A Ghouls Cry | Kaneki Ken

By Yoon-ki-Min

All it took was one day for Hizake Rima's life to take a turn for the worst. Being a human in a world filled... More

ATTENTION
|Chapter 1|
|Chapter 2|
|Chapter 3|
|Chapter 4|
|Chapter 5|
|Chapter 6|
|Chapter 7|
|Chapter 8|
|Chapter 9|
|Chapter 10|
|Chapter 11|
|Chapter 12|
|Chapter 13|
|Chapter 14|
|Chapter 15|
|Chapter 16|
|Chapter 17|
Please Read!!!!!!
|Chapter 18|
|Chapter 19|
|Chapter 20|
|Chapter 22|
|Chapter 23|
|Chapter 24|
|Chapter 25|
|Chapter 26|
|Chapter 27|
|Chapter 28|
|Chapter 29|
|Chapter 30|
|Chapter 31|
|Chapter 32|
|Chapter 33|
|Chapter 34|
|Chapter 35|
|Chapter 36|
|Chapter 37|
|Chapter 38|
|Chapter 39|
|Chapter 40|
|Chapter 41|
|Chapter 42|
|Chapter 43|
|Chapter 44|
|Chapter 45|
|Chapter 46|
|Chapter 47|
|Chapter 48|
|Chapter 49|
|Chapter 50|
|Chapter 51|
Sequel!!!

|Chapter 21|

4K 190 17
By Yoon-ki-Min

"F-fine... but... You gave to call me next. Okay?"

"Okay. I will. Goodnight Rima."

Rima smiled lightly as she looked out at the moon.

"Goodnight Haise-kun...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rima walked back into her room from giving Akira her phone, and sat down at the edge of her bed running a light hand through her long hair. Rima needed to cut it soon. It was getting to long and in the way. Letting her hair fall from her fingers, Rima stood up and walk towards her window.

Opening the window and letting the fresh cool air in helped clear Rima's mind. Sighing softly, she crossed her arms and rested them on the window sill, laying her head on them.

Rima was starting to get another headache. It was most likely from being too excited that she finally got to leave the hospital. Though talking to Sasaki helps, he was also another reason why she was starting to get a headache.

Over the days she thought about it, Rima realised that the Kaneki Ken boy that Rima has dreams and hallucinations of, isn't the same as Sasaki Haise. Kaneki Ken when Rima thinks of him... she feels a sense of longing, a sense of unfinished business. But she could understand why... if her memory is true, and he was murdered at such a young age, there would be lots of unfinished things.

Though Rima couldn't understand her exact relation with him, she knew they were close - very close. All she truly wanted was to just know more about him. Why she was constantly being reminded of him?

Now Sasaki Haise, when Rima thinks of him.. everything is confusing and blurry. When Rima is around Sasaki, she feel like she can connect with him better then she can with most. Like he knows exactly what she's going through. And when he kissed her, it gave her a sense of steadiness. Like whatever is going on with her... it'll be okay. Sasaki gives off the vibe that no matter what, he'll always be there... beside her... helping her...

Rima closed her eyes, breathing in a deep breath, slowly exhaling.

The two things that both Kaneki Ken and Sasaki Haise have in common... Are their looks. Besides the obvious facial features the two have, they both share the same kind eyes. That when they look at you, you just feel happy. An their actions - from what Rima could remember of Kaneki Ken, he would always try to protect everyone. Rima remember this one memory she had, about a week after she woke up.

Rima was cornered by two big burley men. Now as horrifying as that already sounds, that wasn't the worst thing. Both of the two men were Ghouls... and they were planing to eat her. The closet had his Kagune out and swinging it dangerously close to Rima who could only press herself farther into the brick wall desperately trying to keep the tears from falling.

"My, my... How sweet you smell. We caught a good one tonight didn't we brother?"He asked, a big nasty smile of his face. The other man - his brother - laughed snotily, walking closer to Rima grabbing her wrist and pulling her into his arms.

Rima fought desperately to get free. She tried kicking his shins, punching his face, but that only seemed to anger him. Suddenly, he threw Rima to the ground making her land painfully on her back.

"Yeah we did. Can we eat her now? I'm hungry..."

As the one stepped on Rima's right shoulder, grabbing her right hand and pulling it up, the other one picked Rima's leg up ready to take a bite out of it. Rima didn't know what to do - what could she do it this moment?

A loud thud was heard a few feet away from them. The two ghouls stopped and turned their heads towards the sound.

"Hey... who's ever there... I suggest you leave... this is our meal."The youngest brother snarled, angry that his dinner got interrupted.

Out of the shadows a figure shrouded in black shot forward knocking the younger ghoul over then instantly jumping away. Shocked and quickly getting back to his feet, the youngest brother chased after the figure despite his brothers pleas to come back.

"You idiot what if they're do...ves..."His sentence was cut short as his brother landed beside him. It wouldn't have been so bad, if not for the large gaping hole in the middle of his chest where his heart should be. Rima gasped loudly as the eldest brother let go of her arm, walking over to his dead brother.

Rima took the chance to crawl as far away as she could as the brother stood grieving over his dead siblings body. Landing behind him quietly, the black cloaked figure stood behind the brother. He wouldn't have even noticed the figure behind him if it wasn't for Rima's loud intake of breath. Turning around on his heels, the eldest brother prepared for an attack getting his fists ready... but he was to slow.

The figure in black shot his hand out quickly, instantly piercing the brother straight in the chest just like where his brother's was. Rima watched in horror as the man gurgled unintelligible words and collapsed after a minute, sliding off the figures arm to lay next to his brother. The cloaked figure wiped the blood from their hand on their cloak, turning to face Rima, slowly walking in her direction.

Rima, having nowhere to run - even if she wanted to, she couldn't on a sprained ankle - just shut her eyes tightly, waiting to feel the pain of her chest being pierced like the two before her. But Rima was thoroughly surprised when she felt a warm hand rest on top her head, smoothing down the stray hairs.

"I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on you... aren't I.."

Looking up, Rima almost cried with joy at the sight of Kaneki's smiling face as he crouched before her. Throwing her arms around his neck, silent tears falling from her eyes. Kaneki just softly sighed in relief, letting her cry in his arms.

"Shh... I'm here... You don't have to be scared anymore, I'll protect you... don't cry..."Kaneki mumbled lowly, burying his nose in the side of Rima's head, sighing softly. Rima just nodded, just happy that he was there, keeping her safe...

Rima sighed once again, standing straight up. She felt bad for Kaneki. All he wanted was to protect everyone, but he couldn't even protect himself. It was another one of the things that reminded Rima of Sasaki. Sasaki always wants to protect people from getting hurt - proof was of how he acted with the whole Mutsuki thing - even if he got hurt himself.

That worries Rima though. She cared for Sasaki a lot, and she didn't want him to end up like Kaneki Ken. Dying while trying to save everyone. Though if Rima has anything to with it - she wouldn't let Sasaki get hurt. It seemed like from her memories, that she took the death of Kaneki Ken really hard - which could be part of the reason why she couldn't remember him- and Rima didn't know if she could deal with someone else being mercilessly killed before her.

She would try and protect Sasaki Haise even if it was the last thing she did.

Stretching her arms above her head, Rima walked over to her bedside lamp turning it off and getting under her covers. She wanted to try and get as much sleep as she could. Her sleeping pattern was all messed up from her time in the hospital. Rima wanted to finally get it right, so she could be more energetic during the day.

A few minutes after laying down, Rima was fast asleep. Completely forgetting about her bedroom window that she left open....

The Next Morning...

Rima woke up the next morning to her room feeling like it turned into Antarctica. Hugging her blanket around herself tighter, Rima looked around her room trying to find the cause of the freezing temperature, instantly locking onto her window that stood wide open.

Mentally lecturing herself about leaving it open, Rima got to her feet quickly walking over to the window, and pulling it shut. Rima halted suddenly when she heard a crunching sound near the lining of the window. Looking down, Rima spotted a folded up piece of paper being crumbled by the window. Opening it back up, Rima gently pulled the paper out and shut the window closed.

As Rima walked back to sit on the edge of her bed, she inspected the paper. It was wrinkly and had dark smudges everywhere. Like there was dirt and someone tried to wipe it off, not doing a good job. After inspecting it for another minute, Rima decided to unfold it. She was surprised to see it was actually a note.

Remember why you ran away from them in the first place

Was all that was written. No name or who it was addressed to. Nothing. Rima reread it a couple more time trying to see if she could find any clue as to who could have wrote it, but again, there was only a sentence. Looking at her window, Rima figured it would of had to have been some kind of prank. Though it would have to be a pretty brave kid to pull it off. Akira's apartment was on the 5th floor and Rima's window was a straight shot down.

Rima also decide to keep the note to herself. She didn't want to worry Akira even more then she already was. She already had Rima and work to worry about, she didn't need to add a prankster to her list.

As Rima thought of different possibilities how how the note could have gotten there, a motherly voice floated to Rima's ears.

"Rima, are you up yet!?"Akira called from down the hall.

"Yeah."Rima quickly folded the piece of paper back up.

"Good. Get ready, were going to the CCG building today."

Rima's eyes widened. She hurriedly rushed around her room, getting ready. Wondering what was going to happen today. Before she left, Rima slid the note in her dresser, under a pile of clothes to make sure it was hiding well. Maybe she could do a little investigating while at the CCG HQ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 561 22
Hello~~ this's the second part of my Tokyo Ghoul series~~ if you haven't read the first fiction "Don't Ever Let Go [A Touken Fiction]" then you'd bet...
1.6K 45 27
You had been held as a test subject since birth, never knowing happiness or a better life you finally escape in hopes of finding that. However you s...
97.6K 2.9K 44
WARNING : MY VERY FIRST BOOK & BAD WRITING !! • ken kaneki x female ghoul ! reader • BOOK 1
80.3K 924 17
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION, PLEASE READ: Hi, I'm James Gibbs. This is my first fanfiction, and my first story on Wattpad. This is based off of the Japanes...