Merlin FanFic

By offintowonderland

Merlin tries to hid his magic from Arthur on a daily basis and saves his life. he works hard to Arthur so whe... More

Merlin FanFic
Merlin FanFic -- The beast --
Merlin FanFic -- Arthur --
Merlin FanFic -- Secret revealed --
Merli FanFic -- Be Gone --
Merlin FanFic -- Leaving Camelot --
Merlin FanFic -- Mother --
Merlin FanFic -- Feelings --
Merlin FanFic -- Morgana --
Merlin FanFic -- Idiots --
Merlin FanFic -- Trouble --
Merlin FanFic -- Choices --
Merlin FanFic -- Life --
Merlin FanFic -- Another Falling Out --
Merlin FanFic -- Poison --
Merlin Fanfic -- Frustration --
Merlin FanFic -- First Kiss --
Merlin FanFic -- Hell Yeah! --
Merlin FanFic -- Wake Up --
Merlin FanFic -- Choosing Sides --
Merlin FanFic -- Leave Now --
Merlin FanFic -- Oh no you don't --
Merlin FanFic -- Feeling Lost --
Merlin FanFic -- Being Honoured --
Merlin FanFic -- Magic restored --
Merlin Fanfic -- More Drama Coming... --
Merlin Fanfic -- Hooded Figure --

Merlin FanFic -- She's Gone --

1.9K 40 9
By offintowonderland

Hey there!

I know that i promised to update this story ages ago and i am sorry but i didnt have the time :/

Hope you all enjoy

vote

comment

fan

next person to fan gets the dedication.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24 –

       Morgana smiled when she saw Merlin when she opened the door, she wad glad that he had come and she knew that he would not come alone. She scanned the area around her but found no one but she knew that meant nothing, the knights of Camelot were very good at hiding. Morgana had put the children to sleep in the cabin and placed a sleeping spell so that they wouldn’t wake up for a few hours so they could fight. She also knew that if the children saw their father, they would want to go with him or want to know why they were fighting and she could not risk that. She could not risk losing her children. She glared at Merlin and gave him a cold smile.
“I knew that you would come eventually.” Merlin felt sick to his core when he looked at her cold smile and all he could feel was bad aura off her, she had fallen into rage and hatred and it had also consumed her.
“Give me the children Morgana.” Merlin warned. He knew that he was the distraction and bait while some of the knights went and retrieved his children, he could trust Arthur with their lives. Just then the knights strode foreword and surrounded Merlin and glared at Morgana.
“Do as he says Morgana or we will use force.” Percival warned and Morgana just chuckled.
“You knights wouldn’t be able to harm me.”

“But I would.” Merlin warned. She gave Merlin a cold stare and he could feel it go right through him making him shiver.
“Scared?” She cooed.
“Not at all Morgana, not of you.” He shot back.
“Are you going to give me the children or not?” Merlin had reached the end of his patience. She just laughed and she knew that she was pushing all of the right buttons, getting him to where she wanted him.
“Come and get them.” The knights let out a battle cry and ran foreword towards the witch but she was faster and threw them backwards with her magic. Merlin then stepped foreword. He looked at her and gave her a small smile.
“Goodbye Morgana.” He titled his head back and he felt the strong magic throw her back and he watched as she came down on the ground hard. He knew that he had started a battle, just right where he wanted her. Clambering to her feet Morgana was outraged and screamed as she let her magic flow free through her letting out all the hatred that she had making her powerful. Merlin hadn’t realised how powerful she had become and he flew backwards and came down on a rock hard. He groaned as he felt the pain shoot through his ribs and accepted the fact that they were broken. He struggled to his feet to see Morgana smiling happily.
“Not this time.” He whispered and let the magic flow but she just backhanded the magic away.

           Arthur crept foreword with Leon towards the back of the cabin. He looked around the side of the cabin to see Morgana use her magic to throw Merlin and Arthur watched helplessly as Merlin collided with the ground. He watched anxiously to see if he would get up but he wasn’t and he couldn’t see him move and Arthur started to panic. Morgana was about to turn around and see him when Merlin fired back struggling to sit up, Arthur breathed a sigh of relief.  He gave Leon the nod and they headed towards the back door making sure to open it quietly. Arthur listened for any sounds but heard none, so they headed inside. Leon followed close behind Arthur scanning the cabin watching his flank then tapped Arthur’s shoulder when he saw the children sleeping soundly on the bed. Arthur looked round then saw the children and he was happy to see them and made his way over to them. He shook Isolde’s shoulder gently to wake her but he got no response so he tried Tristan but got nothing, frowning Arthur tried again but a little harder but got nothing. He checked to see if they were breathing and was relieved that they were and he looked at Leon confused. Leon glanced at the children.
“Morgana’s magic.” Arthur should have known and he knew that they were wasting time just standing there so Arthur picked up Isolde while Leon got Tristan. They made it to the back door with no issues and Arthur thought that it had been too easy and that they shouldn’t have made it outside without something going wrong. He was proven right when a whit dragon appeared out of no where and roared at them. Arthur and Leon looked at each other in shock and made a run for it towards the trees but the dragon blocked their exit and pushed them towards the clearing and Morgana. Some of the knights that were hiding in the trees came to their aid but were attacked by the dragon and knocked out cold or injured from the fire that he breathed. Arthur knew that he had to do something as he was running out of options and was getting to close to being seen by Morgana. He tried to spring foreword and dodge the dragon but failed. They had no choice but to head to the clearing.

         Morgana heard the sound of her dragon and smiled and looked down at Merlin was on the ground trying to recover from a blow.
“I knew that you brought company.” She turned around and saw Arthur and Leon being herded into the clearing.
“You brought royalty Merlin. Just the man I wanted to kill.” Merlin tried not to breathe too hard as his ribs were screaming at him and he could feel the hope fading as Arthur and Leon were closed in between Morgana and the dragon. He willed himself to get up and he struggled to his feet but made it and Morgana wasn’t aware that he had gotten up; she was too interested in Arthur. She strode foreword smiling like the Cheshire cat until she got to Arthur and Leon.
“Well, well. Looks like we have company, shame you won’t be around for long. Give me the children Arthur.” She demanded and Arthur shook his head.
“No Morgana. You have done enough damage, leave the children out of this.”
“But they are my children Arthur, you cannot take them away from me.”
“No. But I can!” Merlin roared as he stood strong. He glared at the dragon and used his dragon tongue to tame down the dragon. The dragon looked at Merlin in surprise as he could understand him. The dragon then realised that he would be able to communicate with him but when he tried to speak , the words would not come out. The dragon treid again in frustration but failed and started to get upset. Arthur looked at the dragon and look it in the wrong way and thought the dragon was angry so he passed Isolde to Leon and drew his sword.
“No!” Merlin yelled at Arthur and when he looked across he saw Merlin completely focused on the dragon. Merlin then understood that the dragon could communicate properly as he hadn’t been around other dragons or near a dragon lord to learn. He glared at Morgana.
“Look at what you have done! He Arthisua should have been with his own kind not you! Have you kept him from me all this time?” Morgana nodded.
“He was beautiful and I just wanted to have him to myself.” Merlin shook his head in rage.
“You have done enough Morgana. Leave now!” Morgana was shocked when Merlin ordered her leave, she felt the power within his words and they were very powerful but she stood strong.
“Give me the children Emrys.” She demanded. He was now shaking with rage and he could feel the magic building within him and he focused the rage on Morgana. The dragon also felt the power and fled to behind Merlin where he knew he would be safe and cared for properly. Morgana looked at the dragon in disbelief and was outraged that the dragon had picked him and not her. Arthur could also feel the magic building and he knew that it would be a good idea to get the children out as well as the knights.
“Fall back!” He yelled and headed for the trees covering Leon’s back and the knights followed close behind. Once they were safe in the trees they all braced themselves for the impact and prayed that they would survive.

              Morgana could feel the magic too and she wasn’t sure that she was going to make it out alive but she wasn’t going to give up without a fight. She stood her ground determined not to be intimidated by him.

“Last chance Morgana. Leave.” Merlin couldn’t recognise his own voice it was that cold, he seemed like a different person and he wasn’t sure if it was a good thing but he was too outraged too care. He watched as Morgana stood defiantly and he then got his answer and she sealed her own fate. The magic rushed through his veins and he could feel the power and he could feel his eyes turn gold as he shouted a spell in the ancient tongue and aimed it at Morgana. He didn’t know what he was doing, he was allowing the magic to what it willed and let the magic be controlled by his emotions. There was a bright light which almost blinded Merlin and he had to move his arm to shield his eyes from the light. The knights that were hidden in the trees had to shield their eyes too from the bright light that Merlin had created and they looked on in awe at the sheer power that he had created. He then heard the screams of Morgana and he watched the light slowly dim down until the world was back to normal. He scanned the area for Morgana but she was no where to be seen and there was nothing left to trace her, it was like she had vanished off the face of the earth. Merlin then felt his body drain of energy from the amount of power that he had used and sagged foreword but to be caught by Arthisua. He looked at the dragon that looked at him full of hope and Merlin could only give him a small smile. Percival then came out of the trees making sure that she had gone and that everything was safe for his king and the children. He looked out across the vast clearing and couldn’t find a single trace of Morgana. He then looked foreword and saw Merlin sagged against the dragon and he shouted out to Arthur who came running foreword. Arthur knew that shout and he knew that something was wrong. He stopped beside Percival and looked out and saw nothing but then his eyes fell on Merlin and he felt the panic rise up inside him as he raced to his side.
“Merlin?” He asked frantic and Merlin’s eyes fluttered open much to his relief and gave a weak smile.
“Still here.” Arthur chuckled and looked warily at the dragon that was focused on Merlin.
“Don’t harm him, he doesn’t understand.” Merlin mumbled and Arthur nodded and slowly offered his hand to the dragon that looked at it warily and Arthur slowly placed the hand on the dragon’s neck and gave him a gentle stroke. The dragon made a purring sound and closed his eyes in comfort. Arthur took his hand away and gently reached out for Merlin but the dragon growled in warning. Arthur took a step back and looked at the other knights who were watching the dragon warily.

“He doesn’t mean any harm according to Merlin and we will let the dragon take him back as I think he will try to eat any of us that try to help him.” The knights nodded and headed off back into to the trees to gather the horses and make sure that the children were safe. Arthur bent down next to Merlin.
“Tell him not to eat any of us.” He heard Merlin give a weak chuckle before he spoke to the dragon in dragon tongue and Arthur watched in awe. The dragon then stood up and scooped up Merlin so he was on the dragons back before looking at Arthur.

“He will follow you.” Merlin murmured before falling into unconsciousness. Arthur knew he had to get Merlin back to Camelot as soon as possible so he could rest so he set off with the dragon in tow and saddled up making sure that the children were safe and then rode off back in the direction of Camelot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote

comment

fan

Thanks for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 1.3K 15
COMPLETE: Exiled from Camelot in the aftermath of a life changing attack, Merlin has spent the last year in hiding, tortured by an instinct he couldn...
530K 15.3K 129
When Merlin ventured back to Ealdor to help fight off Kanen, he returned to Camelot with someone else, his little sister, Miriam. With a fiery perso...
50.6K 1.8K 13
Arthur and Merlin are connected by a Magic stronger than any other but while Merlin tries his best to keep his Soulmate alive, Arthur ignores his sou...
109K 4.5K 7
What will Arthur do to save his manservant from a curse? Will Arthur finally realize how he feels about Merlin? How can a simple tradition turn deadl...