A CONNECTION

By VelvitaRose

This is a love/action/Fanfiction of the tv show tangled the series AKA Tangled adventures. It's of Varian and... More

Prologue - The before
Chapter 1 - A nice WARM welcome
Chapter 2 - A Silent cry for help
Chapter 3 - A long lost friend
Chapter 4 - You are amazing the way you are
Chapter 5 - Don't poke the bear
Chapter 6 - That awkward moment when you find out feelings exist.
Chapter 7 - There is always more to learn
Chapter 8 - The past that haunts us
Chapter 9 - A sweet surprise
Chapter 10 - A heroic romance
Chapter 11 - Love is in the air
Chapter 12 - Revisiting the past
Chapter 14 - A start to an exhausting day
Chapter 15 - A romantic exhausting day
Chapter 16 - A Haunting Gang
Chapter 17 - A chained battle
Chapter 18 - Now there's nothing left to lose
Chapter 19 - A final fight
Chapter 20 - The last chance to do what's right
Chapter 21 - A Goodbye (the final chapter)

Chapter 13 - Getting used to Corona

307 16 30
By VelvitaRose

I will warn you in advance, this chapter is a little long, like double the length of a regular one. So get your popcorn, find a nice comfortable space. Get into fangirl mode, and please put comments on the side as you read. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Varian didn't know what to feel, panicked frustrated, and he completely lashed out as he threw all the stuff off his desk causing alchemy bottles to shatter on the floor, as Varian put his fingers through his hair as he slammed his goggles on the table.

"Varian, don't you know a bunch of different languages?" Cassandra said trying to calm him down.

Varian put one of his hands slammed on the desk, causing Cassandra to stumble because it was the hand he was handcuffed to her on. He grabbed his other hand and pulled his hair. "Thirty-six actually, but I don't!!!! GAH!!!" Varian yelled again in anger.

Cassandra put her hand on top of Varian's hand that was on the desk. "Look at me," Cassandra said while putting her head by his shoulders, and he refused to make eye contact. "LOOK AT ME!!!!" Cassandra said grabbing his chin and making him look at her.

"What are you so upset about?" Cassandra said in a sweet and comforting voice. "You are the Varian. You've done so much, like making warm running water, making some of the best alchemy things out there, and being the BEST dance fighter, I know.... Also the only dance fighter I know." Cassandra said as she started to smile and moved Varian to the middle of the room while holding his hand. "Look around you! Everything in here was all you. What's the problem with deciphering one more scroll, and it shouldn't be as hard as the other one? My point is.... You are an incredible adult Varian... you have become a handso- handy!!! Strong fighter.....You.... My point is, after everything you've been through. Are you going to let this scroll get the better of you?" Cassandra said as she took Varian's hands and held them in front of her.

She started leaning in for a kiss, Varian happily smiled as he blushed, and he started to lean in.

That's Rapunzel jumped down the trap door. "Hey, guys!!" Rapunzel shouted over to them happily.

When Cassandra lost her cool again and turned around and yelled. "RAPS!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! DON'T JUST COME IN HERE UN INVITED!!!!" Cassandra yelled at Rapunzel.

Varian immediately pulled Cassandra to stand next to him. "Don't worry about it, Rapunzel. See Cassandra, while you weren't in Corona, I gave Rapunzel a house key and told her that she was always welcome, and don't worry Rapunzel, it still applies." Varian said as he smiled at Rapunzel and Cassandra was trying to calm down, but it was too late, the words were already said.

Two times in one day, Rapunzel started worrying that Cassandra was not the girl she remembers, but Rapunzel knew she would find a way to make it up to her.

There was a small moment of awkward silence when Varian spoke up. "Well, me and Cassandra have a few things we should do," Varian said while grabbing the scroll out of Cassandra's hand.

Rapunzel saw the scroll and inquisitively asked "What's that?" She said as she walked down the stairs to Cassandra and Varian.

Varian let off an excited smile as Rapunzel was curious. "Oh, well on it is this recipe for a chemical that should be able to break through the chains," Varian said while smiling because he found someone who was interested.

Cassandra was standing to the other side of Varian, she couldn't even watch this, she knew deep down Rapunzel meant no harm, but that doesn't mean Cassandra isn't going through some jealousy.

Rapunzel spoke her mind, "That's great!"

That's when Varian interrupted and told her the bad news. "The only bad part is its in a language I don't understand."

"Yet!" Rapunzel said with a smile. "You don't understand yet. You are the Varian, if anyone can do it, it's you." Rapunzel said, when Cassandra immediately turned around as her friend said the exact same thing she did, she grabbed Varian's shoulders and pulled him over next to her.

"Yeah, I told him that earlier," Cassandra said with a somehow threatening smile. Rapunzel was very confused and hurt by her best friends' behavior. "Well, you see the time, Varian and I need to get going," Cassandra said. "Well, thanks for stopping by. We will be sure to meet up with you later."

"Oh... I get it, you just need a bit of time to adjust to Corona again. Well, goodbye." Rapunzel said as she had a clearly fake smile on her face as she left the room.

About a minute after Rapunzel closed the trapdoor Varian spoke up in an angry and serious tone. "What was that about!?!!"

Cassandra looked over at him, she still believes what she did was right, but she was still ashamed she did it. Cassandra started looking at the floor, as she was hurt about what she said to Rapunzel. Varian saw Cassandra looking at the ground, so he came up and put his hands on her shoulders as he looked into her eyes. "I don't know what's going on, but I do know that you should stop treating Rapunzel that way!!!"

Cassandra looked at Varian and she was going to say something when Varian interrupted. "No, you don't get to say anything. You said enough.... Look.... I may not be you, and I know I haven't seen you really in three years, but I spent about a week with you now, and you haven't acted like this until Rapunzel showed up. I know it's weird jumping back into past relationships, but if anyone can do it, it's you.... Can you do that for me?"

Cassandra looked at him as her eyes filled with tears, she was trying her hardest to hold them back. When a single tear slowly dripped down her cheek. With Varian's free hand he put his hand on her cheek and wiped away the single tear that had fallen.

Cassandra put her hand on Varian's hand when she paused. Varian stopping the sweet moment said, "Well, now that we've got that cleared up I think we have somewhere we should go." Varian said walking Cassandra over to his desk as he put the scroll on his belt, and he packed his backpack with a couple of books and some random alchemy things.

Cassandra looked at him as she wiped away her remaining tears, as she pulled herself together enough to ask. "Where are we headed?"

"We are going to go and see the nurse," Varian said in reply as she gave him a smile.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

When they showed up to where the nurse was, they knocked on the door, the door slowly opened and the person who answered it was a girl with bright orange hair that was down, it was long enough where it hit down to where her waist is. She had a nice warm welcoming smile, and she had a stethoscope wrapped around her neck, along with these bright and curious brown eyes. She was wearing one of the nurse uniforms, and her name tag said, Katlyn.

"H-Hi," Varian said stumbling to speak. Varian was fascinated by doctors and everything they can do but he didn't really want to be there at the moment.

Katlyn looked into Varian's eyes causing him to blush and causing Cassandra to clench her fist out of a bit of jealously but she put it aside as Varian asked. Then suddenly Katlyn stopped. "Hi, I'm Katlyn, feel free to call me Kate. And your Varian? Right?"

"Umm, yeah?" Varian responded to Katlyn as he was kind of weirded out.

"I knew I had seen you, probably from the old wanted posters or something." Katlyn continued, she paused catching what she had said. "I am so sorry, as you can see, I'm not the best with people." She said hanging her head low.

"It's alright Kate," Varian said making her smile.

"So, what can I help you with?!" Katelyn said very excitedly. Varian slowly lifted up the one side of his shirt to show her the blood-stained wrap on his side. Katelyn immediately went from a sweet innocent girl to a serious look. "Come in." She told them.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

After a little while, Varian was sitting on one of the beds, when Katlyn came up with a small medical bag. She walked up to Varian, Cassandra was sitting next to Varian because of the handcuffs.

"Umm, Cassandra, right?" Katlyn said trying to remember her name. Cassandra nodded, then Katelyn continued. "Are you able to move for a second?"

Cassandra looked over at her and held up her handcuffed arm to Varian. Katlyn's eyes widened as she noticed their situation. "It's alright, you can stay there," Katelyn said, not trying to make things even harder for them.

Katlyn came up to Varian and asked him to take off his shirt just so she could get a better look at his side. Varian nodded as he took off his shirt. Cassandra helped a bit, but Cassandra and Varian had to cut a hole in the one side a while ago so they could put it on over the handcuffs, luckily that made it easier to take off.

Katlyn took the shirt and handed it to Cassandra, "Can you hold that?" Kate asked as she went through her medical things. Cassandra nodded.

Then Kate came up and she started to take some of the white wraps off Varian's side. By the time she was on the last layer, she could see the wound through the wrap.

Once she got the final layer off, she looked at it, on one hand, she was very intrigued and fascinated. On the other hand, she knew it had to hurt. She paused and looked at it. "Umm, may I...?" She said wanted to touch it.

"Oh, yeah. Whatever you need to do." Varian said as Katlyn's face lit up.

She started looking closely at the stitched-up wound. She touched the edge of it causing Varian to flinch. She turned to look at him. "Sorry about that." She looked at the stitches a bit closer, along with her remembering. The technique that the wrap was used.

"May I ask who stitched this up for you?" Katlyn asked.

Cassandra raised her hand. "It was me, actually."

Katlyn's eyes widened. "Your... Cassandra, Cassandra?"

Cassandra looked at the ground. "I know. The one who betrayed Rapunzel, look I'm not-"

"I haven't seen you in so long. You look so different. I didn't even recognize you." Katelyn said while looking at Cass.

"I'm sorry but I don't remember you," Cassandra said not putting it easily.

"Oh, that's fine. We never really talked. I only saw you when you were the lady in waiting but look at you. You're so... different. Like a fighter." Kate said, then she continued. "The only times we ever crashed into each other was back when I was in medical school, and you were one of the people who would always come and check on the patients. All the nurses always loved the flowers you would bring the patients."

Cassandra blushed, then Varian nudged her with his sleeveless shoulder as he said in a teasing tone, "Look, there is a heart in there after all."

Cassandra made a playful gasp. "How dare you!" She said as she pretended to be upset while she smiled and let out a laugh.

Cassandra and Varian both blushed and smiled then Katlyn ended the moment as she asked. "And is this your boyfriend? Your chemistry is real."

Both Cassandra and Varian blushed. As both of them talked over each other where Katlyn had absolutely no idea what they were saying. When Varian suddenly stopped and Cassandra continued before she realized he stopped and accidentally said, "Well, I mean at least not yet..."

Kate and Varian both looked at Cassandra. When Varian smiled at her as he melted into a smile. While Kate on one hand thought this was sweet. On the other hand, she felt uncomfortable.

Kate broke the silence, as she spoke while looked at Varian's wound again. "You're lucky you got that stitched up when you did. It looks like you probably wouldn't have lasted much longer."

"What?!" Cassandra yelled. "What do you mean, last?"

"Exactly what it sounds like. This wound is decently big if he had lost any more blood.... It wouldn't have been good." Kate said backing away from Varian and walking over to her medical bag.

"Well... is there anything we can do to help it heal?" Varian asked, sounding a bit worried.

"The main thing it needs is time for a scab to form. Luckily, you've given it that, but..." Kate said pausing as she looked at the wound again.

"But, what?" Cassandra asked.

"It seems it's gotten a little... irritated. You should've changed the bandage out, but I understand you might have had other things to deal with." Kate said gesturing to the handcuffs.

Katlyn took another look closer at the wound. "I will say, it was wise of you to put on some kind of antibiotic right away," Katlyn said stepping away.

Cassandra and Varian exchanged confused looks when Cassandra said what they were both thinking. "We never did that?"

Katlyn's eyes widened by what Cassandra said. "Wait, but then how did-"

"HA!!! MY ALCHEMY WORKED!!!!" Varian shouted excitedly interrupting Kate. Varian blushed as he paused for a moment and continued. "What I meant was, I made this healing chemical. It's supposed to instantly heal a wound, but when I used it on a wound this size, I didn't think it did anything, but it did!"

"Well, I'm not an expert in alchemy at all, but I will tell you what I think you should do. Wrap it up again, and keep it covered, and some of the obvious things, don't swim, don't be too physical, and give it time to heal. Also replace the wrap, every day.' Kate looked at Cassandra with a smile, "at least you know someone who is really good at it." A small moment of everyone kind of smile at each other happened, as Varian put his shirt back on. "Well, that's all. You can come back in about a week, or so, would that work?"

"We'll see," Cassandra said as her and Varian walked out the door. Varian waved while telling Kate goodbye. The door closed. Kate took a deep breath, then the door slowly opened, and Cassandra peeked her head in. "I know this might sound a little weird... but you're sure he's going to be ok? I don't know what I would do if anything happened to him."

Kate smiled at Cassandra's sweet, protective words. "He should be fine if you take care of him, and here." Kate through Cassandra about a whole roll with the white wrap on it. Cassandra caught it as she looked at Kate. "I looked at the way you did it.... Your better at it than me. So I know that Varian is in good hands." Cassandra's face turned into a smile from the kind words Kate had said, as she closed the door again.

Cassandra turned around and Varian was standing right there. Varian looked at her. "You alright?" Varian asked.

"Yeah, I'm great," Cassandra said with a smile.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Rapunzel was looking at her window with a sad look on her face, Eugene was standing behind her. Rapunzel stood up while saying, "You should've seen the way she looked at me. It was like she hated me." Rapunzel started pacing around the room.

"Well, it's CassANDRA we're talking about, she hates everyone," Eugene said looking at Rapunzel.

"No, this was different... She was different." Rapunzel stopped pacing. "She's not the Cass I remember," Rapunzel said as she had tears start to form in her eyes.

Eugene came up looked Rapunzel in the eye. "Blondie, Cass probably needs a little time to adjust, and even if that's not the case. Some people change, and there is nothing we can do about it." Eugene gave Rapunzel a comforting hug. As he broke the hug, he gave her a kiss on the forehead and looked into her eyes. "Talk to her, ok?" Rapunzel gave him a smile and a nod.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Varian and Cassandra were back in the lab while Varian was working on his desk, Cassandra was trying to sit comfortably but was having trouble because of the handcuffs.

After a couple minutes of Cassandra trying to get comfortable, she stood up next to Varian and enthusiastically asked. "How can I help?!"

Varian looked at Cassandra confused but, with a smile. "What? You want to help?"

"Yeah. I mean I'm stuck with you and the sooner I get these off the better." Cassandra said while popping her knuckles and getting excited to help.

Varian smiled at her enthusiasm. "Fine, take these." Varian handed Cassandra a couple of things to work with and he told her he had deciphered the majority of the scroll, and she was going to work on some of what he's deciphered. He only had about a paragraph left to decipher but it was the hardest one.

After a little while of them standing there and working in silence, Varian spoke up with a bit of a sad look on his face. Cassandra was looking at him until she heard him start to speak. "So... You're excited to get the handcuffs off?" Varian asked in question form.

"Oh yeah!!! Why?" Cassandra asked.

"Nothing.... It's just... I haven't really minded them." Varian said looking over into Cassandra's eyes.

"No! It's not that! It's just. I belong out there. Adventuring, so once I get them off I can continue my adventures." Cassandra said, trying to cheer him up but noticed it wasn't working when Varian turned back around.

"So... You're leaving Corona again?" Cassandra held her hand out like she wanted to touch him to give him the support he needed, but she had nothing to say.

That's when Owl flew in interrupting the awkward moment. She dropped a letter. Varian grabbed it and opened it.

"What does it say?" Cassandra asked.

"It's an invitation, to a small fire pit tonight from Rapunzel," Varian answered while setting down the letter. "You in?"

Cassandra had a moment of hesitation then she nodded.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Varian and Cassandra were back in Varian's lab. Varian was sitting on the bed with his back to the wall, but he thought he could let Cassandra take a nice nap.

Throughout the next couple of hours, Varian mainly spent it working on deciphering the scroll. He still couldn't get the last section, he had a few ideas on what it might say, but none of them made sense like one of them was "Beware of the haunting demon cheese." Or "Love the demon cheese" Or "Pain demon cheese." or "Family demon cheese." Varian thought it might have something to do with demon cheese... but he didn't want to say anything because it made him feel stupid deep down.

Varian was sitting next to Cassandra, on the bed. He had been up looking at the scroll when he saw it was around 8:30 pm. Varian knew they were supposed to be at the firepit at nine. He nudged Cassandra waking her up. She slowly opened her eyes. "You ready to start heading out Cassie?"

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Rapunzel was pacing around the fire pit while Eugene was trying his best to eat the marshmallows before Rapunzel noticed. "Where are they!?! It's 9:01!!!!" Rapunzel said acting a little crazy.

Eugene still trying to grab the marshmallows he responded to Rapunzel. "It's not like they were going to arrive on the dot. Just give them a bit of time."

"What if they don't come!?!!?!" Rapunzel said scared.

"No, I'm sure they'll make it." Eugene said as he fell over trying to reach the marshmallows when him and Rapunzel heard footsteps. They looked over to see Cassandra and Varian walking up.

"Save us a seat." Cassandra said walking up with Varian next to her.

Rapunzel gave her friend a welcoming smile. "Please have a seat!"

Varian and Cassandra came over and sat on two separate logs around the fire, but they were still sitting close enough where the chain wouldn't pull. "Where have you two been all day? I haven't seen you since this morning." Rapunzel asked trying to start small talk, as she started grabbing the marshmallows.

"Oh? Well, we went to Xavier. Then we went to the nurse. She was really kind actually. Then we spent the rest of the day in my lab." Varian said, going along with the small talk.

"Wait the nurse? What for?" Rapunzel asked, a bit in a serious tone. Varian stayed quiet as he wanted to say, but he was afraid of things getting heated. That's when Rapunzel went from serious to a sweet and kind voice. "Varian, you can tell me."

Cassandra stood up. "If he doesn't want to tell you, he shouldn't have to!!!" Cassandra told her friend in an angry tone.

"Cass I'm just trying to help!" Rapunzel said while standing up to be able to see Cassandra's eyes.

Cassandra's eyes were full of anger. "WELL STOP HELPING!!!!! I FEEL LIKE YOU'RE JUST CROWDING MY SPACE!!!!" Cassandra yelled at her friend.

"Cassandra?!" Varian yelled trying to snap Cassandra out of it.

"I'M SORRY!!!! IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO SEE ME THEN WHY EVEN COME!!!!! MAYBE YOU SHOULD'VE STAYED ON YOUR ADVENTURE!!!!!" Rapunzel yelled out of her hurt emotions.

"Rapunzel?!?!" Eugene yelled trying to snap Rapunzel out of it.

"WELL, MAYBE I SHOULD GO THEN!!!!!!" Cassandra yelled.

That was it, both Varian and Eugene stood up. Varian started shouting. "What has gotten into you two!!!! Friends don't treat each other this way!!!!!"

Eugene continued what Varian was saying. "Yeah, I know for a fact both of you missed one another!!!! So why when you have the chance to talk!!!! Why act like this!!!!"

Cassandra and Rapunzel both looked at the ground. Eugene came up to sit with Rapunzel and grabbed her hand in a supporting manner. Varian on the other hand grabbed Cassandra's wrist and pulled her a bit into the forest where Rapunzel and Eugene could neither see nor hear them.

"Cassandra what's gotten into you!!! I have the right to know!!!!" Varian immediately snapped.

Cassandra wanted to hold it back but couldn't. "I-It's because.... I FEEL RAPUNZEL IS GETTING IN THE WAY!!!! I'M GOING, TO BE HONEST!!!! I DON'T KNOW!!!! WHEN SHE GETS AROUND YOU, I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!! THEN SHE ALSO KEEPS RUINING OUR MOMENTS BY WALKING IN!!!!! SHE HAS ALSO BEEN VERRY CLINGING TO ME!!!! I JUST WANT TIME ALONE WITH YOU!!!!!" Cassandra stopped speaking what she was thinking, as she began to blush, Varian started to smile.

Varian simply gave her a hug. When he broke the hug, he looked at her. "I get it." Varian said in a sweet and supporting voice.

"You do?" Cassandra asked.

"Yeah. I'll be honest too." Varian blushed as he scratched the back of his neck. "She has been a little.... Disruptive. I want my alone time with you." Varian said as he grabbed Cassandra's hands and held them in front of him. "I guess what I'm trying to say is..." Varian looked at Cassandra and couldn't say it. "I think your beautiful, and kind." Varian said, trying to say something else to say.

Cassandra blushed. "Aww. Thank you, Var."

"No problem I- . . . Did you call me Var?" Varian asked in a playful tone.

Cassandra blushed. "I thought I could try out, a... I don't know. A nickname."

"It sounds more like a couple-ey pet name to me." Varian said with a smirk, as he came up to her face about an inch away.

Cassandra used her hand and pushed his face back, in a playful way she said, "I mean you call me Cassie."

"I know, and who said I didn't mean it as a pet name." Varian said still smirking. Cassandra let off a little giggle. Then she looked back up at him and smiled.

"Well, we should probably head back. Promise me you'll talk to Rapunzel. You and I both know it's the right thing to do."

Cassandra gave Varian a nod along with a smile. "I promise."

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Varian and Cassandra were both sitting on their logs again. Varian was roasting a marshmallow as Eugene was sitting next to him, and Cassandra was sitting on a different log next to him, but it was far enough away where they could say something and the other wouldn't hear.

As Varian was roasting his marshmallow Eugene started to talk with Varian. "So how's it been?"

Varian looked at Eugene a bit confused. "What do you mean?"

"You know stuck with CassANDRA. Must be awful isn't it."

Varian looked over at Cass, as Varian smiled just by looking at her. "I haven't really minded it."

Eugene looked at Varian as Varian began to have a smile that warmed his heart. "Wait, do you still like Cass?" Eugene asked as he said in a bit of a teasing but playful voice.

Varian blushed. "Maybe."

Eugene looked at Varian with a laugh. "I don't know what you see in her, but why don't you just tell her?" Eugene said to his friend.

"I would, but I don't want to scare her off. I think something is going on in her head, I have an idea on what it might be, and if I'm right, I just need to be patient with her." Varian said looking over at Cassandra.

Meanwhile, Rapunzel had grabbed a marshmallow and was sitting on her own on a different log. Cassandra looked over at Rapunzel. She paused for a moment, but then said. "Hey Raps, you want to come over here," Cassandra said while patting her hand on the spot next to her.

Rapunzel gave her friend a small smile, as she walked over to it and sat down next to Cassandra. Both of them sat there with their marshmallows over the fire. They were both silent till Cassandra said in a soft voice. "I'm sorry."

Rapunzel perked her head up to look at her friend. "What?"

"I'm sorry. I haven't been the nicest to you. I didn't know what had gotten into me. I am slowly accepting what's going on." Cassandra said looking over at Varian, then she looked back at Rapunzel. "I felt like you were invading my space, but I see now, I was wrong. The truth is I missed you Raps, and I want to tell you... I'm really sorry. I have things going on, but I'm not ready to talk about them, because I'm still not sure how I feel about them. Can you accept that?"

Rapunzel looked at her friends' eyes, that was the Cassandra she remembered. "Of, course Cass." Rapunzel gave her friend a hug. When she backed away. Cassandra smiled at her.

Rapunzel stood up. "Well, I'm going to say hi to Varian."

Eugene looked over to see Rapunzel headed towards them when Varian gave Eugene a smile and Eugene got up and went to get more marshmallows.

Rapunzel came and sat next to Varian. "Hi." She said enthusiastically.

"Hi," Varian said as he grabbed his marshmallow and put it in his mouth.

"What's up with Cassandra?" Rapunzel asked out of the blue causing Varian to choke on his marshmallow.

Varian quickly got a drink of water, so it would go down his throat easily. "I'm sorry what?"

"Is she mad at me?"

"No! Did she not tell you what's going on?" Varian asked looking at Cassandra a bit sad hoping she would say something about maybe liking him and wanting alone time with him. Varian then looked at the ground a bit hurt.

"Wait? Did she tell you?" Rapunzel asked confused and a little hurt.

"Well, to be fair. We have been handcuffed and stuck together for a week." Varian said trying to gain a weak smile.

"Can you tell me?" Rapunzel asked with loving eyes.

Varian looked at Cassandra then back at Rapunzel. "I'm sorry Rapunzel, but if she wants to keep it a secret I respect her wishes," Varian said as he managed to smile.

"Is she mad at me?" Rapunzel asked like she wasn't caring about Varian's smile.

"What?! No! Where did you get that!!!" Varian said while Rapunzel wasn't even paying attention to him.

"I need to make it up to her!!!"

"I really don't think that's-"

"Thank you, Varian, for your help," Rapunzel said giving him a hug and standing up. "I should probably get a good night's rest. So, me and Eugene should get going." Rapunzel and Eugene walked away, as Cassandra scooted over to Varian.

"What did you do?"

"I SWEAR I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!!!!"

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Later that around 1 am the bedroom was pitch black, other than the moonlight shining in through the window. Cassandra was asleep on one side of the bed. Meanwhile, Varian couldn't sleep. He was lost in thought, with everything on his mind. The broken Cassandrium, still being suck with Cassandra who doesn't want to accept her feelings for him, and he still couldn't even decipher the scroll.

Varian told himself the truth for a second. While looking at Cassandra his thoughts came to his head, he told himself how he loved Cassandra more than anything. How he loves the warrior side of her. He knew he would never let her get hurt. That was it!

Varian immediately but carefully trying not to wake Cassandra up he reached under the bed and grabbed the scroll. He held it by his face, and he read it. He knew what it said. "Beware, for the ones you love and respect the most could be hurt even more than what it's used upon," Varian mumbled it to himself over and over again. Until that moment of realization struck.

Varian looked over at Cassandra sleeping soundly. When he rolled up the scroll and gave it the death stare. "I won't let anything happen to my Cassandra." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 767 19
Cass had been looking for her destiny outside of Corona for several months when she gets an invitation to Rapunzel and Eugene's wedding and decides t...
39.6K 849 20
Varian has been in jail for a while and when he escapes, he becomes friends with Rapunzel again and gets a new power. Will he be able to unlock the m...
144K 3.9K 130
Hey! This is my first story so I know it's not that great! I don't own any of the tangled series character! This is a story about a young witch beco...
174K 5K 111
We all know what happened to Varian in the first season of "Tangled: The Series." He became the villain, was defeated by Rapunzel, and thrown into pr...