Beneath The Shadows (BXB)

By Ashe_frost

Liam Claremont studies at day and works in a bar at night, to help his single mother sustain their family. As... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Hiatus
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Proof of Life
Proof of life (2)
Chapter 67

Chapter 17

44.6K 2.4K 369
By Ashe_frost

Liam's POV

As soon as I was out, I heard a loud noise coming from his room and it was soon followed by something crashing. I heard a thud coming from behind the door and I was about to turn into a corner when I bumped into Kayne.

"Ryder." I poured all I needed to say into my words and his eyes grew wide with something like alarm before he disappeared right in front of my eyes.

I stood there for a minute before sprinting towards my room, uncaring of the looks that some of the vampires were giving me. When I arrived at my room, I saw Natalie on my bed with her nails in between her teeth.

"What happened? Why do you look like you just ran a marathon?" She quickly asked me and assessed my heavily breathing body.

"Ryder." I swallowed past the dryness on my throat before I waited for her reaction. She looked surprised at what I just said and I nodded my head, following her same line of thought.

"I still had 8 minutes left but he was already there before I could go out unnoticed." I told her honestly because she was also honest to me. I didn't waste any time opening my phone and calling mom to tell her that I wasn't able to reply to her texts because something happened, but I'm already on the way back home. She was glad to hear my voice and she thought of going to the police if I still didn't answer after 1 week.

"Okay, love you Mom. See you soon." I hang up and called Matt. I also told him I was fine and thanked him for covering for me at work. He was worried because I was out of reach but I told him that I'll be back soon.

"What do you mean you'll be back soon?" Natalie asked angrily and she was definitely upset about what she heard.

I clenched my fingers around my phone before I placed it on the pocket of my jeans. I took a step towards her and grabbed her face in between my hands.

"Natalie. I need to go. I have a life out there. I have a family. I know that you need me for something I don't understand but I also need you to understand that you can't take my life and family away from me. A family that needs me because my father left 3 years ago and I'm the only one that they can lean on." I told her sadly and watched as her expression turned into a solemn one.

"You guys took me away from my world, but I want you to understand that I have people waiting and worrying about me. I know that I can't bring them into this so at least let me see them and hug them. I have a feeling things will get dangerous starting from now, but, please let me live in my world for even just a moment. Because, even if you don't say it, I'm a pawn in this game and my time is clicking." I admitted the words that were on my mind for a time now and dropped my hands from her face.

"Emotional blackmail, Liam? Really?" She quirked an eyebrow up and crossed her arms over her chest. I smiled sheepishly at her and she shook her head at me.

"You're really using the friend card on me, huh? Fine I'll help you. On one condition." She told me and I beamed at her before throwing my arms around her.

"Anything." I told her and pulled away but kept her at arms length.

"You'll let me drink your blood." I immediately clutched my wrist which Raegan just fed from and looked at her with a slightly worried expression.

"Don't worry I'll just take a tiny tiny little sip." She assured me and made tiny gestures with her hands. She wiggled her eyebrows and I couldn't stop the small smile that escaped my lips.

"Fine. But promise that you won't make it hurt." I held out my pinky finger at her and she looked at it curiously. I urged her with my hand and this woman shook it with her hand.

"No! That's not how you do it!" I showed her how to do the pinky swear and scolded her for not knowing it.

"You know that with my age, I could as well be your grandma right?" She laughed at me and I looked at her with a horrified expression.

"I'm 84 years old, Liam." She revealed and I gasped at how old she was. I looked at her from head to toe and I knew that she became a vampire when she was either 21 or 22.

"How are we gonna get out?" I directed us back to the topic and she hummed before sitting back on my bed.

"Leave that to me."

----

After talking with Natalie, she told me to be ready in 10. She said that she was just going to bring a few things and make sure that our escape route is set.

I was worried about Ryder and what happened between us. I didn't know that a kiss will lead to that. I don't even know if he's okay now. One thing's for sure. I need to leave him a note.

I scanned the drawers for a piece of paper and immediately found one on the bottom part. I looked for a pen and it was on top of the table near the windows so I took a seat and wrote him a simple letter.

The door opened and Natalie came rushing inside, wearing casual clothes.

"Let's go." She pointed her head towards the door and I nodded after making sure that my note was safe and secure.

"Let's do this."

The sun was still out and the palace radiated grace as we passed through the vast halls and different areas like the pool, the pavilion, the huge garden, and the training grounds for the legion. I already saw these areas when Ryder accompanied me but I still get amazed.

"Remember the plan, Liam. We pass through the West gate and there will be palace guards there but I'll talk us out of it." Natalie placed her hands on my shoulders and looked me seriously in the eyes.

"I'm going to get in trouble for this. I hope this is worth it." She winced slightly at whatever it is that might happen after this. I placed my hands on top of hers before I replied.

"I'm never going to forget that you did this for me. If we ever get caught, I'll make sure to tell them that it was my idea and I'll talk to Raegan." I assured her and she nodded her head before we made our way towards the west gate.

I saw 2 guards positioned beside the black and golden gate, while another set of guards were stationed on top of the wall.

"Let us through. Commander Lockwood gave us permission in the name of His Grandness. Liam needs to go outside." Natalie stood up straight and squared her shoulders so I mimicked her and did the same.

"You look like an angry puppy with baby teeth. Stop copying me and make your own smug stance." She whispered in my ear before meeting the eyes of the guard in front of us.

"Call the office of Commander Lockwood to check." He ordered the other guard and I looked at Natalie with a panicked expression.

She just winked at me and forced me to look straight ahead.

"Sir, I can't reach the office of Commander Lockwood or the desk of his secretary." The other guard said and I glanced sideways at Natalie only to see the proud look on her face.

"We don't have all day. If we're late on our appointment, will you take the blame for this one?" She cocked her hips to the side and placed a hand over it.

Okaayyyy....

The guards looked at her before looking at each other. They seem to be talking with hushed voices and the leader of the guard stepped forward as his eyes landed on me.

"We can't afford to take risks. You are accompanying the human that the Grand High Master favors. I'll send a guard to the main building and I suggest you wait." He told us and I caught the first sign of panic on Natalie's face. I tensed and gripped her arm before I took a deep breath.

Please work.

"You question the command of your own commander? I might be human but I think that's overstepping your boundaries. And you do know for a fact that His Grandness favors me. So if we are late for this appointment and you don't let us through this instant, I could have you replaced, immediately." I spoke with authority on my voice but deep inside I was so nervous and prayed that they fall for it.

I narrowed my eyes at him and looked him from head to toe before I raised a brow. Oh God. I look so mean!

"The choice is yours." I saw his throat bob up and down as he swallowed. He looked at me in a new way and I wanted to apologize to him for doing this.

"I'm very sorry, Sire. Please." He bowed his head and stepped aside to let us through. He ordered the other guard to open the gate and my heart was beating so loudly with the idea of going home again.

As soon as we were out and somewhere far from the palace, I turned to Natalie and cheered. She jumped up and down with me for this huge success.

We were breathless as soon as we were finished celebrating, and I hugged her once again before turning towards the scenery in front of me.

"That was awesome. And your bitch face? Impeccable! Magnifique!" She ruffled my hair with her hands and I tilted my head to the side, confused at the term she used.

"What's a bitch face?" I asked her and furrowed my brows. She looked at me like I'm the most boring person before she replied.

"Here's a better one. What's a Ryder and why did you smell like him when you reached your room? Did you guys.." She trailed off and I blushed so hard that I wonder if steam was coming out of my head.

"Oh shit. You did, didn't you?" She asked excitedly and she was definitely enjoying my reaction.

"Let's just go." I hurriedly walked past her and I heard her laughing behind me.

"Did he bang yo-"

"NATALIE!" I screamed and covered my ears and ran but she was persistent to know what happened so I stepped on her foot causing her to wince and glare at me.

"So where to?" She asked as she strolled beside me.

"Seattle."

A/N: Vote or else I will gut you🔪😑😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 5.4K 82
Even though I'm a mess and I still don't think I'm good enough for him, I want to date him. I haven't managed to scare him off with my panic attacks...
246K 9.5K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
SAFE (mxm) By Anna Nikol

General Fiction

467K 25.5K 80
A handsome man, obsessed with computers, workout and books, clever, well known for his professional expertise, rich and impressive. David is all of t...
381K 12K 23
Liam Green, an alpha with a secret who's ready to give up on the idea of finding his mate after 6 years of searching. Finely Floyd, a grade A asshol...