened her eyes slowly and blinked at me.
I passed her a glass of water and helped her sit on the bed.

"How're you feeling now?"
I asked softly after she drank the water and handed me the empty glass back. I kept it on the table waiting for her to speak something.

"I'm fine. What happened to me?"
She asked in a whisper looking at me with her deep blue eyes.

"That you're going to tell me. You just fainted in my arms. And doctor told me you're under stress. What happened hmm?"
I asked her holding her hand in mine and caressing her knuckles to keep her calm.

"I had an argument with Dad regarding bhai and I told him to drop me here. "
She told me her voice devoid of any emotion while I l frowned at her.

"What about Uzair? And why would you leave your house because of it?"
I asked her confused as it all was so difficult to comprehend. I wonder what happened in their house.

"Is it not my house?"
She asked hurt and I bit my lips groaning internally as she took my words in a wrong way.

"Dua you are the granddaughter of khans and also my wife so definitely it's your house too sweetheart. I don't even need to say that to you. You can come here whenever you wish or want. What I meant to say is why are you so upset and why you fought with your parents and came here? Atleast tell me so I can understand what the problem is."
I said softly kissing lightly on her knuckles and she blushed slightly at me while I chuckled amused at her reaction.

"Even if you don't want to tell me now it's fine we'll figure this out later. Now tell me what do you want to eat in dinner."
I asked after a moment of silence when she didn't say anything. I understood she must need time and space to figure this out. Since the issue must be huge because as far as I know Dua she's not the one to fight with her family on petty issues.

I ordered our dinner after she told me what she wanted to eat. Now it was night time and we both were sitting in my room on my bed watching a random movie on laptop which was my idea mainly since I wanted her mind to relax. She has been taking a lot of stress since weeks and it's not good for her health.

After the movie ended I told her to sleep in my room and I myself decided to sleep in Agha jaan's room as I had already been spending my nights in his room.
Before I could go out she held my wrist and I looked at her lifting my burrows in question.

"Thank you so much Wali for been here for me."
She said softly and I kissed her forehead in response and left to Agha jaan's room.

It had been a week since Dua came here. In this week she had been so silent and she didn't share anything with me while I was giving her time so that she'll feel comfortable since I didn't want to stress her more than she already was. In this whole week I tried so many times to call Uzair but his phone was switched off.

It was another morning when me and Dua were having breakfast together. I looked at Dua who was playing with food rather than eating it so I decided to talk to her.
"Why aren't you eating?"
I asked her who got startled at my sudden voice.

She looked at me and then took a piece of bread to eat all the while I was watching her and she looked nervous at something.
"Do you wanna talk to me about something?"
I asked myself since I felt like she wanted to talk to me.

"Uzair bhai shifted to London two weeks ago."
She said softly while I was shocked to hear this piece of information.

"What? Why? And why didn't he inform me about this?"
I asked confused since me and Uzair shared a great bonding and he never talk to me about it. Nor did he told me anything and as far as I know he wanted to establish his business here not in any other country.

"Dad wanted him to shift there. He said Bhai need some space from friends and family so he could focus on his business. So he transferred him to London branch of our business."
She replied while I internally scoffed at uncle's thinking. Friends and family aren't a distraction in way of work rather they are necessity.

"This doesn't make any sense."
I replied not hiding my displeasure from her while she sighed.

"It doesn't. That's why me and Dad had a huge argument. Bhai didn't fight with Dad and accepted his decision after a little resistance since he's always the obedient son following his every order. But I fought with Dad and left the house after Bhai left for London."

Dua explained while I was still digesting all the information she provided. At least it explained why Uzair wasn't attending my calls he must've changed his number. But still it all wasn't making any sense. Moreover it felt like Dua was hiding something from me dince she didn't met my eyes even for once but I didn't question her.

"Everything will be alright."
I replied not knowing that things were about to get a lot worse in future.

....................................

A month has passed since Dua came here to live with me. Nothing changed in this month. Instead Dua was acting so weird. First I thought I'm getting paranoid but her behaviour is getting stranger day by day.

Sometimes she's too sweet and clingy with me while on the other times she seems so closed off and reserved. And I already knew that she was keeping secrets from me.

I came home after a tiresome day and decided  to talk to her about it. We were having dinner when I initiated the conversation.
"Dua?"
I called her who was lost in her own thoughts and she looked at me startled.

"Why aren't you eating?"
I asked as she was playing with food like always.

"I'm not feeling hungry."
She said and looked down. She has been acting like this since she came from her home. She doesn't talk much nor smile which was the complete opposite of her cheerful personality.

"Did you go somewhere yesterday?"
I asked the main reason I wanted to talk to her.

"Me. No. Why would I go somewhere?"
Dua replied abruptly almost anxious on my question.

"But I thought I saw you somewhere. Must be my mistake."
I said pretending to think and look towards her face which held so much nervousness which clearly told me she was lying.

"I.... I uh.... Yeah I was gone to lunch with my.... My friends."
She said after a while but didn't meet my eyes.

"Really. I didn't know you consider your father your friends."
I said sarcastically and she froze on my words.

Yesterday I went to meet my father who invited me to lunch at a famous restaurant. I didn't want to go. But he's my father so I had to go there on his insistence. After lunch I had to use restroom so I excused myself. When I was going towards it I saw something which shocked me.

Dua was sitting with her father and they were talking. But it felt like her father was arguing with her over something. It shocked me because Dua told me she had no connection with her father and he doesn't even want to see her face. I didn't want to reach to a conclusion so I simply asked her.

"Why did you lie Dua? I saw you with my own eyes sitting with your father"
I asked her who looked down guilty.

"I'm sorry."
She said meekly and I heaved a sigh at that.

"Dua what's happening? Huh. Tell me. You're so conserved and closed off at a moment while on the other moment you're all sweet and cheerful. You have even started lying to me now. Your brother don't attend my calls. I asked you various times for his new number but you always change the topic. I went to his office and they told me they don't even know where he is nor they have his number nor they know about his going to America. It looks like he hasn't gone to the other country he has disappeared from this earth as no one knows a thing about him.
You say you're not in contact with your father when I clearly saw you having lunch with him. Why did you lie to me?"
I said curtly looking at her who didn't met my eyes for a moment.

"I went to meet dad as he wanted to apologize for his behaviour earlier  and he told me to come back but I rejected his request. I didn't want to tell you that as I know you're already worried about me."
She replied timidly and I sighed as I knew she was again lying and hiding something.

"What about Uzair?"
I asked rubbing my forhead as I was having a headache now.

"Dad doesn't let me talk to him and he forbade him to talk to us."
She said and I got up from my seat to go but then turned around and went towards her.

I held her chin between my forefinger and thumb and lifted her face up to look into her eyes.
"I trust you and I sincerely hope that whatever you said is true. Don't ever break my trust Dua otherwise I don't know what I'll do with myself and you"

I said looking into her deep blue eyes and kissed her forehead. I really hoped whatever reason she had she wasn't lying to me but I didn't know her reason was far more deeply than I had thought of.

.......................

Vote, comment and share ❤️

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

268K 14.3K 59
Dua Shah the innocent girl with a devastated life. Never loved by anyone from her family. She lost her mother in early age. She lives with her father...
27.8K 1.5K 34
Book 1 of Tainted Series "Aapne maara hai mere maa baba ko. I hate you. Apni shaqal bhi dikhayi toh I'll kill myself " ~ Annahita Thakur •••••••••••...
231K 10.7K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...
17K 1K 79
"ℍ𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘....." ★★★ AARYANSH × ISH...