Indifference

By behzingasidemen

She was a nurse trying her best to adapt to the London lifestyle He was a famous YouTuber. When a friends hol... More

❣️Introductions❣️
❣️OnE
❣️TwO
❣️ThReE
❣️FiVe
❣️SiX
❣️SeVeN
❣️EiGhT
❣️NInE
❣️TeN
❣️ElEvEn
❣️TwElVe
❣️ThIrtEEn
❣️FoUrTeEn
❣️FiFTEen
❣️SiXTeeN
❣️SeVeNteEn
❣️EiGhtEen
Important update
❣️NiNeteeN
❣️TweNtY
💫Mental health💫
❣️TwEnTY-OnE
❣️TweNTy-Two
❣️TwENTY-Three
❣️update-pending
❣️TweNty-FOuR
Makeup 😏
Twenty-five

❣️FoUr

6.7K 75 2
By behzingasidemen

Freezy five is literally doing me in at the moment....but alas I'm battling through. Here's a chapter. Enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~

Addelyn groaned as she turned her alarm off for the 5th time this morning. It was blaring and she was sensitive and to no surprise couldn't handle it. She had a prominent, thumping headache and felt severely hungover. Her night with Talia was catching up quickly.

It had been so long since she'd been able to let herself go and enjoy a night off with friends however so she didn't mind the hangover that followed.

She finally slid from the side of her bed, drawing the cover back to it's original spot, a rather lazy attempt at making the bed as she grabbed a towel from the stool at the end of it before heading to the shower. There isn't any hangover in the world that can't be cured by a warm shower and a coffee. Luckily for Addelyn she had both in a close radius so she was thankful as she entered the bathroom.

The music on her phone was a quiet hum outside the door, vague but still there, the water running down her bronze, toned skin like glaciers of resolution resting on the infringement of a condensed windowsill. The warmth clung to her body instantly and she relaxed with the temperature change.

She was never one to take long showers so after rinsing her hair from knots and clumps, she exited with a large sigh before wiping her face with the hand towel.

Her teeth were more of a hassle in the mornings. She had to floss, whiten and brush. After serious words with her management about considering veneers in turkey, she was adamant she'd uphold her dental health to keep them in pristine condition. Management seemed happy enough with this and stopped bothering her about it shortly after her braces were removed at her graduation.

Another thing she'd payed for herself. Braces.

With the phone in her hand, she made her way back to the bedroom to dry her hair before making herself a coffee for the morning.

Her bedroom was organised enough.

The room wasn't as homely as she'd liked it to be but with touch ups and decorations in the near future she was sure she could make but for now it was large enough for her and in good enough condition to not be complaining.

The trees in the bedroom weren't real, they were fake plastic plants from IKEA to match the nature tone she had set out for the open space. The bed was king sized and the headboard was white plastic tiling which resembled one. Her drawers were on the far end of the bedroom with her tv and belongings on and a large cream rug lay beneath her bed, acting as an aesthetic.

Apartments in London were usually expensive with very little space due to limitations on land, so when she seen the size of the bedroom and bathroom she was more than happy with the pricing. It was affordable and homely, somewhere which she enjoyed coming back to at the end of a long day.

Her phone rang shortly after she'd dried her hair and she wasn't shocked to see it was Talia. It was a FaceTime call so she wrapped a bath robe around her chest quickly, just incase Simon was in her company. Quite evidently, Talia hadn't yet moved from bed and was also suffering the same fate as Addelyn herself. Both hungover and extremely temperamental.

"I can't begin to tell you how ill I feel" Talia groaned down the phone "what convinced us to drink that much?"

"If I remember rightly I'm pretty sure it was you"Addelyn chuckled lowly.

Currently the sound of her own voice was hurting her head.

"I'm sure it was you who suggested a drinking game. I'm telling you it was the sambucca that has me feeling this way" Talia argued back.

"She threw up you know" Simon came into the shot, bare shoulder hanging over Talia's own.

"That's a rogue call" Addelyn laughed "you threw up, what a loser"

"Oi, fuck off" Talia groaned wearily "says the one who's sat in her bathrobe at half 11"

"Well yeah, I have work" Addelyn rolled her eyes "Cant just call in sick can I?"

"Yeah, course you can" Simon encouraged immediately.

"Shut up minter, anyways is that all you wanted me for?" Addelyn asked "if so I'm going to make a coffee and get on with my day"

"No, I was calling to say I love you actually but never mind" Talia sighed, a slight smirk on her face "bye ugly"

"Bye tart"

With that, the phone call ended and Addelyn was free to carry on with her day as planned.

Coffee in the morning, attending to some chores and the shoot for the latest swimwear model. Luckily for her, the photographers were really friendly and she actually enjoyed interacting with them, some of them were so prestige and self absorbed that she had been tempted to walk off set on several occasions. She quite quickly had to become accustomed to composure and how to handle it efficiently.

The house was never messy due to living alone, so housework had taken her to around 2pm and she was left with a couple free hours to spend some time doing what she pleased.

Incoming DM - Ksi : Oi, you know that sandwich, I still haven't forgiven you.

To Ksi - you really messaged me on your Instagram account to talk to me about a sandwich. Get lost loser.

From Ksi - I'm not impressed Dee, not impressed. No. All seriousness, I was just wondering if you had a spare controller for PlayStation. Simon said Talia mentioned something about you game.

To Ksi - you could buy one?

From Ksi - I only need it for a video. Lemme know if you have, I'll call over and grab it :)

To Ksi - Yeah I do, if you can drop it back later? Or I'll pick it up on the way home. Cya soon.

From Ksi - cheers fam.

With that she shut her phone off. It was rather random JJ asking her for anything, the two were friends but not close. She didn't oppose to the friendship, it's just he seemed rather above Simon and Talia status wise so she wasn't sure if he was aware of his peers. Turned out he was, and she was shocked by this. The nickname was new also. Dee? It was unusual but quite artistic when she thought of it, so she'd allow him the privilege if that's what his chosen nickname was going to be. Better than Tate.

When he pulled up, he was quick to ring the bell, and she let him in, her gym set now wrapped on her bronzed figure. She only needed to travel so her appearance until the shoot wasn't really something she had to worry about.

"Come in, I made coffee, you fancy one"

" you know what, I'm alright thanks." he chuckled, his laugh almost sounding like the direct imitation of scooby doo's

(if you know JJ you know this laugh)

"How come you asked me of all people" Addelyn asked walking from her living room.

"You're the closest to our apartment, all the boys are having a fifa match on stream so no one else has a spare controller"

"Seems like fun" she shrugged.

"More than welcome to join" he offered.

"I would, but I'm working later so I'd only last a few matches" she spoke easily "have fun though"

"Cya. Thanking you Dee"

"See ya JJ"

With that she closed the door and took her way back to the kitchen, she'd just baked some croissants whilst watching a stream on her iPad.

On occasions, if she found one she liked she'd send in donations with nice comments, just a way of being thoughtful and making people's days. She knew how important streaming was to some people.

5pm neared closely and she grabbed her Starbucks
tumbler from the kitchen cupboard, placing some cold flavoured water in it before exiting to the car.

She was excited for the photoshoot. She had to admit modelling was a lot more enjoyable than her regular 9-5. Less demanding and something she actually enjoyed a lot more, however she didn't go to study modelling at a degree level. It was a waste of time to be a model full time if she spent so many years focusing on a career she thought she wanted. Maybe she didn't? She wasn't sure.

She hated to admit it but her job since Talia had mentioned it yesterday was playing on her mind heavily. She had little to no free time, no experience and bad mental health due to it. It was rewarding on the contrary and she did enjoy helping sick children. If she wasn't doing this job anymore, she'd be lost on how she could give back to society, she had a caring nature, it was inherited from her brothers. She had spent a lot of time with people like volunteer helpers as a child so it was only natural she wanted to give back to society in some form.

She always looked for new jobs or alternatives in haste when she had a poor day at work but never acted on the rash decision. She did it as some form of escape, that she felt like she had an option if it did in some way find it's way to becoming too much for her to handle.

She had an option at her doorstep, she just didn't know it.

Published - 26th April 2021
Time : 19:44pm
Word count : 1591

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 18.8K 62
Not all goes to plan when Mila Harvey gets whisked away on an all expenses paid holiday with her two best friend's, a group of people she's neve...
145K 2.1K 31
the pair meet under far from ideal circumstances, yet apollo finds comfort in the man who saves her one night. [harry lewis x oc]
209K 3.8K 53
Two people. Different fears. Different lives. One lived through a life where everything felt like it was crumbling at the seams and felt like a cons...
225K 3K 32
"we're just friends!" lower case intended started: 19/06/2020 #2 in wroetoshaw #8 in zerka #19 in harrylewis