Miss Weirdo Is Swayed [COMPLE...

By ThePrintedScarf

"He's hotter than Chris Evans" i thought in my mind. "cool ! you think I'm hotter than Chris Evans?" i hear... More

Chapter 1 : Meet Miss Weirdo
Chapter 2 : Guy with blue eyes and sexy smirk
Chapter 3 : The initial lie
Chapter 4 : Kevin my man !
Chapter 5 : Slutty white
Chapter 6 : My wishlist
Chapter 7 : Paying Off
Chapter 8 : Cappuccino
A/N
Chapter 9 : Those soft lips
Chapter 10 : Claire calling
Chapter 11 : Dealing with issues
Chapter 12 : Mission WISHLIST
Chapter 13 : The other side of Chris
Chapter 14 : A gift by someone
Chapter 15 : Jealousy
Chapter 16 : Dinner with Peter
Chapter 17 : I love you
Chapter 18: The Second Lie
Chapter 19 : Let's dance and get cozy
Chapter 20 : I want you
Chapter 21 : First Kiss
Chapter 22: Happy birthday darling
Chapter 23: Graduate
Chapter 24 : Job interview and revealation
Chapter 25 : Betrayal
Chapter 26 : Life goes on- Part 1
Chapter 27 : Life goes on- Part II
Chapter 28 : Reunited
Chapter 29 : A Deal
Chapter 30 : Let's sort the things out.
Chapter 31 : I feel suffocated
Chapter 32 : I'm back NYC
Chapter 33 : Say who's the best?
Chapter 34 : Girl's day out
Chapter 35 : Arguments And Dinner
Chapter 36 : Apologies
Chapter 37 : Workouts
Chapter 38 : Office and exclusive moments
Chapter 39 : Working for the delinquents
Chapter 41 : I'll be waiting for you- Part I
Chapter 42 : I'll be waiting for you- Part II
Chapter 43 : I'm Swayed
Thank You
What's up next?

Chapter 40 : Friends give you the best moments

7.2K 258 5
By ThePrintedScarf

This chapter is for you and your best friend. Today's my best frnz's b'day and what a fine day it is to update a chapter like this. Hope you enjoy this as much as i did while i wrote this.
Picture of the beautiful Jill on side. How's it??

only a few more chapters, thanks for showing your support so far. HAppy Readings !!

PS: read the author's note at the end.

**********

CHAPTER 40

************

"Grace" I heard the voice and turn to see the face I've been dying to meet since last two weeks.

"Harry!" I chirped cheerily as I approach him open handed.

We hugged each other happily and just before I could place a kiss on his cheek as I usually did when we met, it stroked me and I pulled away from him. I promised Chris I'd never share even a kiss on cheek with him. So here I'd keep my promise.

Harris smiled with narrowed eyes. Surely he did not expect a sudden change of behavior from. However he can be mature at times, so he just shrugged and ask the question I never wanted to answer.

"Where have you been?" he asked haphazardly.

I could see concern spread all over his face. Harris gets worried very easily.

As much as I wanted to tell him that I missed him a lot and wanted to talk to him so... much I cannot. I cannot tell him about why not I contacted him. I just don't want him to be felt offended by letting him know Chris asked me not to communicate with him until he gets over his assumptions.

Since I'm very bad at dodging the questions I answered the in the most ridiculous way anyone could.

"I have been here only... in New York." I said nonchalantly

He intrudes my face with a pile of confusion and I see he wants to say many things but could not blurt anything. I feel so low of me to hide the facts from my best friend and especially when it is concerned about him.

"But why didn't you talk with me? You know I was worried about you. How have you been?" he asked shoving his hands in his jeans pants.

"I have been well Harry. Sorry for getting you worried." I said with an apologetic smile.

This is the first time in my life I'm behaving like this. I cannot face him after my pathetic behavior. We have been best friends since two years and here I've not only stopped communicating him but I'm dodging all the questions he's asking to me. I never lied to Harris, if I ever did not want to tell him anything I just told him 'let's no talk about this'. But here I cannot say it because what I did was wrong and again what I am doing is wrong.

His expression changes into a sad one as I wonder what he must be thinking of me.

"But why did not you call me or... anything? He thought a minute before blurting the anything.

" I.. was busy.. kind of...how are you here by the way?" and this came out of my mouth when I was clue less what to blurt out. Pain painted all over his face before he cleared his throat and said.

"I'm here for a business meeting. I'm supposed to meet someone on behalf of my client."

I could see he wanted to ask so many questions but he simply avoided eye contact. He kept on staring at the ground and I wanted to punish myself hard for my rude behavior with my best friend. I wonder how he must be thinking about my sudden change of behavior.

But since I'm already bounded by a promise I can't talk him. I mentally console myself that I'd talk to him later when Chris would convince his shitty mind. Shit Chris, you owe an apology to Harris.

"Okay, then I do not want to take much of your time. I too have to meet someone, guess I'll leave you now. "

I stepped back to leave and see his mouth was on the floor. I smile shamelessly in order to get the same from him but who I was fooling? Neither of us wanted to smile at this moment.

I approach ahead and he stopped me "Grace.."

"yes?"

"Is.. Is something wrong?"

This is the trait that only Harris has. It's only Harris who can sniff if something's wrong with me. And lying to him is the trickiest thing I trying right now and not to mention it's working horribly.

I pasted a fake smile and said "huh? No... Everything's all right. You must be getting late to meet your client."

He shakes his head and move ahead to hold my shoulders

"You know that you can't lie to me?"

I exhaled and nodded and heard him chuckling.

He takes his hands off and asked "what is it Grace?"

I closed my eyes and imagine what shall I do? Here I've already promised my love that I won't talk to best friend until he clears his shitty mind. And by doing it I'm constantly hurting my best friend. I just can't do this; I can't see Harris's hurt face. I can't hurt a friend who was always there for me in the years of my loneliness. And whatever Chris is thinking is incorrect too. Plus he never told me not to meet Harris, so I will just talk Harris and explain him everything so he doesn't feel bad. Yes I will talk him and make him understand everything and then will keep my promise later.

"I don't think you'll like it." I said finally as I opened my eyes.

He smiles and said "it's not that if I like it or not. Just tell me, I can't see you like this."

I nodded as I realize how much I wanted to tell him the consequence I was going through. Although I promised Chris for not talking him, but I can't stand the fact of hurting my best friend who has always been with me. But because I love Chris, I shall keep my promise but shall also explain everything to Harris so he doesn't feel bad.

"Okay, but let's finish up with our meetings."

He dragged me slowly to the seat he was sitting and said while he sat opposite to me "oh he's not here. I can talk with my buddy till then."

I smile with him. It's an infectious smile I get when I am with Harris.

"Who are you supposed to meet?" I asked while getting comfortable in my spot.

"I'm here on behalf of my client Mr. Roger Evans to meet Mr. Chris Carter, your current boss I guess."

I didn't know the reason but I giggled at the destiny. Harris is the one I'm supposed to meet today for the deal as Roger Evans is not here. Now I have an explanation to myself that I'm here to discuss business with Harris. It's a situation of urgency and I haven't broken my promise I did to Chris. I mentally giggled and the giggles escape from my lips.

"What's so funny? Why are you here by the way?" Harris asked

"I'm here to meet you."

He furrowed his brows and asked "how did you know I was here?"

No doubt Harris is a lawyer and very good at his work, but with me he's dumb than a dumber.

"you know you're an idiot?"

"yes." He giggled and I smiled to see his enthusiasm while he's been referred as an Idiot.

"I'm here to meet your client on behalf of my boss since he was busy today, he asked me to settle this deal on his behalf."

"You mean Mr. Chris Carter?" he asked with a sly grin.

I narrowed my eyes as I notice his grin and answered "yes, I'm here on his behalf to discuss the tie up."

He nodded and sipped the glass of water.

"Now when we're here we shall probably eat something before we start the discussion." Harris said before clearing his throat.

I nodded and he continued "and till then, we shall discuss what's bothering you?"

I nodded and answered "its.. it's about Chris."

I did not know where to start from because this is a long talk so I started with the one around whom everything rotates.

"Chris?" Harris asked with an amusing smile

"Harris! I'm trying to tell you something, don't enjoy my disgraceful situation." I growled

"Oh! so our dear Grace is in disgrace." He laughed

I gritted my teeth and glared him "speak another shit and I won't tell you anything."

He apologized with a smile and I wonder how easily his behavior changes. Just ten minutes ago his face had sadness plastered over it because I wasn't talking him in the way I should. And now because we're talking in our usual way he's his old self. And this is why I couldn't hurt Harris. He's a very good person and smile suits him best.

"Chris is my boyfriend." I continued and see him smiling.

"what?" I asked confused

He shakes his head and replied "I know that, but how did all this happen?"

Before I could answer him I asked him back immediately "wait! You knew it? How?"

He chuckled "come on Grace, everyone knows it. Don't you read the tabloids?"

I mentally groaned as I recall what used to be printed in tabloids two weeks ago regarding me and Chris. Some of them even made me pregnant. However since the night I'd complained about it to Chris, it all stopped.

"yeah, so I think you must be knowing a lot?"

He seemed to have gotten a clue that I certainly did not like the printed facts, he got straightened and shakes his head to say "hey! I'm Sorry, I know they print shit. Don't even think I'll believe anything they print, I don't need a tabloid to believe that you love him."

I raised my head to meet his twinkling eyes. There seems happiness, the sort of happiness when it gets happy for others.

"How did you know?"

"Or why would you leave your everything and come back with him here? Till that day I always used to believe that there exists no one who can control you but I was proved wrong that day."

I smile at his observation. This is only Harris who can see every little thing in my life and I'm proud to have a friend like him. I mentally think how idiotically I was behaving a while ago by avoiding him.

He squeezed my hand and said "I am very happy for you Grace. I can see that genuine smile in your eyes which wasn't there two years back. I can see you love him a lot, does he loves you as much as you?"

I nodded and smiled happily at his sensible question "I think he loves me more."

He nodded and asked while chuckling "so that kind of psychotic behavior isn't regular?"

I recall the day when Chris practically dragged me out of my old office and behaved like someone out from cell. I chuckled and shake my head no.

"That's good then. Now tell me about everything." He asked while digging into the salad we ordered while we discussed the tie up agreement.

"Go read the tabloids." I said laughing.

He groaned "I don't believe any of them tell me everything."

"Everything?" I asked cocking an eyebrow

"Yes. How you two started dating, then why are you here, and again what's disturbing you?"

I nodded and inhaled deeply before telling him everything. It took me full fifteen minutes to explain about how we met in the park and how he proposed me and then lied to me and again he found me. But as I started telling him about the real problem and why did not I contact him in any of these days he clutched his hair and sighed at every three seconds.

As I finish speaking I reach ahead to give his hand a squeeze.

He cleared his throat and said in a low voice "I now get the reason of his growling on me"

With narrowed eyes I asked "Growling? Did you talk with him?"

He shifted in his seat before he unclasped his hand and said "I tried calling you since the day you left CA. initially I called on your number but he growled at me and told me to fuck off. Then your number changed and I managed to get his personal number to call him and ask about you, but he again hung-up the phone with the same reply. I knew you weren't aware of me calling for you, because you'd never overlook my calls. Then again I saw the tabloids and news and went a little parano-"

I did not hear him complete his sentence because my mind started drawing meanings. I heard Chris yell at someone in his private jet and then he behaved like an idiot, it was Harris he was yelling at. Harris tried to call me, he even called on Chris's number to see if I was well or not but not once did Chris let me know about this. And he was expecting me to stop talking Harris, when he himself wasn't behaving truthfully.

He promised me he wouldn't lie.

"Grace." Harris shakes my hand and I got back into my senses.

"Yeah?"

"I was saying don't spoil your relation because of this. It's okay, we won't talk until he's cool with everything, you know."

"But he lied again; he promised me that he wouldn't."

"He did not lie to you Grace. He did not tell you, I can understand. Guys can sometimes me possessive for their girl. Go and discuss everything peacefully with him. I'm sure there must be a reason he didn't tell you for."

He better have a reason or I think this is going to be his last day. I'm not going to argue with Chris over all of it again because he already asked for some time. But he better have a reason for not telling me that Harris called me.

"He's the first person who doesn't like me. Strange isn't it? But what's wrong to care for your best friend?"

"He's a stupid jerk,.... Sometimes."

"He is." Harris shakes his head frantically

I nodded and decided to divert the communication because Harris said sorry for eighth time.

"I guess why you haven't found any girl till now."

He laughed and said "I don't think there exists a girl as sexy as me. They're all good for a night, you know those bimbos, with high heels, skimpiest outfit, and popping out boobs, they're really fun."

"You haven't found girl because your eyes never reaches to a girl's face."

"Huh?" he asked confused

"How would you see if a girl's pretty or not when your eyes are always busy in determining the size of her breasts."

He laughed and I joined him in between. Harris is sure my best friend but did I mention he's the biggest flirt ?

"Umm.. Grace Roberts?" I heard a soft voice from my behind and my laughing subsidized. I followed Harris's eyes and turn my head.

Oh no ! oh no ! no no no !!! this is not a dream. I widen my eyes, my jaws dropped before squealed.

"JILL"

I jumped up and hugged her. We both kept laughing while we gave each other a bone crushing hug until we heard the most irritating voice from my behind.

"uhh.. girls, you can sit here you know."

Groaning I pulled away and turn around to glare Harris for destroying our amazing heart filled moment. What do you really expect me to do when I meet my first friend ever. This kind of reaction is normal.

"it's great to see you, you're beautiful." I nearly screeched and Jill giggled in reply.

"thanks, and you too, you look amazing."

"wouldn't you ask me to join you?" Jill asked with her beautiful smile. She used to look amazing the way she smiled but now her smile is even more enthusiastic. The way her subtle lips moves to display her straight teeth is really pretty.

"oh yeah, please join us." I pulled Jill and made her sit beside me facing Harris. I see Harris scanning Jill's face constantly. Not once did he take his eyes off of her face.

Wait! He's watching her face.

And here someone was telling God hasn't made any girl as sexy as him.

Damn men and Damn their ego.

Before I could introduce both of them Jill spoke "Grace , aren't you going to ask why am I here?"

"Ah! Yes. I never thought we'd meet like this and trust I am so happy to meet you again. But yes, why are you here?" I asked

She smiled and I see it isn't the same smile she used to give me when we're in college. It seems mature now, earlier it was much like a childish smile but of course, she looks beautiful in any kind of smile it is.

"Miss Claire, she asked me to meet you up."

My mind went back to the communication had with Claire in the car. She asked to me about meeting a wedding planner. Is Jill a wedding planner?

"Are you the wedding planner?" I asked surprised

She smiled and answered "yes, why? Isn't that obvious?"

I giggled and asked "I never knew you're into all wedding stuffs."

She shrugged and mumbled something which sounded 'me too' to me.

I decided not to intrude into why and how she turned into a wedding planner; the one she never wanted to be and settled to introduce her to the man gawking her face since past three minutes.

"Umm.. Jill, meet Harris my best friend and the biggest flirt in the world." I said while showing my index finger to Harris.

She reaches out her hand to give him a handshake along with a hello. And just before I could introduce Harris to Jill he himself blurted.

"Hi Jill, I'm Harris Greene, you really have mesmerizing eyes." Harris said huskily as he brought Jill's hand to his lips and plant a soft kiss on her hand.

As soon as she pulled her hand apart I scan Harris's face and he gave me a I-did-not-do-anything kind of expression.

We giggled simultaneously and Harris rubs his nape. I see Harris can get nervous at times. And why wouldn't he be? Jill has turned into a beautiful piece of art. Her purple eyes are properly decorated with correct amount of mascara and liner. And her blond hair is put into the most perfect waves I have ever seen.

She shakes her head and said with smile "it should be the biggest flirt in the galaxy."

Harris smile and continued to stare over her face. I stopped giving attention to Harris because his full attention was already on Jill. And I was busy discussing everything with Jill. She told me about the flowers those would suit, and then she told me about the kind of gown Claire already asked her to get. We settled for another meeting in two days, which would include Claire as well.

Time flew so quickly that I never realized it had been one complete hour since I was here and I even forgot I had to be back to my office. Well this is what happens when you are with your friends.

"I saw your photos in journals, is he the same Chris you used to talk about?" Jill asked with a surprising smile.

I nodded and she continued "I'm so happy for you. He's such a keeper. Not everyone is as lucky as you."

Her face fell as she spoke those words and flipped her head to match Harris's gaze who stare her sternly. There's definitely a difference in her behavior, she is no more the over excited, chirpy Jill she used to be. She seems to be more of a matured Jill, which I never imagined two years back. To break the awful moment Harris opened his mouth and cracked unusual jokes which made both of us laugh hard.

"You know I really had fun after a long time." I said and both of them agreed the same for hem too.

Just before Jill could utter something she was going to, we heard a slam on the table that made me flinch.

I held up my head and see him with red face burning with anger.

*************

A/N : Hey guys how was the chapter ?? hope you liked it. I wanted to to ask if you're cool with Harris's cast. I'm asking it so that i could change it still now as Harris is a very important character and there will be the sequel on his story. So kindly tell me, if you'd like to see anyone else than Andrea Denver (current Cast) as Harris. I'll give you options, select from these :-

a. Andrea Denver( current Harris)

b. Chase Crawford

c. Sam Clifton

d. Alex Pettyfer

Do suggest because i won't change the cast later this book finishes up.

Thanks for reading. Keep being that awesome person you are. !!

XXXX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 2.9K 73
[COMPLETE & EDITED] *smut and fluff* *kind of slow burn* *chris evans X original character* All Caroline wants is a fresh beginning, she is tired of...
9.8M 250K 36
After surviving a tsunami together, art collector Genevieve and CEO Tristan face endless hurdles back home in the shape of vengeful exes and dark fam...
271K 5.1K 104
"I didn't want a fight." I look down in my lap sadly, "That's one of the reasons why I didn't want to tell you." Chris walks over and sits...
3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...